Benchmark Senior Living

Benchmark Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States319 reviews
Featured review
Benchmark Senior Living selected this as a representative review
The very best company I ever worked for.
I love working here. They believe in there employees. Benefits are the best in the industry. Management in my community is great. Love working here. You will too
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed atmosphere, so many benefits. Lots and lots of benefits.
Cons
Have to wait 90 days for health coverage.
it's Healthcare
look, if you are looking to get into a career with healthcare and want to start off as a LNA, this is a great place to start you can learn a lot quickly here. If you are not an LNA, benchmark can help you become one. The ugly fact about LNAs is that you are expendable. Benchmark knows that and will also make sure you know that they can and will replace you. If you work here expect to see firings often, that is the truth. they will have reasoning behind it, but don't be surprised if it's for something outrageous.

Front office staff can be nice, will often advocate for you to do your best within the facility , but you need to always watch for their true intentions with any of the management.

I would rate as the following (5 star scale)

Ex Director: 3.5 stars.

You will see him for team monthly meetings which are a huge show arbors likes to put on once a month for employees. Its a nice break from work but don't be fooled by its appearance. the Ex director will be extremely nice to your face. Remember that this is a business, and that's his main motive to make money for the company. If there is any issue , he will speak to your supervisor/ Hr.

Front Office Staff: 4.5 stars

First appearances are great. Hr is incredibly diligent ,and reception is polite. I feel biased on my review, I never had a bad moment with either HR, or reception. However, you may hear otherwise. I, personally have not.

Nursing Directors: 4 stars

Nice Ladies. They love their job. I think they do what they can with what they are given. Rules and ect change left and right. I think communication
 - more...
Not the best
This company cares only about the potential money. I ended my time with them because they refused to give me time off due to the coronavirus. I have lung disease and they were not understanding or caring of the fact I am high risk. I did not want to get sick then bring this virus into work to the elderly. Even during the virus they were bringing new people in to live here. Again only caring about the possible money.
Pros
Benefits and some coworkers were fun and passionate about the work
Cons
Money hungry, dirty kitchen, dirty dishes, high turnover, alot of call outs, rude coworkers, passive aggressive behavior, and have to accept abuse from residents.
Management and staff are wonderful..Residents you start seeing them like family .great place to work great pay , insurance and time off is excellent
Worst job I ever had
Benchmark senior living is the worst company I have ever worked for. They care only about politics and do not care about the workers or residents. Management stays in their offices and doesn’t talk to residents or staff. No respect or support from any of the management team either.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
pay is a joke
we work hard we are short of help pay scale is bad now with virus we should get double time over 40hrs not time and a half promotions and razes stink
Pros
like the residents
Cons
lousey pay
third shift gets left out
the place is great to work at i worked all 3 shifts but third shift we get left out and there's no increase pay for third shift, but other than that the place is great
Good
It was a good place. Warm and welcoming. Good stuff communication and team work, flexibility, safety and advocacy. Cleanliness good patient care and stuff.
Needs to pay more & be fair with employees
This is an ok place to work but they need to pay rcas better than what they do & it's supposed to be assistant living when it's more like a nursing home environment based on the care we do there's multiple lifts & the nurses leave at 8p & they have a nurse on call leaving it all up to rcas to do the work .I feel management favoritzing with pay along with other things & 11p-7 a shift is always late to their shift we complain about but nothing's done they still come in when they feel like it & it's unfair we don't even get night or weekand differential I feel we should for all the work we do.
Work flexibility
Overall I am happy working for benchmark senior living. The working hours are flexible. The commute is bearable. And my coworkers are wonderful. I am happy.
Pay is so poor
It’s stressing it is more of a nursing home
Too much racism ,favoritism from the bosses, there is no employee motivation at all very poor pay yet they expect you to deliver 100percent
Productive and great place to work
Its is a wonderful place to work. I love working and talking to the seniors they give you alot to think about after conversating with them which inspires me to work there forever
Not a bad place to work. Just needs to pay more
It's an assisted living place but feels like you are working at a nursing home. I didn't mind it but pay us more then if we are going to be doing nursing home work. And overnight staff never got any recignition
Pros
The rca's help each other out. Well on overnight
Cons
No overnight differential
Management sucks dont care for certain employees dont give a dam about employees problems
Bad management dont care about some employees but make sure some are ok (special treatment) not a good place to work cheap wages housekeeping manager sucks ,dinning manager sucks
Stress
Stresss
Not assisted living

Short staff

Executive director won't talk to staff will ignore you when you say hello. If he sees an issue he goes to department head instead.
Amazing work environment
One of the best companies I have worked for. Entire staff and management were very helpful, kind and courteous. I would definitely work another assignment for them.
Office manager makes promises to get you through the door. No interview process at all. Will hire anyone. Just need a good back ground check
I loved the residents but care was not appropriate. A lot of needs for the residents were not met. Managment was poor. They only care about the bottom line financially. Personally expressed concerned for resident safety and was told we need the bodies. Would not recommend this company for any family members.
Benchmark Senior Living review
I worked at two locations in CT. The residents are awesome and so thankful for the staff. They make it rewarding. However, there is a revolving door of employees leaving/starting work. Lots of turnover. They say that their culture is about taking care of their employees but it doesn't seem to play out that way. Administrators come and go quickly as well.
My experience
Love working with residents very Safty oriented enjoy being around elders ,many awards and achievements and employee of the month several times. The job requires a lot of energy and responsibilities for not enough pay, management is definitely overrated and money driven and not about the residents other than making false promises. There old with plenty of money
Horrible management
Management is horrible here. They don't care about the workers or patients. All they care about is making money. that place is more like a nursing home.
Pros
benefits are good'
Cons
management is horrible
Not the place for me.
Communication is poor. Management picks and chooses who they want to fire or hire do to gossip good or bad. They dont follow the employees rights or workers comp restrictions always pushing employees to the point of break. Work wise. Not staffed enough ever.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight