Benchmark Senior Living Employee Reviews

A very cut-throat place
Lead LNA (Former Employee) –  Bedford New HampshireJanuary 10, 2018
They would always promise the residents families one thing and give them another always arguing that the person didn't need the certain care button which they did overall they saw the residents as just a paycheck and not a person
Cons
The whole setup
Pretty productive workplace
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 5, 2018
Everything is in constant motion here and scheduled to a T; I did however feel overwhelmed most of the time with the things I had to execute with the amount of residents I have
Pros
Very relaxed environment
Cons
Most of my fellow colleagues are rude and treated me like I was inferior or a child
The residents are nice
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MADecember 23, 2017
I lasted 2 & 1/2 weeks- The person who trained me let me know on day 2 there are no lunches or breaks- “ Velcro yourself to the desk” I was told! You can eat standing up in a corner while watching the desk. Also was given a cell phone to forward calls to that you had to take to the bathroom with you as well as a pager. This was a 15$ an hour pay scale which was terrible for what was expected. Manager and HR were very nice people.
I pray for the next person who ends up there and hope they make some changes like forward calls to another desk when you have to eat or use the restroom.Its not a difficult job.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Terrible wages, no break or lunch
decent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 13, 2017
a lot of times its short staffed so the work load can be a lot. the management there really isnt that great. most of the residents are nice to work with
Fast-paced assisted living home
Lead Receptionist/Programming Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at work involves running different programs for the elderly. It is enjoyable, requires lifting and moving light furniture. Management is very helpful, there's a great team-player atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is when someone passes away, the best part is according each resident dignity, especially considering the society we live in does not value the elderly as they should.
fine place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 12, 2017
Benchmark is a good company to work for. They provide flexible working schedule, competitive salaries and a pleasant working environment. I would recommend my employer to friends.
Great, Place to Work, Very Low Pay for CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 7, 2017
It's a good place to work. The management is very nice. The staff is really nice and welcoming. What I don't like about it is that the salaries are very very low for the work that is expected. i know that most people working at this company as CNAs have hard time sustaining themselves and their families with the low wages Benchmark is paying them. An average resident pays about $10,000 (more or less) a month to live at Benchmark, while an average CNA makes about $12/hr. This is the reason many people want to leave because they know they can receive a lot better wages somewhere else for the same work.
Cons
You have to pay for lunches, very low wages for CNAs
Great team work
Server (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHNovember 6, 2017
Fast paced atmosphere. Love the residents . Enjoy serving.. Management cares of your well being .. Good pay !! Great team work. I Would recommend family and friends.
Rewarding work experoence
RN CDP (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MANovember 5, 2017
Rewarding working with senior population. There are numerous courses available for continued learning.Each day provides a new adventure in assisting those residents with Alzheimers and related Dementia.
Proceed with caution
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 24, 2017
This company should be investigated on all levels. What they do to staff is awful. I could not wait to get out of that place. They let people age in place without the resources to care for them. They never paid me my last wages. I went my own way and never looked back.
Pros
Cons
Everything very poor management
Disorganized and lack of good management
Activity Asst., The Atrium at Faxon Woods (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 20, 2017
Not a good culture. Too many non-English language workers hired to care for Alzheimer's/Dementia patients. Residents can't hear well or understand what these CNA's or nurses are saying which leads to them being impatient and often yelling at patients. Absolutely unacceptable! The most consistent thing is inconsistency.
However, the joy is in getting to know the residents of this community and spending the day with them.
Pros
Benefits are ok
it wasnt a very productive place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTOctober 5, 2017
a typical day at coachman required to be running back and forth answering pendants and trying to get people up ready for breakfast on time. we was always under staff so there was always two of us running back and forth like crazy. the hardest thing for me was trying to get all the pendants answered on time and get everyone needs fulfilled. the best part of the day was when it was time to leave. hahaha
Pros
the workers where sort of good
Cons
shorts breaks, or sometimes you didn't take a break. always short staff and management didn't care
Liars that just wanted money
CRMA, PSS (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MESeptember 27, 2017
Great place at first. But then you learn they just want money. Always short staffed never have what you need. Management doesn't back you up. If you get hurt they don't care.
Some co workers were fun to work with
Chef (Former Employee) –  Capital ridge at providenceSeptember 2, 2017
Poor management . not enough staff always under staffed . over worked and no one cared about it not even your boss .worked double shifts on weekends . on a positive note some of the health benefits were ok
Pros
Health benfits
Cons
To many
Just filling beds
Care Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTAugust 14, 2017
BSL is more concerned about filling beds than the needs of residents. The communication at my facility is poor and management is too involved in gossip. Too many managers have their hands in the pot without a full understanding of what goes on in the different departments.
Pros
regular staff works together as a team.
Cons
Everyone is stressed out and overworked. not enough staffing for residents.
Fun place to work
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 9, 2017
Very good place to work voted number one a few yesrs in a row.but you have to deal with death almost on a weekly basis and im not that strong of a person especially when you get to know the people
Pros
No stress
Cons
Coming to work on my days off
Unorganized staffing, poor treatment to staff
Overnight resident care supervisor/ LPN (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTJuly 28, 2017
They try to force staff to care for residents that should be in a nursing home with assisted living policies. They seemed not to care about the poor night staff being over worked.
productive and fun place to work
The Atrium at Cardinal Drive (Current Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 27, 2017
I love working here. i love my girls i work with. i love my residents like they were my own family. when i take care of them i think of them as taking care of my own family.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Not enough appreciation for the good things we do
Beautiful communities and wonderful residents
Director of Community Relations (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 5, 2017
Working for Benchmark Senior living for the past year and a half has been a great learning experience and is by far the most purposeful job I have ever had. Helping seniors and their family members understand all the ins and outs of assisted living so they will be able to make the right choice at the right time has been very satisfying.
Pros
The Residents, Salary
Cons
Long days.
busy and fun with high potentiol to improve ones self
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 26, 2017
I come in the early morning to make sure the residents with dementia get their food first as is custom to every meal during the day. I keep up with all the dishes, pans, and ect that are given to me from the cooks and servers from breakfast to lunch. Along with the dishes I must fulfill extra cleaning and sue chef duties like cutting fruit, sweeping, re stocking, and taking out trash. I have learned many safety techniques leadership roles and teamwork. My managers are wonderful to me with providing helpful tips on how to make my job easier and more efficient along with helping me work my school and outside life in with my job schedule. Everyone at work is very friendly and helpful. The directors are very team oriented and fair to their employees. The hardest part of my job is coming up with an easy routine that will ensure that I get all my duties done efficiently and on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting friendly coworkers and residents with a smile on my face.
Pros
free food, great benefits, friendly people, great scheduling
Cons
low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6