Benco Dental Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 8, 2019
All of the managers play favorites. Good luck having a social life after work. There is absolutely no room for advancement in the company. Your opinion has no value in this place. Worse job i have ever worked. It lacks class and dignity in all forms. The people who do work here are treated like they don't matter. Raises are almost worthless. You can tell who the favorites are because obviously Seniority has no place either.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Managers suck
Good experience
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2019
Good company. Eroding culture. Mission is still strong. Direction is changing but I still recommend. I loved the majority of co-workers there. I hope they course correct.
Great place
Benefits coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 12, 2019
Great place to work with great benefits. They offer health, dental, and vision but also have unique benefits like quarterly luncheons, massages for employees, a full service cafeteria, free coffee and tea, and learning opportunities. There is opportunity to advancement but slows down the higher you get. The upper management sticks in for the long haul because it is a great place to work. The owners are personable and available. They feel like keeping the employee happy keeps the customer happy. I worked my way up from customer service to HR and it really is great.
Pros
Great and unique benefits, great culture, happy people
Cons
Some departments are very clicky
Very structured
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 6, 2019
The place is ran on a tight ship. If your job is an order picker, you are an order picker. There isn't flexibility to do much than what is your job. They do a good job of posting job openings internally before making it public. They do like you to get involved with the community through volunteer efforts.
Pros
New building
Cons
Maybe too structured
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 8, 2019
Benco Dental is a company that cares about its employees. Everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly and their Culture and People department is fantastic.
Well-lead family-owned company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Benco is an awesome place to work. The family-owned company truly cares about it's associates and treats them well financially as well as providing an exciting work atmosphere and facilities that are well structured. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Up-to-date technology, collaborative atmosphere
Not enough Work
Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2019
Great company but not enough sales reps to get service going. need more reps to establish a good understanding with offices and then would begin to flourish in service
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
need more accounts
Good company
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJanuary 16, 2019
Family owned up and coming company

Extensive growth across the country.

Great co-workers

Good work/life balance

Good benefits

Decent salary for the area
do not work under Wayne
Tech Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2018
do not work under Wayne he is one of the worst managers i have ever seen and many tech hate him and have left and or are leving... pluse he hires drug uses and then rehires them !!

that being saidi left benco because ther direct manager but the company is amazing and love them ..
Fairly flexible work schedule
Territory Representative/Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2018
I enjoyed working in an environment which allowed me to be self driven for success. Working with dental professionals offered a clean professional environment.
Recruited to build business in the Midwest.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2018
My tenure at Benco was short. I was sought after, after relocating to the Midwest. They desired to develop a buisness presence and reputation, and add new accounts.I grew the territory by 67% in 1 year.I left to pursue resuming my career in pharmaceutical and/or medical sales, as I have a passion for science.
The company has an awesome "family" vibe, very enjoyable to work for the executive management. They care about the productivity, happiness and goals of their employees. However, MY manger did not, nor offer any structure or motivation. And was not great with communicating with the team, and very unprofessional. I have learned he is no longer with the company. So, Kudos to Benco listening to and investigating employee complains and high turnover on our team!
Busy
SR Technician and Preventive Maintenance Spec (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 12, 2018
The company originally gave me free range to develop an intrapreneurship in developing a successful preventive maintenance program but later after changing service managers he was allowed to shut me down.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Bad service manager
It was okay
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 19, 2018
Nothing special. A good name in the dental industry but we're not dentists. The employees for the most part are always secondary. Understanding the customer comes first yes. However, if workers aren't treated with respect and compensated accordingly it makes for a gossipy dismal atmosphere.
benefits
Cons
dismal atmosphere. bland management. fake.
Great Family Culture- little opportunity for growth
Sales (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 22, 2018
Friendly employees, a great atmosphere with open door policies. Someone in management is always open to hearing your struggles or questions and willing to give honest transparent feedback. Mentors and coworkers there to help guide you on your career path.

Pay is lower than average for similar roles in the area. Yearly raises are very little. Encourage employees to apply and professionally grow within the company but with qualifications that make options limited.
Pros
Gym, family business, health benefits, training programs, mentors
Cons
Pay scale, raises, internal job opportunities
Great Team environment
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 19, 2018
Our department has a very talented team, but at times we are limited to what we can do. It is also very hard to advance to other positions with current career ladder. A lot of older positions were just absorbed by other workers and additional tasks with no added compensation
Benco Dental
Help Desk Technicain (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJJuly 9, 2018
Benco dental is a service company. We provided repair and installations to various locations in the Tri-State area. I enjoyed working with all of the staff members. We worked independently and as a team. Our typical day went from our homes out to the field by job tickets. Most days we did not go to the main office. I really enjoyed the different challenges of the next job you were sent on. Always a new challenge.
Great company
INTERIOR DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
This company is a stellar example of how a company should operate! The learning which happens here truly helps to develop its employees into leaders. Great people who make a great company!
Very Relaxed
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 30, 2018
This job is amazing whether you are just starting out, or have been in the work force for awhile. There were people working there from 18 to 50, and everyone was treated equally. It was a bit intense on busier days, but even then, all of the work got done and production stayed rolling. They have you trained in almost every job there, and the more versatile you are, the easier the job seems. I definitely recommend this if you like warehouse work. The hours are good, the pay is phenomenal, and the management is professional yet friendly.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, management really cares about the employees, always improving, listens to new ideas.
Cons
Busy in the summer months, can be stressful at first.
Overal great place to work
Administrative Regional Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Overall great place to work. A bit of a disconnect with the Corporate structure and those out in the sales field. Great benefits and most people wonderful to work with and for.
Pros
PTO accrued, great benefits, nice people, plenty of resources.
Cons
Disconnect between Corporate management and those out in the sales field.
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  CAApril 30, 2018
Company is family owned and operated. CEO and all levels of management care about their employees and provide opportunities for advancement. Company provides a flexible work schedule and a good work/life balance.
Pros
Management that cares
Cons
Health benefit cost could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benco Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Benco Dental.

Powered by Comparably