Bender Employee Reviews

I think bender is a great job but not enough hours
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 22, 2019
It’s a great job for whoever want one I got It fast but not enough hours I like working there but not enough hours to pay my bills I need at least 40 hours
Bender at Turbonics (Former Employee) –  4001 Pearl roadJuly 9, 2017
Turbonics was sold to a buyer and moved to Massachusetts. Mon.-Fri. i took flat pieces of metal and bent them into shapes to make heating and cooling units. i learned how to build some of these units and get my job done fast enough for my coworkers to build the units.The hardest parts to bend were large units and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting along with my coworkers and getting my job done fast on a daily basis impressing my bosses.
Pros
darts in the lunchroom
Cons
no benefits
Good employees
effeciant (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 7, 2017
Its a ok place to work. The hardest part is standing in one spot all night. I learned how to be persistant in making my rate in a different enviorment.
Pros
nice boss
Cons
short breaks
Made fuel lines
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 8, 2017
When you showed up you would dress out. Then you would go to your manager and see what they wanted done that day. From there you would go get your machine ready, get your materials, and then start making the fuel lines
Unpleasant Work Environment
Associate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2017
Worked long hours and management was extremely unhelpful and unkind. Public shaming over team emails. No employee rewards. High turnover rate. Poor HR.
Productive place to work
Bender (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIDecember 4, 2016
Great company to work for! Productive place to work. High energy, fast paced. Help with learning company policies and new work.
Empresa muy buena en la manufactura de barcos
Tubero Especialista (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 22, 2016
Una de las principales armadoras de barcos en USA. Es un honor trabajar para Bender.
Pros
Empresa que apoya a su personal a la superación en los diferentes trabajos.
Cons
Inmigración, (permisos para trabajar)
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 9, 2016
Bender Group is a great place to work. Management always takes care of the workers and clients. They have always been there for me when I needed the help. I learned many of my skills from Bender Group. I would work for them any day again.
Pros
Productive and Management
Cons
N/a
It was a fun place to work
bender (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 6, 2016
I got along with everyone. I got a lot of over time. Lean some new trades. Co-workers will help you. The hardest for me was the learning of the different trades.
Pros
Good co-workes, two breaks
Cons
The new owners
Very demanding
Bender (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 12, 2015
Relieve worker on machine to produce quality parts for our customers. This included adjusting machine to align with CAD drawing. I learned alot of things on this job like, reading blueprints and CAD drawings and making proper adjustment to the machine within a sixteenth of a inch measurements. Management could be difficult at times because they was always pushing parts out door, but I never had any problems with them. The hardest part of this job was the hours I had to spend away from family but the pay helped to raise my daughter.I enjoyed the job because I do like learning new things and it was always a challenge.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor managment
Very tedious and fast pace work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GANovember 21, 2013
Bender was a very face paced job with tedious work.
I had to clean every room thoroughly and make sure my job was done perfect with a superb attitude.
Pros
All my work was done by lunch time
Cons
allergy issues
A bender's life using the press brake
Welder, Concept Frames (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCOctober 11, 2013
After going through the CNC turret punching, the product was sent to the press brake where i would calibrate and bend the materials into what it needed to be after checking around the machine and for anything that can be harmful to the machine. I make sure the pins are accurate, i make sure the right weight is being used for the type of steel im bending, I make sure that the correct die is being used, and after making the bend i check to make sure if the 90 is correctly formed of if there's too much or little weight that was being used.

I learned how much attention is needed to make sure i dont mess up the die from different types of steels and jobs i was going through in a day. It is a job that requires standing and satety precaution. The hardest part of the job would probably be trying to endure the summers when there's no AC circulation and maybe the more advance products that the company makes. The enjoyable part is that i worked and didn't need to worry about other things besides making productions.
Cons
No AC, dusty
productive work place bending tubes
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  abilene texasJune 26, 2013
a typical day consisted of bending boiler tubes and reading blue prints.

I learned the job very well and learned how to operate heavy machinery and welding.

management was moderate and needed help at times.

my co-workers were great and helped me become a hard worker.

the hardest part about the job was working in confined space areas.

my most enjoyable part of my job was helping others making sure the customer was satisfied with finished product.
Pros
1 hr lunches
Cons
rugged working conditions
Internal Perks
Associate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2012
This is a good company to work for since they have a New York and Califonia office. You can internally switch locations while keeping the same position.