Benedictine University Employee Reviews

Top notch University, with high ethical values, to work for as an adjunct instructor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL and onlineNovember 5, 2018
Was a great place to experience teaching students of diverse backgrounds and cultures from several countries. Administration holds very high ethical and moral standards.
Pros
great people
Cons
a few minor technology glitches that come with using any new distance learning systems
Summary
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work. Diverse, friendly, and helpful environment. I learnt a lot from my peers. Highly recommend working here. Also, the campus is beautiful!
Awesome.
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 18, 2018
I was hired at Benedictine the fall after I graduated with my Bachelor's. It was my first full-time with benefits job. It was a great first experience. I learned a lot about our school, its goals, how to manage my work/life and about myself.
Great workplace that showed the importance of teamwork
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Great workplace that promoted individuality and personal growth. A normal workday consisted of data entry in which information about prospective students were uploaded. Another aspect of the job was providing tours for prospective students and helping them in their decision process.
Pros
Exposure to individuals of different backgrounds
Cons
Irregular schedule
Benedictine University
Student enrollment specialist (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 20, 2018
It is a collaborative type of place to work and not intense. they are really nice to you and help train you.
they are understanding of your schedule and needs
Great until unexpected changes
Tuition Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 13, 2018
Was given false promises on advancement with expectations to do responsibilities of others above my position. New supervisor was verbally abusive and micro-managed
Pros
great benefits and friends to work with
Cons
new supervisor
Enjoyed working with students
Adjunct Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2018
I worked at Benedictine as a part-time adjunct professor during fall semester 2015. I had a few students that I worked with before and after class, because they lacked the pre-requisite knowledge for the materials being covered in their college algebra course. Those students ultimately succeed and show a lot of improvement.
Pros
Several hard-working students
Cons
Many students only concerned about being eligible to play on sports teams
Fast-paced environment
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 18, 2018
The office is always busy as we had projects and paperwork to process daily. The supervisor is involved in the lives of the student employees. You learn a lot and acquire skills such as oral and written communication skills, time management, organization, leadership, discipline amongst others. It was sometimes stressful due to high demand of completing certain projects or paperwork
$12.00 hour
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 17, 2018
Love the building I worked in management did not hold people responsible for the job not done. Out sores temps which didn't care about how the work was done.. too much drama and management did nothing g to stop it.
Could've been a great place to retire from
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 16, 2018
Throughout my five years there, upper management always had issues and was constantly changing. They talk about their mission and values, but they don't follow them. They have constant budget issues. They pay certain people/positions high salaries, but the people that get the work done and are needed to grow the University are severely underpaid. No raises. Behind the times on technology and organization. Short staffed due to the budget problems.

Springfield was a great group of people to work with. Main campus is a different story for the most part. Benedictine does have amazing benefits and 100% tuition remission for employees and dependents. Great paid time off.

The Springfield campus was closed on 5/31/18-once again due to budget issues, and the remaining employees there lost their jobs other than about 4 people that were kept on and are working from a different location.
Pros
benefits, tuition remission, paid time off
Cons
management issues, short staffed, budgeting issues

Want to know more about Benedictine University?

Ask a question
Curriculum Development
Instructor (Former Employee) –  ILJune 26, 2018
Benedictine encourage uniformed learning so special project were created for curriculum development to enhance student learning. Hybrid and online classes were encouraged for the accelerated cohort programs.
Industry in Change
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 18, 2018
Benedictine is in a state of change and the whole higher ed industry comes to grips with the needs of both traditional and nontraditional students. This organization will be going through realignment of structure to fit the current market. Current leadership is willing to do what is necessary but it is not easy.
Pros
Values Driven Mission
Cons
Difficult time to industry
Great people
Office Assistant for Athletics (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 3, 2018
I loved working at this University; however, due to budget cuts I was let go. The faculty and staff at BenU is the best I have had the pleasure of working with. I will miss the dearly.
Pros
Tuition remission and GREAT health insurance
Cons
Budget crisis
productive work place.
Community Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 15, 2018
great work culture, but pay was very low for interns. management was also very positive and hardworking. The hardest part of the job was regarding pay.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
pay
Challenging and wonderful
Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator, - Professor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 14, 2018
Worked in the Adult Undergraduate Program for returning adult students.Reviewed applications, transcripts, interviewed potential students, Visited various other Community Colleges for recruitment purposes, and business / firms to introduce the Adult Undergraduate Programs available at Benedictine. As well as hospitals to introduce the University's BS Nursing Degree. Relaxed but challenging doing due diligence to serve incoming students and the University at large.
Working and teaching committed students..
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that you wished-great job.
Productive and Fun Place
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 10, 2018
Productive and Fun Place to work with, in conjunction with great opportunity for advancement. That, combined with genuine support for academic endeavor.
Job Work/ Life Balance
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 25, 2018
I am outgoing, detailed oriented and excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure. I have 21 years experience in payroll. Response time to employees is within 24 hours or less.
Pros
Attention to detail and exceptionally organized
Cons
Tax Regulations
Productive depending on the professor
Organic Chemistry Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 17, 2018
Followed lab manual and previous lab notes
Really depends on the kind of students you have in the class. I worked with a great professor so my work was minimal. But I do have peers who did not have the same luck as me
Nutshell
Associate Director Academic Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 17, 2018
I loved my position!

The campus closed and along with that 20 positions were eliminated including mine.

The closure was difficult for all involved including the community.
Benedictine
Grounds Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 2, 2018
I was a student so I was just making some money. I love the university and it has great options for students that want to work and study like me and all my friends