Benedictine University Employee Reviews

$12.00 hour
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 17, 2018
Love the building I worked in management did not hold people responsible for the job not done. Out sores temps which didn't care about how the work was done.. too much drama and management did nothing g to stop it.
Curriculum Development
Instructor (Former Employee) –  ILJune 26, 2018
Benedictine encourage uniformed learning so special project were created for curriculum development to enhance student learning. Hybrid and online classes were encouraged for the accelerated cohort programs.
Industry in Change
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 18, 2018
Benedictine is in a state of change and the whole higher ed industry comes to grips with the needs of both traditional and nontraditional students. This organization will be going through realignment of structure to fit the current market. Current leadership is willing to do what is necessary but it is not easy.
Pros
Values Driven Mission
Cons
Difficult time to industry
Great people
Office Assistant for Athletics (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 3, 2018
I loved working at this University; however, due to budget cuts I was let go. The faculty and staff at BenU is the best I have had the pleasure of working with. I will miss the dearly.
Pros
Tuition remission and GREAT health insurance
Cons
Budget crisis
productive work place.
Community Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 15, 2018
great work culture, but pay was very low for interns. management was also very positive and hardworking. The hardest part of the job was regarding pay.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
pay
Challenging and wonderful
Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator, - Professor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 14, 2018
Worked in the Adult Undergraduate Program for returning adult students.Reviewed applications, transcripts, interviewed potential students, Visited various other Community Colleges for recruitment purposes, and business / firms to introduce the Adult Undergraduate Programs available at Benedictine. As well as hospitals to introduce the University's BS Nursing Degree. Relaxed but challenging doing due diligence to serve incoming students and the University at large.
Working and teaching committed students..
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that you wished-great job.
Productive and Fun Place
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 10, 2018
Productive and Fun Place to work with, in conjunction with great opportunity for advancement. That, combined with genuine support for academic endeavor.
Job Work/ Life Balance
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 25, 2018
I am outgoing, detailed oriented and excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure. I have 21 years experience in payroll. Response time to employees is within 24 hours or less.
Pros
Attention to detail and exceptionally organized
Cons
Tax Regulations
Productive depending on the professor
Organic Chemistry Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 17, 2018
Followed lab manual and previous lab notes
Really depends on the kind of students you have in the class. I worked with a great professor so my work was minimal. But I do have peers who did not have the same luck as me
Nutshell
Associate Director Academic Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 17, 2018
I loved my position!

The campus closed and along with that 20 positions were eliminated including mine.

The closure was difficult for all involved including the community.
Benedictine
Grounds Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 2, 2018
I was a student so I was just making some money. I love the university and it has great options for students that want to work and study like me and all my friends
Great job
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 27, 2018
Good work for a student who is in school. Job is easy. You get to learn some aspects of law enforcement by riding along with the officers who you work with. Management is great.
great masters programs
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 5, 2018
They have great Masters of Education Programs to choose from that are very low cost and easily able to fit into your life as a working teacher. The hybrid model is great for working professionals.
Benedictine University, Poor University, that cannot compete with neighboring universities.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Benedictine University has been struggling to provide a competitive education similar to what is being offered at the neighboring colleges. The buildings are falling apart and living conditions for students is deplorable. Because of the declining condition of the campus, Students are taking their education dollars elsewhere. This problem along with an overall decline in graduating seniors in High Schools, has lead to massive lay off's and zero improvements to the university. Leadership is unresponsive to the needs of the university and the ship is sinking fast without a lifeboat.

The only positive thing about working for the university was the benefits, which included generous paid time off, low cost insurance, and free education for staff and their family.
Pros
Cons
Job uncertainty in a time of the schools financial downturn
Great learning curve for students looking for employment.
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Enrollment CenterFebruary 1, 2018
Benedictine was a fun place to work. It was a close family environment along with an easy going work pace. Everyone here was very friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with students that did not speak English.
Fun time spent with fellow students
1) Line chef/ student food service worker (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The best part of the job is challenging yourself to get orders out faster and more efficiently than the time before. A typical day includes coming in half and getting all the food prepped and prepared for the day and night shifts. My job is to cut enough lettuce to make it through a 10 hour day, enough produce chopped to ensure smooth service later in the night, and to have the kitchen stocked to the best of my abilities. Its a challenge of making sure every aspect is taken care of so there is no issues for the night crew.
Pros
free meals when working
Cons
interferes with school on occasion
Great co workers and Management is Fantastic!!
Administrative Assistant/ Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 13, 2018
The institution has given me many opportunities and opened many doors to my career goals. The athletic and administrative staff are very hands on and the smaller catholic university makes for great relationships.
Corporate mentality creates hostile work environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 21, 2017
The approach to the way the new president runs the University is cold-hearted and breeds an environment of insecurity. Everyone on campus feels that they could lose their job at any time, which is no way to live. The constant budget cuts and under performing student recruitment makes the work environment very difficult to succeed in. When there is a new round of lay-offs every few months, people are going to start leaving on their own to save themselves. The new administration needs to reevaluate how they're treating their employees, and understand that they are creating a terrible place to work.
Benedictine University - Department of Athletics
Coordinator of Game Day Operations (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 19, 2017
Benedictine Athletics is a fun, fast paced environment. We're all here for the student athletes and seeing them succeed in the classroom and in athletics is what we're ultimately here for. You have to be flexible with your hours but will work with outstanding managers who will work with you to give you the best possible hours for you individual situation.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours
Teaching is a gift
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 24, 2017
Brought more real world experience to the class room; complex team projects made students more challenged; case analysis assignments are more learning opportunity for all in classes
Pros
Real world experience
Cons
Short term job