Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

No longer an MUA
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2018
Started working as a seasonal makeup artist, then immediately had myself stepped on by my manager who was the most rude person you could ever meet. She had no respect for herself or for others. It really led the whole team to crash and burn within a couple of months.
Pros
N/a
Benefit
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2017
Overall I had an ok experience working for benefit cosmetics, I was in a Macy’s where they also had a brow bar to have many services available for clients. Sadly it was a con to have it and spend all day ringing up services where you would not get any comision for. So you would ring up service after service and it was basically up to us to sell them everything even though the estee had the client with them for a solid 20 minutes. Reason I left company was because I didn’t see myself growing, I felt all I did was ring up services and never make comision sells for my hard work. And also because benefit is not a well know brand, you are competing with brands like Anastasia with amazing brow products that clearly win over any client who watches YouTube
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Ringing up estee clients no sells
Beauty advisor
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Really fun job if you're into makeup and a great seller! It's a fast paced working environment and also occasionally slow so you really have to know how to sell even on a slow day.
pretty decent
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 28, 2017
i work 5 days a week at benefit cosmetics at Macy's Herald Sq 34 st.
I've learned how to build client books and talking to the customers and getting them to know more about our products.
Brows
Brow Expert/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at benefits. I learned to work with kinds of brows. i was even taught how to wax, tweeze and draw in the perfect brow the client desired.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
N/a
Always fun & flexible
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
I love working for the company as a freelance artist, it gives me the flexibility to balance home and work life without taking up to much time from the other. As a freelance you don't get mich benefits but pay is good, and it is fun!
beauty Adviser and beauty consultant.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 24, 2015
Which women doesn't love makeup not me. I loved making women more beautiful then what they're. I used to sell beauty products and beauty consolations (makeovers). We had sell goals which wasn't hard to accomplish due to my amazing sales skills. when I worked here it didn't feel like working at all. Unfortunately some people don't work well with other and want to make sales to get there bonus.
Pros
bonus
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun work place with a lot of make up
Beauty Advisor, March (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 14, 2015
This job was so much fun and allowed me to work on my passion, which is make up. Getting to interact with customers and help them feel better about themselves was amazing. Loved this job
Prettycool
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  las vegasOctober 25, 2014
I liked working for Benefit, but i was more about artistry and they just didnt get that
Fun and great counter to work at!
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NY (Macy's Smithaven)March 14, 2013
Benefit was probably one of the best experiences I've had, job-wise, in a while. I have experience in retail but cosmetics retail is so much different and I've learned so much about the business through this job. The products are amazing and I've used them for years and I was thrilled when I got the chance to sell them and share their greatness with others. The girls I work with are amazing and we all have so much fun doing what we love together whether it's in the everyday work setting or during special events. I'd say the only downside and the hardest part about this job is working within Macy's. The company stresses numbers and getting credits more than anything and it's a lot of pressure but otherwise the job is fantastic.
Fun and Trendy
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXMarch 3, 2013
Part time position in a mall, this counter had a very bad location and zero client flow so it was very slow.
Pros
fun environment, free makeup
Cons
slow
Fun job, easy to get burned out though
FREELANCING BROW BAR AESTHETICIAN, BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 5, 2013
part of the way through my employment with Benefit the counter I worked for changed Business Managers; from a very intimidating yet effective woman who brought that Brow Bar to #1 in the country. To a woman no one took seriously and it was hard to believe she was "the boss" who then drove that counters numbers to the ground (to my understanding I was gone by that point).
There are always going to be catty girls and silly little dramas as egos clash with any job like this; but generally I got along with both the make up team and estheticians (I worked both sides) and my time spent there was pleasent enough.
Advancement can be very hard... or very easy depending on the type of women you are dealing with, for me I don't play the kiss butt games, I like my work to show for itself. So naturally in an (almost) all woman based career it took me a few months extra to get where I wanted to be (personally) but I can honestly say that while I was there it was a fun team and we were pretty drama free (surprisingly).
Pros
fun, fast paced, artisticly stimulating and really hones skills
Cons
drama potentials, catty girls
Exciting and fun product to sell in upbeat environment
Beauty Advisor at Macy's West Carlsbad (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2012
As a Benefit veteran, I understand the importance of generating new business by stepping out and pulling in new customers. I always maintained a cheerful, upbeat, and energetic attitude so that the counter atmosphere was playful and exciting for customers. I would demonstrate, recommend and sell Benefit products to customers. At the start of each shift, I maintained a sanitary, organized, and uniform appearance at service station and then proceed to target and achieve my daily goals.
Pros
free products, amazing customers, great sales team
Cons
benefit was also apart of macys, not a stand alone store
Fun environment, nice events, good quality products
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of traffic stopping customers and and brow mapping them with our 4 fake its and one fix its, Learned how to pull a customer and make a sale and double it by sitting the customer down and gaining their confidence. The management sometimes was not stable, when we did have consistency in made a huge difference. The hardest part of the job was maybe trying to make sales when it was so slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients that I got to build relationships with and stay in touch with. Also the cute events and costumes we got to wear during the events
Pros
cute events, training's, and gratis
Cons
no advancements, or growth in the company
Fun Creative Boutique
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJanuary 21, 2012
Adorable makeup boutique and brow bar in the hear of downtown Los Gatos in Northern CA. Friendly atmosphere, great products and easy to sell.
Pros
training and complimentary products