Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Esthetician

Overall a great company
Arch Expert/Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 24, 2019
Overall I enjoyed working for Benefit Cosmetics but I do wish the pay would increase slightly as it was hard to live on the income I received. It was also difficult to sell the goal amount set per day as every day welcomes a different amount of customers.
Interesting global corporation started in San Francisco CA
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Exciting work environment with daily goals.
Established and respected, imitated often!
Innovative promotional events.
Regular training at headquarters.
Beautiful products.
Industry icconoclasts.
Global.
Wonderful clients.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Vendor relationship with Macy's
great job for the right person
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2017
the description and the roll are two different things. You are only doing facial waxing and body waxing so if you are looking to be creative and constantly learn about the industry this is not the job for you.
Pros
pay and waxing expierence
Cons
not a team player environment
Fun Atmosphere
Lead Sales Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 12, 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a great place to start your Esthetics career. It is very retail driven so make sure that you are comfortable with sales because that is more important than providing waxing services! Fun place to work but you work a lot and the management isn't very successful..
Pros
Walk in clientele
Cons
In the middle of a department store, no privacy for clients!
Lots of perks! Fun environment, fast paced, and you never know what to expect
Arch Expert/ Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me setting up my work station to standard, checking the appointment book so that I am aware of my appointments and break period. During down time I call to confirm appointments for the following day, restock waxing supplies, restock products on the sales fixture, cut muslin, and traffic stop potential clients. When business picks up my objectives are to deliver a 20 minute brow service, which includes the consult, brow mapping, laying the wax, selling product, styling the brow /retouch the clients makeup and rebooking. About mid day I take my break for 1 hour and return to the fore mentioned. By the end of the night I begin gathering all my paperwork together, record my daily sales and services and clean/sanitize my area for the next day. I Spend 6 to 8 hours on feet daily, Work weekends, work until 7pm or 8pm sometimes later if busy. Like most customer service related jobs you run into a customer that is hard to please. Otherwise not a bad job, meet new people ever day, you talk a lot when educating your clients on products. Very girlie, youthful environment, retro packaging and irreverent names for products make it a fun line to work for.
Pros
Sick Pay, 1 hour breaks, Good Tips, Gratis twice a year, Surprise from the company on your birthday!
Cons
Work weekends, stand on feet all day, must be a pro at multitasking.
great place to work but not for long-term.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and the pay was great. They expect a lot out of their employees. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and being able to get time off.
Pros
co-workers, culture, fun, room for growth
Cons
hard to get time off, no work/life balance, long days, management
Fast paced, and a very productive work environment.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Working at Benefit Cosmetics was a great experience. Everybody had the same mindset - all team players and willing to work and help each other out. We definitely did help each other to advance our performance at work.

Benefit Cosmetics was a very fast paced environment, but it helped me to be very quick and efficient at my job with ease. Being at work was fun everyday - I felt like I didn't even have to try at customer service, because my job was so enjoyable and I was genuinely happy to be there with my coworkers, and also to assist every and all kinds of clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to connect with clients, and help them find exactly what they were looking for. Introducing them to new products that would also further benefit their make-up routine was also enjoyable, especially after seeing how happy they were with their new look!
Counterproductive company and wrong people in managerial/leadership roles.
Aesthetician/Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San RafaelMay 21, 2015
The only good thing that I got out of this job was meeting and interacting with customers. Salary meets the industry standard which is low already but overall experience and personal opinion of company is very negative. Definitely not good work-life balance.
Pros
Interacting with the friendly customers.
Cons
Everything else from how operations are run and managers/directors.
Outgoing and fun work atmosphere!
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 11, 2014
My typical day at work involves greeting customers and trying to convert them into getting a service done as well as making sales within the cosmetic line I represent, Benefit. I've learned how to gain clientele and to keep my clients coming back. The management is great, my GM and all other managers are wonderful. As for my co-workers, they're incredibly supportive and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job as an arch expert is making sure I traffic stop and rebook my clients. What I do enjoy most about my job is catering to my clients and making sure they feel confident and beautiful after they've had a service.
Pros
Continued support and on-going training for employees
Cons
Not enough money to live off of
a normal day
Esthetician and Manager (Former Employee) –  miami flMay 4, 2014
i get to my spot around 10:30 am i clean and organize all my products and station, i make sure everything is ready and prepared for when my client arrives for her service . i service my clients that walk in or have an appointment , then around 2:00 i have lunch till 3:00 i come back and continue to do services and pull clients in . then around 7 i start cleaning and picking up . i start adding my numbers and doing my sales for the day , i leave my booth and products clean and leave by 7:30 .
Pros
great boss, one hour lunch, paid vacation, free makeup, great trainings, free dinners and gifts
Cons
no team work, not enough boss visits, having to do everything on my own .