Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Makeup Artist

Working at Benefit
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 10, 2018
At a Belk Kiosk, it was decent work for decent pay. Great employees to work along side. Through this experience i have learned a great deal about work
Fun cosmetics company!
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Benefit cosmetics itself is a fun company always learning paid trips for product knowledge and out of town events. Esthetics always productive in sales and services offered. Downfall was the Executive. Not a "personality" for the Laughter is the Best Cosmetic. Very hostile hard to please when goals are met and not. Never satisfied. Not professionally as all. Reason why I left. No Human Reaources available for employees to report to. Complaints are NOT KEEP CONFIDENTIAL!!!
Pros
The company itself was great, products and services.
Cons
Lack of Human Resources to report. Executive management, very unprofessional. Cut throat, Hostile personality.
fun people and cool benefits
Wax Specialist, Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 5, 2017
typical day starts with driving to work, clocking in, taking clients and cleaning between. then I would take a lunch come back and continue with the day. Ending the day with cleaning our stations, doing reminder calls and clocking out.
Makeup Artist
Beauty Advisor/Makeup ArtistBeauty advisor (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYAugust 3, 2017
• Makeup Consultations.
• Keep track of all inventory while ordering any inventory needed in the store.
• Verify and separate all damaged and returned merchandise from customers and properly document damaged and returned items for loss prevention purposes.
• Build and keep very close relationship with customers by providing full individual customer service experience
• Promote store events, Greet and educate customers of the Benefit products and any special offers such as limited items and pre-sale upcoming merchandise.
Pros
Amazing Company
Cons
Wish we had more color to play with
Retail Life
Freelance Makeup Artist/ Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 31, 2017
As a Freelance artist, I go into stores to bring more light to the Benefit Cosmetics products, I am there to bring more business to the brand.It helps to know the products and which ones compliment each other to help up-sell. Benefit is a fun cosmetic brand that likes to bring the party and that keeps the energy of selling more enjoyable for you and the customers. One thing that may make the job difficult, is having a slow day and not having customers to show the products. Other than that, the atmosphere and the people are pleasant to work with.
Pros
working with makeup
Cons
sell, sell, sell
Fun customer service, travel and product knowlage
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2017
This was a fun experience which I had the opprotunity to freelance in various places in the greater Seattle area where Benefit Cosmetics were sold. I had a sales goal at each location which was fun to challange. I met alot of people and got to travel around the city. Some sales goals were difficult to make due to lack of customers. That was the primary reason I was directed to a location was to boost sales persay or take part in a trade show.
Pros
Traveling and meeting people/product knowlage
Cons
The job security was poor
Its a retail position that requires a lot of customer interaction
Marketing Coordinator/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 2, 2014
Have to build clientele and attract clients by showcasing and demonstrating products and communicating with clients.
Excellent place to work
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2014
I have worked as a freelance artist in the East coast and now midwest market. Excellent managers and account execs and a great team of artists as well.
Pros
great pay, excellent training, mobility in the company
Cons
no benefits for freelancers
Productive, supportive and fun
Freelance Makeup Artist/Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 7, 2013
I loved working for Benefit. The atmosphere was always lively and upbeat.
Pros
Fun, upbeat, informative
Cons
no pros
I love Benefit Cosmetics
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Chicago ilDecember 19, 2012
I absolutely love working for Benefit Cosmetics . I am only worried about job security . The management is awesome and my coworkers are lovely. I deal with alot of customer with involves being very personal.
Amazing company with great benefits and paid overnight trips.
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2012
Great pay, the possibilities for advancement are non-existent, horrible communication between AE's, HR, and freelancers.
Company pays for food, hotel, travel time, and any expenses on out of town trips.
Amazing products!!!
Pros
great environment and products
Cons
no benefits