Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Great opportunity
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2017
This was the company that got me to learn what I was capable of doing. I was able to learn how manage, train, educate, work with management, travel, and to be a great regional manager. It showed me what I loved to do.
Fun customer service, travel and product knowlage
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2017
This was a fun experience which I had the opprotunity to freelance in various places in the greater Seattle area where Benefit Cosmetics were sold. I had a sales goal at each location which was fun to challange. I met alot of people and got to travel around the city. Some sales goals were difficult to make due to lack of customers. That was the primary reason I was directed to a location was to boost sales persay or take part in a trade show.
Pros
Traveling and meeting people/product knowlage
Cons
The job security was poor
Brows
Brow Expert/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at benefits. I learned to work with kinds of brows. i was even taught how to wax, tweeze and draw in the perfect brow the client desired.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
N/a
It was great
Cast member- Side Show the Musical (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2017
Working on a dream and watching everyone's hard work payoff is beautiful. Going to Practice and helping others get better is one of the best feelings in the world.
Got out of there quick
Brow Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2017
Was really unhappy with uppermanagement. Their stress trickled down to everyone and it was very obvious.

The fact that they don't allow credit card tips affects possible income quite a bit.
Pros
Free make up
Cons
Sales goals are hard to meet in macys stores which are failing.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Good company with good benefits. Really fun products with great names and creative packaging. Fun environment to work in.
Productive & fun
Aesthetician/ Brow Expert (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Fun & Upbeat cosmetics company to work for... would've prefer Full time vs Part time. To qualify for all the perks in health benefits paid vacations & Holidays. As a part timer it isn't as beneficial to work every weekend Friday-Monday and not get full benefits.
Pros
1 hour break & gratis twice a year! Bday gift card
Cons
Part time, daily Paper work
Not the best
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 29, 2016
Made a mistake leaving an old job. Was told of full time hours. Hours are constantly being cut. No advancement. I applied for a management position with all my many years of managing and supervising, I wasn't good enough.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay and hourly cuts
Awesome Company to work for
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2016
I loved working for Benefit Cosmetics.Benefit offers great training and supports their employees . I was able to develop a great skill set,that helped me to grow my own business and help others grow.
Fun Atmosphere
Lead Sales Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 12, 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a great place to start your Esthetics career. It is very retail driven so make sure that you are comfortable with sales because that is more important than providing waxing services! Fun place to work but you work a lot and the management isn't very successful..
Pros
Walk in clientele
Cons
In the middle of a department store, no privacy for clients!
Love this company
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2016
I worked for a benefit brow bar in Ulta. I loved it. Pay was great. Management was great. And trainings were amazing. I highly recommend anyone that's into helping people and making money apply
Fun, creative, and positive place to work.
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 29, 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a fun, creative, and inspiring atmosphere in which to work. I am constantly being motivated to do better and to grow, and the company compensates its employees well. I thoroughly enjoy the interaction I have with my clients and getting to know them personally through product interaction and salon services. The most challenging aspect of my job includes thinking of innovative ways to grow our business, but I have a lot of freedom in the manner in which I can network and gain additional clientele.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work-life balance
A fun company to work for!!!
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for Benefit. You get a lot of great perks. Management is understanding and easy to work with. Clients are easy going. Really no complaints.
Pros
makeup
Cons
hours
Vibrant work environment with a fun twist
Boutique Proprietor (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 15, 2016
Benefit cosmetics takes your typical cosmetic brand it turns it on its side. A sales focused make-up and skin care brand with the addition of esthetic services, Benefit boutiques bring estheticians and make up artists together in an up beat and creative atmosphere.
Always fun & flexible
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
I love working for the company as a freelance artist, it gives me the flexibility to balance home and work life without taking up to much time from the other. As a freelance you don't get mich benefits but pay is good, and it is fun!
Free Make-up
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 14, 2016
No work life balance, unprofessional co-workers. Not a very healthy environment, to they ask a lot from you even if your producing. Free make-up is the best part.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Upbeat environment with a great pay. Working as a cosmetologist be prepared to have no life outside of work. Long work hours.
Lead Sales Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CANovember 4, 2016
The company has a fun and bright feel. The pay and gratis is a huge plus. The hours can be long for full time or lead positions. Management can make the work experience either amazing or a bit stressful. But the company has a great formula for success.
Pros
High pay, gratis, fun company
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful
A great place to learn
Retail Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2016
During my time at Benefit, I learned a lot about how to launch new products, sustaining product awareness & launching brow services in new retail environments.
really fun
Benefit Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 12, 2016
I love this job and interacting with guest on the daily basis my co-worker and manager were so supporting
Benefit is a fun company to work for and there are always opportunities to move up.
n/a
Lead Sales Aesthetician & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 28, 2016
Its a fun energetic company to work for. I loved the full body waxing and the constant movement you could make within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight