Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Great place to work that has lots of wellness extras
Customer Service Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee WISeptember 13, 2016
Professional business , a leader in its industry has a relaxed atmosphere. You are allowed to work at your own pace so efficient work can be. Hands-on and understanding management and many incentives for health and wellness.
Pros
gym, flexible schedule
I have a good work schedule
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 12, 2016
A typical work day consists of paying patient accounts out to Emergency room physicians for their service. We have production we have to meet on a daily basis and audits that need to be passed.
Pros
schedule
Cons
compensation
Competitive and fun work environoment
Freelance Make- up Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2016
Working for Benefit was awesome! If you love the brand and the products you believe in them and work becomes your play ground! Of course there are goals that need to be met and there were times that I would have to really WORK to make those goals, but that is with any brand or company that strives for the best and wants to continue to stay relevant in a very competitive market! Working with other Bebe-babes was always fun, sometimes challenging but none the less worth every minute of the experience. Best part of this job is helping women feel better about themselves and feel prettier. The gratis is pretty awesome too!
Pros
awesome gratis, meeting other bene-babes
Cons
competitive, challenging goals
Not the place to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
It is a toxic environment, french driven management.
Not too much room to grow if you are in middle level management.

Most people will not stay for more than 2 years.
The easiest hardest job I ever had.
Sales Rep/owner operator (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaMay 2, 2016
I owned the business. It was a one man independent life insurance operation. My business was based on meeting as many people in a day as possible in the area I would be working in at that time. I learned how to properly cold call and read and understand people, I also became an expert at time management. The hardest part of my job was trying to maintain my client base. For each client I lost I lost large amounts of revenue(a big negative with the insurance business). The most enjoyable part of my business was one, being the owner of my own business and two, working with people that wanted to help their families financially upon their death.
Pros
Potentially good earnings, it was my own business
Cons
Straight commission that could be lost if someone gave up their policy.
Pros and cons
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
While the general idea of benefit is to promote a "girlfriend" experience it is often a Mean Girls environment with obvious favoritism and often encourages a competitive vs team atmosphere.
Employees in equal positions are not all held accountable the same way, tips are not always paid in a timely manner and advancement is difficult.
However the base pay and product commission is Standard and the gratis program allows you to try the products which do what they say they will and are affordable to most customers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unprofessional employees, favortism
fun work environment
Benefit Brand expert (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
benefit is one of the most amazing and fun brands to work for that is out there! they sincerely believe in laughter being the best cosmetic!
Pros
great hours
Cons
growth and health care
Benefit Solutions, Inc
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAFebruary 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for. The owner and management team work together to create an environment of collaboration. They are innovative in the way they treat their employees and clients.
Pros
Friday Morning Breakfast
Cons
Angry Clients
Lots of perks! Fun environment, fast paced, and you never know what to expect
Arch Expert/ Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me setting up my work station to standard, checking the appointment book so that I am aware of my appointments and break period. During down time I call to confirm appointments for the following day, restock waxing supplies, restock products on the sales fixture, cut muslin, and traffic stop potential clients. When business picks up my objectives are to deliver a 20 minute brow service, which includes the consult, brow mapping, laying the wax, selling product, styling the brow /retouch the clients makeup and rebooking. About mid day I take my break for 1 hour and return to the fore mentioned. By the end of the night I begin gathering all my paperwork together, record my daily sales and services and clean/sanitize my area for the next day. I Spend 6 to 8 hours on feet daily, Work weekends, work until 7pm or 8pm sometimes later if busy. Like most customer service related jobs you run into a customer that is hard to please. Otherwise not a bad job, meet new people ever day, you talk a lot when educating your clients on products. Very girlie, youthful environment, retro packaging and irreverent names for products make it a fun line to work for.
Pros
Sick Pay, 1 hour breaks, Good Tips, Gratis twice a year, Surprise from the company on your birthday!
Cons
Work weekends, stand on feet all day, must be a pro at multitasking.
fun to make someone feel pretty
Santa Rosa- Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Its like a roller coaster, I love that I got a chance to explore a whole new workforce experience.I wouldn't of thought that i would like to make cosmetology as a life career.
beauty Adviser and beauty consultant.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 24, 2015
Which women doesn't love makeup not me. I loved making women more beautiful then what they're. I used to sell beauty products and beauty consolations (makeovers). We had sell goals which wasn't hard to accomplish due to my amazing sales skills. when I worked here it didn't feel like working at all. Unfortunately some people don't work well with other and want to make sales to get there bonus.
Pros
bonus
Cons
not enough hours
Great Enviroment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2015
Large Scale Company invest into 401k break down the investment amount that go into the individual accounts. Received reports on daily basic from the company and break down the total amount of the investor account.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
Productive and fun work place with a lot of make up
Beauty Advisor, March (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 14, 2015
This job was so much fun and allowed me to work on my passion, which is make up. Getting to interact with customers and help them feel better about themselves was amazing. Loved this job
great place to work but not for long-term.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and the pay was great. They expect a lot out of their employees. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and being able to get time off.
Pros
co-workers, culture, fun, room for growth
Cons
hard to get time off, no work/life balance, long days, management
very good company ,i enjoyed work for them
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
great company to work for .learn a lot from them.good and supportive management.great health insurance and great benefits.its was amazing experience.
Love work place
Beauty Artist (Former Employee) –  gilbert,azSeptember 3, 2015
Was one of my favorite places to work. Very accepting of individualities and also being able to have fun and be goofy while working. A lot of times I felt I was not working because it was fun.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Possibility to move up in company
Productive and exciting business with "out of the box" ideas.
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaJuly 23, 2015
By strategizing my days, the accountablitiy of support and ambition to drive sales, Myself, as a manager, am able to successfuly create a honest and driven business with clients and employees.
Pros
Freedom of ideas/expression, Awesome events, Support from executives, etc.
Cons
Unorganization of dates, Product replenishments, Goofy props, etc.
Fast paced, and a very productive work environment.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Working at Benefit Cosmetics was a great experience. Everybody had the same mindset - all team players and willing to work and help each other out. We definitely did help each other to advance our performance at work.

Benefit Cosmetics was a very fast paced environment, but it helped me to be very quick and efficient at my job with ease. Being at work was fun everyday - I felt like I didn't even have to try at customer service, because my job was so enjoyable and I was genuinely happy to be there with my coworkers, and also to assist every and all kinds of clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to connect with clients, and help them find exactly what they were looking for. Introducing them to new products that would also further benefit their make-up routine was also enjoyable, especially after seeing how happy they were with their new look!
Counterproductive company and wrong people in managerial/leadership roles.
Aesthetician/Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San RafaelMay 21, 2015
The only good thing that I got out of this job was meeting and interacting with customers. Salary meets the industry standard which is low already but overall experience and personal opinion of company is very negative. Definitely not good work-life balance.
Pros
Interacting with the friendly customers.
Cons
Everything else from how operations are run and managers/directors.
beauty artist/key holder
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 12, 2015
i suggestive sell product.
apply makeup to clients.
work with a team.
open and close the store.
knowing the full product line.
knowing conversion with in my store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight