Benefitfocus.com Employee Reviews in Greenville, SC

Good only for a few months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2019
This was a temp to hire job. I actually did so well and advanced to not get let go like over 100 plus people did when the open enrollment season ended. They put me in a new project within the company, I thought this was a career advancement, so I was excited and hoping to get hired on. A few months passed by and the job got really bad but I still kept with it. They told me I would be hired on and then following the next two weeks they let me go all of a sudden. A lot of people in my department got let go as well. This is a good temporary job as it is not hard but it leads to a lot of lies and false promises. This is not a stable job, even if you do your best, it is never good enough. I can't see this business lasting very long.
Pros
Easy job, flexible time
Cons
temp job, Will let you go without warning
Fantastic Team Lead and some wonderful people that work there as permenant employees .
Customer Service Specialist ( Temporary Position ) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 1, 2019
Horrible experience Training .
No organization -
No hands on learning of platform on live calls and you cannot prepare for your calls going through Power Points or Possibly Learn the system before you are thrown on the phones. It’s sink or swim. I like to know what I’m doing and understand what I am doing when I am talking to a customer .
Pros
Awesome Team Lead, Provided lunches and breakfast at times, super nice employees that work there .
Cons
Training, having to wait for Floor support for help with calls and just general disorganization !
nice place to work but misleading
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 16, 2017
I was hired on as a temp for Open Enrollment help to enroll state employees into benefits. It was under the understanding that this most likely would be a temp to hire position. Never were we led to believe our jobs would abruptly end even though several of us temps asked repeatedly if we would be let go soon ( so we could look for other employment). Instead of giving us ANY notice we left on a Friday and were called on that sunday and told don't come back your assignment is over. leaving none of us time to have another job lined up. That was quite a shock and very disappointing.

On the positive side it is a good place to work. our desks were huge. The computers are nice and programs are up to date. The phone system works well. Most calls were friendly not many upset state employees. The mgmt. for the most part were knowledgable and on the same page. They had snacks for us often and occasionally catered all free. the snack machines are very affordable as are the drink machines and you get free starbucks from the machine at work. everyone is mostly friendly there.

We all worked very hard to learn this job and do it well. Again, extremely disappointed in how they let us go.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
don't bother to work there as a temp because they won't hire you
Relaxed Atmosphere
Benefits Administrator - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2017
The Benefits Administrator position at Benefit Focus was a temporary (contract) position. The agency that assigned the job stated that they were going to hire some of the temps on permanently, but this was just a dangling carrot. The only permanent positions were either engineering or design in the Greenville office. Any benefit administrators would need to relocate to Charleston. Temps were brought in specifically for Open Enrollment only. This lasted a little over a month.

The training was beneficial and the job itself was enjoyable. But since it is a call center, breaks are kept at a minimum, under the OSHA standard.

It was a very casual atmosphere, but because so much time was spent on the phones, there is no time for work relationships. Plus the traffic into and out of Greenville is the worst anywhere. Plan on spending at least an hour drive each way because of I-85.
Pros
Free snacks & lunch is someimes provided. Very casual dress.
Cons
Limited breaks, traffic into/out of Greenville, job is temporary
Mediocre
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to start a career, not necessarily where a developer would want to end up. There is constant uncertainty on whether a specific job is safe.
Na
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2017
Type of company were co workers linked up and either you was part of the link or you wasn't. I didn't like that they did serve us different meals and as well as fruit different days of the week.
Productive and laid back place to work, Just a stepping stone, don't expect anything more
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 12, 2016
Training is descent. You're provided the basics to perform on the floor. After your first days you could take calls in your sleep. Typical day, Arrive early ready to take calls. Served lunch and snacks almost everyday. Great work environment. peaceful atmosphere. Team activities to make the place fun. Was lead on by temp agency there was a high possibility of getting hired on to find out " call volume is lower than projected" eligible for rehire in the spring
Pros
During OE lunch was always provided, encourage overtime. Peaceful work atmosphere, Stress free, Simple as Pie
Cons
Let go without notice, Was told we would return, to get a call the following SATURDAY to pick up your belongings
Best atmosphere
Benefit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 9, 2016
Great place to work had a lot of fun. Too bad it was only contract work. Laid back environment. Lots of training and availability for promotions. Great people and great environment.
Pros
Free lunches, Starbucks in the break room, basketball hoop.
Cons
No health care, contract work
Positive Place to Work
SENIOR PRODUCT PERFORMANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2012
This is a great place to work with a lot of friendly people. I enjoyed my time here. I think this company is going places.
Pros
25 cent soda in the vending machine, free lunches monthly