Benefitfocus.com Employee Reviews in North Charleston, SC

A lot of potential for the person eager to see success
Benefit Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 9, 2017
I came into the contractor position knowing that It was a temporary job that had a small POTENTIAL of becoming permanent. If you take some initiatives; like coming to work on time, finding something to keep yourself busy doing slow times and following the process you were trained, to the best of your ability then the POTENTIAL becomes real. I heard a lot of people complaining the entire time they were there and now they are surprised they are no longer a contractor? So what is the right way to let someone go ? There isn't and having been in management with the responsibility for hiring and firing,there is no easy or perfect way of letting someone go. It's difficult no matter how it's done. Can they improve on how they let large groups of people go? Absolutely, but no one was mislead and if you happen to get cut and you diid your best while you had the opportunity, then maybe another chance will come around soon. I became permanent only knowing the individuals in my training class (contrary to some other posts) it's called "Work Ethic" A great place to work and I am maximizing every opportunity presented to me.
Pros
Casusl dress, ocassional free food and snacks, free drinks and fridays (last hour of your shift)
Cons
North Charleston office could use a face lift.
Don't leave your permanent job
Benefits Administrator - Contractor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 4, 2017
It's an ok place to work if you need something temporarily. The only disadvantage to working as a contractor is you're laid off with no notice. Whoever your agency is Aerotek or JSG will call or email you at home on a Saturday to tell you the assignment is over.
friendly co workers
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2017
great working atmosphere, technology sometimes a little behind, knowledge regarding information in different platforms inconsistent, some knowledge checks are outdated,
Nice Job
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2017
I feel like i never got a chance to prove myself. They let me go within 1 month and i was doing really well! I loved the job but it is what it is i wish i could’ve stayed
Pros
Great Pay, Great People, Free Food sometimes
Cons
If you are on that 11-8 shift it sucks
Competitive, fun, but no job security
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2017
It was a nice environment, with lovely "amenities". The catch, however, was that they would raise competition by saying 10 of 45 people would make the cut and transition onto the team from the temp agency. This was misleading in most cases, being that they would end the open enrollment and cut the entire team. The selected few were picked based upon who they knew and not what was learned.
Pros
complimentary coffee/drinks
Cons
Incompetent Trainer, but you learned better together, as a team.
Great Company
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 23, 2017
Great company but growing quickly. Need better training. Many meetings and many conference calls. On the phone all day. Great culture, great perks. Recommend the company
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2017
Do not apply to this company!! They used to be a great place to work and were one of the best, but now they are nothing more than what corporate America has become. These managers don't care about you as a person. All they care about is getting their results. They treat rhe customers like royalty and the employees like dogs. Was wrongfully terminated after being harassed by women managers for months just because I wasn't part of their clique. I asked for things in writing and they refused. No chance of advancement unless you're friends with the hiring manager. All of this experience is from their service center; they have people working for them that literally do nothing all day so they make up job titles for them so it seems like they're actually doing something. People get promoted by favoritism and they get around it by saying the person didn't get a raise or job title change. Worst experience of my life. Wish I could go back and tell myself what I know now. I can't even get a new job because they've completely destroyed my character. Banned me from company property and fired me over an email. Sorry excuses for people and a company. I was one of their top performers so they're the ones who really lost out.
Pros
Free lunches during OE, free coffee/tea
Cons
Short breaks, not treated like a person, no chance of promotion or advancement
They do not care about employees
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 8, 2016
Do not work for them. You are/will be disposable. Lots of free food, but no love. The turn over is huge, no one stays long. That is because the so called "management" does not care a thing about your life or circumstances.
It's best job I've had so far
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 7, 2016
I love this job but I hate that it took them hiring on a bunch of temp workers and then letting them go with no notice in order for me to be one of the last people standing for a position. That's really my only qualm. The job comes with great benefits and is a great work environment between the culture and the job itself.
Low pay, and a general lack of transparency, attempts to cover it up with "culture"
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 17, 2016
I was brought on as a contractor for Open Enrollment for 2015. We were advised that after 6 months those of us who made it past the cuts would be brought on and would receive a significant pay raise. It took over 8 months to actually be converted to full time, and at that time the pay was SIGNIFICANTLY less than what we were told in the beginning. Along the way, break times were cut to just 15 minutes for the entire day, half of what many other companies offer. Free soda machine was implemented a few months in, but to compensate the vending machine prices of healthier options like calorie-free Vitamin Water was increased nearly 800%. Training is lackluster, you will likely be very unprepared going into it.Overall, a poor experience and I would not recommend it.
Pros
Free coffee, ping pong table, manager/team were good people
Cons
Low pay, low break times, little transparency
Sold A Dream
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 4, 2016
They lack communication among the associates and managers.

The culture is lacking and not what they state it to be upon being hired to the company.

The manner in which they conduct some business is very unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that you work with, but it doesn't tend to be a happy place to come in and work.

It is a company that is run by a bunch of children and definitely needs improvement on the culture and disconnection of higher up management and associates.
Best Place for Post-Grads
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 15, 2015
It's a clean, laid back and pretty pleasant work environment. The ease of use with in-house cloud-based software was a joy. Management, however, lacked quite a bit of experience, but knew their due diligence well enough to maintain their position there.
Pros
Free Coffee, Cheap Snacks, etc.
Cons
No Designated Breaks, Office Politics with Children, etc.
solid start up job
Benefits Administrator Contract/Consulting (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 6, 2015
laid back , solid work environment friendly people and comfortable work space. Dealing with angry customers can be frustrating but overall a good place to work
Great Place to Work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 15, 2014
Fun environment that loves to work hard and have fun. The managers are very helpful and this is a great company for a recent grad looking to get into a benefit oriented field of work.