BenefitMall Employee Reviews

Lacks strong management
PC (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 14, 2018
This was a good place to get started in the INS industry. Change in management or lack of has resulted in all levels passing the buck and not taking accountability, always looking for someone to blame. They say they promote teamwork yet members of that team will throw you under the bus given the opportunity.
people who only care about themselves
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
The employees here barely do their jobs and then get mad when they are made to do it properly.

My manager is super sweet, but she was never there to train me or teach me anything. She would notice that i needed to be trained but due to her traveling literally every other week, she wasn't able to train me.

No one works together and every one seems to have a terrible attitude.
Pros
paid money
Cons
everything
Not a positive working environment
Admin (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 3, 2018
Unless you are in with management you can expect to be treated like you do not exist. Except for the harassment dealt your way, you will be ignored belittled and discriminated against and it will be made obvious to you. It does not matter how much you have expressed you are willing to learn and advance in your position, opportunities to do so are consistently given to those that are favored by management and managements “right hand women”. There has been high turnover with employees over the past few years as well as unstable changing of hands in the executive areas making for untrustworthy working conditions.
Cons
Discrimination, harassment and hostile working environment. No room for growth
fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 25, 2018
Fast passed environment with production at 95% accuracy. The management style is something to be desired. They seem to be moving in a more SALES territory than actual Third party business
Pros
relationships with Brokers, insurance carriers
Review
Enrollment Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 21, 2018
My manager is awesome but I believe my director is a racist. I love working at BenefitMall but there’s no room for advancement. I want to soar higher in my career.
Company review
Accounts Receivables (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 3, 2018
The management rarely listens to the employees when suggestions are made or issues are brought to their attention. HR is in Dallas so there is no one on site for employees to go to for help with management or co-worker issues. Employees are expected to obtain a certain level of job performance output without any OT, sometimes setting the employee up for failure.
Pros
TRIP committee events for employees, fair pay.
Cons
Management and politics. HR not on site.
Positive and supportive work environment.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
Great working environment that has a good work/life balance. Provides benefits for employees and his/her dependents. Great company to work for. Management is very supportive and encourages advancement is career.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Expensive healthcare for dependents
Good entry level position
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Basic by-the-numbers job. Large swing depending on which location and position. Does alright by sales, but all other positions are a no-go for the job seeker
Great boss, but low pay
Conversion Data Analyst/Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Although I was a temp worker and working in a corporate environment, my rate was that of a fast food worker. I would suggest that they cut down on travel that is not necessary ( i.e video conferencing) and pay the workers a bit more.
This is the worse place I have ever worked. Management is horrible.
Broker Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2018
There is no place for advancement IF you ever get the support & training needed in your position. Management is rude & sets their employees up to fail!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
BenefitMall was great
Corporate Finance and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I worked at BenefitMall a long time ago and the company has undergone many changes in services and in management since I was there. The folks I worked with were great and I have nothing but positive things to say about the company and the management that I know.
Pros
Great boss and challenging work
Cons
Dont work there anymore
General Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Great management team. Busy industry during fourth quarter. Fast paced. Workload is very busy during fourth quarter and it is exhausting. On the flipside during the summer is a slower pace and able to take some vacation time and work shorter hours.
Pros
Group outings
Cons
long hours during fourth quarter
Growing Company
Sales Representitive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
Sales calls and partner meetings on a daily basis.

Learned about health and benefits brokers day to day business and needs.

Many changes in senior leadership.Growing pains

There are many service issues that need to be addressed.

Building relationships and finding the right solution for my clients.
Benefitmall Nightmare
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJune 26, 2018
There is no room for advancement with this company. Management is horrible . Workload is insane once the figure out you’re not one of the many lazy associates. The meetings are pointless and a waste of time , all they do is postpone the precious that could be used to assist their over schedule clients ! There are NEVER ANY MANAGERS available to readily assist on the floor when needed. They don’t distribute the workload appropriately. They give all of the hard workers the heavy workloads and let the slackers continue to be lazy. There’s even people there that literally don’t do anything but sit on their computer the entire day, when there’s more then clients to assist. The training class is a joke . We were trained by a unorganized, unprofessional “trainer”, who eventually left , but should have been fired because none of the trainees benefited from what she taught. Mind you they didn’t think to re-acess the class for additional training needs. The Director is pretty much obselete, and only talks to and interacts with the associates she chooses, UNLESS SHE needs something from you. The only good thing they did do was buy food for the associates , which is light considering what the employees have to deal with from the company. I’m really disappointed in this company because in the interview process they sell you a dream, as if you actually have room for advancement when there’s not even a slight hope. They have recently been bought out by another company and slowly looking to replace the employees they do have , with outsourced employees out of the country . My biggest regret  more... is wasting my valuable time with this company, when I could have been giving my hard work to company that truthfully appreciates it. Glad I made the decision to leave.  less
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many cons to list
Fast-paced workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 9, 2018
Work day consists of answering incoming calls regarding Payroll Services/Processing on a daily basis. Customer Service is very important as the first point of contact.
No Advancement/Poor Management
Regular Employee (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 4, 2018
Management does not get along well. My boss makes negative commments about other managers. There is no room for advancement, but even if there was my boss is afraid someone will take her position or learn more than her so she does not give much to training her employees and helping them to succeed. She also shows favortism to a certain employee in the department.There is more emphasis on employee activities than there is on higher pay, better benefits, better training, and better systems. But obviously its cheaper to increase employee activities such as playing silly games in the middle of the day than it is to have better pay/benefits, etc.
Pros
new microwaves and water machine in the breakroom
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, favortism, no advancement
All work, poor training, poor management
Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 28, 2018
Company does not have organized management and does not provide adequate training for the jobs assigned. Sweat-shop mentality at the office along with favoritism.
Great Place to work for inexperience individuals to learn
Tax Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 15, 2018
BenefiMall is great place to work for those that are starting their careers. Good people and great atmosphere. Promotions are rare due to may of those positions that are filled and not likely they will be available soon. But you can gain valuable experiences thru training and the experience of long term employees that currently work there.

You will learn to maintain a very professional environment with clients but dress in a business casual atmosphere.
Pros
Professional standards always emphasized
Cons
You must be detailed oriiented and organized
Good Company
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2018
Very good co-workers. Awesome retreats for employees. Very good supervisors. Excellent benefits. Very well training for employees and a lot of room for growth.
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
Good organization, like most jobs room for improvement. Just another regular job to pay the bills, not an actual career. Learnt a lot for the time being

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BenefitMall. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight