BenefitMall Employee Reviews

Good entry level position
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Basic by-the-numbers job. Large swing depending on which location and position. Does alright by sales, but all other positions are a no-go for the job seeker
Great boss, but low pay
Conversion Data Analyst/Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Although I was a temp worker and working in a corporate environment, my rate was that of a fast food worker. I would suggest that they cut down on travel that is not necessary ( i.e video conferencing) and pay the workers a bit more.
This is the worse place I have ever worked. Management is horrible.
Broker Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2018
There is no place for advancement IF you ever get the support & training needed in your position. Management is rude & sets their employees up to fail!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
BenefitMall was great
Corporate Finance and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I worked at BenefitMall a long time ago and the company has undergone many changes in services and in management since I was there. The folks I worked with were great and I have nothing but positive things to say about the company and the management that I know.
Pros
Great boss and challenging work
Cons
Dont work there anymore
General Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Great management team. Busy industry during fourth quarter. Fast paced. Workload is very busy during fourth quarter and it is exhausting. On the flipside during the summer is a slower pace and able to take some vacation time and work shorter hours.
Pros
Group outings
Cons
long hours during fourth quarter
Growing Company
Sales Representitive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
Sales calls and partner meetings on a daily basis.

Learned about health and benefits brokers day to day business and needs.

Many changes in senior leadership.Growing pains

There are many service issues that need to be addressed.

Building relationships and finding the right solution for my clients.
Benefitmall Nightmare
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJune 26, 2018
There is no room for advancement with this company. Management is horrible . Workload is insane once the figure out you’re not one of the many lazy associates. The meetings are pointless and a waste of time , all they do is postpone the precious that could be used to assist their over schedule clients ! There are NEVER ANY MANAGERS available to readily assist on the floor when needed. They don’t distribute the workload appropriately. They give all of the hard workers the heavy workloads and let the slackers continue to be lazy. There’s even people there that literally don’t do anything but sit on their computer the entire day, when there’s more then clients to assist. The training class is a joke . We were trained by a unorganized, unprofessional “trainer”, who eventually left , but should have been fired because none of the trainees benefited from what she taught. Mind you they didn’t think to re-acess the class for additional training needs. The Director is pretty much obselete, and only talks to and interacts with the associates she chooses, UNLESS SHE needs something from you. The only good thing they did do was buy food for the associates , which is light considering what the employees have to deal with from the company. I’m really disappointed in this company because in the interview process they sell you a dream, as if you actually have room for advancement when there’s not even a slight hope. They have recently been bought out by another company and slowly looking to replace the employees they do have , with outsourced employees out of the country . My biggest regret  more... is wasting my valuable time with this company, when I could have been giving my hard work to company that truthfully appreciates it. Glad I made the decision to leave.  less
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many cons to list
No Advancement/Poor Management
Regular Employee (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 4, 2018
Management does not get along well. My boss makes negative commments about other managers. There is no room for advancement, but even if there was my boss is afraid someone will take her position or learn more than her so she does not give much to training her employees and helping them to succeed. She also shows favortism to a certain employee in the department.There is more emphasis on employee activities than there is on higher pay, better benefits, better training, and better systems. But obviously its cheaper to increase employee activities such as playing silly games in the middle of the day than it is to have better pay/benefits, etc.
Pros
new microwaves and water machine in the breakroom
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, favortism, no advancement
All work, poor training, poor management
Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 28, 2018
Company does not have organized management and does not provide adequate training for the jobs assigned. Sweat-shop mentality at the office along with favoritism.
Great Place to work for inexperience individuals to learn
Tax Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 15, 2018
BenefiMall is great place to work for those that are starting their careers. Good people and great atmosphere. Promotions are rare due to may of those positions that are filled and not likely they will be available soon. But you can gain valuable experiences thru training and the experience of long term employees that currently work there.

You will learn to maintain a very professional environment with clients but dress in a business casual atmosphere.
Pros
Professional standards always emphasized
Cons
You must be detailed oriiented and organized
Good Company
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2018
Very good co-workers. Awesome retreats for employees. Very good supervisors. Excellent benefits. Very well training for employees and a lot of room for growth.
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
Good organization, like most jobs room for improvement. Just another regular job to pay the bills, not an actual career. Learnt a lot for the time being
Miserable People
Account Installation/Enrollment Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 1, 2018
The culture there is very dark. Almost no one is happy. Management shows heavy nepotism and mostly hires their own family members over qualified employee advancement.
Pros
Casual Dress Every Day
Cons
Nepotism
dsf
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2018
It was an okay place to work, it's payroll with small businesses. This means you have to many accounts to really be able to provide the best service possible.
Life at Benefitmall
PAYROLL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 31, 2018
BenefitMall is a good place to work.

They try their best to do right by their employees and clients.

They be a little too reactive at times, but that part of the culture is changing.
Worst Company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
Not enough staff, the little training you receive is good but it's very inconsistent. Management treats you like a child, a little bit of respect goes a long way. The idiotic rules, no cell phone usage at your desk, should be kept in a drawer, can't eat at your desk, can't enter the office until a certain time and when you do you can't go anywhere but the break room (which is tiny). You can enter the working area 10 minutes before your scheduled shift, morning huddles that are meant to discuss business related topics. Half the time they don't have anything to say. Must check out with your manager before you leave the office, 1 person per team can take a day off. The work hours are 830-530, so you basically have no life. You work a lot of overtime and it's mandatory and it includes weekends. The amount of staff for the amount of work you do does not make any sense. Every holiday seems to be blacked out so you can't take any extended time off for the week. They black out the entire month of December and January.
Pros
The company as a whole trys to do nice things to appreciate you.
Cons
Leadership is controlling and they don't treat people like adults
Sr.Management is Archaic and hostile.
payroll (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Very poor management. Most of the upper management cannot speak English or write it properly without assistance.

Micromanage everything and everyone

Management is a clicque . They don't speak to you if you are not high enough on the pay scale. Managment has their pets who they treat better than others.

Very toxic work environment. Managers are permanent fixtures, they all have been there for 15 years or more
Cons
hours and managment h
Great Place to Work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJanuary 22, 2018
I went to work for Benefitmall through a Temp Agency on a month to month temp assignment, which lasted one year. They asked me to stay on as a full time employee with their company, which I so graciously excepted.
Great team to join in benefit & payroll sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 14, 2018
I joined Benefitmall more than five years ago. I was immediately impressed by how many people worked their whole career in the organization. The company is a large entity with strong long-term investments. However, the company also has the positives of a small-business feel at a local level. The employees are very dedicated, team players
Good group of people to work with
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 29, 2017
I enjoyed most all of the people I worked with here. We kept busy with clients and pitched in together to get things handled. I had some good Managers over the years I was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BenefitMall. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight