Benhaven Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
it was fun
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJanuary 8, 2018
fun place to work, liked the people I worked with the training was great. I would recommend this company to other people. I enjoyed my time with them.
Great people
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 1, 2018
Laid back environment as a driver. Great management. Great pay for what's expected of you. They pay for you to get your "V" endorsement for driving and also pay for you to attend bi-annual driver review classes at their facility with a DMV employee.
Journey not the destination
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 8, 2017
Benhaven is great for someone pursuing their degree. It gives you experience working with adolescents with Autism, using ABA techniques, and providing academic support. Daily work was easy, it was basically baby sitting. Can be frustrating because effort to change problem behaviors go nowhere. Advancement is nonexistent. When I left for a higher paying job, my manager was nasty and unprofessional.
Pros
Short days, decent pay
Cons
No room for growth
A quality care agency for those already in the field to advance
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTOctober 28, 2017
I worked for several care agencies in the area, and this one was one of the most professional and well organized of the bunch. I felt confident that I was supported and that my work was actually being tracked/monitored to the benefit of my clients. I felt supported and appreciated by my supervisor, and also the families I worked with.
do not work here
Residential Advocate and TA (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 19, 2016
Do not work here for a place that should thrive on ensuring their employees are comfortable and able to voice concerns due to the nature of the job, they do the complete opposite. There are a lot of clicks and even if you are being harassed or treated unfairly there is no one to go to because everyone is protected since they all began working there at the same time and they would rather fire you than make changes. Do not work in the residential services or in the group homes, you will not move up, you will be working hours as long as 23 in a row without a break. It is not worth your time and energy since you will get paid nothing for your efforts.
great job
Direct Support Staff (Residential) (Current Employee) –  north haven ctMarch 16, 2016
It a very comfortable and friendly environment to work in and the very caring for there clients and love to know how there employee doing on a daily basis
Pros
caring for other
Cons
winter
Very well organized and attentive to client care
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 30, 2015
A tightly run ship that has an emphasis on communication and continuous review of quality. Very accommodating to client, family, and staff.
Fun work environment, Great community intergration
Individual Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 30, 2015
My second full time job since college and I enjoy the freedom of structuring programs. Great 1 to 1 ratio when serving special needs population.
Pros
Free activities
Cons
use personal vehicle
Great work experience
Individual Aide/Mentor (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 8, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. Very positive experience. Learned a lot about autism, very humbling experience. Would love to work with them again.
Overall
Entry level Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 14, 2014
Benhaven is a great place to work. I love the Home I am assigned to individuals are fun to work with day to day. All of the staff there have been there over 10 years,so they are like a family. The only downside is there is no room to move up and wont be any time soon.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
no room for future advancement
Working with students with special needs is a very challenging and gratifying .
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 3, 2014
I loved working with the students at BenHaven. Some had no families and needed special attention. I would love to take one or two home with me at times and that was good for them. They would get use to being around other people and learn to trust.
Pros
hard work
Cons
getting to attached.