Benihana Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced environment to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 14, 2018
Great customer service and company. A great place to learn skills in culinary. If you need skills in butchering and greeting customers with your talent is cooking this is the job for you.
Productive & active workplace
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
I was only hired on a temporary basis at Benihana. I was asked to join full time after 60 days but I planned on relocating back to my home state to be closer to my family. The office was located in the North Miami Beach area. Absolutely stunning view. I thrive off natural light so I was always ready to go to work. Coffee was always available. Staff was friendly. The building is very secure, parking always available. If there was a office in NC, I'd relocate to work there again.
Easy job if you like to cook
Hibachi Chef (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 7, 2018
I worked there for 2 yers it was a easy job for me to work the only thing i didnt like is they pick and choose who to let in at night one night somedays they close early and some days depending on who the customers are they let in 2 minuets prior to closing time
Pros
Free lunch equal employment company
Cons
Some chefs never went through training so one bad apple reflectsbon everybody
Japanese restaurant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FLJuly 6, 2018
Even with bartending experience, there is still alot to learn considering the Japanese spirits and Sake that is not traditional in most other bars. The tip out procedures are undesirable, or at least WERE.
Pros
High sales
Cons
Disorganized
N/a
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2018
work was very stressful, pay was barely enough to live off of, management never cared about employees, long work days with only an hour break. lcation falling apart.
active workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 30, 2018
active workplace always have something to do and maintains a postive culture throughout all years working here. Good business and make good money during shifts
tip out is ridiculous
Sever (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 30, 2018
Chefs get tipped out regardless, so they don't really care to work with the server. Busboys also get tipped out regardless. More work then its worth you can make more money working somewhere with less tip outs.
its a great place to meet new people from different cultures
Teppanyaki Chef (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
tips are cool but they cut out percentage on amount we receive so it's all bad now. We also just had all of our management team fired due to stealing money so we really don't have a full management team yet
Pros
free lunches, tips, decent pay rate
Cons
i need a little more money, they play favoritism racial based
great
Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 25, 2018
I worked for beihana for a long time and they treated me as if I was family. I worked the hours i wanted and they were understanding of me finishing school
Busy fast paced based environment
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2018
Restaurant is constantly busy, and there is always something to keep you busy. Teamwork is always pushed to insure the best service for customers. Smiles, neat uniforms, and great attitudes play a big part in this restaurant. The only way this job could be hard is if you aren't in the right mindset. I personally enjoyed working with everyone there. my coworkers were always full of energy, kind, and respectful.
Busy busy busy
Host (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 15, 2018
This company was great to work for, they provided free lunch. Very fast pace and stressful but time passed by quickly. Management has changed since I left.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Stressful, dealing with customer complaints
Fast paced, friendly work environment
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 7, 2018
This is a great place to work if you like to always be busy and have a people personality. You can make really good money if you are on your A game. I highly recommend a position here.
Waste
Server (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 7, 2018
The customers are okay . The biggest issue is management , they are rude and dont care about u at all personally . I was called a liar when i find out i was expecting and treated poorly they yell at you and make their mistakes your mistakes. Splitting my tips with the chef was ridiculous they get a big percent of what u make in tips and if customers dont tip you are screwed.
Pros
Half off food
No Thanks
Server (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 6, 2018
I'm sure that there are other Benihana locations that are amazing and give their staff as good of an experience as their guests receive. But my MN location was not one of those locations. The manager were crazy rude in too many ways to count. You don't matter to them even if you're busting it to keep them afloat.
I enjoyed my work there.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
It's a tough management environment: high standards, lots of staff, intense accountability for profitability. But when you have a good crew, it all clicks.
Pros
Free staff lunches, more great people than not-so-great people.
Cons
High standards, unrelenting corporate, lots of hours for management.
Good Fast paced place to work.
Bar and Server manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Benihana. It was challenging fun and always new items every month for the customers. Im glad Benihana built a new restaurant in Boca Raton. it should do very well at the location.
Pros
Family Meals
Cons
Need more positive feedback.
Not very busy location
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMay 25, 2018
Tip share for servers and bartenders is large and required. Some days servers would have to pay to work there. ALso there were a lot of servers ,making off well
you split tips, always running out of product.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 24, 2018
not the best environment, managers always quitting. you have to split your tips in half with chefs on top of high percentage to bar sushi chef and bussers.
Pros
hot schedules
Cons
too many to list
Challenging and fun work place
Chef (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 21, 2018
Depending on the day and location can be a very fast paced job. Very fun and competitive type of work. If you’re good at entertaining and cooking a chef position will be perfect.
Fun and worth the money
Server (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2018
Benihana is a great place to work. Compared dto other serving jobs the side work is pretty minimum. The pay will add up especially with the hours put in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benihana. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight