Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews

bad-all lies and tricks to make it look awesome but it's not
Customer Service Representative - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJJune 24, 2018
If you like working in a place where management encourages a cut-throat environment for promotion so you can't trust anyone or afford to make a single mistake with no real room for advancement- they say there is but they just move you from one dept to another doing basically the same thing then this is the job for you. they lure you in with a free PAID lunch hour (45min). this does sound great but it's just so that anything you do or say during that paid lunch time you are held accountable for including you can be called back to your desk during tht time. Everything that sounds great about the opportunity is just lies.
Cultura aziendale e salario
Socio contabibilità clienti (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 22, 2018
Lo stile di gestione era molto rilassato, ma l'azienda era molto ben gestito. I dipendenti sono stati incoraggiati ad essere indipendenti, cercando di trovare soluzioni ai problemi prima di chiedere la gestione per l'assistenza. Ai dipendenti è stata data molta responsabilità e autorità per risolvere i problemi. La cultura dell'azienda era molto tranquillo e l'ambiente di lavoro era piacevole. Gestione consentito orari di lavoro flessibili. D'importanza, l'azienda era molto generosa in termini di stipendio, benefici e indennità.
Pros
Pranzi gratuiti tutti i giorni.
Custom Colors Paint & Decorating
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 16, 2018
Family business. Management needs work. Could be very successful if investments were made. Very close knit staff and friendly environment for the most part.
A great place to grow
Warehouse Associate-Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 13, 2018
I gained most of my skills and great experience in this field from Benjamin Moore. I was able to be trained and grow as a person and employee throughout the years. They saw my potential and encouraged my growth throughout the company, including into a management position.
Management is disconnected from field teams
Western Regional Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 12, 2018
Benjamin Moore has a great product and HQ management is following the core goals. However, middle management is very disconnected from what is done by the field teams in sales, product management, and marketing.
Pros
Strong corporate management
Cons
Weak regional management
Great enviroment
Credit Administrator, temp. (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 12, 2018
I was a temp here for almost 2 years. Everyone was very friendly and inclusive. I found the culture here to be a positive experience. I am sorry that I was not hired perm.
i'm glad i worked there
mixer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 4, 2018
i was laid off in an attempted restructure and relocation of manufacturing. the milford facility wasn't able to expand to meet demands of new products; however, i toured the johnstown NY facility and didn't take the generous relocation package because that place was generally depressing and i thought they did things in an inefficient manner, i was able to produce more volume by the way milford operated. managers were good and i liked the way they tiered their raises based on time there, even though i never got to really enjoy it due to the recession. i was given 3 months notice of my layoff and even more paid time off to compensate with a generous separation package, and offers to relocate. after being laid off i received calls offering my job back 6 12 and 18 months after, which hindsight i kind of regret not taking, but at the same time idk how much job security i'd feel from a company that had already laid me off once. the company preferred to hire from within and there was a good hope for advancement and learning new skills. benefits were good but seemed like they were ever-shrinking
Pros
well managed, room for advancement, bonus, good benefits, pleasant layoff
Cons
uncertain future, limited facilities, ever-shrinking benefits
Things have changed
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 31, 2018
Working for Benjamin Moore has been both great and challenging due to direct management. Working with great people or co workers whom have great work ethic is and will always be amazing. Things have changed and those are my concerns as management doesn’t care about sales reps
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Management afraid to upset large dealers in anyway
BM is a great company to work for
Customer Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 30, 2018
Great people, great products and a great mission what more could you want? Leadership tries to give us all of the tools we need to support our dealers, end-users and their clients.
Nice people
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJMarch 13, 2018
I had enjoyed the time I worked there. I worked with a number of great people and learned a lot. I learned a lot about the business and was able to develop my analytical skills.
Pros
Small shop
Cons
Location was too remote
Great work culture
Project Manager / Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 22, 2018
Awesome place to work for, if you are lucky enough to work with the "Retail Services" team. This group of co-workers did their best to integrate my contract position into a collaborative, contributing member of a branding experience for Benjamin Moore Paints.
Pros
Discounted lunch program
Cons
Headquarters is in Montvale NJ an hour away from where I live
Good co-workers, poor management
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJFebruary 13, 2018
Management cannot take advice or criticism for a better work experience.

Great Environment and Culture
Brand Marketing (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 12, 2018
I will have to say that I have been to many companies and this has been by far the best environment and culture that I have been able to experience. The people that I work with are great.
Good
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 23, 2018
It is a great company to work for but in my department you can talk until your throat is on the floor. S far I kind of like it. the food is great, and we have free lunchThis was a temporary job, but the company is small, and a relaxed work environment. If you are looking for a small niche market company, them BM is for you
Customer Experience Representative
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJJanuary 20, 2018
This was a great first job out of college. I gained a lot of experience, and took on many responsibilities. I also was trained to back up other departments if need be. I worked on several projects to improve daily processes. While this company provides a lot of opportunities to learn new things, there is not a lot of room for advancement/promotion. Along with this thought, the pay is way lower than most jobs with similar responsibilities. Benefits are great, vacation time is very generous, lunch is free for employees. Management tends to be unprofessional and careless at times. Management lacks the push to help employees further their career. It's a shame there is not more room for growth, because Benjamin Moore is a great company to work for.
Productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2018
It's was a good place to work. The store itself wasn't always busy but we did always have allot of deliveries. That's what I did, the deliveries were usually easy but at times it would have been much help to have someone with me for some of the heavier deliveries. The starting pay wasn't bad and the hours didn't interfere with my personal life.
Pros
Easy environment
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare
Micro managed as field sales representative
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Southern CTJanuary 2, 2018
Professional account management is critical to the success of Benjamin Moore's distribution of their paint products. They only distribute through the independent paint dealers but operate with a greater and greater disconnect from the owners and they require sales reps to be end user selling 60+% of their time. If a salesman has a large number of retailers to manage it becomes two full time jobs with at least a full day's time off road to complete reporting. The retailers and end user contact become the best part of the job as the supporting of sales management needs impede these relationships with subjectivity instead of direct results. The company should return to the practice of full time end user selling along with retailer management and account selling and a stronger marketing message to millennials.
Pros
Store owner personalities and free lunches
Cons
Micro management becoming more important than the selling relationships.
Working Sunday night thru Friday morning
Mixing Lead 3rd shift (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALJanuary 1, 2018
A shift is 11pm to 730am, I have to go in at 1030pm. I like some of my employees that I work with, the leads on the other shifts are some of the best leads that I have worked with. Upper management is ok, of course being on 3rd shift we don't see much of them. This job has great benefits, the pay is good. Just like any job it has it good and bad.
Pros
Benefits, and pay
Cons
For me, 3rd shift and long drive to work
Outside Industrial & Chemical Coatings Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 13, 2017
Excellent company and people to work with, if it wasn’t for cancer I would still be there. I truly miss all my co-workers and accounts, great people on both sides of the operation!
Pros
Many
Cons
Very Few
Enjoyed the customer base
Home Fashions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the service given to retail homeowners & contractors that were in need of making the right choices of products for their homes.

The hardest part of the job would be a retail customer that was just so overwhelmed with decisions that had to be made in color choices for their home in less then 24 hrs, bringing in no photos of their space , expecting all homes look the same .

The most enjoyable part was having a customer so very pleased with the outcome of their project, referring friends & family to me over the past 16 years employed.

I have nothing but praise for all employee's & supervisors I worked with over the years. We pulled together as a team, when help was needed in different areas of our job descriptions.
Pros
Always learning, enjoyable atmosphere-
Cons
Store Supervisors should have more input in hiring process, not HR who never deal with Customer Service.