Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews

Territory Representative
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  CT / NYFebruary 10, 2019
Unrealistic goals to reach. territories too large. Manager was a bad manager with no skills in leading the team. Manager would rather punish employees rather than help them grow. Great product but its too bad manager in this market has been actually been aloud to stay with company.
I enjoyed the job.
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 26, 2019
Unfortunately the local store was bought out- and I lost my position. It was a good first job during and out of high school, as well as for awhile during tough times during college and after.
Pros
Honest first job.
Cons
Sad when the business was sold.
Great place to work after you've done everything else (unless you want to do sales)
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJJanuary 19, 2019
Ben Moore is not a bad place to work, and as long as you're interest in sales, advancement opportunities are pretty high and even encouraged!

Corporate is split into two separate offices in two different cities, and making the jump from customer-facing to behind-the-scenes has gotten harder and harder as the years have gone by. If you are in the customer information center, the only way to advance is through the sales ladder, which is great if that's what you want to do!

If sales isn't your thing, you don't really have a shot moving anywhere unless you happen to also be a scientist. If you want a bi-monthly, slightly over minimum wage paycheck, and don't mind stress or answering phones, you'll do well here.
Pros
free lunch (for permanent employees), discounts, healthcare, dental, vision, great coworkers
Cons
communication discrepancies, high-stress, little breathing time except breaks
Medium size business.
Employee (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 2, 2019
Medium size business with the advantages and disadvantages of a company this size. Management works toward improving the business processes to meet contemporary standards.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJDecember 2, 2018
Great place to work when the economy is good, the previous CEO wasn't so great though. I hear things are much better there now which is great. Lots of very good people work there.
Great company
STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 20, 2018
Retrieving driver manifest, bill of ladings, tractor/trailer reports from the day before. Separating drivers papers and entering the data into the data base.
Pros
Great company
Good place to work. hard to advance
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJNovember 1, 2018
I enjoy working for Benjamin Moore. Just wished they valued the hard workers more. I wish they had a career plan for their employees. I also wish they didn't promote certain people that didn't deserve it.
Pros
good people, safe place to work
Cons
Hard to be promoted
Great people
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 18, 2018
Great manager with great benefits and work life balance. A great team of people to work with. The best paint in the paint industry. Great training programs.
Pros
Great manager.
Cons
Advancement
Very slow paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 30, 2018
A typical day here would consist of taking orders, mixing paint, and maybe making a delivery or bank run. It is an extremely slow paced environment- definitely not for everyone.
bad-all lies and tricks to make it look awesome but it's not
Customer Service Representative - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJJune 24, 2018
If you like working in a place where management encourages a cut-throat environment for promotion so you can't trust anyone or afford to make a single mistake with no real room for advancement- they say there is but they just move you from one dept to another doing basically the same thing then this is the job for you. they lure you in with a free PAID lunch hour (45min). this does sound great but it's just so that anything you do or say during that paid lunch time you are held accountable for including you can be called back to your desk during tht time. Everything that sounds great about the opportunity is just lies.
Cultura aziendale e salario
Socio contabibilità clienti (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 22, 2018
Lo stile di gestione era molto rilassato, ma l'azienda era molto ben gestito. I dipendenti sono stati incoraggiati ad essere indipendenti, cercando di trovare soluzioni ai problemi prima di chiedere la gestione per l'assistenza. Ai dipendenti è stata data molta responsabilità e autorità per risolvere i problemi. La cultura dell'azienda era molto tranquillo e l'ambiente di lavoro era piacevole. Gestione consentito orari di lavoro flessibili. D'importanza, l'azienda era molto generosa in termini di stipendio, benefici e indennità.
Pros
Pranzi gratuiti tutti i giorni.
Custom Colors Paint & Decorating
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 16, 2018
Family business. Management needs work. Could be very successful if investments were made. Very close knit staff and friendly environment for the most part.
A great place to grow
Warehouse Associate-Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 13, 2018
I gained most of my skills and great experience in this field from Benjamin Moore. I was able to be trained and grow as a person and employee throughout the years. They saw my potential and encouraged my growth throughout the company, including into a management position.
Management is disconnected from field teams
Western Regional Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 12, 2018
Benjamin Moore has a great product and HQ management is following the core goals. However, middle management is very disconnected from what is done by the field teams in sales, product management, and marketing.
Pros
Strong corporate management
Cons
Weak regional management
Great enviroment
Credit Administrator, temp. (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 12, 2018
I was a temp here for almost 2 years. Everyone was very friendly and inclusive. I found the culture here to be a positive experience. I am sorry that I was not hired perm.
i'm glad i worked there
mixer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 4, 2018
i was laid off in an attempted restructure and relocation of manufacturing. the milford facility wasn't able to expand to meet demands of new products; however, i toured the johnstown NY facility and didn't take the generous relocation package because that place was generally depressing and i thought they did things in an inefficient manner, i was able to produce more volume by the way milford operated. managers were good and i liked the way they tiered their raises based on time there, even though i never got to really enjoy it due to the recession. i was given 3 months notice of my layoff and even more paid time off to compensate with a generous separation package, and offers to relocate. after being laid off i received calls offering my job back 6 12 and 18 months after, which hindsight i kind of regret not taking, but at the same time idk how much job security i'd feel from a company that had already laid me off once. the company preferred to hire from within and there was a good hope for advancement and learning new skills. benefits were good but seemed like they were ever-shrinking
Pros
well managed, room for advancement, bonus, good benefits, pleasant layoff
Cons
uncertain future, limited facilities, ever-shrinking benefits
Things have changed
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 31, 2018
Working for Benjamin Moore has been both great and challenging due to direct management. Working with great people or co workers whom have great work ethic is and will always be amazing. Things have changed and those are my concerns as management doesn’t care about sales reps
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Management afraid to upset large dealers in anyway
BM is a great company to work for
Customer Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 30, 2018
Great people, great products and a great mission what more could you want? Leadership tries to give us all of the tools we need to support our dealers, end-users and their clients.
Nice people
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJMarch 13, 2018
I had enjoyed the time I worked there. I worked with a number of great people and learned a lot. I learned a lot about the business and was able to develop my analytical skills.
Pros
Small shop
Cons
Location was too remote
Great work culture
Project Manager / Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 22, 2018
Awesome place to work for, if you are lucky enough to work with the "Retail Services" team. This group of co-workers did their best to integrate my contract position into a collaborative, contributing member of a branding experience for Benjamin Moore Paints.
Pros
Discounted lunch program
Cons
Headquarters is in Montvale NJ an hour away from where I live

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benjamin Moore. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight