Benjamin Moore
61Average

Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews

United States172 reviews
Good Mid Sized Company
As all companies Ben Moore has it's pluses and minuses. Overall I was quite happy working here and hope to be called back since I was furloughed due to the economic fallout of the epidemic
Solid Place to Work
Benjamin Moore was a great place to work. They really prioritize the culture and everyone embraces helping one another.

It is a pretty flat organization so don't expect a lot of career advancement.
great place to work
I can truly say I've learned a while working there... Great place and people to work with. There was some bumps in the road but over all great place to work. It wasn't hard work and you felt good about the finished product you put out..
Great opportunity
They taught me many useful things and helped me every step of the way. My departure was unfortunate I would have loved to stay and learn more, I highly suggest
Great atmosphere
Grab Rf scanner, walkie , order. Once you do all of that you grab a empty pallet, and then you start picking your order. In the the order your scanner tell you
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Ayuda mucho a poder establecer relación con los clientes por primera vez
Management can’t be trusted
It is hard to further a career when so much is handled behind closed doors. There is no transparency between corporate, management,and shift leaders. A culture change is needed in this company to include better communication and an understanding of what is good for day to day business. I would strongly consider the effects of negative leadership before accepting any position of leadership.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Good company culture, Free lunch, relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunity to grow within the company.Great Brand, collaborative environment, free lunch, improving workspaces.
Benjamin Moore
Typical day at work consists of playing catch up. Bossman holds no one accountable so it feels like a lot of firefighting. 12 hour shifts no lunch breaks. Employees love to do whatever they please. This makes for a frustrating work environment at times. I have learned patience and to encourage others to do what is right.
Easygoing competitive workplace with family oriented owners
I learned a lot about different sales strategies and different ways to handle customer situations, it was a very different experience then my first job but it was a very enjoyable time working there
Good company
Smaller in scale of paint manufacturers of paint, Benjamin Moore has great people and some good management. Benefits and bonus opportunities are great. It all depends if you like what you do.
A bad place to to work
They don't want to pay you but want to give you a schedule that works for the owner and the store supervisor I never have felt like I belong here this company treats some employees like there children
Fast paced but good environment
Pleasant people to work with.
Many senior employees that are ready and willing to help with problems that do arise. Good salary and benefits to start.
Not a good fit
Lack of management support is common at BM. Long days and lots of travel was my position. Lack of products makes selling high performance coatings hard without complete paint systems.
Dealing with independent paint stores and contractors. Working closely with paint stores to support them in their day to day operations and strengthen their core business.
Warehouse
I liked the job. I wanted to try something else that that could be a challenge. They give chances to new rookies. They are very understandable in many ways.
Pros
Treated each other like family
Cons
Overtime
I was a temporary associate the supervisors were pretty good the facility manager sucked
Upon arriving at Benjamin Moore they had just received a new facilities manager. They was not a team they had a us against the new manager type situation.
The management needs to get re-trained and learn how to speak to employees without giving them an attitude or making the employee feel like a fool for asking questions.
Hardest part of the job was constantly being short staffed and not hiring anyone new to help pick up the slack
My review
Great place to work conditions are tough in summertime. They take care of there employees. The one negative is no room for advancement. All top positions held by guys who been there many years.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
No advancement
Very nice workplace
Benjamin Moore was a great company to work for job opportunities was available promotions was available chances to move up in advance to different departments was available safety was the number one priority also courteous number one priority Also Benjamin Moore and I were opportunities to transfer it to different locations also launch in brace was sufficient three shifts was available and enjoy my time there as a temp.
Pros
Lunch dinner refreshments as available and warm days
Cons
Lunch dinner refreshments as available and warm days
Productive and decently growing company with a promising future.
Productive and decently growing company with a promising future.

Management is great. Seasoned management employee.

Workplace culture is just like any other place.

You get discounted paint for friends and relative.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benjamin Moore. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight