Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great place to grow
Warehouse Associate-Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 13, 2018
I gained most of my skills and great experience in this field from Benjamin Moore. I was able to be trained and grow as a person and employee throughout the years. They saw my potential and encouraged my growth throughout the company, including into a management position.
Good
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 23, 2018
It is a great company to work for but in my department you can talk until your throat is on the floor. S far I kind of like it. the food is great, and we have free lunchThis was a temporary job, but the company is small, and a relaxed work environment. If you are looking for a small niche market company, them BM is for you
Productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2018
It's was a good place to work. The store itself wasn't always busy but we did always have allot of deliveries. That's what I did, the deliveries were usually easy but at times it would have been much help to have someone with me for some of the heavier deliveries. The starting pay wasn't bad and the hours didn't interfere with my personal life.
Pros
Easy environment
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare
Outside Industrial & Chemical Coatings Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 13, 2017
Excellent company and people to work with, if it wasn’t for cancer I would still be there. I truly miss all my co-workers and accounts, great people on both sides of the operation!
Pros
Many
Cons
Very Few
Enjoyed the customer base
Home Fashions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the service given to retail homeowners & contractors that were in need of making the right choices of products for their homes.

The hardest part of the job would be a retail customer that was just so overwhelmed with decisions that had to be made in color choices for their home in less then 24 hrs, bringing in no photos of their space , expecting all homes look the same .

The most enjoyable part was having a customer so very pleased with the outcome of their project, referring friends & family to me over the past 16 years employed.

I have nothing but praise for all employee's & supervisors I worked with over the years. We pulled together as a team, when help was needed in different areas of our job descriptions.
Pros
Always learning, enjoyable atmosphere-
Cons
Store Supervisors should have more input in hiring process, not HR who never deal with Customer Service.
Not a bad place to work
Lead Filling Department (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALDecember 12, 2017
The management team were not on the same page. Bad information passed to employees on daily basic. Good employees on the floor willing to go the extra mile on a daily basic.
Pros
Over All good plae to work
Cons
Upper Management need improvement
Don't waste your time...
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 14, 2017
Managers there playing GOD..Keep only 3-4 employees so they can split any bonuses given throughout the year. Turnover rate is terrible, the employees that are there are just waiting for a call. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone...
Summary
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  MAOctober 11, 2017
On a typical day at work I would run machines to fill gallons of paint, make sure the machine ran properly and that all inventory was appropriately examined. Nothing new was learned unless a machine broke down, in which I knew how to take care of and fix.
this is a great company but it could had been better with better management
Bilingual Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Pros
benefit, food, lunch and break
Cons
talking a lot
It was a temp job
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 30, 2017
A great place to work
Protect Line (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALAugust 9, 2017
I came to work everyday. It was a very quick paced job. It was a good atmosphere to work in. My fellow employees were great to work with.I wish the job was more than temporary.
A place were most people are good to work with
mixer/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Make paint in 6000gal - 150gal tanks and portables
Gather materials needed to make paint
Restock materials
Transfer batches
Management was the second worst that I ever worked
Workplace culture was some people can do whatever they want
Doing work that people did not want to do for over 5yrs
Started my career as a BO developer in Software Limited
SAP BO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moore, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Started my career as a BO developer in Sonata Software. for about an year learned many new things and developed few of the reports based on the client requirement.
Productive and fast pace work enviornment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 31, 2016
Start the day making coffee for the customers who come in early.
Fill colorant in all the machines, check stock is in designated area, inspect all company vehicles, open ware house bay doors, check inventory, and make sure no debris is on the floor.
I enjoy working for this company because I keep myself steadily busy; I also enjoy helping the customers with their questions/concerns. The hardest part of this job is when days are hectic and customers tend to become inpatient, but we do our best to strive for excellence with each and every customer.
Pros
Every other Friday we are treated for lunch.
Cons
One break throughout the entire day.
Stifling. No opportunity for advancement.
Minion (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 9, 2016
Stick in the past. Legacy employees throughout. Entire staff is middle-aged to old. Senior Management is dishonest. HR is useless. Middle managers are scapegoats. No loyalty or appreciation shown towards employees.
Pros
Free lunch.
excellent job
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALSeptember 14, 2016
typical day at work go in pull formulas to make the paint management was awesome really loved this job the best part of the job was learning how to make paint and what all was actually in paint
Benjamin Moore
Customs Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 13, 2016
Awesome place to work. Looking for a change right now. The ability to use the talents I have. Manager doesn't challenge me and I feel as though I am stuck.
Pros
Ceo
Cons
Being hourly instead of salary
Good job, poor management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 13, 2016
The work is easy & simple to process, the management is unstable, all over the place, can't stick to a routine that works, insists on changing things daily.
A wolf in sheeps clothing
Shader (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 4, 2016
Everything seems great when you start. Good benefits, good pay, not bad hrs. Very dependent on new hires to work very hard, yet shows a lot of favoritism to select individuals. Honestly, seems more like high school in the way its managed by shift leads, upper management is excellent though. There is too much of the blame game between all shifts. In actuality only the shift leads are unprofessional with the exception of the first shift lead. Co workers are very friendly and knowledgeable and most work as a team with others. I enjoyed my job as a shader. The job duties, depending on what your hired as, are challenging with a very strong attention to detail and very little room for error, which I loved. If the shift leads were more professional and adult like, it would be an excellent place to work.
Pros
excellent benefits and pay rate
Cons
Shift leads need to be more educated, and act a lot more professional
We call it Modern Slavery.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 25, 2016
Newark plant the worst place to work, new, youngs and inexperienced management run a modern slavery factory.
They only care about the daily numbers.
People worth nothing, easy replacements.
Pros
Still good people there.