Bennett Motor Express Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive adventurous place to work
Driver/ Contractor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 16, 2018
driving commercial vehicles state wide meeting and seeing people doing a daily log book . making check calls, doing pre-trips inspections on your vehicle. Going where you what to go hardest part of the job getting your own way home. enjoyed driving
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Great company, good pay with great employees. The enviroment wasn't stressful it was a relaxed job great for a college student that was taking online classes.
job was slow
Safety Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Job was slow. I was working there thru a staffing agency company. I was let go because the job got slow. I was working there for one month only. I did learn quite a few things being there only for one month.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
job was slow
Fast paced
Forklift Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 12, 2018
loading and unloading trucks, making loads for drivers and trying to figure out the pay for semi-truck drivers. Calling customers to make sure loads made it to there destination on time, making sure drivers are on time and no problems
Pros
Enjoyed working there
No Pressure Work
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 14, 2018
You are not forced to take any loads. You have to work at the least once per month to stay employed. I started off delivering RVs then I bought a couple of trucks and began hauling travel trailers. I enjoyed the freedom of the road.
Pros
Self Paced Work
Cons
Unk
Good Place to work
Assistant to Gary Keller, Contractor (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work was dealing with customers
How to handle dealing with management
Hardest part of job being away from family
Traveling and seeing the country was the best
decent
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 30, 2018
Upper management is very unethical and corrupt! Bennett's "Christian" core values only apply to those who party, play golf, and goes on vacations with the owner and executives. They have a good public image but the company is truly run by people who possess some backwoods mentality. What do you expect? They are located in a heck town called McDonough, GA.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Very fast paced, we had to orientate drivers on legal issues.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 3, 2018
A very much a family company. Everyone in management had an open door policy. You could walk into any office and discuss anything with managers. We were treated very good! They would cater Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner to our cafeateria. As a whole the work environment was stressful at times, slow at others. There was always something to do. I helped out in different departments when I could. The hardest part was teaching new drivers all the legals they needed to run their trucks thru different states. I had to prepare a booklet on their legals based on where they would drive to, by state. I enjoyed working with my team members and managers, and the President. They were very open to new ideas to make all run smoother.
Pros
Good job security and benefits, liked my co-workers
Cons
Very stressful at times! But had the advantage to walk away for a few minutes.
nice place and peaceful too
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 22, 2017
It a good working place you are out over the road and if something happen you can count on support from Bennett they are always there I will recommend other
Retiree job
Driver (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 4, 2017
This is not a job for a family man you must provide your own equipment an take all risks for very little reward how ever great way to see the country
Excellent Company
Straight Truck Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 26, 2017
Bennett is an amazing company to work with. Either CDL or NON CDL drivers positions with either Winnebago or Intrnational trucks. The attomosphre is professional and well worth the travel from NH to OH. A great experience for a temporary contract job.
Pros
Excellent training, excellent company
Cons
Distance of travel to and from drop off requires air flights and cabs
good company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 2, 2017
Good company to work for in some terminals they need to get there ducks in a row and stop flying by the set of there pants. The corporate office in GA is very helpful with there drivers and they care about them as well.
Pros
good fright
Cons
people don't pay attention
I love the job, not so much who i work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 8, 2017
Try it, I did and loved it.. it's a job that will take you all over the country, but you don't get no benefits. And these at the end of the year are hard.
Pros
You get to see the country
Cons
Your away from home a lot..
Productive, stressful
Heavy Haul Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 7, 2017
Begin daily at 7:30 with staff meeting, other meetings throughout the day. On a average of 850 emails a day, with questions and assistance with internal and external customers. Numerous phone
calls, with 6 line phone call and cell calls. Day ends at 6pm
Pros
Company been in business for 40 years
Cons
Long hours and 24 contact
Office work
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 22, 2017
In this job I was and intern for a manager so I would print papers, put together packets, logged in orders for motor homes, and assisted drivers that would need my help. I learned to be very thorough with the paperwork I out together and learned better computer skills. This job helped me with knowing how an office setting was like and how to make sure my manager had everything they asked for. The hardest part for me was everydays task was usually the same and the best part was being able to better my computer skills.
Pros
computer skills
Cons
similar days
Awsome place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 10, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Owner is a down to earth and wonderful person. Staff is great. Enjoyable place to work. Family oriented and want you to have family time.
Pros
Very enjoyable place to work
Cons
Nothing i can think of
Enjoyed my Job
Fleet Manager Load Planner (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 8, 2017
Management eats their young and they have a big turn over .
Dependable Carrier and great Agents represent the company. They want bigger numbers but stay at a same process and high turn over.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
long hours expensive health care
Keep looking
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Freight is cheap. By the time they take their cut your left with no meat on the bone. I hate to leave. They have been a good company for a long time but I guess things change. Love the people but you can't pay the bills with kindness
Pros
The bennett employees are awesome
Cons
Freight rates and freight in general. Well lack of.
I Love them
Contract Drive Away Driver (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA 30253January 29, 2017
Love this company I had a chance to travel all over the U.S. I had a chance to meet a lot of people in the Truck selling business
Pros
Travel
Cons
some of the pick up locations are in rual areas and hard to find
Stay away.
Former Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Illinois Canyon, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Stay away from this company. They have nothing but cheap rates for there flatbed's out of the St.Louis area if they have any freight at all.
Pros
Management is alright
Cons
Cheap frieght