Bennington College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTApril 3, 2018
Management at Bennington College was horrendous. To say the least there was a lack of management. There compliance to update computer programs was horrible. We were running an outdated custom built 1986 dos program for our billing system that had to be programmed each year and crossed over to an access program to run properly. The last two years of my stay were the most stressful years; other years were not as bad.
Great Experience
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTMarch 25, 2018
Great experience. Learned about collaboration, higher-ed, marketing and communications. Learned about non-profit work and digital communications, which will be key for any future job.
Fantastic work Place
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTDecember 13, 2017
Bennington is by far the best environment I have ever worked in, it has changed the way I feel about a 9-5 job and what it means. I would highly recommend working here in any position.
Fine Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTSeptember 27, 2017
A challenging and interesting place to work with a wide variety of people and professional interactions possible on a daily basis. Nice physical setting as well.
Pros
Lovely setting
Cons
Poor compensation
Great working Environment!
Community Outreach Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTSeptember 18, 2017
Excellent Staff with tons of room to grow and create! Extremely welcoming and warm place. Beautiful campus leads to a beautiful place to work and everyone has a great work ethic!
Fun place to work at with great people to work with
Counter Person and Prep-Cook (Former Employee) –  Bennington County, VTJanuary 25, 2017
I started out as a counter person. My job as the counter person incuded brewing regualr and decafe coffee, filling the ice machine, making sure the soda machine was full, make and maintain the spa waters, fill the cereal and milk, make sure that there is hot water and tea, stock and maintain the bread and bagel station, stock open and close the deli and yougurt bar, keep all counter areas clean.

Prep-cook. My job as a prep-cook included helping the cooks get ready for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, help chopp veggies and greens for the salad bar, chop and prepair for the sautee station for that nights dinner, prep the veggies and meats for the omelet bar on the weekend. I also ran the omelet and sautee stations.
Pros
Breakfast lunch and dinner was included when you worked, you got 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute break
Cons
you had to be union to get any benifits
fun and productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTJune 27, 2016
cleaned student housing , dust and polished furniture and equipment , sweep scrub,wax and polished floors disinfect equipment
The Best Environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTApril 16, 2014
The students and instructors at Bennington College are committed to honoring creativity, intellectual curiosity, and holistic developments of skills and knowledge.
Good occupation for those who are serious about campus security
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at work is very repetitive. This would be a great job for those who are not bothered by no change at all and serious about making this profession a life long career. There are times where we are responding to medicals but on average it is very steady with some alcohol and drug issues.

They have great benefits and a decent community. The students at times are very polite and courteous. After working at a previous college in the past, I believe many students here really do not know the consequences of drinking enormous amounts of alcohol and doing drugs. But most college students don't I suppose.
Pros
Good benefits, okay pay for the area, nice and respectful faculty and staff
Cons
very little ability to move up in the office, could be paid a little better, need to work on better staff selection, not consistent with rules and regulations in and outside the office
Stable environment with Beautiful surroundings
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTApril 3, 2012
Work days were consistent and people were great to work with.The management kept us up to date with inservices that were fun and educational.Coworkers always believed in teamwork, even people from other departments.The hardest part of the job was setting up and breaking down areas for the multitude of groups that visited.The campus is beautiful and coworkers were good people who became friends after knowing them.I would definately want to work there again if I returned to the area.
Pros
food was great and the people were all friendly