Benteler Automotive Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good workplace good people
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 30, 2018
i would recommend benteler automotive because its a really helpful job and not stressful at all. its fast paced but you get used to it like any other. the pay is good, the only struggle i have is the noise level but you get used to it.
Too stressful
Welder (Current Employee) –  GrMay 26, 2018
Operating machines and repair welding. Learned a lot from 1 line coordinator. How to rehome some of the robots. How to fix some stuff on the fixtures.
Benteler Automotive has no structure or boundaries.
Inspector/Packer & Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, MIMay 23, 2018
Benteler Automotive shows a lot of favoritism among employees. There's no structure or boundaries, meaning you never knew what was going to happen on a daily basis or what department you were going to be in. There's no leadship.So glad I left.
People are not so nice
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 14, 2018
The people there are the worst . try to get each other in trouble . it's like working with kids . its a very hot job. If you can't take the heat . then don't apply
Pros
Good money
Cons
Don't get breaks all the time
Benteler automotive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, MIMay 6, 2018
Benteler is not a good company to work for long term they do not care about there people at all they are only disposable.There management is incompetent for the most part.
Loved my experience at Benteler!
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2018
Great team environment and I was able to make necessary decisions independently with the trust of my Manager. I was really able to create a good work/life balance!
Decent place to work
Maintenance Operator (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, MIMay 1, 2018
It's a nice place to work friendly workers sometimes you will have to work 10 or 12 hour days they offer a lot of overtime you might have to work 6 or 7 days a week
Stressful environment poor management
Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INApril 17, 2018
People were always quitting due to poor management and rude managers. The stress placed on people to be perfect without help or input from management is terrible.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Worked almost every weekend, poor management
fast pace, stressful
Line Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2018
Benteler allowed me to raise my children financially. Benteler is a very stressful, fast pace job. Lots of standing, and lots of wear and tear on the body. Management is very strict.
Pros
pay
Cons
hard labor
Decent pay. Poor management. No room to advance.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 7, 2018
Pay was decent. You are mandatory to work 6 to 7 days a week every week. Management is terrible. I’ve never seen so many people pointing their fingers but you see no true results. I enjoyed most of my co-workers but most are bottom of the barrel type of people. Management treats their employees bad (no lie). There’s not much room for advancement. (Unless you know someone or you’re uncle is a manager). I’d say unless you’re absolutely desperate then consider this job. But I’d continue your job search else where if I we’re you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management. No room for advancement.
producktive and easy
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 4, 2018
its a good place to work great benefits people are great to get info about the company mangers are understanding flexible great to talk to machines are easy once you get the hang of it
A productive , competive and fast paste work place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2018
The weeks were sometimes long because of 10 and 12 hour days the work was back breaking fast paste with a lot of light lifting but the money was good .
Pros
Celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas
Cons
Tireing
good
Robotic Welder (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 29, 2018
good employee worked hard for the job title. loved the employed there well worth the long hours there. kinda was family friendly but had a hard time getting days off
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
short breaks
Management sucked unsafe work condiitioms
Transfer Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 29, 2018
I was sexually harassed on a daily basis. Went to my supervisor and complained he did nothing about it. Went to HR they said not my problem. Plant manager did nothing about it. They bypassed safety features for production. Had workers work through fires by just telling them to put on a mask. Not a good place if you have a family. Had an injury that needed medical attention and was told just to go back to work.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Worker morals management hours
Great starting job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 26, 2018
This job is a really good job and great people and has a lot of nice supervision. Give you a long weekend once a month some over time. Only down side is far away for people in Greenville.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Too far of a drive
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 21, 2018
Overall Benteler was a good place to work. The days flew by and I missed work if I had a 2 day weekend. The break room had vending machines, satellite tv, an ATM & computers. The building was secured with RFID scanners on the doors
Pros
Good knowledge base, fast-paced, well-stocked
Cons
Very cut-throat, mismanaged (except maintenance department)
Not a bad place to work
Grade 5 welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 8, 2018
The people you see on the floor with you are great but upper management doesn't seem to care much about the workers only there numbers. Still pay and benefits are much higher them most other companies
Weak management, low morale
Operator (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, MIMarch 6, 2018
Our management staff is very weak and two-faced. There is much gossip and favoritism amongst managers and team leaders. Double standards are, sadly, the norm.
There is very much an "Us vs. Them" attitude when it comes to salaried vs. hourly employees. HR is very unhelpful and unapproachable.
Communication is horrible and when you need an answer, you get different answers from different people for the same question.
The biggest lines currently running will all be gone by June of next year with very little coming in to fill the gaps. There will be many layoffs within the next year.
Pros
Pay is good for the work that is done.
Cons
Lack of communication, If you are a good worker you will be expected to pick up the slack for the people that aren't.
good money thats it
Structures department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 4, 2018
good money , not worth being treated like a dog at work. poor management don't stand by what they say. very low encouragement to better the place. they will lie right to your face.
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2018
Benteler was the great compagny in Grand Rapidd with the good paid, I learned how to controle robot, operated with machine, differents kinds of pieces of motors,It was so funning