BERG PIPE Employee Reviews

Stressful environment, good pay got laid off often
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 6, 2019
Steps for environment due to working in the hot sun on steel pipes very large in nature. But the pay was good. Another downfall is that layoffs are coming
Pros
Pay
Cons
Layoffs
April 22, 2019

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts. We are glad to hear you were satisfied with your pay when you were with us. To address some of your concerns- we recognize the temperatures in the summer can cause for hot working conditions. Our managers and team leaders however do an excellent job on focusing on maintaining safe working temperature especially during the hot and cold months. In the past years we have had few scheduled maintenance shutdowns. During this brief time when production is down, is it necessary to focus on repairing and preserving our machines and equipment in order to meet our overall objective – to produce high quality pipe. We anticipate even more job opportunities coming soon should you consider us in the future.

Loved my Job at Berg
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 14, 2018
Loved my job at Berg. I would still be there if life had went differently. Berg taught how to manage people and the work ethic I currently use today. Great people to work with. I would definitely work at Berg again if given the opportunity.
January 10, 2019

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how we're doing, and we are happy to provide a company culture that is supportive and learning environment.

Management was not skilled at all and did not work well with women
Storeroom Attendant/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 28, 2018
Supervisor and purchasing agent pick and choose who will get fired by lying to HR. Supervisor and purchasing agent also did things behind upper managements backs.
Pros
Certain employees should not be able to work there because of the secrecy going on
Cons
Paid well
December 13, 2018

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts. Of course, we would like to address this issue with you. If there is any way you could reach out to our HR Department, their door is always open, and they would appreciate hearing from you! We are always working on improving management styles throughout the mill, but we have to have feedback to do so! Thanks again, and we are happy that you enjoyed the pay while you were working here.

Hard working, fast paced mill with great pay benifits
Team Leader, Spiral Forming Machine (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 3, 2018
If you don't like to sit behind a desk and you like to get your hands dirty then this is the place for you. The work is tough and dirty but the pay is very competitive.
October 15, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review! Don't get us wrong, we do offer desk jobs as well. We provide an all-around robust employment experience with plenty of opportunities for anyone to work the way that best suits them! Thanks for your hard work and dedication to Berg Pipe!

Good/Competitive Place to Work
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Berg is a fair place to work and offers competitive pay for the area. The general atmosphere is good and you know whats expected of you daily. Management is fair and Berg offers opportunity for internal growth.
Pros
Paid lunch, incentive, profit sharing, and good health benefits.
September 12, 2018

We value our employees and aim to give back to employees for their hard work and dedication to Berg through profit sharing, great benefits, competitive pay, and promoting from within, among other benefits. We are happy you enjoy your time at Berg Pipe and hope you continue having a great experience with our company. Thank you for your review!

Great place to work, great people to work with
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Berg Pipe is a wonderful company to work for and here there are so many ways to grow and excel. The people are always positive, smiling, and willing to help. And compared to other companies, Berg has excellent benefits and generous paid time off.
Pros
Low turnover
September 5, 2018

We really appreciate your feedback. We are known for our excellent benefits and generous paid time off, as well as our competitive pay. We do often have long hours, especially in certain departments, but we also promote a positive, helpful environment to aid in reducing the workload. Thank you for letting us know how we're doing!

I love it
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 4, 2018
I love working here. There are great people tonwork with and there is never a dull moment. I would not trade this job for the world. There is lots of work and the future looks good. The work is great and is face pace.
September 5, 2018

We are a fast-paced environment, and we are very happy that you enjoy working at Berg Pipe. We do promote from within, and try to work with everyone on the things they are best at, so everyone continues moving forward and towards success. Thanks for letting us know how we're doing, and we hope you continue enjoying your time at Berg Pipe.

Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 31, 2018
This company really cares about its employees and the community around it. Upper management tries to create an environment in which employees are encouraged to use the skills they have and learn new ones in an effort to promote from within. Solid company that will do all it can for its employees. Truly a great place to work and retire from.
Pros
Employee events and activities outside of work. Paid lunches.
September 4, 2018

We really do care about our employees and celebrate our communities! We are also committed to bringing dedicated employees to the spotlight and letting them know we appreciate their hard work by promoting from within and holding community events. Thanks for letting us know how we're doing, and we are happy you are enjoying working at Berg Pipe.

Great pay and benefits
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 27, 2018
I was previously skeptical of working here since it is steel mfg, and I had previously worked in that type of environment. However, it is considerably different here. It isn't as dirty, or high stress as my previous employer. The employees here are very supportive, and willing to share knowledge and train. They make sure you have what you need to do your job. On top of that, the pay is very good and benefits are outstanding!
Pros
People, pay, and benefits
August 28, 2018

Thanks for reviewing us! We are happy you are enjoying working at Berg Pipe, and hope you plan to stick around. Berg Pipe is a unique manufacturing company: we pride ourselves on and avidly promote a supportive working environment. From your first day of training to your third year on, you’ll hear echoed the ideology of teamwork, especially when it comes to safety and technical support. We hope you continue enjoy working for Berg Pipe!

Proud to say I work at Berg
Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 23, 2018
Berg is a great place to work. They have amazing benefits, job stability, and are very employee oriented. I love that care what the employees want to do within the company so tailored advancement is available.
Pros
Benefits, events, employees, pride in our product
Cons
While rewarded there is a lot of work at times
August 28, 2018

Thank you for letting us know how we’re doing! It’s great that you’re enjoying your time with the company, and we are thankful that we have the opportunity to offer these incentives to employees. We are also happy that you brought up tailored advancement, as I believe that’s a great way to define one of the ways we try to reward employees. We notice those who work hard and are dedicated to the company, and when we have a new opening or the ability to train employees in a part of the company that both we and the employee see as more fulfilling for the employee, we do so! This has helped us place some of our best employees, ensure they’d like to stick around, and is part of what makes Berg Pipe unique. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to Berg Pipe, and we hope you continue to have a rewarding experience with us.

God job to many bosses not enuff workers kind of job
Inspector I (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 6, 2018
Just stay working 've ready to change what you are doing at a drop of a hat . Work like a dog and hollered at short lunches and a lot of safety issues
August 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Safety is important to us, so we do tend to have many rules when it comes to safety. That keeps you and other employees safe while working for the company.
We do have a productive team, and one that is flexible—able to go where they are most needed when they are needed.
I’m sorry you didn’t have the best experience with Berg Pipe, but am glad your overall experience was good! Thank you for your hard work while working with Berg Pipe.

Everyone there was polite
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work just didn't have the position for my trade i was supposed to hire in as an electrician but was put in shipping rebuilding railcars.
July 30, 2018

Thanks for coming in, and for providing feedback on your experience with us! We are happy you found a place with us, even if we didn't have your preferred position available at the time of your employment. It's also great to hear that everyone was polite! We aim to provide a welcoming company culture, so it's good to know we are providing new and current employees with that experience.

unfair to long term employees
Support Operator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 8, 2018
I use to love to get up and be to work a berg,then over the years ,well the office started to fall and a lot of great workers started to depart ,no contracts
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
long layoffs
July 13, 2018

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing! We are unsure what you mean by ‘the office started to fall’. Our goal is to make Berg a great and compelling place to work, and for our employees to feel more excited to be here every day. If you are interested in sharing your concerns, please see your HR office and we’d love to talk to you about this issue. We do appreciate your feedback and commitment to Berg. We hope to hear from you!

At times it was fun, but hard work.
Blast Operator (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 12, 2018
The job at Berg steel is a very dangerous and physical job, but I am very safety concious, and stayed aware of my reaction and all other employees in my area.
Pros
With overtime you could earn a good living.
Cons
Hiring procedure is unethical, and constant layoffs.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We work very hard to maintain our safety goals, and are glad to hear that our employees do the same. We are also happy that you recognize the overall pay and benefit advantages associated with work at Berg Steel Pipe.
We are concerned as to why you feel the hiring procedure is unethical and would love to speak with you about this directly. It would be a great favor to us if you could contact our HR team directly so that we could discuss further. We understand your concern regarding layoffs. Berg is a cyclical manufacturing company which may occasionally experience lack of work. While the possibility of layoffs is a looming menace for any manufacturing organization, we do strive to keep this risk at bay as much as we can and mitigate as much of the impact to employees as we can.

it was ok
Mill Worker (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 23, 2018
ok if you are young. I was only a temp and the whole process of getting hired permanant wasn't all that fair I thought. If you have plenty of time in life to work up over 20 years it is ok.
July 9, 2018

We do have lots of employees who have been with us for decades, and have made Berg their career. Some have been with us since the beginning, over 30 years ago. While we do have a large number of these employees, we also have a large number who, while new to us, they are not new to a career. We hate hearing you are concerned about the hiring process to become a full time Berg employee and would love to speak with you. Please reach out to HR so that we can discuss this with you. Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Berg Steel Pipe!

Lots of work hours but laid back environment
Temporary Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 12, 2018
get lots of hours but the work place was laid back. Decent pay. Supervisors were understanding. Hard to get a permanent position.
Hardest part of the job was training somebody else to do the work.
Pros
Relaxed environment. decent hours
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We especially love hearing that our supervisors were understanding! We strive to have an environment that people want to come to work at. We work hard to have a competitive salary for our employees and are glad this is something that you appreciated. Thank you for your hard work, and letting us know how we are doing!

Disrespect
FINAL BENCH INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 4, 2017
The plant manager talks to people on the production floor as if they were a peasant. Blaming every single thing on them, Other than that pretty solid all around place for contract work as long as orders are coming in.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for letting us know there may be a problem. Our HR department would love to hear more about this issue, to resolve any problems that may be occurring. We are glad you are enjoying working at Berg otherwise!

Ok job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 9, 2017
Pros good pay good managers everybody worked together as a team and we got the job done
Cons working contracts off for long periods at a time good for someone who doesn't have a family to support
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that your experience overall seems to be pleasant. We strive for that teamwork amongst all of our employees and we are especially glad to see that you are able to experience that.
We understand your concern regarding layoffs. Berg is a cyclical manufacturing company which may occasionally experience lack of work. While the possibility of layoffs is a looming menace for any manufacturing organization, we do strive to keep this risk at bay as much as we can and mitigate as much of the impact to employees as possible.

ut work and machine work
Ultra Sonic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 25, 2017
I learned something I thought I could never learn and about other opportunities available out there and that when you are trained for a job no matter what it is you can do it and enjoy knowing that you did it and did it right
Pros
was in a position to learn more
Cons
time rushed
July 9, 2018

We like to think of Berg as a great place to learn, and we are glad you had a good experience learning from us! Thank you for your input and your contribution to our success while you were employed with us.

Berg
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 6, 2017
Berg is a good job if you want to work. there is some money to be made if you want to like I said work. but I have been recently disappointed by Berg due to the fact of no contracts. I busted My butt as a temp to get hired on and now we are laid off for total of 8 months in 2017. I understand it is a contract company but they are turning down small contracts to save for more profit. they will and have lost some good workers. but overall it is a great place to work when we work.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We value when our employees get involved in our process, and letting us know how we are doing is a big part of that. We appreciate that you think Berg Steel has great pay! While a career at Berg can be hard work, we appreciate the energy and effort, pride and dedication each one of our employees put into their performance. It is because of this hard work and dedication that we have been able to provide such a high-quality product, foster a collaborative atmosphere, and provide an environment in which great leadership tends to stick around. While the possibility of lay-offs is a looming menace for any manufacturing organization, we do strive to keep this risk at bay as much as we can!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BERG PIPE. Our community is ready to answer.