Bergelectric Employee Reviews

Company does not get enough work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2018
Currently company don't have enough work for all its worker, requiring employees to sit at home or travel for work to other states or town. Pay is fair. Benefits are good. Management is mediocre. Just lacking work in Home town
Fun environment
ACCOUNTING AND BILLING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 27, 2018
Excellent place to work and a fun environment. Good benefits and flexible hours. Advancement opportunities within the company available. Honest and excellent management.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Overworked employees
Amazing workplace
Unindentured Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 25, 2018
If i didnt have to move i would still work there freindly enviroment, they actually will stop everything just to teach you something and teach you how to do it the right way and the fastest
Challenging and productive
Project Manager/Superintendent, NTS Tel-Data (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2018
Berg electric is a challenging company to work for. It would be correct to say the term skeleton crew was invented when it comes to the operation side of the house.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Overworked, sink or swim leadership
Team Players, Driven
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Berg Electric is a great company to work. They different type of construction. Government facilities, health care, multi-family, data centers, commercial and solar arrays. Company provides excellent benefits.
Awesome Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2018
Had I not had to leave Berg 4 years ago to move across country, I would still be with them. Leaving Berg was the biggest Con decision I had to make.

Great people, interesting job as Project Coordinator.
Pros
7-5 M-t, 8-12 dressdown Friday's
Cons
I had to depart
tough company
Service Division Foreman (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 12, 2018
overall the company is hard to work for no one backs you up with anything there. makes it difficult to work in that space. They have the greatest benefits for there guys though.
It was okay
2nd year Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 5, 2018
Its been so long that i just remember exactly what they were about I know I've met so many people at this company that I still ru in to them here and there
Worst job I ever had
Foreman (Former Employee) –  HostpitalAugust 16, 2018
Foreman and management provided very little direction on the job, always very hard to find tools, materials and prints, and poor attitude toward new employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many to fit here
Productive workplace
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2018
Great company I would stay with the company if they were able to transfer me a lot of hands on good wages and great benefits I would recommend working for them
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No paid vacations
Construction
Worker (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVJuly 6, 2018
It was like any other construction job, one day you have a job and the next you don't. For the type of work that I was doing overall I had a great experience, on occasion you had a few bad apples with bad attitudes but overall it wasn't that bad.
was ok
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 29, 2018
a typical day would be moving between electrical and low voltage.there is a lot of cleaning. one cool thing is when i went through there was assistance with tools through the company.
Fast Paced and Stressful
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 24, 2018
Bergelectric is as good a company as any. Employees are treated well and trained properly for the electrical field. Hours are not always guaranteed and long commutes are needed quick often.
It was a good place to work.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 17, 2018
Good place to work. I liked it. However
They dont give you raises as promised. Company modo should be "work with what you have" instead of safty first.

Foremans need stronger communication skills. They lack respect towards others.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Most foremans talk down to you.
good spot but you're just a number
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 11, 2018
they teach a lot of good habits. get good at one task and you'll get stuck on it for a while (i.e. underground, material handling, wire pulling, etc). will mass hire for big jobs then lay off a bunch after completion.
great worker
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2018
it was great place to learn alot from my co worker and foreman the foreman let you run work if you show them if you are a good leader and follow directiion
Pros
great company
Cons
long drive to La from bakersfield everyday
Local branch was great! Board was short sighted and not open to outside ideas
Corp Accounts Executive National Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 1, 2018
Berglelectric Denver was a awesome place to work. The local staff and managers were good people and acted like a team. Unfortunately I was Corporate and the intention of the board and the overall feeling was poor. I was hired to build a division that was doomed from day one. They dissolved groups that were key to my success and they were closed to new ideas that would have allowed me to expand the division with minimal financial impact to the company. I saw my dismissal coming but could still not believe it when it happened.
Pros
Good people in the field and the office (in Denver)
Cons
board unfamiliar with construction practices, ignorance of the manpower shortage affecting the trade.
Worst company
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2018
Was hired on with a for sure two year job, let me go before my 3 month review because there was no more work, then to find out they gave me a 2 dollar pay cut WITHOUT acknowledging me about it, and been trying to get a hold of hr and they don’t have one apparently what I was told because it’s complicated situation in my city for HR? Just a bunch of horrible management since they kept telling us to sit around there’s no work right now yet now they are blaming the journeyman and apprentice for being back tracked? If you want to be taken advantage of and pretty much work for free this is your company.
Electrical Apprentice
Commercial Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 2, 2018
I was an apprentice at the VA hospital in Denver and loved my job. The only reason I left here was that the project was shut down due to lack of federal funding.
Love it there.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 17, 2018
When they come back to town I hope I get a call. I'll be back in a flash... Good foreman.had parts and tools I needed.But the best thing to me was I learned new technics that I can take to my new jobs.. Thank's Berg..
Pros
Gave me every thing to complete my tasks ...
Cons
The general contractor on the job..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bergelectric. Our community is ready to answer.