Berger Health System Employee Reviews

PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 9, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and kind. They're willing to work with you on any problems that you have regarding workers or your own schedule if need be..
employee (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 27, 2018
A few of the management staff are a joke. They do not take their employees serious. They do not try to help unless you throw a big ordeal. If you are low on the pole they make you feel like scum!
Pros
Free clinic for employees and family
Cons
health insurance cost, management staff, rude nurses
Good but could always improve.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 6, 2018
The hardest part of the job is watching someone pass away and knowing you can't do anything about it and that you can't do anything to stop it. It's painful but part of the job.
Not enough employees in central scheduling
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  1180 n. Pickaway stMay 24, 2018
I hated working by myself, which happened a lot. I'm doing a 4 person job by myself. I've told management we needed more people and it never happened in the 3 years I was there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Taking overtime away, not enough help, never got a lunch break
Productive Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 19, 2018
Worked in the Out patient lab. Order entry, identify patient, maintain patient confidentially. Perform venipuncture, capillary puncture and EKG. Label specimen and transport specimen according to handling protocol.
Management was helpful with problems/issues.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients. I love being with the patients and helping.
Pros
location
Cons
small facility
Mediocre
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 13, 2017
A lot of room for growth with friendly staff, poor pay. Awesome work environment, and friendly environment. Great field of work but very unorganized environment.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
Terrible management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 5, 2017
Berger health partners has the worst management I've ever dealt with. Expectations are not set. Boss is never around, has no idea what you do daily, and has no idea what they are doing themselves, physicians do no respect the management, so that tells you something. Things are changed without employee input. Hard workers are penalized and slackers get by. Micromanaging, poor environment. Don't recommend.
Cons
Poor management
Staff Nurse, Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OH 43113October 31, 2017
I enjoyed the time I worked at Berger. The unit manager was a pleasure to work with. The inpatient nursing unit had an overall good spirit of teamwork.
Productive and Fun work place
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 10, 2017
I work with a lot of easy going women and men. It is a great company to work for. I'm just looking for something more challenging. I would like to find a job in a pharmacy where I can put my experience to use.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not challenging enough
Radiologic Technologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 16, 2017
This was a great place to work, but sometimes the higher up management was difficult. The coworkers were great, smart, and competent most of the time.
Coorespondence Clerk (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OH 43113August 24, 2016
Productive. I liked staying busy. I liked my fellow employees. I liked giving customer service. Patients were nice. I did not mind changes in the work place.
A good company to work for
Staff RN ICU (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 6, 2016
Berger Health system is a wonderful place to work. Its small enough to feel like the employee is part of a large family. They encourage additional education and constantly introduces new updated clinical information.
Pros
smaller hospital
Awesome coworkers!
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 23, 2015
Nice place to learn and work very happy here. Everyone is extremely helpful and knowledgable here. Great training program and staff!
fun and enjoyable place to work
Program Support Assistant - Hospice (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 22, 2015
Working night shift always created an interesting set of events. We were an 8 bed ICU and a 20 bed neuro step down unit. We got a great mix of patients from stroke, seizure, brain or back surgery, to the general medical patient. Our team was put together by one of the best unit managers I have ever met! She always kept up with what was going on with every staff member, encouraged us to go do things together outside of work and maintain our friendships. The most enjoyable thing was seeing the face of that patient when they walked for the first time after a bad accident and didn't think they would again. The hardest part of working here was when our unit manager retired.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
acuity didn't always match staffing
A great environment to work in.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 27, 2014
A great atmosphere to work in. Although this was only a six week externship experience for my adult education class, I would enjoy working here.
Good Place to Work
MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Good place to work. A great group of people to work with. They work around your schedule to provide a good work and family balance.
Great small town hospital
Lead Microbiology and Blood Bank Technician (Current Employee) –  Circleville , ohioApril 13, 2013
If you're looking for a small tight nit group of people to grow and work with this is your place. Everyone works as a generalist and rotate through different departments through the week. For being small the hospital offers innovative technology and utilizes modern laboratory techniques.
Pros
ohio pension retirement
Cons
small laboratory, not a lot of "odd" results, a lot of medicare patients
Committed to paient care
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 1, 2012
This job is a very busy, detail oriented job. You must use patient identifiers at all times, insuring patient information and keeping all things confidential. The management and co-workers are very good to work with. The hardest part of this job is when a family member is angry, you must always remember they are under alot of stress and try to be as kind and helpful as you can. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are helping people.