Bering Straits Native Corporation Employee Reviews

Extreme lack of planning by corporate and local management
irrigation tech (Former Employee) –  Lakeweood,ColoradoFebruary 22, 2019
Terrible management,super expensive health insurance,only care about lining the shareholders pockets,could care less if they did a good job as long as the government sent corporate their monthly check.
Pros
Cons
see review
Avoid this place!
Detention officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2019
This is contracted position. The pay is high but you give up alot to have this job. You start off part time and will put in more that full time hours and will not receive any benefits. Management, co-workers, and supervisors are all disgruntled. You will have no life working here. The pay and treatment is not worth it. AVOID AT ALL COST!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Worst job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJanuary 20, 2019
If you like being micro managed this is the place for you. If you enjoy popularity contest, back stabbing, you have always fit in with the cool kids, go for it. There some great people doing great things but the culture is toxic. If a certain group does not approve of you they will do anything to push you out to include making false allogations to supervisors. Its a political mine field. The pay is great however and the benes great, but dont be lured in...the place was an unprofessional joke. Im not even putting the correct job title or location for a real fear of reprisal. DON'T DO IT!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Political mine field
Nice place to work with good benefits.
Purchasing Manager, Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 14, 2018
I had a good experience with Bering Straits. They allowed me to express my opinion where it mattered. I love to multi task and I was able to take on all of the additional jobs I wanted. They encouraged me to learn new things and take what I learned to teach others. Their benefits were great. I was very happy there.
Productive and fun work place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 7, 2018
Excellant company to work for, strong team work, great benefits, the Executive team works directly with you to insure quality business completion on projects.
Productive and friendly workplace
Payroll/Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 27, 2018
Worked mostly payroll. Would finish early and switch to filing. Easy workload and enjoyable. Coworkers were friendly and quick to offer help if needed.
Pros
Comfy work chair, delicious free coffee, good pay
Cons
quickly would run out of things to do
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 10, 2018
bering straights native corp is a good company to work for except there is no pay scale for future raises. lots of room for promotion i dont know what else to say
The worst place I've ever worked
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 7, 2018
The worst place I've ever worked The warehouse is micromanaged by people who believe you are disposable and will get rid of you if they want to order it is beneficial to them
Productive and fun workplace
Temporary Program Officer (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKNovember 6, 2017
Bering Straits Foundation was a wonderful place to work and network between the Anchorage and Nome headquarters.
They were great staff and the students were awesome to help.
I enjoyed working with the other corporation education departments as well.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not full time or permanent
Busy Accounting Department
Accountant (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 13, 2017
I was involved with assisting the newly hired Payroll Supervisor, busy with daily general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, reports, and was trained to do payroll processes as well. Other duties when assigned were done.
Easy non stressful job
Force Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay Naval Submarine Support Base, GASeptember 29, 2017
Training was simple, job is 98% dealing with the public. This however is a contracted job so every few years you can find yourself working for a new owner..
Pros
Easy job, not stressful, can be fast paced depending on the shift worked
Cons
Weather
Avoid Working in Anc Payroll
Payroll Technician II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2017
Horrible, toxic micro management in payroll dept of Anc office. Avoid at all costs...worst job of my life and I am pretty thick-skinned. No training, you get treated horribly, talked down on and horrible morale
Pros
Growing company with lots of great potential around the corner
Cons
Payroll manager
Good way to get on your feet
Grounds Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJune 20, 2017
Good way to get on your feet. Nice people. Safety is a biggie here. Coworkers look after one another. Good opportunity to learn new things. Overall go
Former employee: EPC staff is HORRIBLE yes staff if they dont like you well you have a huge target micro management Supervisors dont care and union su
Officer Detention (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 17, 2017
Nothing to say good about it micro management the company cares about management not the officer they will use you and work you union is HORRIBLE on call Alot.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else including Employees
interesting job, great coworkers
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2017
Like all jobs, there were good aspects and bad. Most enjoyable was figuring out what went wrong with a contract and fixing it. Benefits and salary were reasonable. Opportunities for advancement were limited.
Busy work office
Business Extern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 9, 2017
I had the opportunity to sit at front desk and take all incoming calls. Assisted all departments with tasks and completed them with very little supervision. The thing I enjoyed was, keeping busy through out the day. I did not like having nothing to do so I would go around asking if there is anything anyone needed assisting with.
Pros
Convienence electronic vending machine for snacks and lunch.
Nice workplace building
Supervisor / Radio Operations (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKMay 10, 2016
It was an amazing experience getting to work with Shell and learn about their research founded in our oceans, the starting pay was great, the hours were very flexible, and after the first season, I was promoted to the supervisor. It was a pleasure to work with my shareholder company and give back to our community
Pros
great boss, flexible schedules, amazing building, meeting new people
Cons
re directing the Shell vessels and the subsistance boaters
Co-workers are awesome people.
Accounts Payable Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 11, 2014
BSNC is a fast growing Native Corporation with many changes and many growing pains. Their expectations for a short staffed Accounts Payable Dept is very demanding. The deadlines have been shortened and so has respect for each other.
Most co-workers are awesome and supportive and we get along well at work and not at work. The hardest part is going to work and getting everything done and not leave anything out. The hardest part is not taking anything personal. The most enjoyable part is a great group of people to work with.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough time and short staffed.
Productive and excellent opportunity for learning of new skills.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 8, 2014
Responsible for performing daily office tasks

Requirement of the job to include: Excellent computer skills, word processing programs, and spreadsheets. Have good organizational skills for tracking, document communication of records.
Pros
Benefit Packages
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 9, 2013
Overall an outstanding place to work. The people are friendly and the management is great! I would gladly work with them in a heartbeat..