Berkadia Employee Reviews

Great for 25 year old white males with real estate connections
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
A typical day involved taking notes and following whatever the local branch manager considered important for the day. I learned 2 real estate programs. The CEO is great but the Branch Managers are all smug and sexist. I have a business degree and 20 years of senior level management but I spent the majority of my times making lunch reservations and grabbing drinks for the boys. The only perk of the job was that it was close to my home.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sexism, no room for advancement
Clique Driven Company
Marketing Project Specialist / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2018
It's all depends on who you are friends with at Berkadia that dictates if you are happy or not. Job performance is second to who you know. Managers are all friends so you can't confidently confide in any one of them. HR will believe a longer standing employee versus someone being attacked and targeted by that employee.
Strong company with many locations
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
I do not have much to say concerning the company. I was working for the company under contract and that contract is expiring. Met some great people during my time with the company and learned a lot from the experience.
A typical work week
INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2018
On a given day, during the early hours, before leaving, I check emails and voice mails. Then, I sit down and review my plans for the day. I jot down any specific notes needing to bring to clients attention.– proactively – I call them to prepare them, once again, for my visit. I usually schedule appointments hourly, depending on the priority and length between each customer. Upon arrival I follow procedures, as introducing myself along with the pictured badge. I confirm once again, my purpose and what I am looking for. I conclude the meeting by asking, “Have I seen all the deficiencies or damages occurred by the incident (storm)?” I, close, by informing them of, what happens now, and the approximate length of time to complete inspection. I submit inspection and then notify the next customer. If I am delayed or ahead of myself, I will call on the next customer and inform them. When I am done for the day. I return to my office and call appointments scheduled, between 7-9:00 PM, for the following day. I do familiarize myself with property via internet at least a day before appointment. I am constantly updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. I begin my organizing on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and I can effectively use time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option. I have to complete and prioritize them depending on their urgency and importance.
Pros
Enjoy exercising my talent of servicing with an exceptional attitude
Cons
I am only one person, Lol
Tough day to day
Mortgage Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2018
Very stressful without much of a wrk/life balance. The salary is nice but prepare for the cut-throat atmosphere. If production is not higher than expectations prepare for heavy competition where the best man will be left standing.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 27, 2018
They do invest in their employees as far as training and travel to the corporate headquarters. They have a nice work environment, reasonable salary. Management can be somewhat inexperienced - hand off.
Pros
Some free lunches, annual bonus.
Cons
Management can be somewhat inexperienced - hands off.
Fast Growing
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Berkadia had many offices across the nation and my position interacted with multiple locations. Staff and managers are friendly and have high expectations of staff. The day-to-day is face-paced filled with project meetings and providing updates to customers.
Pros
Broad spectrum of projects
Cons
Limited access to corporate offices
good place to work, great benefits
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 20, 2017
Servicing loans, interacting with borrowers.
Learned to read and understand loan documents.
Management was good, some of the managers were not what they seemed.
The people were great to work with and willing to help with any questions that needed answering.
My immediate supervisor had her favorites.
Helping the Borrower to complete their pay offs.
Pros
Learning the process of servicing loans.
Company makes a real effort to take care of its employees
Asset Manager, Analyst & Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Ambler, PAJune 21, 2017
It is a good company. It takes care of its employees whenever it can. Most of the people who work for it are agreeable. Most managers are descent, knowledgeable and professional.
Commerical Mortgage Company
Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ambler, PAJune 10, 2017
As my job as an inspections coordinator my day is very busy. I usually handle about 100 emails a day with questions or concerns from our vendors internal workers ,borrowers and property managers. I handle order for our annual and event driven inspections. I also handle monthly reporting and invoices for our vendors.
Pros
co workers, salary
Cons
travel to get to work is costly and time consuming at times.
Berkadia
Branch Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2017
Berkadia is a loan company that also has a real estate advisory division. The company is experiencing a number of changes. They are trying to improve their workflow by using Sales Force.
Best company in its industry
Information Systems & Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2017
Berkadia is the best company to work for in its industry. The knowledge base and work ethic of its employees exceeds that of anyone I have worked for in the past and greatly exceeds that of our competitors.
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Loan Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
Lots of telephone communication, with legal counsels, borrowers, third party vendors, co-workers. Conference calls, prioritizing workload a must. Learned an exceptional amount over the years. Wonderful management team. Co-workers made a big difference. You could count on them in a crunch to get the job done. Maintaining enough time to service the contracts during normal working hours was the toughest part. Learning new processes and spending time co-workers and management was the most enjoyable part along community hours to help others.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Company closed the local office
Great opportunties if you take advantage of them!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 4, 2016
Great opportunities if you are interested and engaged, limited opportunities for those seeking to just punch a time clock.
Pros
Work culture, approachable leadership
Cons
Highly energized and fun work environment
Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2016
Berkadia is a great place to work if you're passionate about your work. I would not, however, expect any type of advancement or recognition from anyone at the enterprise level, you'll just spin your wheels and burn your energy waiting.
Great benefits and transparency with management
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 7, 2015
Great company with multiple divisions spanning between loan production, real estate sales and servicing. The benefits are top notch. The HR group is somewhat out of touch with the employees and issues they may have. I worked in a small production group and therefore my interaction with the overall company was limited.
Pros
Benefits and holidays
Cons
Production employees are given carte blanche within company, Performance reviews are effectively useless.
Great Work Environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Worked as an Intern reviewing past deals, going on visits to properties, and learning about underwriting as well as proprietary lending.
Loyal and easy work environment
Assistant Vice President - Credit Administration (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33486May 18, 2015
I worked for Berkadia for 17 years in different capacities. Berkadia was a great company to work for. Unfortunately I was laid off after 17 years of service. Berkadia was extremely good to me as an employer and me to Berkadia as an employee. I gained several skill sets over my 17 years of service with Berkadia.
Excellent company to work for
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Excellent company to work for
Wonderful environment.
Excellent benefits
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Reputable Company
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 18, 2014
Financial Analysis of Commercial Mortgages along with multiple different CRM duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkadia. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight