Berkeley College Employee Reviews

Inefficient and Predatory Management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 16, 2018
Regarding joining Berkeley College as an employee in two words: Look elsewhere.

Regarding benefits:
The medical deductions are low, but you have to jump through a lot of hoops such as engage in health coach sessions and participate in health related activities in order to get a discount on health insurance. The trade off is that the in-network health insurance providers are very low tier and provide poor service. 401K Match and vesting schedule is tiered based on number of service years; after 5 years of service maximum annual 401K match is capped at $2,500.00 and fully vested by then. No sick days, only PTO Days given, also tiered based on number of years. PTO Days start at 17 days after year 1, 22 after year 2, 24 after year 5, 27 after year 10. Work days are 7 Hour long from 9 AM to 5 PM. There are summer Friday early dismissals at 1 pm starting July 1 and ending Aug. 31, however not all departments will be able to use this benefit due to workload and so it's assessed based on the departments needs.
Pros
Companywide events such as holiday party and graduation
Cons
Everything else.
Something fun to do to help others.
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Job involves coaching and helping new Berkeley college students. This is to guide students on their first semester of school and get them acclimated with their college life.
Fun
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 1, 2018
Love it here. People are great, students are the best ever. The chairs and dean care about their faculty and wish them the best. They are always here to answer questions.
Berkeley
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan and BrooklynJuly 6, 2018
Berkeley is a fantastic place to work. There is a relaxed atmosphere and deadlines to meet as long as you are on point with you job qualififications you should have no problem. Hence this is true with any other job. Berkeley is special because they treat their workers special. I would highly recommend Berkeley College as a wonderful working atmosphere and the operation of systems is run as a family. It is one of the best places I have worked and I am still working there and have no plans on leaving anytime soon.
Pros
Excellent Students, Excellent Chairs, Replys to emails on tme
slow past
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
This was my second job and be honest with you, it was the best job that i ever had. the employers where amazing in ever which way possible. i couldn't have asked for anything better
A higher education environment geared towards empowering future leaders to be successful in their careers. Fun & challenging.
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
A typical day included but not limited to running reports, motivating staff, meeting with new applicants, follow-up with current applicants, empowerment meetings with students, meeting with management staff in order to maximize our team's production.
Time management is key. Positive energy is one of the most important factors to having a motivated staff.
Management was always extremely supportive. Our management team reflected a group of thinkers and doers. We worked with synergy to achieve our goals.
It was a great environment to work, with endless opportunities.
The hardest part of my job commuting 15 hours a week.
The most enjoyable part of my job was experiencing the success with my staff or with our students.
Pros
building relationships with new people everyday, changing lives everyday, the ability to work in a family oriented environment
Cons
15 hour commute time per week.
the people there are so spiteful.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 20, 2018
when I first started out it was the people were friendly you know typical first day, then as I continued to work there I started to see people for who thy actually are. the supervisor there is very spiteful and evil. After a while I started feeling uncomfortable.
Toxic place to work in.
Administrative Assistant/Office Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
I answered all calls pertaining to admissions and student loans.I maintained all student sign in logs and all student files.I assigned each student to a Student Loan Advisor. I assisted all students with financial aid inquiries.I was responsible for training financial aid front desk staff and work study students for data entry and office duties.
I managed and ordered all office supplies for the three New York City campus offices.I verified and reviewed student information and documents for accuracy and compliance with State and Federal
government regulations.
Having to work in the basement of the buildingthat was full of second hand cigarrette smoke and having to work with a manager that was always using fowl language and barking at staff.The best part of my job was helping and meeting students from all over the world.
Pros
Christmas gifts from Loan vendors.
Cons
Nasty manager.
productive work place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJune 2, 2018
● Responsible for organizing weekly events for student body to participate in during leisure time
● Responsible for meet with students to address any concerns and/or questions they might have pertaining to housing arrangements.
● Responsible for organizing community service events for student who have been reprimanded due to negative actions
● Responsible for creating & maintaining weekly calendar of all events during the week of events
Good but tiring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2018
It was a nice easy paced job to work at back in the beginning of college. It did get stressful at times, especially having to set up events and deal with students who felt like they were entitled to everything. Other than that it was fine to work at, they have changed alot.

Want to know more about Berkeley College?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Nice place to work. Salary increases have become very minimal. Everyone gets the same no matter how little or hard you work. Student enrollment drives the business. Low enrollment = cutbacks. Unfortunately, the trend has been negative with some locations closing in recent years.

The atmosphere is very family-like. But notable increases in policies have changed the culture of the business and environment. There's minimal room for upward promotions. But opportunities to move laterally into other areas if you qualify for open positions in other departments.
Pros
Family like work environment, Most managers/supervisors encourage success, Good place to gain work knowledge of the education field
Cons
Salary increases have been minimal for the past several years, No consistent bonus structure for those that work above the normal job description, Difficult to move up the ladder in this environment
Very Family Oriented Environment
Desktop Support Technician, Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 23, 2018
Berkeley College (Woodbridge) is a great place to work if you like a small, close knit, family oriented working environment. Because it is a very small campus, everyone knows each other, and all departments work together well, and help each other out.

The main issues with Berkeley College is that they don't pay well. And part-timers get NOTHING but straight pay. No benefits, no paid time off, no holidays, nothing.
Pros
Comfortable, friendly working environment
Cons
Low pay, no benefits for part timers.
Empowers Students & Socially Responsible
Government Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 17, 2018
Berkeley College empowers students to achieve lifelong success in dynamic careers. An organization that is socially responsible to all their local campus communities.
Outreach Assistant
Outreach Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 30, 2018
Develop presentation material to high school students
Present College overview to high school students
Complete weekly department reports on progress
Answer incoming call requests and take accurate messages ,Maintain relationships with high school students and counselors .Handle miscellaneous duties at the request of Vice President Represent the company in events, conferences etc. in positive light.
Awesome job
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 19, 2018
Working at Berkeley college was a great experience. It was such a relaxed job, sometimes gets stressful on a Saturday when there is so many people visiting or on an open house but other than that everyone is super nice.
Pros
Feel free and not constantly watched.
Cons
Working every Saturdays and nights.
Berkeley College
Associate Professor, Business Law (Former Employee) –  variousApril 13, 2018
Despite my overqualification for same I worked at this place for five years. I started at Dover Business College. Things changed when Berkeley took over. While I enjoyed teaching, there is a administrative atmosphere where the student comes first, not the professor. Money rules. Respect does not. I consider it a badge of honor to have been fired for failing to put up with an extremely disrespectful student.
Stimulating enviornemt
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 26, 2018
Berkely College is a great place to work. There is a very diverse population of students/ faculty/employees who attend the school. The diversity allows for cultural as well as academic education for all involved.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the staff in the center for academic success because they treat you as family and make you feel welcome. You get to help other students excel and also help yourself keep the things that you have learned.
productive and fun place
Project and Facility Liaison / Customer Svc (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2018
this was a position that really took me i like to help people and make things a little better for the holistic approach of betterment and stability. it was a fun and educational environment.
Pros
good people
Cons
late hours
Mostly a good time
Student Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
But it really depends on your manager and department. Overall the pay and benefits are good. Lots of nepotism. It's really hit or miss being appreciated there and it's not uncommon for higher ups to take credit for stuff for personal gain or perhaps to try to save themselves. It's a family owned business.