Berkeley College Employee Reviews

Worse place EVER
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 17, 2019
I was taught if you do not have ANYthing nice to say, say nothing. I have nothing to say about the nepotism, unskilled workers in directorial/managerial positions. I could go on about the non-diversity in upper management but the facts speaks for itself.
Cons
Productive place to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed my job and me being a student. I just love that I had the chance to build a family with everyone I came in contact with. I call today for help as a Alumni and i get the services. i told them they are stuck with m for life.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Wish I can go back but ive relocated
Stay away from this college
Full Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
Berkeley College has terrible upper management. No respect to faculty. They do not tolerate any personal opinion. Diversity is applied to students selection only, not to the faculty. Absolutely no job security. The goal is to make money for the family who owns the college, not the education.
Pros
location
Cons
all other things
It is a pleasure to work at Berkeley College.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 28, 2019
The Workplace Culture is Team Players environment; everyone is very friendly, respectful and supports each other.

The Workplace Team Members all genuinely care about each other which is reflective on the students.
Berkeley College
Administrative Assistant to the VP, Operations (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJFebruary 22, 2019
A typical day at Berkeley consisted or emails, spreadsheets and word documents. I worked there for 12 years and unfortunately was laid off. I learned a lot from my department such as how to multi-task, how to assist in the yearly budget processes and how to process invoices on Lotus Notes. The workplace culture really is like a family atmosphere. Everyone knows each other and youre always greeted with a friendly face and a smile.
Pros
Close to home and flexible days off.
Eye Doctors
Admissions Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 19, 2019
People person with great customer service skill. Many year of experience as an Administrative Assistant. Very dedicated and highly motivated employee.
Good Experience
Full Time Professor in Mathematics Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2019
During my almost 20 years’ experience in Berkeley College I taught face-to-face classes in New York City campus locates in Midtown Manhattan (5th Ave/43rd St) and some classes online. In 2013 my wife and I moved to Florida and I continued to teach in Berkeley College, online only. In the end of 2018 I completely retired from my full-time position.

The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with my students in a classroom. I maintained friendly atmosphere and never refused to go extra miles to help my students. Based on student's evaluation I had the highest rate in Math Department.
Other faculty members very helpful and polity. I had excellent working relationship with other instructors not just from our department but from other divisions. Some of them are still my friends.

On the negative site I should say that administration on Dean and Provosts level does not treat faculty with respect and does not recognize any personal achievement. All faculty are on one-year contract system. There is no job security. Nobody knows if he will have job next year. It is decided in the last moment during annual interview. Atmosphere during the interview is very hostile. Usually dean, who conducts the interview, try to focus on something that he considers as “wrong doing” or doing not enough. They never highlight any positive sites in our work or our achievements.
Pros
Excellent location, friendly faculty members
Cons
Wrong people on administrative positions
Great Place for education and work
Student Aid, Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJanuary 22, 2019
Working at Berkeley College as a Student Aid was the best. I really had the opportunity to advance myself mentally, physically and hornets my skills to the appropriate place.
Pros
Learned something new everyday
Cons
Sad to leave
Awesome Colleagues
Adjunct Professor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Enjoyed working with amazing colleagues that are willing to pour out their lives for their students. Such dedication was inspiring and resonated with personal goals and objectives.
Approve Berkeley College
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Overall, Berkeley College is a place to grow and experience new ideas. I enjoy working at Berkeley because they give their employees the opportunity to experience new teaching skills and area of interests.
work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652January 3, 2019
Always busy and productive, helping faculty and students. Had to help set up events at school and decorate the boards around the school and in classes.
Cons
no breaks, no time down
Political Environment, poor management, and greedy owners
Director (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Berkeley prays on minorities and those who cannot get into colleges of their choice. They leave students with tons of debt and little room for professional growth after they have finished. This in turns means that they are eager to keep retention and graduation rates up just to keep a presence, provide a poor education not suited for today's market. In addition, upper management CFO's, COO's, VP's and owners like to keep pay and higher positions within their pool of friends (circle). Unprofessional work environment where VP's at the NYC Campus walk around cursing, ranting and raving in front of students, discuss race and politics during working hours. Hostile work environment should you feel the urge to contact HR,HR is friends with VP's and higher management. No true HR department to report to that is not compromised. CEO lets higher management handling front line staff do what ever they want..
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
politics, unprofessional work environment
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Busy day. Always something coming up. Work friendly. People are approachable. Its always something new, sometimes might be stressful depending on the workload. But bosses are very friendly and helpful.
Great for starters
Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 10, 2018
Great place for people who need to start somewhere. Management tends to micromanage teammates which creates a lack of trust in one another which also leads to less productivity.
they did have a ping pong table
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 25, 2018
i loved my direct manger but Berkeley has had some shady business deals in the past . made me feel uncomfortable . no room for advancement . overall good starting place
Pros
free lunches
Cons
debt relief
A good place to learn new things
Campus Visit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 24, 2018
As one of the younger employees I was welcome in with open arms. There wasn't a day were I found my self bored or tired. Everyday there was something new to learn.
Culture of Excellence
Academic Advisement and Operations (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 30, 2018
Productive higher education institution focused on learning and career placement. A wealth of knowledge from faculty and staff coupled with an environment conducive to meeting student needs.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Fun Environment
Toxic place- No one cares- It's all about lying to and taking the students' money
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Berkeley doesn't care about the students. Most, if not all students are left in debts. They have no respect for their employees. Nepotism is very common. Managers are horrible.
Pros
Some amazing coworkers
Cons
stressful environment, cut throat, and money hungry...
temporary Job
Administrative Assistant, Academic Support Center (Former Employee) –  Dover, NJOctober 29, 2018
Monitoring the test room and providing the right information for the person that is testing, Creating folders for all enrollments and Updating the Admission calendars. Generating all letters for all accepted applicants. Creating weekly status report, Answering and transferring calls to appropriate department
work
Office of the Registrar (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJOctober 28, 2018
Ok place to work at but would be better if they provided personal and sick days to the benefits package and if the out of pocket insurance for medical, dental and vision was less we would have more take home pay.