Berkeley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Run for the door!
Allied health (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 9, 2018
There is a embedded culture of bullying and harassment including physical. HR is worthless and only provides lip service to policy regarding this issue. Staff will pick at you until you're in tears. Most toxic work environment ever. Bring up patient safety issues will get you terminated.
Pros
Cons
Bullying, aloof management, toxic environment., poor RN to patient ratio
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 26, 2018
I have anxiety, and management refused to work with me with it. They repeatedly put me in the section that caused me to have panic attacks and nervous breakdowns even after I asked them to move me. it was nearly traumatizing.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor management
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 25, 2018
I worked as a medical transcriptionist, and I worked from home for Berkeley Medical Center HIM Department. A good working team. I learned whatever was necessary to do my job. Working in healthcare can be stressful, but it is very rewarding.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Registered Nurse
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 17, 2018
Great co-workers and Manager. The education provided was well thought out. Some Doctors were rude and made the job difficult. The call is outrageous...had to leave the job.
Management needs overhaul
RN II. (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 3, 2018
Management in certain sections changes standards weekly. Charge nurses sit and do not help in clinical area. Staff is allowed to complain about each other to management who writes you up without hearing your side.
Currently cannot get 40 hours, loss of MD staff.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unable to work 40 hours, lack of cases
Cardiac Monitor tech (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 8, 2018
This place is a great place to work. the hospital provide some benefits and possibility of career advancement which make the hospital a great place...
Pros
hour flexibility
Cons
short breaks
Pre-Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 30, 2018
A professional environment that was very competitive and productive. Excellent teamwork from coworkers. Provided excellent customer service support...
Nice
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 14, 2018
Nice place to work at. People are very nice there and management is good too. I like the cafeteria..Berkeley is awesome to work at for a job with well benefits
Productive, calm work enviroment, helpful supervisor
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 16, 2018
I mainly helped score Psychological assessments but I also observed clients for parent-child interaction therapy which is what I enjoyed the most. The most challenging part of this internship was fighting boredom.
Coworkers
Registered Nurse V Intensive Care (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 8, 2018
My night shift coworkers were a big reason I stayed as long as I did there. It was not uncommon to be short staffed. I enjoyed working in the Intensive Care Unit but the staffing was mostly 3 to 1 patient ratio to nurse.
Berkeley Medical Center
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  ORFebruary 24, 2018
It is a good place to work if you want to make money and work all the time. recently we have had a high turnover rate, and with the lack of staff and managment not paying attention to the trend, we are now working anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week. Very little home life for a majority of us and the favoritism is just crazy.
Pros
Great people great team
Cons
constantly working
Productive, Team work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 12, 2018
I love working at Berkeley Medical Center. They encourage learning. They train and incorporate new ideas that was really helpful on the job. Good communication skills between coworkers and managers.
Pros
Good working environment, Team work
Hospital working enviroment
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 25, 2018
Fast paced environment tending to the needs of patients on the floor. Enjoyed working side by side with the RN's and learned more about hospital work environment.
Pros
gaining hands on learning
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 12, 2018
Working with thee patients by phone and in person, was a great opportunity. My manager in the early part of my job at Berkeley Medical Center was excellent..
Pros
Free food, and drinks
Cons
Na
Productive and good environment to learn.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 6, 2018
Productive and good environment to learn. The doctors and nurses are very professional. They place patient care above all else and make it a priority.
Great Workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 4, 2018
I would work for this company again. It is a well successful business and has so many benefits to offer. They cooperate with your schedule and provide overtime.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Getting PTO is hard. Its a long process
High expectations for low pay
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 4, 2018
They like to move you around and expect you to check patients in quickly. When you are new they should let you learn for at least a yr in one dept before moving you by yourself with a heavy patient flow.
Benefits
Cons
Only one 30 min break in 8 and a half hours
independence
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WV 25404January 3, 2018
Close to home and able to do self scheduling. Able to work straight days or straight nights. Evey other weekend. The nurses and doctors work well together.
I was contract
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 28, 2017
I worked 12 hour night shift, the first half of the shift was busy, but then it would slow down. Fast paced 32 bed ER sees all types of patients from neonates to geriatric with a variety of complaints
Pros
staff is helpful
Cons
ER techs cannot start IVs
Good place to work.
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 23, 2017
A good place to work. Everyone gets along with everyone. When it gets busy the teamwork is amazing. When things go wrong the collaboration to make it right is astounding.
Pros
The people. If you cannot get along with the people here. It is not the other people.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkeley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Berkeley Medical Center Reviews by Location