Berkeley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Coworkers
Registered Nurse V Intensive Care (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 8, 2018
My night shift coworkers were a big reason I stayed as long as I did there. It was not uncommon to be short staffed. I enjoyed working in the Intensive Care Unit but the staffing was mostly 3 to 1 patient ratio to nurse.
Berkeley Medical Center
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  ORFebruary 24, 2018
It is a good place to work if you want to make money and work all the time. recently we have had a high turnover rate, and with the lack of staff and managment not paying attention to the trend, we are now working anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week. Very little home life for a majority of us and the favoritism is just crazy.
Pros
Great people great team
Cons
constantly working
Productive, Team work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 12, 2018
I love working at Berkeley Medical Center. They encourage learning. They train and incorporate new ideas that was really helpful on the job. Good communication skills between coworkers and managers.
Pros
Good working environment, Team work
Hospital working enviroment
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 25, 2018
Fast paced environment tending to the needs of patients on the floor. Enjoyed working side by side with the RN's and learned more about hospital work environment.
Pros
gaining hands on learning
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 12, 2018
Working with thee patients by phone and in person, was a great opportunity. My manager in the early part of my job at Berkeley Medical Center was excellent..
Pros
Free food, and drinks
Cons
Na
Productive and good environment to learn.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 6, 2018
Productive and good environment to learn. The doctors and nurses are very professional. They place patient care above all else and make it a priority.
Great Workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 4, 2018
I would work for this company again. It is a well successful business and has so many benefits to offer. They cooperate with your schedule and provide overtime.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Getting PTO is hard. Its a long process
High expectations for low pay
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 4, 2018
They like to move you around and expect you to check patients in quickly. When you are new they should let you learn for at least a yr in one dept before moving you by yourself with a heavy patient flow.
Benefits
Cons
Only one 30 min break in 8 and a half hours
independence
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WV 25404January 3, 2018
Close to home and able to do self scheduling. Able to work straight days or straight nights. Evey other weekend. The nurses and doctors work well together.
I was contract
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 28, 2017
I worked 12 hour night shift, the first half of the shift was busy, but then it would slow down. Fast paced 32 bed ER sees all types of patients from neonates to geriatric with a variety of complaints
Pros
staff is helpful
Cons
ER techs cannot start IVs
Good place to work.
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 23, 2017
A good place to work. Everyone gets along with everyone. When it gets busy the teamwork is amazing. When things go wrong the collaboration to make it right is astounding.
Pros
The people. If you cannot get along with the people here. It is not the other people.
Productive and fast-past workplace
Phlebotomist/Lab Carrier (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 12, 2017
My day can either be relaxed and slow-paced or it can be fast-paced and stressful. We get pretty busy. Also, as a lab courier we sometimes get busy and we work independently. I am still expected to do my job properly just like anyone else and that means carrying heavy supplies and transporting them to many places. As a phlebotomist, I go to many parts of the hospital and draw patients blood for testing. That includes the ER, a stressful part of the hospital. After retrieving the blood, we take it to the laboratory to be spun down and tested. I provide patient care such as adding blankets for the warmth of the patient, adjusting a patient who is in an uncomfortable position (some patients are very heavy), and anything to make a patient happy and satisfied.
Pros
Discounted meals, shift differential
Cons
part-time, no benefits, less hours
Productive and Rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure at Berkeley Family Medical as an Asst. to the Supervisor in Physician Ed./Recruitment. Maintaining education records, invoicing and billing.
Great environment!
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 30, 2017
The staff was amazing and really helped me learn a lot. I loved all of the patients and everyone was so willing to help out when someone needed it. No one ever left before the job was done.
a growing NICU with excellent providers
NNP in level (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 21, 2017
A typical day is managing 4 to 6 pts. attending high risk deliveries and available to the pediatricians and ER providers. Very collaborative physicians, who educate and mentor. This unit has only been open for 3 years. The nursing staff is very eager to learn. Only a few of the staff have previous NICU experience. 16 hour days for 5 days then off 9 days is difficult but also nice for family.
Pros
small staff creates great bonds also an growing unit and community
Cons
small unit, so limited procedure experience
Good "work family"
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 20, 2017
I always enjoyed working at Berkeley Medical Center. I really wanted to get away from bedside nursing and am pursuing a nursing career in a different setting.
Productive place to work. Kept me busy
Environmental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 19, 2017
I love my job here. People were easy to get along with. They appreciated the work I did. My job was important to keep the infections from spreading. I never felt so loved and appreciated in all my life.
Pros
Meal tickets
Cons
Benefits were hard to understand
Overall Look
Environmental Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 12, 2017
My department has been short staffed for over 9 months and management has made no effort to replace the openings. I work 2nd shift for over a year and have worked 3rd shift for over 3 years.
Pros
Benefits, 403B program
Cons
Weak managment and old boys club mentality
Washed dishes, cleaned, cooked, helped customers
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 11, 2017
I was usually in the dish room washing dishes. I worked night shift so I help clean and close the kitchen. I was crossed trained in the cafeteria where I cooked on a flat top grill used fryers and ran cash register. I would also have to close that out and stock what was needed. The enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. The culture was relaxed but the management was horrible.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Not enough pay, dish washers were treated bad, poor management
productive
Medical Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
My duty was to interview patients as they came into the clinic, document their chief complaint, review of systems, and document them. Along with this i was also responsible for performing physical exams on patients and document any abnormal and normal findings. Lastly, I was also responsible to make a differential diagnosis and a treatment plan and share my ideas with the preceptor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkeley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Berkeley Medical Center Reviews by Location