Berkeley Research Group, LLC Employee Reviews

Don’t waste your time
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 11, 2019
Very poor management! Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Not a friendly environment. Few advancement possibilities. Most people don’t stay very long.
Pros
Fair starting salary
Cons
Poor Management
Bright Minds with Great Guidance
Associate/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 29, 2019
Worked in economics and damages, and learned from some of the greatest. Unfortunately, being a remote resource, I was unable to progress any further in my career. I highly recommend the job and people here. No days were the same and the employees are respectful and intelligent.
work life balance a challenge
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Weekly travel necessitates very long days onsite and lots of meetings creating a poor work-life balance. I have learned a great deal and been able to advocate for nursing and nursing practice but with some difficulty. Money is more important than people and leadership is lacking. I enjoyed working with executives and nurses of the clients however, teamwork with co-workers is non-existent. Poor leadership leads to undervaluing employees.
Pros
Satisfaction of working with healthcare clients
Cons
poor senior leadership
If you're part of the "Good "Ole Boys" club, you're IN!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2018
I had very high expectations when I started at BRG, but things quickly turned. Unless you are one of the higher ups, you are treated like property. I've never been treated so poorly in my life! If you can stand it, go there, make your money, and get out!
Pros
Competitive salaries
Cons
Poor management, clickish
Intellectual and fast paced environment
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 14, 2018
BRG is a company that offers continuously changing work in their Econ and Damages department. Working directly with experts in fields such as Antitrust, Financial Analysis, and Industrial Organizations always keeps you learning. While deadlines can be tight and stressful, the commaraderie in the company makes the tough times manageable. I have learned an incredible amount that would not have been available in other firms to my knowledge.
Arthea Johnson
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
The company does not work for the employees. they will not see reason to help their employee I had this worse time with that company it worked very hard and
Let down
Part Time Case Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2018
I had high expectations when I first started. However, my expectations were soon dashed, three weeks in. Management was absolutely horrible! Zero interpersonal skills, poor leadership skills and total lack of respect. I am way too old for Corporate America BS!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Fast paced work environment that's not for everyone!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2018
Employees are paid fairly and benefits are standard for the industry/position. However, the work culture is very much career focused! If you do not enjoy going into work with no clue what time you will leave this place is not for you. Quality of managers differs greatly inside the firm, so you never know what you're going to get. If you're someone who likes long hours and staying busy, this place is for you.

Note: Job descriptions can be very vague and broad. This definitely shows as task and projects are inconsistent and require different skill sets. They hire for man power as opposed to necessary skill sets.
Pros
Good benefits, cell phone reimbursement.
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent management, no work/life balance.
Excellent Company to work for. The Director was the best persons I ever worked with.
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2018
Continuous contemporaneous research to build cases.
Learned a lot on how to communicate with construction lawyers and better gather data to prepare a case.
Management was excellent. Loved working with the director.
The workplace culture was excellent. Everyone was looking after each other.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling.
Enjoyed every minute I worked with BRG.
full time health care consultant
Senior Managing - Clinical Economics (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2018
full time travel as health care CDI consultant performing physician and nurse training and project management. As a part time health care consultant did documentation pro fee physician documentation audits and reports. See resume for further description
Pros
travel
Cons
5-6 days trade;
Great Office
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2018
A great place to work with lots of good and talented individuals. The ability to work on multiple tasks can be rewarding to some. Great location for commuting and plenty to do around the office during lunch or after a day of work.
No Room for Real Advancement
Senior Executive Assistant to 8 Managing Directors (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 9, 2018
If you're not a part of the inner circle then you will never be treated fairly. Management only listens to those who they are friends with and it is impossible to get a good performance review because you have nothing to base it on.
Some good work, fluctuating work flow and silos
Corporate Finance Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2018
BRG is a place with some growth but each practice and even MD acts as a silo with very different growth opportunities and life/work balance. Some Directors lack professionalism.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Coaching, tuition reimbursement, all else
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 2, 2018
BRG has a face paced environment with competent staff and management. The benefits are incredibly comparable for the Bay Area, if not better than most other companies.
Started out fantastic, and then it blew up in my face
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2018
I was hired to do a specific job, and work with specific people. However, about a month after being offered a position, my supervisor's husband got a job offer and they had to move. They then restructured my department and hired a new manager who was not only incompetent but demeaned and degraded me in front of executives, treated me like an idiot, and created such a hostile work environment that I needed anti-depressants. I held out for as long as I could, but it became evident that my health needed to be a priority.

The rest of the company and employees were lovely, and before the management changed, I thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free snacks, beverages, breakfast every Monday
Cons
Management, office culture
productive work eniviorment, Monday breakfast, afternoon snacks
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoy the people and the vendors associated with BRG which have made it a great place to work. the office is family friendly. there is also events through out the year that are family friendly. BRG always provides training to enhance your skills, in any and every area.
Pros
Fun work place, work hard play HARDER
Cons
Office Manager Micro manages
Fast paced, interesting work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 16, 2018
BRG is a place that houses many intelligent people who act as experts in their fields. This cultivates a situation where you are surrounded by the best and brightest in a fast-paced, always evolving atmosphere.
Relaxed place to work
Office Assistant and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAOctober 24, 2017
A very relaxed place to work. I come in, do my job, get paid. Sometimes I met some really interesting people. Recently, we found out that a manager's father won the Nobel prize, so yeah, we're surrounded by amazing people.
Good Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Different everyday and challenging work. Surrounded by smart people who enjoy what they do. Overall, it's a great company to work for and the benefits/compensation are competitive.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Company is silo and disconnected between teams
Latin American Office
Executive Assistant-Latin America Region (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
Latin American Office, workers from all over, billable work is key, everyone to themselves but most come together as a team and get the work accomplished when needed, experts in every field,
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Cons
Clickish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkeley Research Group, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Berkeley Research Group, LLC Reviews by Location