Berkshire Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible Leadership
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 14, 2018
Promise you that you will have all of the resources that you need at your disposal however it's all smoke and mirrors. I do not recommend this place to work.
All the people I worked with were awesome.
Commercial Portfolio Manager, Berkshire Bank (Former Employee) –  Manchester, VTJuly 9, 2018
I worked in the small business commercial division located in Manchester, VT. All the employees were very professional and competent. Our manager was a true leader that we all respected.
Pros
Free coffee.
hard to work in the branch
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Lebanon, NYJune 23, 2018
I would have loved to be able to work at a different branch then the one I did. The manager was terrible she would make everyone on edge. Being in a different environment would have made everything better
Pros
Customers
Cons
Manager
Good pay. Good successful bank to work for. Awesome CEO and regional manager.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 5, 2018
First bank I've worked for, and the one I will be staying at! Good pay. Good successful bank to work for. Awesome CEO and regional manager. Good place for moving up.
"Americas Most Exciting Bank"
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAMay 13, 2018
Has some genuine hardworking staff, rapidly growing bank acquiring additional branches quickly. Wide variety of products covers most people's day to day needs.
loved working there
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMay 10, 2018
great job, great people.they are expanding their foot print all over and they also do alot for all of the communities they serve. their scholarship programs are great and i truely loved the people that i worked with.
Pros
time off, pay
UFSR (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAApril 14, 2018
The branch level management needs improvement. Most branches are short staffed so that doesn't leave much room for help when needed. Also they will higher just about anyone for Management positions as long as you have the qualifications.
Decent place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, NYApril 8, 2018
Working for Berkshire Bank was a decent job. It helped that I got along with my coworkers to help the time pass. I enjoyed being a teller but being a teller for a small town made it difficult.
low compensation
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 1, 2018
The company needs to improve their salary structure. The job and the company in general are good. But training and resources need to be improved in the area I have worked.
benefits
Cons
salary and training
Laid back atmosphere with opportunity for advancement
Universal Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 12, 2018
As a UFSR, 50% of the duties include teller responsibilities. I have learned how to handle and open accounts along with maintaining positive customer relations. I wish that the management was more motivating and less "laid back".
Nice, Regional Banking Institution
Indirect Loan Servicing Rep (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 17, 2018
This bank is a fairly standard, straight forward bank to work at. They have positions that are customer facing like a traditional branch location and corporate positions for their other business lines like auto loans and mortgages. It was a respectful place to work, with nice people and a desire to see everyone complete their duties correctly, efficiently, and as easily as possible.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Insufficient career advancement in Syracuse NY
The worst place to work at
FSR (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 11, 2017
The managment is horrible! They don't care about how hard you work. All they care about is themselves. The pay isn't worth the stress. Don't even bother applying here it isn't worth it
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor management
OK but growing pains
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 27, 2017
ok company, some departments not as balanced. Culture / vision from top strong. Not implemented by some division. Overtime this could be worked out to the good.
Great Company
Universal Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 26, 2017
This is my first time working in Banking and Berkshire Bank provided me with the training and tools that I need to be successful in the company. This is a great company to work for they have really great culture with being involved in the community and everything.
Pros
good work-life balance
Cons
Berkshire Bank is a great place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham, NYOctober 4, 2017
I enjoy working at Berkshire Bank. I love developing my staff in their roles, interacting with customers. One of my favorite things is problem resolution, to take an angry customer and turn their attitude around is very satisfying. I love making sure that we are ready as a branch for an audit, a security issue and as a team we have put all of our effort into ensuring a smooth process.
Pros
Paid Volunteer time
Loved my team
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 29, 2017
Everyone does work as a team and really helps one another out. My manager was awesome as well. Only issue was the part time hours. They weren't nearly enough for me to pay for essentials.
Productive and fun workplace
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with the potential to learn and grow in the business field. This job helps to keep customer service skills up to par while learning how to grow and maintain good customer relations.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great job
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 14, 2017
Berkshire Bank is a great place to work. Friendly co workers, proper training, benefits and time off. I have really enjoyed my time here and will recommend this job to anyone looking.
Great work/life balance
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 14, 2017
I was a teller II. As a full time teller my responsibilities included: Provide account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and series e bonds; answering questions in person or on telephone; referring to other bank services The company offers employees befits such as 401K, health care, and paid vacation time.
Understaffed often.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 29, 2017
Good environment to work, and lots of career opportunity. Some customers are hard to work with depending on the branch, Also my current branch is understaffed without a manager, and employees are not informed on when we will get one. The understaffed problem gets a little frustrating and makes me want to locate to a new branch.
Cons
understaffed