Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Hathaway Pay & Benefits reviews

fast paced during the summer
Good place to work. good benefits, pay needs to be higher. you learn about transactions in real estate. you need to have good computer skills. very flexibility company
I loved my job!
Benefits were very good! I love purchasing, receiving, working with vendors. I enjoy Completing IR, GR and PO creation. Enjoyed price comparison between vendors, finding the best quality for the best price. Also, leading new inventions.
Benefits
Cons
Closure
Not good place to work
They were deceptive from start. Offered me salary much less than what was advertised. Healthcare premiums very expensive, $1500/month.

Turned out managers weren't really there based upon qualifications or experience, but rather just seniority and having been in company for while. So when existing manager left, someone else was found and promoted into that role, regardless if they actually had experience as manager.

Performance reviews were extremely subjective and evaluation criteria were never disclosed upon hiring. A lot of these were made up on spot when reviews were done. If your manager was sick or in bad mood that day, your reviews would be negative.
Pros
good view of city, lots of lunch options within walking distance
Cons
cut-throat environment, no collaboration with others, lots of in-fighting between departments, discriminatory - seems women & minorities fired most
Manufacturing with division from leadership
The company does not value the employees. They are mostly concerned with the corporate leaders vs the plant employees. There is no respect from the leadership.
Pros
Having a job!
Cons
Benefits continued to be less each year. Respect from leadership was non-existent
Mediocre experience
Working for a large broker has its pro and cons. There are a lot of fees charged to the agents and the splits aren't that good. I received a decent amount of support.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great working environment
I recommend this company. Unfortunately I was laid off however I hold no hard feelings as I greatly enjoyed my tenor, fellow colleagues and the experience as a whole! Also I received a fair compensation exit package so that always helps. If you're looking to work with great people give them a try.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Ever changing business plan
Horrible place to work...
I was dedicated always on time and never missed a day....was fired for something I didn't do ..and that something was so minor...I believe they wanted to pay someone less for what I did.....so they found a reason to for me ...I loved my job and was dedicated ..so I feel they are all about the money nor the people ..they really screwed me.....and I am trying to be nice ...I have more to say but ..I won't ...thank you...
Pros
Cons
No benefits and shady management
Welcoming workplace with admirable qualities but minor disadvantages
Working at Hathaway Manor, I have gained a successful experience of what it's like to have a "first job"; however, the work environment is frustrating at times. Management is also confused from time to time but other than that, not an awful place to work.
Pros
Free meals, flexible hours
Cons
Stressful work environment, underpaid
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Berkshire Hathaway?
Daily Job
People are friendly...hard to advance though. The job you get hired for is the job that you will have unless you work at the corporate office in Dalton, GA.
Pros
Pay/benefits are good
Cons
no advancement
Productive team-centered environment for new and seasoned RE professionals
Company provides numerous benefits to both new and existing agents. Tons of on-going training provided to maximize your success. Commission split for new agents can be difficult to work with, but company-paid benefits tend to cancel out.
Very relaxed and friendly, hard workers, competitive
Berkshire was an awesome company to work for I only left due to health reasons, would recommend them to others. Very professional and successful company.
Pros
You're your own boss work your own hours can work from home competitive compensation
Cons
Waiting to receive psyments
Excellent
Excellent company. It's a hard industry. Taxes, insurance, fees are all on the employee. It is a difficult industry in general very inconsistent although I enjoy it.
The Job
Its great during the summer, Long hours great supervisor, Great co workers that work really hard, great area and great oppportunties to help friends that need jobs
Pros
Long hours outdoors, Great pay
Cons
Management was very unfair, favoritism, pay raises very low, if you weren't popular were not considered in the group. Did enjoy talking to the customers, and learned alot.
Pros
Talking to the customers
Cons
To clicky
Horrible
Cant call in sick, no advancement, pay sucked, no care for employees. No employe moral, no pay raise or bonuses. No care for employees. Points against you if you call out sick
Pros
Free lunch somedays
Cons
Pay, stress, environment
Productivity
Berkshire Hathaway has been a great company that provided excellent benefit. Unfortunately, this company shut down in South Florida and relocated in North Carolina, and I was not able to move out with it. It was great experience working at Berkshire Hathaway.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Too much stress
Great Place To Work
Great place to work.The culture was amazing, it was sad for me to leave. It was commission based, so pay was not consistent. Very hard coming from a salary position
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Long Hours, pay was commission and not consistent
Good place to learn customer service skills
Berkshire is a good starting company. Unfortunately the wages are not competitive to other companies in the market. When you can start out at the competition making more than you left this company with after several years. There is something wrong with the company. No scholarship programs that are geared to all employees. Only minorities get a full ride scholarship. Which is great for them, but does not help anyone else when you are working for less than $11.00 an hour. Raises tend to be between 1 to 3 percent and you start out at $10.08 an hour. And raises are once a year. The one good thing is your PTO time. They start you right away with PTO, but If you are sick they apply the PTO to your absence and you are also given a black mark for missing work. Raises were terrible, vey few advancement jobs. And a lot of promises of advancement that never happened. Customers could be very difficult.
Floor managers overall were pretty good.
Pros
PTO starts after you are off your probation
Cons
Low pay, difficult customers, very little room for advancewment
Great place to work for new or experienced agents
Berkshire Hathaway is a great place to work because of the people. Top notch in recruiting the right people who work well together as a team. Management is very hands on, and always available to assist. You won't find any cut throat agents here. Everyone respects each other and treats each other like family. The hardest part about this job is not having stability in income, and no benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours for working
Cons
no benefits and no income between deals
Sad I moved
This was my first office job. I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with. Only complaint was getting the time off if my kids were sick. If I didn't have to move for my husband's job, I would've stayed indefinitely.
Pros
Cafeteria credit, decent pay, EXCEPTIONAL benefits, a lot of family included extras, lots of employee e gagement
Cons
PTO accrual was tedious
supportive and fun work environment
Great place with lot of flexibility and good co-workers and management. Training as needed and great marketing. Good supportive office and if you work hard you will reap the benefits.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkshire Hathaway. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight