Berkshire Medical Center Employee Reviews

internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMarch 26, 2018
Case manager/ social work internship that was a great experience. I learned many skills that I will need in the work force for years to come by participating in this internship
Culture is changing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAFebruary 15, 2018
Present administration lack compassion towards their nurses. I believe the nurses are understaffed. We have tried to negotiate fair staffing ratios but are pleads far on deaf ears.
Pros
Benefits, pay adequate
Cons
No support from current administration
Culture of intimidation
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crane ASCFebruary 5, 2018
BMC has changed over the years, and is not a nice place to be working anymore. The RNs are overloaded for patient care and the hospital is more interested in profits over care.
Pros
pharmacy discount
Cons
you are lucky if you get lunch, then are yelled at because you didn't take one.
very productive place to work
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAFebruary 1, 2018
Its a great hospital to work for, great team work, and i love all my co-workers. Would love to move up into a different role at the hospital, maybe even in management.
currently in the middle of negotiations in a union hospital. upper administration and the MNA are having difficulty coming to an agreement,.
RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MA 01201January 25, 2018
There was a one day srike and since then tensions are high and it felt as thouhg some management was looking to punish some of the nurses. the company is very forgiving. There are great benefits
Stressful, clicky workplace
CMA and Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 18, 2018
After working for them for over 15 yrs I got sick and needed surgery and while in their hospital receiving care they posted my position on me. They are a decent company to work for as far as benefits and pay but just remember you’re only a number and if you’re not making them money they don’t care about you or your family what so ever!! Management is the absolute worst! Heartless, cold and fake people.
Productive team environment
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Employment with Berkshire medical center was great place to work with. I gained so much knowledge about the medical profession as well as being able to work in an incredible team environment. Although the atmosphere was patient care as opposed to customer service, the two are very close at hand. Very fast paced with a lot of diversity in performing responsibilities. It was a pleasure to be an asset on a team where the goal was to help people.
Pros
Very team oriented environment
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Good experience
Student-Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 3, 2018
Supportive environment with a collaborative team. Fast-paced team dedicated to quality patient care. I would recommend employment at BMC to my fellow peers.
Well organized work place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 26, 2017
My typical day at work was I worked full-time from 7am to 3:30pm in a fast pace enviroment I learned a lot about nursing from working with the nurses and doctors. I liked my job because it gave me the opportunity to learn more in the medical field.
Great place to work and advance
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 29, 2017
Productive. Great people to work with. Learned a lot in the 15 years there. There is a lot of cross training , you learn a lot of different aspects to help you advance in your role. Release of information, Privacy scanning of charts,Inpatient and Outpatient.
Pros
Great benefits
Pros and Cons
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 22, 2017
First nursing experience able to learn and grow. Overall great experience, working with incredible people

Lack of update technology especially computer system. Unable to support needs of medical center

Lack of work/life balance. Unable of get time off without finding replacement. No replacements available.
Fast-paced and stressfull
LICENSED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 8, 2017
If you like to work non-stop then this is the place for you. It is a great place to work because you are working so quickly that the day just flies by and before you know it your shift is ended. The employees are great and would welcome you with open arms.
Great work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 6, 2017
Loved working here great team to be a part of . There was a lot of opportunities with this company . Everyone willing to help one another out if they needed it . Would love to go back
Staff nurse
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MA 01201August 3, 2017
The pay is great however there is an adversarial relationship between front line staff and management. They are also consistently extremely short staffed. It is hard to advance your career here as well.
Beautiful Berkshires
Float RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 26, 2017
Many years ago, staffing was fair, management was supportive, access to necessary supplies were readily available. Continuing education was available and promoted.
Its work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 23, 2017
It's work. Some people are annoying, others great. No serious complaints, but I will not ever be working there again. Minimal advancement, annoying management, mediocre pay and benefits.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
Management is a bit annoying, they don't do things efficiently, punctually, or consitently
Needs improvement
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJune 30, 2017
BMC is a wonderful hospital but needs improvement for their staffing in all departments. There is not enough staffing, and there isn't any incentive or reward to working OT.
Great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJune 20, 2017
Berkshire Medical Center is a great place to work. The nursing staff are wonderful and a great crew to work with. They have great benefits also. They also encourage staff to grow in there position.
Great facility - challenging work environment
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJune 8, 2017
I enjoy working with Radiologists to perform procedures to benefit patients on a daily basis. I have worked at BMC for many years and have enjoyed the experience.
Safe Staffing is an issue
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMay 12, 2017
BMC is not committed to supporting their nurses in order to provide safe care.
They have their favorite employees who they will do anything for and support them in their advancement. It isn't a fair playing field.