Berlin Packaging Employee Reviews

Warehouse in cranbury
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 20, 2018
The manager/supervisor in the cranbury location has terrible attitude talks down on you talks like you don’t even exist .. you do something wrong or anything takes a huge grudge on you til they get you fired .. they treat you like trash
Cons
Don’t work there
Great Stepping Stone
N/A (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
This position was a good fit for me to figure out what I wanted out of corporate America. I quickly found that I prefer to work under leadership that promotes talent growth as well as supports growth individually. A typical day at work involves lots of complaining, lots of brainstorming and slow reaction. Management consists of outdated performers who are stuck in a mind frame that the old way of doing things is best for the company even though the company has grown tremendously and has outgrown manual business practices. The hardest part about working for this company is having great ideas to improve workflow and them constantly being shot down by management because they don't see the value that it would add to their role.
Pros
Downtown Chicago
Cons
Downtown Chicago
Corporation is good, local branches need work
employee (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 2, 2018
Overall Berlin is a great company to work for. But many changes are are needed at local branches, Corporate lets too many things go unchecked at the branch level.
Family Oriented work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 6, 2018
I learned the packaging business. Manager is great, professional, and team oriented. Work can be stressful. I feel like there is no work/life balance.
Warehouse job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMarch 19, 2018
Work is nonstop and the hours can be unpredictable at times depending on the volume of freight. The pay is minimum wage, which I feel should be higher considering the required workload. It is very hot in the warehouse in the summertime.
Interesting production, clean, climate controlled
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Clinton, PAMarch 10, 2018
Interesting products, great people, great culture, and climate controlled and clean. Very detailed with job specifications. Must follow instructions on how to build kit exactly every time, to make sure customer is getting what they are requesting. Very interesting and good job experience. Good pay and health benefits. Recommend.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 7, 2018
Still a growing company needs better management, very unorganized. Not all employees are treated equal. Has potential to be a great company with better management.
Pros
Free end of the month lunches
Cons
Salary
.Great company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
great place to work.
small team but work hard and closely to get it done and grow revenue.

Most enjoyable part is learning the packaging industry; Most difficult part is controlling pricing rates to remain competitive.
Not the best company to work for in Houston yet but has potential.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I worked at Berlin Packaging for over 8 years. In the beginning it was a wonderful place to be before management changed. I stayed as long as I did with hopes things could/would improve.

This company isn't focused on honesty, integrity or improvements. The values are simple words on paper and not actively practiced by upper management. If you are not in the right "circle" things can be made difficult for you. Berlin has a very manipulative and stress filled environment. I originally thought this was a local issue only and that Andrew Berlin was not made aware. I was later proved wrong. I've had direct communications with Andrew about the issues along with other colleagues while employed there. I also expressed more details on my exit interview when I left, as did the others. (others = 60% of the staff that left the company) As of 2017 changes still have not been made.

When reading this, Please note that I am not a disgruntled employee. I left Berlin on great terms. I desire for them to be a great company once again. Honesty, integrity and change is the only way to get there.

Until that point is reached, I wouldn't want anyone to be sold on bells and whistles that are simply not true.

Hope you find this information helpful.
Best wishes.
Pros
Cross-Training, Paid time off, Great Services
Cons
Management, Pay, Environment, Professionalism, Growth, Integrity
Anything is Possible
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Everyday was something different, each customer was completely different from another and that was what made it fun and exciting!
Always learned something new!

Customers and Sales staff are great people that put everything into what they do every day!

Very fast paced, not always enough help to conquer the ever growing workload and not always support from immediate supervision to help in these situations.
Pros
Ability to make decisions based on the situation and act on them.
Cons
Direct supervisor played favorites and didn't treat everyone the same.
Fast paced
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 12, 2017
It is very fast paced and quite competitive when things do not go as planned. The job is not that complex once you understand the outdated programs but the work loaded and responsibility is plenty, even in the slow seasons.
Best move i made was to leave
Hazmat Manager (Former Employee) –  crafton paNovember 12, 2017
If your not in the good old boys club then your an out cast. Run by a kid who manages from the internet. Straight from retail to production. Has his yes men to maneuver around like puppets
Pros
chocolate bar for your bday, whoppeeee
Cons
cut throat
Berlin Packaging
Assembly, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, PAOctober 30, 2017
In my time there, there was a serious lack of communication. For instance the 14 year veteran made a mistake and management blames the temps for their mistakes.
Account Coordinator
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2017
Good company but not a lot of room for growth. Big changes have to be made at each individual branch for growth opportunity to happen. The company is very busy and doesn't really pay attention to the employees individual needs.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Room for growth
Not bad for a temp job
Temp worker for a packaging company (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 22, 2017
Be prepared to work the bosses want you to work fast they don’t provide good equipment to work with and that makes the job more difficult it ok for a temp job
Cons
They make you feel like you can and will be replaced
Inconsistency of leadership in managers of each business unit, lacks transparency
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2017
Once a forward thinking company with integrity managed by family leadership, now a distracted vision with no transparency driven by its financial investor group.
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five Lines of Business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), GEODIS manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.
Fun
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits. Great people. Clam relax work enviorment. Alot of rewards to work. Job Security/Advancement. great upper Management
Great Experience
Buyer (Current Employee) –  North EastApril 17, 2017
Company truly cares about their employees. Great work to life balance. Great Benefits. Company provides training, consistent reviews, goals and the tools to be successful.
Fast pace
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
A fast growing company, with a recent merger with an international company. My day entailed managing a busy desk. A lot of interaction with customers, customer service, and sales. However, if there was an interaction outside of the workload (i.e talking with a co-worker on their day/family) was not viewed as acceptable that resulted in minimal interaction among employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not family/teamwork oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berlin Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight