Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

friendly place to work
someone at Bermello (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2019
It is a great place filled with great friendly folks, however, Healthcare (if you have a large family) is one of the most expensive plans out there. The company only recognizes the employee, you have to carry the rest of your family members out of your pocket when salaries are not there to support you. It is a loose loose for most of us.
Pros
Very friendly people great team player spirit
Cons
Healthcare gets very expensive, company does not help to pay for family members
Great environment - not great compensation
associate (Current Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLFebruary 19, 2019
BA has a wonderful family environment which is staffed with great working professionals. Compensation is much to be desired though compared to other companies in the area.
Pros
Provide free food often
Cons
pay sucks
great atmosphere
Architectural Job Captain/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Great atmosphere at the Fort Lauderdale office. Good work personal balance. Management is good. Work atmoshere is fun to work, a lot of collaboration among peers
Employees are not appreciated
Employee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2018
From the outside it seems like a great place to work, the reality is that due to poor management, mid-level and new employees DO NOT have GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES. The employees’ age average is in the mid to late 50s, therefore the place is not ran as a merit-based company. Employees are rewarded based on SENIORITY AND NOT ON CAPACITY AND/OR PERFORMANCE. There are some GREAT people, but unfortunately, the bad ones OUTNUMBER the good ones.
Employees with 10+ years are only those that are either too old to start somewhere new, or lack true skills. Not everyone speaks English at B&A, however they are compensated above and beyond their performance because they are long lost family members or acquaintances, so they stick around.
Raises are usually done at the end of the year, and it is PENNIES on the HOUR.
Parking at the adjacent garage is paid by each employee ($150), many park on the streets which is also paid, but more economical. B&A offers ACCESS to a 401K plan; however, THEY DO NOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL. The only real benefit is health insurance, which most employees pay to upgrade, and it is costly and not worth it, because of high deductibles. Overall, do not expect much, converse with your colleagues and you’ll soon find out many positions are continuously being filled. People come and go as if on a revolving door. Once the veil falls from your eyes you soon realize, it is not a good place if you are a professional with a future. For me, it is time to move on…
Pros
Exposure to great projects
Cons
Toxic Environment
Not a pleasant work environment. I learned a lot while there.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
I went to work at Bermello Ajamil & Partners with no pre-conceived notions. I was not given any direction either. It was a sink or swim type of work environment. I got caught up in spending my own money for business development purposes.

You really had to find your own survival technique there.
Pros
Office was well-located
Cons
I was the only person doing business development and no one could give me help.
Big company , good projects, bad management, bad salary
Architect Designer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2017
It is a big company, the location is nice, good area, but you have to pay for parking, $150 per month, they don't match the 401K, the health insurance is really bad , expensive and doesn't cover anything, The salary is very low, you work overtime but they don't pay overtime, no Bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
Nice place to work, nice location
Cons
No 401K, work a lot of hours, no good salary, no place to grow
productive, nice culture
Project Accountant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2017
productive deadlines within reasonable time, work culture was enjoyable, benefits could have been better, management was fair, most enjoyable part of the job was the distance amount of time to travel
Great place to work - open office concept
Architect / Sr. Healthcare Designer /Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2017
Overall a really good place to work. The people are great and the feeling of family is very strong. I have worked there for 7 years now and have enjoyed my time.
Pros
Great people and leadership
Cons
Moving out of the market I would like to be in
Architectural / Engineering firm
Cadd Manager / Animator (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FL 33133April 11, 2017
It was a small firm when I began and I had a dramatic hand in taking them from a 2 million dollar a year firm to a 22 million dollar a year firm. I created all their interactive multimedia.
Pros
Creative latitude
Cons
Management shuffling created instability
excelent professional enviroment
Project Architect (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2012
Frendly place to work. The adminsitration cares for each individual, you are not a number working at B&A, you are part of the community of architects with a commun goal, serve and get teh jobe done no matter teh obstacules.
Very nice place to work
Job Captain - Interior Design Studio (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2012
I was working as a Job Captain for the ID studio (Interior Design Deparment)
Main Job was to develop construction documents and do construction administration for some interior renovation.
Pros
great place to be trained, free lunch, great benefits, excellents company owners
Cons
hr that share confident info
Look better than what it is....
Design Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlFebruary 17, 2012
When you walk in and interview - you feel great - awesome office, nice people, ownership is present... When you work here - not a moment goes by that big brother isn't watching you.