Berry Global, Inc logo

Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

Berry Global, Inc insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Found 1,653 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,733 reviews

Decent Company

I started as a packer and after about 4 months I got promoted to an Operator as well as recieving a 3 dollar raise. The work can be either really boring or really exhausting depending on which section you work. As far as with me some management and coworkers were dope and some seemed to have their own little circle and only lookout for themselves. Alot of gossip and drama between some people, just do your job and try to stay out the way and you should be fine. Also if you worked 12's you would be off Fri-Sunday every other week which was cool, unless they gave you mandatory overtime. Oh and it gets VERY HOT in the summer time.

Pros

Decent pay & raises and good benefits

Cons

Shady management and coworkers, and the heat

Production focused

Production is very important at Berry. Berry as a company has great company vision and core values. The issue is many in management at local plants are not sold into corporate standards. People are not really important and it shows with their high turn over. If you absolutely need a job, go apply. If you are looking for a long term career, I would suggest looking else where. They have a lot of potential, but would rather constantly hire outside than promoting from within. Tough to advance.

Pros

Reputable company

Cons

Short breaks, managenent un trustworthy

Boring place to work

It was very boring to me standing in one place so long the work was harder then I thought it would be in some areas I didn’t really like the job I liked getting paid weekly

It's not that great

Plant has closed! Due to restructuring. I'm glad it did tho. Poor quality, poor management. Operators were treated like dirt. Pmo tech wasn't treated much better. Techs were lazy and not very good.

Pros

It was a job

Cons

Everything else

Revolving door

You will bately learn a persons name before you end up seeing them replaced. Not a tereible company just poorly managed. There is opportunity here if someone can find it.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

No work/life balance

No room for advancement, close a blind eye to situations instead of addressing them, HR are not personable and they always claim to "busy" and cant take care of employee needs

Pros

Good pay for the job

Cons

no room for advancement

productive and fun work place

a good job but depending if its 8 or 12hrs be prepared to have some good shoes for the walking and standing.you will also learn a great deal working there good for character and learning manufacturing in general. the only thing really is depending if can handle the night shift its a bit hard to adjust your sleep schedule to.

No life and worked too much

I would say this would be a great job if you’re single and no kids but it’s very hard to have a life outside of Berry if you are in a relationship and have kids. The management doesn’t care about you or your mental health from working here. They could care less about production workers and only care about themselves and corporate.

Pros

Money

Cons

Management, overworked, no home life

No management !!!!

Great co-workers that’s the only reason I stayed as long as I did. The best advise I can give is to find somewhere else to work if u want to advance!!!!!

Pros

Coworkers - Hours

Cons

MANAGEMENT!!!!! Understaffed, worn out molds and machines

Most dramatic place i ever worked.

Overall I loved my job, I was a logistics hauler for almost 4 years. The job duties and functions were great. BUT to move up in the logistics department you, honestly any department. You will need to suck up to all of management. It doesn't matter how hard you have worked, how much training you have put into the department. This is the most dramatic group of higher and middle-managers I have yet to work with, nothing can be taken serious in this department (Product Logistics). I would have retired from Berry if it wasn't for it being in dire need of new management. If you can drive a forklift - just apply to be a material handler, you will be much happier.

Pros

Free meals, flexible breaks, great money

Cons

21 day schedule, no work-life balance, bad management

Jobs at Berry Global, Inc

See more jobs

Expect to work 6-7 days a week.

Management will constantly be on your back about anything. Leads will sit in break room or outside smoking. Only ones who do anything are the Techs. If you get hurt keep it to yourself. Cause after 15 years I filed a report on being hurt. Next thing I knew was being fired. This place is ran by a bunch of circus clowns.

Pros

None!!

Cons

Alot!! Good luck

Easy work, pretty good pay for good workers

Not a terrible place to work. I currently work 12 hr nights, which you will never get used to. Huge Multi billion dollar company. Located almost every where in the world. I’ve lived and worked here in three different states. Good job if you plan on traveling and trying out new places!

ok job but management tend to be stuck up and be a little controlling

if they don't like you what they will do is make it look like you can't do your job by putting you with someone who will not let you do the job if you want management attention by stocks in berry global under (nyse:bery) but beware it will put a target on your back put there by management

Pros

ok job

Cons

management have there favorites

Changes for the worse

Every time new ownership takes over there is always talk of how thing will improve. Have yet to notice these improvements. There is a steady decline in confidence in the long term viability of this company as a whole.

Pros

Love the people I work with.

Cons

Management is delusional and expects way too much given the limited resources provided.

Management was always around if in need of anything

They have a lot of production to be made. Coworkers are willing to help when you are in need of help. You can make some $$$. As long as you are doing your job no one is all over your back.

Decent

Work is pretty steady with all the overtime you want. This is due to being short staffed. Decent pay, but company company doesn’t follow its own safety policy when running short staffed. Often putting inexperienced people in places they shouldn’t be.

Pros

4 on 4 off

Cons

Management only worries about numbers

Operator assistant

Upper management is worst, only think about themselves, only their raise and benefits. They look down on production employees, they show us appreciation by giving us a cookie.

Pros

2-2-3 schedule

Cons

Only 2 30 min breaks for 12 hours and can't go out to car and no smoke area

The people

Nobody knows anything and takes responsibilities for their own act. And how this is manage and how the play favorites and they make good workers want to leave.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

The people

Constantly shorthanded

Pay is not great for the amount and physicality of the work, but there's lots of overtime available, often mandated, though you can refuse a limited number of times per attendance policy. High turnover among new hires - either people quit in a couple of weeks or stay for years. Great long term people though,

Not good

If you need money you can come for overtime and won’t have a life but if anything else of family or anything to with you personal life it’s going to drin you and not have it.

Easy work lots of hours

Expect to spend most of your days during the eeek working. However the pay and the benefits for the job are above average. Less of a stop gap job more of a long term fit.

Pros

High pay

Cons

Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Berry Global, Inc with

• Berry Global, Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?