Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,014 reviews matching the search See all 1,055 reviews
Worst company i have ever worked for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2019
The "group leaders" dont know what they are doing and hr is terrible. Heaven forbid u get hurt you wont get anything from them. They treat their employees like they are nothing and the health benefits are beyond expensive and dont cover jack.
Cons
Good if you don't have a life outside of work.
Operator/Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2019
They work you to death and make it known they can replace you at a moments notice. You never have time for your family as well. The pay was decent and the people are normally okay to work with. Management was poor.
good work experience
machine helper/packer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 12, 2019
Good work experience. I learned a lot. Management was good and helped out with training. The workplace culture was good and I really enjoyed my time on the job
Pros
all
Cons
taught me how plastic products were made
Machine operator 12 hour rotating shifts (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 9, 2019
very basic
demanding
boring
hardwork
dangerous climbing towers to set up machine
dangerous setting up rollers to wrap plastic
dangerously hot during the summer in side working next to machines that were 600 degrees
Pros
became friends with boss, trusted a little more
Cons
very little training, treated you with little respect
Management lacks skills
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Macedon, NYMarch 9, 2019
Most managers are promoted because of seniority rather than skill. Preferential treatment given to friends.
The work is challenging and interesting. Shifts are 12 hour with some overtime. Schedule is 3-2-2.
Some discrimination toward older workers, who are at the top of their pay grades.
Pros
Challenging and intresting work
Cons
Management discrimination
What to even say.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 7, 2019
You never knew what you were going come into when you came in. You could leave and all the lines are running fine and the floor is cleaned up and night shift would have 2-4 lines down and the floor just a disaster. I did learn quite a bit about the job and all the different departments.
Fair place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 7, 2019
I would have stayed except the rotating schedule made it hard to keep a babysitter and find a facility for the overnight hours I was working. Other than that it was a very fair job
terrible place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJMarch 6, 2019
one of the worst places ive ever worked. management seems to regularly be fighting safety dept and making other terrible choices based on bad information.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
terrible work environment
It was a fun place to work, although management was not the best.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 4, 2019
I don’t have a lot to say when it comes to this job, but what I can say is there is good people that work there but there is a lot of biased coworkers and it can get hectic between others.
Productive and stabled workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCMarch 4, 2019
The work is stabled and not stressful. You have help on demand when you ask. Also you can time your own breaks. Another good thing is you can work at your own pace.
Pros
Eat at your station
Cons
At a demand for help
The job is a job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2019
Cool job for someone with no family. The job would be great if they would adapt to change and listen to new voices. Management is like talking to a brick wall if your opinion isn’t inline with theirs.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, senior employees don’t take direction well
Low wage, expensive insurance
Extrusion Packer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 3, 2019
The wage is low in comparison to other areas in a 30 mile radius. The insurance is expensive and not that great. You can advance in your department, but that's pretty much the only option. The wage doesn't rise with the cost of living. Employees who barely do anything get paid the same as the ones who go above and beyond.
Pros
The bonuses are fairly nice
Cons
Low wage, expensive insurance
Great environment
Berry Plastics (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAMarch 2, 2019
Berry helped me out in so many ways I loved this job. Living in the Griffin Area it wasn’t easy finding a job, but I got closer to my father and he introduced me there. He’s been working there for 10 years!
Pros
As many cigarettes breaks you need, fast paced
Cons
N/a
Good environment
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMarch 1, 2019
A job you can enjoy. I worked 3 shift and I had to leave but it’s a great job. I would love to go back but for the time being I rather look for something else.
It's a Job
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2019
I run into a lot of dumping per se.. It seems my department in particular isn't team oriented. In some departments there are not any opportunities to grow, and I feel that is very unfortunate.
Good place to work in the Evansville IN area.
Sales Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 27, 2019
Berry Global is a fortune 400 company which makes the work environment fast paced. We have multiple product lines so there are many areas to chose from. Overall Berry is a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Horrible culture for a big company
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 24, 2019
Managers suck, training is horrible, they move you around and expect you to teach yourself nobody listens machines dont run efficiently ever .working on holidays is bs on god. Favoritism is shown amongst managers, alot of kiss assing from employees, after i finish school or find some better im out of there
Pros
Health ins for my kid
Watch out
Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYFebruary 24, 2019
Decent work place spent 4 years didnt mind the work. Managment on the other hand was poor hold grudges write you up for anything and everything extremely unprofessional. Decent pay but expected you to live there. Dont expect much advancement in your career if I had it to start over wouldn't have walked in the door knowing what I know now and very easy to have a life changing injury there they preach safety unless it gets in the way of production glad I've moved on.
Pros
Good pay
fast paced but relaxed
Blow Molding Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 21, 2019
unable to keep production running due to either inability to keep materials in the plant, lack of operators or constant breakdowns. high turnover rate.
Pros
work 7 days out of 14
Cons
have to deal with malfunctioning equipment rather than fixing the problem
Productive, easy to learn.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 21, 2019
It was a good place to work, I had to leave because I had received to many points. I was not told how many points I had or how I could work off the ones I received.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Berry Global, Inc.

Powered by Comparably