Berry Global, Inc

Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

United States1,357 reviews
Found 1,357 reviews matching the search
Pay rate
You start off at 11.00 an hour 12 hours shifts 3 days one week and 4 days one week. Work sweat and then look at your check and wonder why did I start this job. But you do get a raise after you finish 400 hours that's 2 and a half months and a slim chance of getting company.
Great to work for!
The company works quickly to make sure you're trained and your co-workers and managers are willing to help you if you need it! They have great communication throughout all levels of staff!
Worst plastics company ever
Don't work here, poor management. Too many silly company rules to follow. No room to work in machines, very old worn out machines, can't get parts to repair downed machines. Great co workers!!!
Great pay
Great company to work for, management is good and sometimes the heat is bad. Building a quality product. Culture there is pretty awesome. Learned a lot about plastic products.
Beware
Had to work an unpaid internship there as a course requirement. Did not learn a thing, other than cleaning up oil spills because all of their equipment leaked.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Going to be around for a long time.
Pretty good job. 1 thing I like is you can write your own paycheck if you are wanting to work. Or you can work your schedule. Hardest thing is the swing shifts.
Good managment
Good people and management
3 Days in week

Very relaxing work.

Working in good environment.

Friendly workplace

Good enjoyable job

Mold set up learning
They are very understanding and helpful they make sure u are progressing in whatever u are trying to acomplish. There is always room to move up
They always want u to communicate and be honest if they can help you they will. They train you very well and make sure you are ready before leaving u alone
Decent pay. Insurance is horrible...
Berry does not care for you as an operator, or any other production employee. Work for 14 days and get 2 days off. As Covid is going on, you will not get your 8 hours a day. They harass employees about their social distancing, but expect you to sit in on their meaningless meetings every Wednesday. Their management positions are filled with people with 30 years or more on the job (which isnt a bad thing) but you have to remember that Berry has gone through some extreme changes since they went public (investor owned) and those 30+ yr people really had nothing else as far as experience goes, so they had to bite the bullet and accept some very big losses financially while being squeezed mentally and physically for every drop the company can drain you for. As a production operator, you are going to deal with several "lead men" (contradictory name because they are complacent and will make the job as operator VERY difficult because they are to lazy to do theirs). I went in to my job at Berry with the ideal that I would work hard, move up and find a place where I would be satisfied with the kind of work I did. Instead, I worked hard, did a good job and got stuck in my position because they couldnt lose one of the few operators that had a work ethic. There are some difficult machines there, and IF you show them you have the drive and ability to learn them and work them correctly, you will find yourself being replaced on an easier machine (by a slug operator) so you can cover a more difficult one when people take early outs. These are facts as I see them. I quit the job after - more...
Ignore the negative vibes
Everyone there had a job to do!Its very fast paced and nobody really helps the other.We all just here for a paycheck.They fire people left and right.No need to go there with the thought of moving up because they don’t let anyone advance if they ain’t Hispanic.They are very racist and to work here you need thick skin!Im a female (black) trust me it’s rough!Get the money though that’s all they’re good for!
Pros
They care about safety
Cons
They care about safety and that’s it
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Berry Global, Inc?
Slop Management
Communication would be big step in the right direction for this place. There seems to be none between the managers and the rest of us. The current management with the exception of the Production, Safety and QC managers do not know how to talk to people.

No one seems to want to do anything about the attendance issue. You should only be able to have a total of 9 points and then you are terminated but certain people here have several points way up into the double digits and almost 3 digits. Others see this abuse of the point system and see nothing is done to this person so they start abusing this system as well. This creates a lot of chaos especially on the weekends. People seem to call off a lot on the weekend and no extra support is given.

Also, not all shifts are created equal. There is TOO much favoritism here. When the bully of a plant manager sits in his office all day and watches the security footage of everyone in the break room but only says something to one shift and not the other 3, which is a problem. There are no signs whatsoever in or outside of the building stating that you are being watched on camera. The same plant manager also likes to berate the molding supervisors by playing little games with them by pitting one against the other. If one supervisor turns in numbers below the expectation of one he’ll make sure and tell them how much belter the other supervisor did. We all work at the same place an do the same thing, no one should be treated differently. Last year it just so happened that a certain shift’s days fell on about 90% of the holidays and that
 - more...
Pros
Not too many
Cons
favoritism, planet manager is a bully, too many people smoke
Pay
The hours was good the pay is good only problem it was just cold but they have to have it cold in there benefits was really good everyone got along they took care of you on holidays paid you on time
Well established company
Working at corporate, shows you the big picture how a big company like Berry effects the world with it’s many products. Has many opportunities if you look for them.
I love my job at Berry Global.
I love my job but since the coronavirus they closed the side i worked on and now im waiting for a call to go back to work just have to figure something out til they call me back
Horrible place to work
The work is easy, but management and Hispanics make the job hard and frustrating! Hr is terrible! Allows racism and favoritism, if you complain about the Hispanics to hr, they will say you’re the problem. They don’t care about what’s right or wrong as long as the Hispanics are happy. Turn over rate is High because of this. The only way you move up is if you kiss their behind. This only applies if you’re BLACK!
Don't waste your time
Accidents all the time, your a number here that isn't worth much, people come and go, don't even bother learning names. People loosing fingers and the worst part is if you have a family emergency you can still get fired. Your late your fired. Mother is in the hospital? Don't care your suspended don't waste your time, they hook you with the overtime and when it come times for a raise if your not family or friend(snitch). You only get a .25 cents raise and when new hires come around they get paid the same as you
have a positive attitude
The work is continuous, Breaks are good. Make sure that you are in an area that fits your back round, and qualifications. Production lines run continuously at a fast past. I was unhappy there working through a temporary service. I would have loved to got hired through the company as an machine operator.
17 hour
When things get tough people throw you under the bus union tries their best but in the end the company intimidates them never seen a company where the union works for the company makes you feel like you’re gonna lose the battle anyway
Overall good hours decent pay
So overall I believe it's a good company they treat people fair. Very structured you know what's expected of you so you can perform to the best of your ability.
an ok place to earn a living.
go to work, work my shift, go home. a work day is typically ok. I perform my duties as a packer to the best of my capability. I work well with my co-workers, and we try our best to help each other out as much as possible.
Good job
Been working at Berry Global now almost 3 years and it's been great. Supervisors leave a little to be desired but other than that it's great.I would recommend this job for anyone needing a secure position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Co-workers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight