Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 964 reviews matching the search See all 1,004 reviews
Always Advancing
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 17, 2018
Corporate employees are more interested in self promotion and will always blame the plant level associate or any other employee for a mistake or problem.

Benefits are terrible with very poor health insurance. HR will not support the employee in any case with any outside company or internal complaint.

Berry pretends to be all inclusive but actively works to exclude people with disabilities, those who do not speak English as a first language, and those of a different gender from the CEO and the majority of management.
Cons
Insurance, Corporate programs, long hours
Fast paced, packing, printing, forming
Print Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lecompton, KSSeptember 10, 2018
This is a fast paced production based warehouse. I worked in the printing department operating a machine to print images on to plastic containers. (Such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Arby's drinking cups.) I would make sure the image quality was proper, the machine had ink, wash the machine interiors to prevent poor image quality, adjust machine accordingly to achieve target pieces/hour and image quality simultaneously. This job is a good place to work if you like warehouse work the pay could be a little better and management could be more involved. Overall this is a warehouseman for you for have a expectation to complete your job close to the target and limit scrapping cups with poor image quality. Benefits are expensive and don't cover a lot they aren't worth it.
Pros
3 breaks 2 of which are paid, Paid training, Air conditioned warehouse(print department only), Pay is Ok
Cons
Low Pay, Benefits, Active Management, Coworker work ethic
Over all not horrible
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, OHSeptember 23, 2018
The pay is decent for the job that is required. Lots of benefits available. Management is so stressed out that most have an attitude. Seniority means nothing with this company. Someone who starts today could be treated better than someone who has worked here for years, and vice versa. I tell my trainees to ignore the drama, just do your job and go home. Don’t let anyone get to you and you will last a long time with this company.
Pros
Good pay, nice people (non management), job security, benefits, safe
Cons
Breaks too short, management
Corporate management poor
Employee ... (Current Employee) –  Mountaintop paSeptember 1, 2018
Facility going downhill and corporate doesn't seem to want "right"the ship. Berry bought facility from AEP and went downhill after. Berry let go of a lot of senior staff (and experience) after they came in. Also lost of benefits that they do not see as losses, they say you have sick time but don"t be sick to much, you get vacation but corporate does not monitor to see if you get it or not. Only paid holidays are if you work that day you may get it off. They always talk about safety, but seems more about profit.
Pros
Dental and healthcare
Cons
Poor staffing at all levels, no plans to fix
Long hrs. Inexperienced workers
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Management has no idea how to run a plant day to day. Employee morale consistently went down due to terrible decisions made by management. HR is a joke never there and. Always working on personal business when should be working on company business. Open ended promises
Benefits
Berry Global
EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 26, 2018
Challenging environment with multi level opportunities for advancement. Great team environment and mentorship program that encourages employees to seek guidance from members of management..
Pros
Autonomous management positions
Cons
Compensation
Steady work, many hours, great benefits
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCOctober 17, 2018
Berry Global is a brilliant company to work for that values collaborative efforts and problem solving. Their benefits are fantastic, they are a great company to work for as long as uou are willing to work many hours and overtime.
Pros
Benefits, great work environments, advancement
It wasn’t a difficult job by far. Just didn’t like the pay rate.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 21, 2018
I had no problem with the every day processes of the plant. Just felt like the opportunity for advancement was more challenging and the pay compensation was below satisfactory lines, for the duties being performed.
Pros
Offered lots of hours
Cons
Low pay rate
Basic Factory
Set-up Operator (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 16, 2018
Typical factory
Set up machine, troubleshoot
stressful when things don't go right.
Some days you might miss your breaks, others you will have extra.
Decent compensation at my location due to the union.
No mandatory overtime.
Not much room for advancement unless you've been there 5+ years.
Starting off on nights 3-5 years.
Half the year off but your days off are ruined from working nights.
Pros
Decent pay, slow days you don't do much.
Cons
Hot, factory enviroment, high stress, advancement opportunities, night shift
Flexible company that rewards go getters
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 7, 2018
Main focus at the company is safety. They look out for you. After safety comes efficiency, that's where Berry is improving every day giving you the tools to succeed. There is the ability to move up to a point but the pay is about average.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours for salary
Cons
Low pay, difficult to move up
Safety first company with good benefits
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 6, 2018
I worked with a great group of people and had great benefits. Berry (Mankato) is a great place to work with recent management changes. After my position was eliminated we were encouraged to apply for open positions. If a position of interest opens I would most likely apply.
Pros
pay, team building, vacation time
Cons
job security, dumpy facility
Love it
Production Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 20, 2018
Working for this company was honestly the greatest achievement of my life. Great hourly and salary pay for all. They treated you like a human being instead of a slave. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a career.
my Personal Opinion
orderly condition and a safe work environment (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at berry is sometimes stressful and nerve wrecking. Sometime the management skills are not carefully thought through. I think the employee's are under paid.
Pros
Bonus, raise every year, celebrations
Cons
Management, pay
Was my favorite Job ever
Lining Operator (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 3, 2018
To be truthful it was the best place I ever worked, I had to move out of state. The management were hard but fair, if you worked then they were good to you, if you were someone who would turn their machine off and start talking your head off to others then you wouldnt be around long. The salary starts off more then minimum wage and increases steadily yearly, and the insurance you get is top of the line. I 100% recommend this job and wish I could go back to it lol
Pros
great pay and great coworkers
Cons
12 hour shifts
I enjoy working here
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2018
Its a nice atmosphere and management seems to be strict but respected. Seems to have a lot if opportunity for growth and advancement with this company.
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks. Raises every 6 months
Cons
Not enough hours
Absolutely horrible.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  StreetsboroNovember 1, 2018
Did not care for employees or their family issues. I have a daughter with a very low immune system, creating doctors visits continuously, never being granted to take care of my daughter. I have a diabetic husband who severely struggles with maintaining a balanced blood sugar. I asked for a day off to take care of him due to almost going into what you call a diabetic coma and if not treated quickly can lead to possible death. I asked on multiple occasions for my FMLA papers and never received. I was then fired due to my husband almost slipping into one and needed to take him to the emergency room immediately. His blood sugar was at 1000. Meaning his blood would turn to poison. Management never cared and always racial and verbally abuses me with the “white privileged” I was white so that automatically made me wrong and shut me down on everything. I was never granted the pay time off that I asked for they gave me whatever days they wanted. Pay was okay but for working 20-30 hours 7 days a week never had extra money to take care of extra Necessities Like doctor visits or the emergency room visits. I never had time for my family anymore. I was not allowed a life out of Barry global. When being fired I was not talked to face to face like a human they left me a voicemail stating I was no longer and employee cause I cared more for my family. I rarely asked for days off unless it was absolutely critical. EXTREMELY RACIST!!!
Pros
Benefits only
Cons
Everything else. No one had any moral support for their over worked employees
Good company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 4, 2018
Good company. Long hours. Company is very large and engineering is available for assistance. Benefits are ok. Company communicates well with employees.
Productive, good company.
Shrinker operator, packer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYDecember 6, 2018
Clean place to work, friendly people to work with, air conditioning environment, paid training. Paid brakes and lunch, good benefits. Good pay, work a lot of overtime
Pros
Good pay, free brakes and lunch
Cons
No days off to spend with family
the weekend shift was great
Inspector and Hand Packager (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDDecember 15, 2018
the weekend shift was great for those that needed the week off for other reasons the work was not hard or stressful the hours were long and the breaks didn't seem to help
Pros
good days
Cons
no benefits
Overall good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 27, 2018
It’s an overall good place to work. I received several promotions during my tenure there. Great annual training which allotted for expansion of skills
Pros
Salary schedule training
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Berry Global, Inc.

Powered by Comparably