Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

no ay respecto
personal produsio (Former Employee) –  Monte Vista, CA chinoNovember 11, 2018
derechos humanos no respectan gente seburlan maltratan les ase mas caso operadores y 2 manañer no se vale te castican dien k boluntaramente te vas pero te corren del trabajo
Pros
malo muy caro
Cons
no mas te andan gritando
Flexible company that rewards go getters
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 7, 2018
Main focus at the company is safety. They look out for you. After safety comes efficiency, that's where Berry is improving every day giving you the tools to succeed. There is the ability to move up to a point but the pay is about average.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours for salary
Cons
Low pay, difficult to move up
Great work place
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 5, 2018
A typical day of work for me consisted of creating SolidWorks drawings for mechanical parts. I learned about automation within a manufacturing setting. This companies culture is great.
Poor management.poor insintuves
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pryor Creek, OKNovember 5, 2018
Long shifts very hot work no compensationthey really have poor managers.they do not care about employees,all they care about is production.have seen a lot of heat strokes
Pros
Time off
Cons
The heat
Good company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 4, 2018
Good company. Long hours. Company is very large and engineering is available for assistance. Benefits are ok. Company communicates well with employees.
It's a pretty much easy job for me but its has it's pros and cons but i dont really let much bother me I just do my job.
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LANovember 3, 2018
My typical day at work is making trash bags I am a Senior Operator at a plastic company. I come in and run the orders that are scheduled. I do bag checks every two hours and pull the bins when the order is completed. I get out breaks 3 times a day cutting sheeting on a 163 winder take the roll off the winder and then box it and stack it on a pallet. I've learned to just take care of business by developing a good work ethic and learning to work more safely. The management is complained about but I really have nothing bad to say I get alone with everyone I'm more focused on what task I have to do. The environment is mostly warm must have steel toe, wear glasses and ear buds. The hardest part about the jobs is working with a machine that doesn't run right or when lines keep going down and you have to keep bring them up. The thing I enjoy the most is being appreciated for my work
Pros
can get 60 hours weekly
Cons
short breaks
Absolutely horrible.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  StreetsboroNovember 1, 2018
Did not care for employees or their family issues. I have a daughter with a very low immune system, creating doctors visits continuously, never being granted to take care of my daughter. I have a diabetic husband who severely struggles with maintaining a balanced blood sugar. I asked for a day off to take care of him due to almost going into what you call a diabetic coma and if not treated quickly can lead to possible death. I asked on multiple occasions for my FMLA papers and never received. I was then fired due to my husband almost slipping into one and needed to take him to the emergency room immediately. His blood sugar was at 1000. Meaning his blood would turn to poison. Management never cared and always racial and verbally abuses me with the “white privileged” I was white so that automatically made me wrong and shut me down on everything. I was never granted the pay time off that I asked for they gave me whatever days they wanted. Pay was okay but for working 20-30 hours 7 days a week never had extra money to take care of extra Necessities Like doctor visits or the emergency room visits. I never had time for my family anymore. I was not allowed a life out of Barry global. When being fired I was not talked to face to face like a human they left me a voicemail stating I was no longer and employee cause I cared more for my family. I rarely asked for days off unless it was absolutely critical. EXTREMELY RACIST!!!
Pros
Benefits only
Cons
Everything else. No one had any moral support for their over worked employees
plastics bottles fast paced production
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IANovember 1, 2018
world class facility, fast paced ,clean environment to work in, opportunities to advance for skilled employees, 12 hr rotating shifts
point system for absence and tardy
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
long days
Typical workday
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 30, 2018
A typical day consist of inspecting pill bottles for shipment. I learned to be precise and pay attention to detail. Management was trust-worthy. Workplace culture had a positive attitude. The hardest part of my job was the amount of work at times seemed overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my supervisor was in another building and sent my assignments daily via email.
Pros
Worked around few people in warehouse setting
Cons
Hot.
Very easy but boring work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AROctober 30, 2018
Stable work but 12 hour shifts. High turnover at the entry level so production rarely runs smoothly due lack of experience on the line. Lots of temp employees
Pros
stable work place, set schedule, every other weekend off, safety
Cons
12 hour shifts
Berry
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 26, 2018
Typical job experience. Expected to work hard and be accountable for my work.

Felt that if I worked hard then it would be rewarded fairly.

Would recommend working here.
terrible work environment
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IAOctober 25, 2018
Back stabbing and going out of someones way to make another persons job harder seems to be a normal day/night. 12 hour nights and rotating days off are terrible for a home life
Pros
good money and 2 bonus a year
Cons
back stabbing and threats seem to be encouraged.
Best Job I ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 24, 2018
Absolutely phenomenal job. Best job I have ever had. Left to relocate to different area. Wish I could have continued to work this job after I moved
Hated it.
Laminate Set Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 22, 2018
Full of back stabbers. Plus they had me working seven days a week up to twenty one days in a row. One day off then back to your twenty one days again.
It wasn’t a difficult job by far. Just didn’t like the pay rate.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 21, 2018
I had no problem with the every day processes of the plant. Just felt like the opportunity for advancement was more challenging and the pay compensation was below satisfactory lines, for the duties being performed.
Pros
Offered lots of hours
Cons
Low pay rate
Steady work, many hours, great benefits
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCOctober 17, 2018
Berry Global is a brilliant company to work for that values collaborative efforts and problem solving. Their benefits are fantastic, they are a great company to work for as long as uou are willing to work many hours and overtime.
Pros
Benefits, great work environments, advancement
Terrible work/life balance
Press Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 17, 2018
I loved my job in the beginning. It was a great place to work, 7 years ago. But the culture has completely changed, and doesn’t line up with the views of the company’s employees anymore. If you have a life outside of Berry, it’s like pulling teeth to get them to work with you on things such as FMLA and time off. After returning to work from maternity leave, because they wouldn’t work with my schedule, I had to drop down from leadership to an operator to get dayshift.
I’ve recommended so many people, and I won’t ever again.
Health of employees
Production auditor, Acct payable, purchasing (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2018
Berry offered discounted health insurance rates based on fitness goals.Once per year a healthcare rep would come to company to draw blood, do vision checks and overall health assessment.
Pros
Employee recognition programs
Cons
Overwhelming hours at times
Management is very critical.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 15, 2018
Management needs to ease up on written warnings. This is one of the dirtiest and unorganised places I have every worked. Working hours were good and I was able to get unpaid time off.
Pros
Pay was good. Able to get unpaid time off
Cons
Hot and dirty work environment.
Hard work but I had wonderful opportunity to be a part of successful HR team
Training & Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHOctober 12, 2018
First opportunity to work with Fortune 500 company. Make a difference in diversity and inclusion. Learn all about ISO-9000. Wonderful and highly successful company
Pros
Fornune 500 company
Cons
I had to leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Berry Global, Inc.

Powered by Comparably