Bessemer Trust Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
productive and friendly environment
Client Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 29, 2018
Very friendly co-workers who help with any problem or question you may have. Superiors are very fleible and do not hesitate to assist with any and all problems as well as provide insight as to how to tackle problems individually.
Highly recommended and worthwhile experience working in a corporate environment
Event Planning Associate/Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
More learning through hands-on experience than training due to constant busy environment. Expect to work long hours which are compensated through annual salary, benefits and end of year bonus. That being said, any working weekends are not recompensed without approval. There is rarely any work-life balance although the firm practices. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn new skills, contribute new ideas and processes and to work with a great team who bring an array of experience to the table on group projects.
Pros
Benefits; great teamwork
Cons
Long hours; no work-life balance
Custody Asset Transfer - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 1, 2018
The people at Bessemer whether its management or subordinates were very friendly and supportive. I am currently working at Bessemer under contract hopefully to be retained permanently.
Pros
Travel - close to home
Cons
Process on hiring permanent
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMarch 8, 2018
overall good need more work /life balance. Compensation is OK,
Benefit is OK; good people and people stay long time in the company. little space to grow.
Great benefits but management needs to improve
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Fantastic benefits and some very bright colleagues. Management is ok. Hierarchy, favoritism, and politics run rampant at Bessemer. Still stuck in the 90's and hasn't adapted to the current times.
Benefits
Cons
Low salary, politics
A wonderful place to work
Senior Imaging clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
This company is a very family friendly.
They want you to succeed and reach your daily goals.
The benefits are unmatched.
The best job I have ever worked.
Great environment
Margin Analyst/Collateral Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 24, 2016
Bessemer Trust is a very family oriented firm. Everyone whom I had the pleasure of working with was always a team player. After working there for 10 years I considered my co-workers like family. Bessemer's unique trading strategies and prestige clients was beyond beneficial to me I have gained an extreme amount of knowledge while working for them over the years. Bessemer's reputation is known for service with excellence and at times it was challenging to maintain an error free desk when the work load was altered, but we always manage to get it done by working together as a team by checking one another's work which left minimal room for an oversight , as well as lending a co-worker a hand when needed. Doing so we accomplished what needed to be done timely and efficiently.
Pros
Free medical, Profit sharing and Pleasant environment
Cons
I moved from Jersey to Long Isand which made my commute extremly difficult
Good people
VICE PRESIDENT, TAX MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Good people who care. Salaries is not outstanding. Good work life balance (outside of tax season). Progressive management. Good benefits.
An intense workday though challenging and interesting
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJSeptember 8, 2015
An intense workday though challenging and interesting, Got to learn a lot about finance and the whole process of trading.
Great people
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2015
Great work environment and great people to work with. Learned a great deal about corporate event planning and marketing.
Traditional Financial
Oracle Database Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 27, 2015
Good place to work for a reliable and traditional setting.
There is a good work life balance. There are good benefits (3 weeks vacation from the start, 4 weeks by your third year).
The office is like a family.
Great Place
Assistant Supervisor/Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Bessemer Trust is a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Very fast-pace, professional enviornment
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2014
It is a very fast pace, professional environment. Every person plays a part in the overall organization's success, no matter how high or low the employee's job title is. Most of the time, you execute many tasks outside of your role.

It's a great atmosphere to be a part of.
Great company to work for
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 15, 2014
Loved the last 8 years of employment with Bessemer, but things got tuff and some lay offs were a choice by upper management.
Pros
Work/life balance, cutlure, challanging enviroment
Fun place to work.
Bank Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 11, 2014
Great coworkers and great management.Great place to work.
Pros
Easy 9 to 5 job.
Cons
None.
Great Marketing Team
Consultant, SVP, Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2014
Great Company. People are great to work with and the Marketing Team is exceptional.
Good place to start and learn some basics about the industry
Custody Associate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 23, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Bessemer. I learned a lot regarding the basics of the business.
Fantastic Experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Bessemer Trust is a Wealth Management Firm, they manage wealth for millionaires and billionaires. I had the opportunity to use my current skills, while learning new skills, I learned all about event planning, I was trained by their event planner from the NY office. I was met a lot of people that I probably would not have met otherwise.
Pros
i was given the opportunity to work for a fantastic, reputable firm
Cons
i no longer work there
Temporary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2012
Temporary position. I electronically perpared and edited customer files. Processed daily mail. Answered the phones. Data entry.