Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 17,533 reviews matching the search See all 17,868 reviews
Fun place to work
GWW (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYJuly 22, 2018
It’s s place you can always go and not hate working, provides a fun, quick passed environment for everybody. Ages range from alll over. Has a very diverses work place
Pros
Free lunches
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company but when I was ready and trained to advance in the company I was held back by my supervisor for her mistakes as a horrible higher up.
great first job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 22, 2018
I enjoyed what I was doing at best buy. I was selling smart home equipment to customers. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. the job consisted of a lot of walking and talking to customers to figure out what they needed or wanted.
Fun place
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 22, 2018
Fun place when store manager wasn't involved. Good discount. I work part time in the warehouse. I enjoyed the people I worked with in the backroom and on the salesfloor.
Pros
Discount, Flexible
Cons
Store Manager tried to divide certain people who was friends and got a long.
Best Buy
Mobile Sales (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 21, 2018
Mobile section of the store was great thought me about customer service and all the different phone carriers so if ever in the future decided to jin one team I had the knowledge.
Great starting job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 21, 2018
This is a great first job, or maybe even second. I started here at a very young age and it taught me the foundations of how business are ran. Don't expect a whole lot going into a place like this.
Pros
You are around new tech all day
Cons
Retail hours, pay
Very fun place to work where you can be yourself and also learn life and leadership skills
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 21, 2018
I would recommend Best Buy to anyone who wants to learn a sales job and advance into management. They offer a great training program for people without any leadership experience
More Motivation for Employees Needed
Front Lane Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 21, 2018
Management had hard time to motivate employees to keep them on track. Poor scheduling lead to dissatisfied employees who were eager to work during the busy holiday season.
Geek Squad Manager (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAJuly 21, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind people. Learned a lot about what a good workplace culture looks like there. The people you work with are the best part of the job.
Great place to work for anyone
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 21, 2018
Best buy has taught me a lot about business and technology. I can recommend this company to work at for pretty much anyone. Depending on the store that you work at, management can be really fun to converse with.
Great place to work for the most part
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALJuly 21, 2018
Assistant Manager (who is in charge of sales) makes it very clear that you have to meet your quotas (even though you don't make commission). It doesn't matter if you win all of the contests and always make your quota. They push people to the point to where they don't want to try anymore.
However, the job itself is fun if you don't make it serious. The people are great and the job is easy if you do it.
Pros
Discounts are great! Also, 401K, insurance, Pto, etc.
Cons
Management is not the best.
It's a meh job
Geek Squad Agent (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 21, 2018
This is an alright temp job but if you're looking for a career, you need to have a manager or higher position. It's a fine place to learn a lot of different skills. The cons are just going to outweigh the pros.
Pros
Bonuses for good surveys and revenue, easyish job, laid back
Cons
Few hours, no opportunity to advance, different hours each week, poor management, unnecessary tasks, negativity when not reaching budget
I loved working for best buy
Geek squad repair technician (Current Employee) –  59 north BroadwayJuly 20, 2018
Best buy has a friendly work environment and there is many chances to grow in the company .. the compensation is fair and the discounts are a bonus...
Pros
Discounts and opportunity to grow
Cons
Training
Fun place to work & learn about technology.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJuly 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Best Buy. It was fun & exciting. I learned a lot about different types of electronics. It was a short job, but it definitely made an impact.
Fast-paced and fun
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJuly 20, 2018
I am a Merchandising Specialist and while this is a fast-paced job especially around the holidays, we all have fun working together to accomplish our tasks.
Overall
Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
Best buy has been my employer of choice half of my life. Best buy continues to learn from its employees. The future is based on development, and talking about what's possible.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun and professional place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 20, 2018
Best buy was a fun place to work, the employees as well as the customers were all very nice. Loved how it did not feel like a job, and everyone helped each other when necessary. Although there many employees kin different sections of the store everyone seemed to know and respect each other.
Pros
Friendly and professional
Cons
Best Buy pretends to follow a mission, but doesn't
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 20, 2018
seen a lot of employees come and go because of not feeling valued. Management picks their favorites, and is very clear that the rest of the employees are disposable.
Pros
good coworkers, lots of people to make friends with
Cons
no advancement, bad management
Repetitive and easy work
Merchandising Specialist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 20, 2018
Easy work, always busy with something. Warehouse people were cool. Management sucks but it is what it is. Came in early mornings which I liked because you leave early in the day.
Great Company
Advanced Repair Agent, Geek Squad (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2018
Really enjoyed my time working at Best Buy. Would recommend working in this job especially for anyone trying to get their foot in the door in technology. Got my first tech job working at Geek Squad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K
46.3K
34K
21.1K

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Buy.

Powered by Comparably