Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 22,029 reviews matching the search See all 22,843 reviews
Featured review
Best Buy selected this as a representative review
Great Experience
MULTI-CHANNEL SALES ASSOCIATE/ PHONE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 26, 2019
It was a pleasure to have an oppertunity to work at Best Buy. I learned many new skills, and I spoke to different people every day. Such an amazing experience,
Productive fun work environment for those into tech
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 19, 2019
Clock in and make sure the store looks in order. Greet any customer walking around and assist as needed. I learned how to close sales much more effectively by setting up a time in the future to get back with them. Management is helpful and motivating. Respect is common throughout the workplace. Hardest part of the job is selling a product you are not familiar with such as new tech washers and dryers, but most of these items are push to start with optional bells and whistles. The most enjoyable part of this job is closing a sale and seeing a customer leave with a look of a successful purchase rather than one they might regret.
Wasn't on the job long
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 19, 2019
For GeekSquad. At-home work that paid very little and very time consuming. Worked as a contractor and was released from the contract nationally with no forewarning.
Productive fun workplace-Needs better Management
Store Design and Planning Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJune 19, 2019
Fun Place to work, Management could have been better. The culture of Best Buy was work hard, play hard. It was a great starting place for my career in design
it was an average retail work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJune 19, 2019
They were about an average work place, though I had to deal with a management team that were friends first, so when I had an issue I had no-one in the store to go to, it ended up costing me my job. I loved my job it was just sad that because of pettyness I lost it.
Fun workplace
Mobile Sales/Home Theater Consultant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 19, 2019
The culture at the store i worked at was great. It was baseball themed and the General Manager was always enthusiastic about working. I learned a lot of valuable skills there that allowed me to progress in my professional career.
Lack of leader ship thru out the company
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 19, 2019
Lots of favoritism thru out the company instead of finding out the right talent.
They have the worst HR department. They preach to be engage and provide your concern but nobody do a thing about.
It was an okay place to work
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 19, 2019
Management always played favoritism for certain employees. They promised promotion opportunities but never followed through on their promises. Management at the time was very unorganized and have done very underhanded things such as stealing, following false protocol that they claimed that was part of the policy.
Slow and unsatisfactory
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 18, 2019
Management picks favorites and makes you feel like an outcast. Cuts hours dramatically especially if one of their "favorites" needs them. They supply basic training (mostly policies and rules) and all the other knowledge you need to know to perform the job is just expected of you to know (i.e. computer programs and proper processing of items) if you ask how to do something you will be told not to worry about it and be given a much simpler task, only to be ridiculed later for not performing the task you had no clue how to do. Over all a repetive job that always has you wondering what form of punishment you will receive for not being a favorite.
Pros
Easy work, comforming policies
Cons
Favortism, slow pace, poor hours
They do not care about your life. You are hired and you must work any hours they give you even when you have set an availability
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJune 18, 2019
In the beginning, the company was great. Workers are friendly and actually worked. Not a lot of them were lazy. Company went through some changes and managements were under a lot of pressure which treated the coworkers horribly. There was a drama incident a couple of workers including an assistant management was fired.
Pros
Discounts on products that are made by best buy. Their brand Insignia
Cons
Break time harassment, One manager very rude, horrible, still thinks hes the "man". They will over work you.
Fast pace work environment
Geek Squad Repair Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJune 18, 2019
You receive calls all day. You get calls from other Best Buy facilities as well as techs and customers. Our job was to schedule repairs, add jobs into the techs schedules and answer to patients complaints as well as try our best to fix it. It was very repetitive and sometimes stressful job.
Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 18, 2019
I loved being arouns all the tech and learning about new products. I was always excited to read and review new gadets and programs we were going to sell on the floor.
GeekSquad Agent (Former Employee) –  YonkersJune 18, 2019
Co-workers were a pleasure to work with, managers not so much. Little to no flexibility with regards to schedule. No raises nor benefits. Measly discount. Bi-monthly paychecks also severely aggravating.
Wonderful place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 18, 2019
Loved working there had a blast they teach you all that you need to know to be top of your game wonderful discount top of the line technology mice work space
Productive and fun
Seasonal Merchandising and Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 18, 2019
Had a great time working there. If I could go back, I would because they even help with financial aid for school. The most difficult part of the the job was being able to interact with all of the customers effectively during busy hours.
Enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2019
I truly enjoyed working at Best Buy. I made lasting friends and work connections that I use to this day. It’s retail so there will always be stressful days
Pros
Discount
Cons
Customers
Too much negativity
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  OshkoshJune 18, 2019
Manager causes too much negativity. If he can’t intimidate you he will be nice to your face and talk about you behind your back. Unrealistic goals for full time front end.
exciting to work with new tehnology has changed alot in recent years
Full Time Sales - Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2019
Best Buy as a company has a good culture but your experience there is determined by you as well as the leadership above you I had some great years and I had some years I was run into the ground because of the laziness and alliances made in senior management from the Gm level up to district and market managers.
Pros
the product knowledge and experience of running a business
Cons
depends who your senior management is
Great if you love tech
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 18, 2019
Would be a great part time job or a stepping stone to get where you would really like to go as far as a career is concerned.
Great Sales environment that lead to many interesting events
Sales consultant for the computer department (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 18, 2019
Worked in the computer sales department with a team of great salesmen and women. Supervisor helped me to understand a great sum of tactics to close sales. The product I was considerably more knowledgeable than any of my peers, yet i didn't have any sales experience before. Great learning experience that was completely spoiled by the management at the time. Was terminated based on a lie, and never had the chance to get a fair shake at my own credibility.
Pros
discounted items at average of 60-75% off
Cons
Customer is always right, no matter what
Exciting place to be!
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montrose, OHJune 18, 2019
Great leadership and open communication. Fair pay. A great place to work! The shifts were normal and hours were not hard to come by if you did your job correctly.
Pros
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K
48.1K
35K
21.4K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss