Best Buy Employee Reviews

Productive friendly
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 25, 2018
At Best buy you are treated with respect, and are treated like a family member. Best Buy cares about there employees.Best Buy gives the employees to advance in there careers and provides assistance to get there.
Pros
product discounts
First job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
This was my first job and I was able to grow and thrive in the business including promotions and raises and even provided travel for trainings to help me in my job.
Great place to learn...
Apple Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2018
I had the privilege of working at a very busy and successful store. It was faced paced and I learned a lot. A great place for me to work in my early 20s.
Made life long friends and learned what it was to work very hard.
Pros
Friendship, management, fun environment
Cons
stressful, inconsistent schedule, hectic
very relaxed and friendly
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJSeptember 25, 2018
A normal day at work I would make calls to clients to confirm appointments and help the mechanics with whatever they needed. it was a very hands on job . I learned to install audio into cars from this job. I really enjoyed my co workers the most they were patient in teaching me and liked to involve me into everything.
Fun place to work
Sales Consultant / Home Theatre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Overall my time at Best Buy was great. It is a fun place to work and gives employees the opportunity to grow professionally. One of the biggest things I learned while working there is how to network. You meet a plethora of different people who come into the store everyday, each with their own personality and different issues. Best Buy has taught me how to be a young professional and personable.
Fast-paced work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 25, 2018
A typical day for a cashier & customer service specialist are fairy slow except on big release days & holidays. There's a bit of down time, followed by rushes of customers wanting to purchase or return/exchange items. Management spends a lot of time walking around frantically or on smoke breaks. The workplace culture is pretty childish considering employees range from all ages (which means plenty of gossip, ugh). The hardest part is trying to grab the attention of a MOD (manager on duty) when in need. The most enjoyable is talking to customers.
Pros
Food provided for lunch (sometimes), raises at the end of the month depending on how well the store sales
Cons
Short breaks, no sitting, standing for long periods of time, seeing smokers get several breaks
Nice company
pacific SALES (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Working at bestbuy is good, because they work with you all the time, and they give you very flaxible hours, they work with your school hours if (you're a student). Good team leader
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work environment
Product Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Overall, it was a great experience. I would not mind going back to work there. Compensation was amazing for what I did. Management was great. Communication level from corporate was amazing. Training and e-learnings were informative.
Pros
Employee Discount
Lovely people nice place to work
CASHIER AND MCSA (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 25, 2018
My coworkers were wonderful and so were the managers. I loved my time at best buy. The job isn't too stressful but still fast enough to be interesting.
Working at best buy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of meting sales quotas and credit card applications. There was a micromanagement system. The work culture was competitive to say the least.
family based store
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Utica, MI 48315September 24, 2018
Working at the Utica store,e is like working with family. Every one works as a team and encourages each other. The management is very supportive and encourages that all employees strive to grow with the company
Team oriented work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Fun team oriented place to work. However fluctuating hours for part time employees is frustrating after holiday season. Hours are initially increased over holidays and then significantly decreased after.
Friendly Environment
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Great Place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. All supervisors are great. It may just be luck of the draw but it seems like the company is overall great.
Solid Company
General Manager / District Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
High stress, but very well compensated with salary and stocks. many perks with vendors and trips. Lots of recognition for top performers, and great pay incentives for top performers as well.
Wonderful place to work
GEEK SQUAD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 24, 2018
The company is wonderful to work for, just don't mess up a single time or you will get terminated, even after 9 years on the job. The employees are fantastic though. Would recommend.
Wasn’t enjoyable
Stocked merchandise on sales floor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
It wasn’t too much of an enjoyable experience. The structure and procedures in which were supposed to make things quick and efficient actually made things rather difficult and tedious
No review
Geek Squad Consultation Agent (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 24, 2018
I don't review companies I work for/have had worked for. Therefore, there will be no review posted by me regarding Best Buy and their practices, either as a company, or at the Hattiesburg location.
Loved it
LG Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 24, 2018
It was fun working there. One of my favorite jobd. They respect employees and offer grest opportunities. I was offered a position based off of performance within a month or two of being there.
Customer service
Apple Connectivity Lead (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 23, 2018
working at best buy was an interesting experience for me... it allowed me to work on my people skills and customer service skills but it was a hassle dealing with managers and supervisors about sales quota's
Best Buy
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2018
It was really nice I enjoyed my time there. The discount was amazing but also the atmosphere, super relaxed no back stabbing. Cool coworkers everybody got along.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K

2.8

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight