Best Buy
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 27,588 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Best Buy selected this as a representative review
Working at best buy you not only meet a vast majority of individuals but you also make some friends along the way and you become knowledgeable about things you've never even thought of just by being there.
Started in computer sales, was great, got to geek squad, was good, got to ara (repair) was okay, started getting pay cuts while doing the same work. Pressured by senior gs agent to do it anyways. Looking to leave, its an okay place, but I get no respect in terms of asking for pto or even a schedule change.
DONT WORK AT THE BOSSIER LOCATION, the management there is terrible with the exception of very few, they genuinely don’t care about you and will threaten to fire you if your not performing to their standards but they won’t give you the training to do well at your job this is not a good company to work for unless your friends with management they play favorites like crazy.
Pros
Cons
Way too many to name
Well expect to have your job in limbo for your entire time working there. You have a position one day and not one the next. The company and managers will look out for there interests only. This is a job for corporate and corporate only, because they are the only ones safe until the company goes under. Only work there part time and that really is not a guarantee. I was one of the hardest workers there and eventually was still layed off by the company and there job eliminations. PS, don't work in the back room that's were all the work is. Expect no help either.
Pros
Vendors provide food.
Cons
Job security
Best Buy is a tech geek dream and you most likely will get along with your peers since they probably shared they same passion.Since tech is always changing and evolving I wished they can keep up with training about all those new products and services.Overall it is a great place to be and you can growth and develop if you really work for it.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
This job is perfect when you're in high school or fresh out of high school as it has a high starting wage of $15/hour and has very flexible hours. The culture at the stores is very friendly, supportive and overall just fun. It is a very easy job and you definitely get paid more than what you're working. The best part about the job is when you can put it on your resume when you're in search of a new job where you have more opportunity for growth.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Working weekends, biweekly pay
It lays very well but the environment isn’t always the best. They sometimes set unrealistic goals and have a very ugly way of making you do things which I did not appreciate
depending on the store you were at, will depend on the management. some stores were better then others. it’s not a bad job but after a while it got old.
I gained a lot of knowledge and experience from my time here. From gaining the confidence in sales to helping manage and lead the front team, this job gave me a great number of skills. My coworkers and managers always had my back, and made the job super fun. Though the company fell short and had to say goodbye to a lot of long time employees, I will always appreciate the time I spent here.
Random Unpredictable hours but thats expected (ironically) in retail.Management can be very good but it depends on your location. Pay is solid for retail in general but depending on your department pay could be better (ex: customer service)Overall I liked it there and would have stayed longer but BBY loves to "restructure" it seems to be every year and that involves the chopping block for even top performers. Makes no sense.
Pros
pay, management can be good, new tech, discount
Cons
hours, the customers, sales goals
I enjoy my job. I work in customer service. I enjoy the people I work with and my job. I’ve been here for a few years now and plan on growing in this company
Having spent almost a decade at my store before I left, they taught me a lot of things in the time I was there. I do not regret working for them whatsoever. With every job there is gonna be good and bad, but this place towards the end was almost 90 percent good.
Pros
Cool coworkers, fast paced, pretty understanding
Cons
Retail, The occasional mean customer
I had no job experience when i first started working i didnt know what to do. The people there showed me how its done and i learned so much from them.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No cons
The company denies favoritism but it movement within the company is entirely based upon it. Job Rec's open up with certain people unspoken but in mind. if you work a non-sales position you are overlooked and disposable. Pushing credit cards sales on anyone 18+
Pros
Discounts
Cons
They will tag you on anything you even slightly do in order to lower your yearly review.
Best Buy is a great place to get any type of interpersonal skill and sales skills of any kind. the environment that you are working in, is very helpful and a team work enviromnent.
Nothing crazy but treated just like another set of hands. Training was boring and other staff were not that welcoming. Fine for a high school or college type job.
There aren't that many things to do other than the usual stocking and online order pickups so it can get repetitive at times. Advancement into higher roles is achievable.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice co-workers
Cons
repetitive, management can get annoying at times
I previously worked for this company on two separate occasions. This company treats its staff poorly and the pay when I was there was not competitive with other local retail outlets.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Low pay
The best thing about this job is being able to be around your coworkers all day and talk about new tech. For the amount of work that they expect from you, you aren't compensated even close to fairly. Best Buy is cannibalizing itself with online sales and creating a much poorer in-store experience. The CEO wants to create Amazon Jr. and it's at the expense of the employees that made this company great.
Working when the Sales Manager was on duty was always good. He treated us as if we mattered to the company when we felt we didn't. While the GM only showed favoritism to certain people and made you feel as if you're just there for the job.
Pros
Working morning shifts.
Cons
Very low pay for experienced employees.
I think that this job pays ok with the amount of work you have to put in. Mostly you dont do much on a day to day basis. But you have to be careful to not get way too comfortable that it gets in the way of not doing what is required which brings me to the next point. The role is extremely disorganized and its hard to tell what is required of you to do vs what they want you to do. You have to balance yourself out to be on their good terms but its sometimes a challenge. They are always asking to complete forms on top of what all the daily assignments. You have to complete new tasks whenever they come up and during a certain amount of time. They always ask about about some weird info and you feel like you are much more of a mystery shopper or an FBI agent than a Sales Specialist. As a matter of fact, this job feels almost like anything BUT, Sales Specialist. You are required to train and coach store employees, do the forms, and all other small stuff. Feels like you go to school.
  1. Employee Reviews