Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 17,461 reviews matching the search See all 17,786 reviews
Fun enviroment and Friendly employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 16, 2018
Working for Best Buy gave me many great opportunities to grow and develop. My time spent at Best Buy was very enjoyable and the relationships made are still in place today! Overall Best Buy was a great opportunity and a great company to work for.
Excellent
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work all managers are really helpful and informative, everyone there strives to be the best. Trainings are super helpful and they are very informative
Pros
Builds competitive skills
Cons
None really
Energetic Environment
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJuly 16, 2018
Best Buy is a highly charged organization; the teams work diligently to achieve remarkable results for the customers, share holders and other them employees.
Really fun place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJuly 16, 2018
Great people and management is always there for you. They are awesome and very motivating. The team is young and very active. They are very motivating and great people.
Good Place to Start Out
management (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 16, 2018
I began in retail as an older person. The vast majority of the people I worked with were half my age. Best Buy recognized my experience and value and I quickly rose to management in the first year of my time at the company. It is a good place to learn teamwork and get your feet wet in retail and how corporate politics work. But at the end of the day they under value their talent and are not open to multiple views on business practices, which you should expect from such a large corporation. If you are a creative thinker and looking for a place to express your ideas, this is not a place for you. If you understand your need for structure in a limited environment then you can do very well here. I had a tremendous experience with the team that I built there, but at the end of the day my vision was different.
great entry level for experience
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2018
Helped customers with what they were looking for, sold them on accessories and service plans to protect their products. did inventory counts, scheduling and hiring events. Plannograms and resets when needed, as well as truck stocking.
Pros
pay product knowledge and training
Cons
quality of life
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Best Buy.
Video Game Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2018
The managers were great. They were very helpful to teaching us the best ways to go about doing things. The job itself was so fun too. My favorite job.
Pros
Everyone was nice.
Cons
The pay wasn't that great.
It's a fun environment full of knowledge
Advanced Repair Agent (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALJuly 16, 2018
A typical day is full of overcoming challenges both with customers and with the technology they bring in. Coworkers are extremely friendly and the atmosphere is typically very fun-going yet serious all at the same time.
Pros
Great discounts on the latest technology!
Cons
Health Insurance
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 16, 2018
Best Buy was a really good job while I was in college. I found that the training provided me with some skills, fundamental skills that I use today. I thank Best Buy for this.
Okay
Full-time Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy Best Buy. As a compnay it's great. Paid time off, tuiton rembursement. They are flexible with college students and a great resume builder. I am happy I work there.
Fun
Assistant Store Manager, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 16, 2018
This company takes a lot of time form your private life. However, the life that Best Buy creates is a positive and fun environment. Great place to work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Goals
very fun and new. Has a lot of benefits for employees.
PC sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 15, 2018
I love the interactions we have with customers and how we make life changing choices for them. we find what can help improve their everyday life and help bring them more into the now upcoming technology. It's a great field to learn new things and meet new people as well as get to know their needs and how it can improve their life.
Pros
store outings, new people, pay, health insurance, dental, college tuition
Cons
not enough pay for the drive, strict goals, stress.
Fast Paced but co workers make it bearable
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 15, 2018
The people who work there welcome you into their team and into the store. You'll always have a great experience there. Never had a bad day there and the managers are willing to work with you the best they can.
Pros
Discounts
Challenging and enjoyable
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 15, 2018
Working in customer service can be challenging in itself but working at the Dothan store I found my peers and management were very helpful and eager to help me learn. The atmosphere is upbeat and enjoyable on most days. There is much more to learn in my job and I enjoy learning new things and keeping the job fresh and challenging.
Pros
Atmoshere and learning
Cons
Driving distance for me; grumpy people
Great
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 15, 2018
Best Buy is a great place to work. You are always busy, days seem to go by quick all the time. Management is always helpful, co workers are great to work with.
Pros
friendly co workers, lots of training to help you succeed
Cons
Pay
Friendy Place To Work
SWAT Specialist / Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 15, 2018
It is retails sales so there are a lot of part time young people who might not have the best work mentality. Other people are dedicated, hard-working, and just want to enjoy their time selling awesome electronics to people.
Pros
Friendy work atmosphere
Cons
Too much corporate micro managing
Good temporary job
Computer Expert (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TX 78602July 15, 2018
Best Buy was a great step between school for me. It wasn't a great job, but I created some long lasting networking connections within a large company and have kept in touch when available. I worked in a small county with in Texas, and found that most of the people who worked there were friendly and courteous, and the management team was great.
The job was good but....
Salesperson in Gaming and Entertainment Department (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 15, 2018
My job consisted of assisting customers and answering questions about recommended video games. I also worked at the cash register checking out customers when needed.

I learned a lot about different features of video game devices such as headsets, controllers, battery packs, etc. My job was to explain these features to the customers so that they would be interested in purchasing those products.

When I applied for the job during the holidays, it was for a part time position. However, due to the amount of traffic from other people getting hired, I was mistaken and treated as a temporary holiday worker.

After the holiday rush ended, I was barely scheduled. I even asked my department manager where and who I should talk to in order to get more hours. When I found the person to talk to, they told me to talk to another person, this went on and on to the point of never finding the roots of the problem. If it's anything I've learned in that store is that you can only help yourself. Not a single person seems to want to help you if you have any questions.

Eventually I received my part time package in the mail that contained all the info stating the benefits I would receive when working part time. Too bad the store I worked at didn't seem to treat me in that friendly manner. So I decided to talk to the store manager that interviewed me. He didn't even recognize me due to how I haven't been scheduled for over two months. When I relayed my story to him, he looked up my information and said that my position of employment was considered holiday and that's why I was
  more... scheduled for only December. I then told him the position I applied for and he then said that the computers were having technical issues and that there I may have been scheduled for work but I never showed up and they might have laid me off. This would make sense because when I checked my schedule every day online, there was no information of me being scheduled. I'm not sure if it was a glitch on the website but one way or another, the information that I received for my schedule was not there. My department manager even said that I am able to view my schedule online at home on my Best Buy account.

Fast forward to a month later and I still did not receive my schedule for the part time employment that I applied for. So in the end, I decided to give up as there was no intention from the management department, nor the company to help me and set up a schedule for me.

If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to fix your servers and your broken online employee account program. It would also be a good idea to listen to what new trainees have to ask especially when they are in dire need of assistance. Thank you.
Pros
The pay was fair. I also learned a lot about sales and video game products.
Cons
Very poor management, broken online employee application, and lack of response to the employees who need assistance.
Fun but long hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 15, 2018
It was fun but you work Sunday through Thursday on First Shift hours (6:45 am to whenever they decide to release you). You’re not allowed to have phones or have any music whatsoever.
Simple job to occupy time while semi-retired
Sales Associate - Computers (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2018
Best Buy has a well developed organization with training that is required for every employee, subject to the particular area in which the individual is working. The training is good. However, again, the job is a basic floor sales associate role. Promotions are very possible. The people are pleasant to work with.
Pros
nearby location
Cons
low pay for entry level positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K
46.2K
33.9K
21.1K

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Buy.

Powered by Comparably