Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 18,888 reviews matching the search See all 19,352 reviews
a decent place to work
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXNovember 14, 2018
Not a bad place to work but of course not the best. Certain positions there are a dead end so be careful what position you take and how long you plan on being there. The work schedules are pretty flexible even for a full-time person.
Pros
hour flexibility, benefits, discounts
Cons
not much room for moving up in company, stressful
Fun and stressful
Inventory specialist/ Truck leader (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 14, 2018
I learned how to shipping and receiving is done. How to properly load and unload product from tvs- refrigerators. I learned hiw to each other people my job so that u may help elsewhere within the store.
You're on your own
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CANovember 14, 2018
They'll teach you for a little bit, have you shadow an experienced employee. After that, good luck knowing the products on your own. Deliver your best information. If you have a smartphone with you, use that to your advantage as your "superior" product knowledge source.
Pros
discounts to products if you're employed
Cons
small wage, inconsistent schedule
okay
Human Resources/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 14, 2018
taught me great leadership skills. selling skills. took care of employees that sold a lot of stuff. Went to disney world with them. they became more focused of cutting payroll so my tyipcal day doesnt apply anymore
Computer and Hardware Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 14, 2018
Working at best buy was a holiday job for me. The employees who trained me were great. The management was great and I enjoyed my experience and time working there.
Nice place to work
Sales floor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
It was a nice place to work. I didn't get any benefits, but I did get discounts. I have worked with Best Buy twice, and both times I really enjoyed myself.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Benefits.
Basic Retail Job
SALES (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 14, 2018
If you can’t put up with costumers, don’t apply. Pay is low, not much room for promotion. Favouritism is shown, most empolyees know that costumers can search things on the web so they tend to disappear
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, Micro Management
5 years
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Md City, MDNovember 13, 2018
After 5 years and working in almost every department except Home Theater and Appliances. Best Buy will take care of you as long as you do your job and focus on a hard and team oriented work ethic. However, for some it does come time where professionally you want more and have to make the decision to stay or move on.
Great Company to work for
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 13, 2018
Whether you're looking for a new career or just a part-time gig for pizza money, Best Buy has something for everyone. The company promotes an incredible culture of inclusivity and diversity and makes sure that their employees know that they're appreciated. The perks are great too - you get to play with the newest tech and get a very competitive discount. Obviously the employee experience varies from store to store, but in general, it's a really great place to work with really great people.
Pros
Discount, flexible schedules available, many benefits available
great place to make a career sales but if in ops slow paced advancement
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 13, 2018
great place to make a career in sales but if in ops slow paced advancement. great free education in logistics and financials. the health benefits are the best but they are better than none.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
it is retail so no holidays off besides Christmas and Easter
Relaxed and collaborative, fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2018
There are ways to advance and the management will allow if you show no flight risk. A lot of skills training and vetting for the positions at hand to make sure that you fit.
Pros
Fun, entertaining, structiured
Cons
Favoritism, constantly needing skills
Great Place to work with lots of oppertunity
Geek Squad Client Experience Champion (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNNovember 13, 2018
It was a great place to work, with lots of opportunity to learn and grow both in company and as an individual. Good culture and great fun to be had while getting work done.
fun environment
In home sales manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2018
great employee benefits and discounts. lack of career advancement. good team environment. lack of knowledge from employees. great training programs with an online university.
fun place to work
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 13, 2018
The culture can be fun. The work environment allows for quick promotions. The pay is typical for what is normal for retail. Employees are usually friendly and good to work with.
Typical Sales Expectation
Technician (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 13, 2018
The majority of the time things would be slow or people would want to test out items to then go buy online. However the management team would push people to close sales even if they did not have a full understanding of the product or services that were being provided. It was more focused around selling products than actually helping customers find the perfect product to fit there needs especially when it came to after purchase warranties and services.
Fun place to work.
Computer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my work at Best Buy. The store was one mile from where I live, so I would often walk to work. I liked selling electronics and dealing with mostly older customers presented some unique challenges that made my days interesting.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Constantly changing expectations
Team fun in home theater
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 13, 2018
It was wonderful feeling like I was in a strong, productive, friendly environment while helping customers find what they truely needed and loved having in their home that best suited preferences.
Pros
team fun competitions
Cons
wanted healthcare provided to part-time as well
Okay work environment with good benefits
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 13, 2018
The work environment is okay but management is a problem. The discount is nice and the CEO and shareholders hear your suggestions. Just wish Black Friday and thanks giving were not required to work.
Fun Job
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MN 55423November 13, 2018
Fun and very Productive. the workplace learning about new technology nonstop. great team work, hard work, but enjoyable with fun team, to work with.
Pros
paid cash for lunch every time we travel.
Cons
sometimes you drive far distance with no mileage pay.
fun place
PC Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 12, 2018
Best Buy is a good place to work if you are in school. If you are going to school for computer science or something similar, you'll appreciate working with the latest and greatest tech
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

56.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Buy.

Powered by Comparably