Best Buy

United States30,204 reviews

Found 30,204 reviews matching the searchSee all 33,482 reviews

Mobile

Featured review

Best Buy selected this as a representative review
I love working with Best Buy! One of the best places I’ve ever worked. Employees become family as well, such a comfortable work environment. Great pay, benefits and employee discount. So many different ways too get promoted within the company.

Fun Place till Managers Come Around

It’s an adult candy store, you get to promote the products you love and are knowledgeable and just enjoy the atmosphere amongst coworkers. But you’ll have a rude awakening when management comes around and belittles you about credit cards and won’t schedule you hours according to how many people you can scam into it.

Best Buy insights

Based on 11,186 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Fun Place till Managers Come Around

Good job, needs more structure

In my time there we've gone through a number of changes in the way our sells team works, first from everyone having specific roles on the floor, then by general knowledge with assistance of training videos, now to everyone is everywhere.It's a good job, just a little hectic at times.

Pros

Managers are amazing and team enviorment

Cons

Doesn't provide incentives beside more utility

Good job, needs more structure

Pros

Managers are amazing and team enviorment

Cons

Doesn't provide incentives beside more utility

Not a bad place to work but...

Wasn't a bad place to work, but you don't always know when you'll get a full day of work, and the training should be revamped because not all the agents knew what they were doing.

Fun Workplace

Such a friendly environment, filled with people that want to see you succeed.Definately have had my fair share of bad days, and dealing with coworkers who slack off so you have to pick up the slack, but that's what a team is all about.Best first job I could have ever asked for

Co workers were good. Management sucked.

You are constantly hounded for numbers. All the time. Even if you are doing well. You are supposed to take care of the customers and the store but the company doesn't care about you. They will let you go and close your position at any time. So don't get attached. Get your experience and move on

Pros

You will make good friends, and you will get experience

Cons

doesn't care about you

Co workers were good. Management sucked.

Pros

You will make good friends, and you will get experience

Cons

doesn't care about you

Good workplace

Good job to work. Love the environment and culture, definitely would work here again! Best team ever to be around but due to family problems I had to go.

Labor cuts

Your work hours are based off how many credit cards you can sale. But you don't make any bonuses off them. The team is what made me stay for so long but corporate could care less

Little pay for the work load and stess

I was 19 when I worked here just to pay the bills while I was in school. Even if you're part time, the managers want you to treat it as a full time job and career. They very much stress the numbers and performance too much relative to the compensation.

Little pay for the work load and stess

Good job for college students

Enjoyed everyone there, great company just not a lot of advancement opportunities. The managers were understanding and down to earth people as well as good coworkers made the shifts pretty fun compared to other jobs.

Good job for college students

The work is great, the culture is not

If you like technology then you'll like what you do here, no question. The problem is management treats everyone who walks through the door as a dollar signs rather than people. I can't count how many times I've heard over the radio "We've got three BPs (potential store credit card sales, or Branded Payments), and it would be a married couple and their high school kid. If a person has a simple tech question that takes more than 3 minutes to answer, you'll be berated to sign them up for a $30 appointment with Geek Squad. Best Buy's slogan is 'Let's talk about what's possible' but what they practice is 'Let's talk about what we want to sell you'.

The work is great, the culture is not

Good people

My coworkers were the best part of the job. Everyone there is friendly. Management is good as well. If you show that you want to move up they'll help you get there.

Good people

Great People! Terrible Company.

Working there is easy and the people are amazing to work with and talk with. You become family with your coworkers here and I love that. However, if you climb the ladder and become anything fulltime or know anyone full time they could be laid off at any point in time with our warning. Even the best of people that worked with the company for over 15 years.It's great for college students, but you really cant live off the pay and hours they give you, plus the benefits are awful. The only incentive to stay is the discount at this point.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Immoral company decisions your voice has no effect in changing

Great People! Terrible Company.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Immoral company decisions your voice has no effect in changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Best Buy with

Best Buy reviews by popular job title

• Best Buy