Best Choice Home Health Care Employee Reviews

good place to intern and get general skills needed for medical field
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 15, 2018
good job over all can learn and use it to move forward with future endeavors.Its a franchise so not too many people employed.Can learn on field and off-field Basics
Pros
alot you can learn
Cons
no benefits
Lot of work with no correct training
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2018
I would do hiring process everyday and had to make sure all home health care employees where up to date with department of health clearance and medically cleared. I learned a lot about the different department of health regulations and requirements for the safety of the elderly and disabled patients. There are to office locations and my office location was myself running the human resource as much as i could. The main office has the rest of the human resources employees. Workplace culture was pretty respectful, no one had problems with anyone until they hired a whole new human resources term. Hardest part working here was being under staffed! I was the only one working one office location alone for work of a staff of at least 4. My most enjoyable part of the job was that i met wonderful coworkers.
Pros
benefits were great!
Cons
Sometimes no lunch break
Provide flexible work hours/cases
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 30, 2018
A typical day at my workplace is talking/reading with my patient. Encouraging my patient to be and remain independent.
Patience, compassion, loyalty, honesty, and caring is important to client and their families.
Pros
Continued Employment
Cons
Call backs from Case Coordinators needs improvement
It is a okay place for second income
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 19, 2018
It is okay I guess. But not for a future unless you need a part time. You don’t have people all on back about anything and they don’t count attendance against you.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Stressful
Case Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 5, 2018
Poor Management. No increases. You work three positions with no extra pay. They want you to bring up hiring numbers but they have no positions to offer the HHA's that are being hired.
Cons
Unpaid lunch, so you're really not working 40hrs. Only 35hrs
Average employer
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2018
Do patient care which at times are enjoyable and sometimes not.
I've learnt to do my job to the best of my ability and that my patient's wellbeing is my first priority/goal.
I have no knowledge of the management and workplace culture because my place of employment is at the patient's residence.
Pros
Easy public transportation
Cons
Can be difficult to travel in bad weather
Job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 3, 2018
I enjoy my job helping people with their everyday living needs. This job is nothing more than what you do at your own home. Most of the people are just needing a helping hand
Pros
Easy work most of the time
Cons
When a client gets sick
Unprofessional...horrible work experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 3, 2018
Staff were unprofessional and rude. There were hardly any hours due to constant hiring with the same case load. They do not pay you out your accumulated ot when you quit as they promise either. The staff jokes around all day. The patients and hhas both suffer within this company. The company has poor communication as well.
It's okay
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2018
It could be a better paying job good people skills it would be a good place to work for it's just a pay not good That was supposed to be making $9 an hour but I'm not only 8:35 an hour it will be good get the money they told
Pros
Care
Cons
Health
Depends on who you know sometimes
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 10, 2017
I really don't have to much to say but I am looking for a new job , with more hours with or already the same amount of pay , I've been out of job quite some time now
Best Choice care for their workers
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2017
Working with best choice has thought me to care for Elders , how to be attentive and put the patients first at all time , There are always cases available at best choice
They have many cases
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Although they have many cases and hire you fast, they should make sure the houses the home attendants are going to are safe to be in. I had many cases were the houses i was sent to were not safe to be in at all.
Pros
Get hired fast
Cons
Little pay
greater job starter for new cna's
C.N.A. / home health aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 23, 2014
not enough pay, not enough hours, no for experienced cna's, dont have much to say worked for the company for 4 months
Pros
long in and out from clients home
Cons
unprofessional
productive
Assist patient (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 28, 2015
every day is the same. hworking with patients and trying to complete there personal needs. I enjoy when i see that i can help is things that they can not do.
Pros
get to help patients with their needs
Cons
is not a secure job becouse you dont get to know what tipe of patien you going to work with.
field nurse postion, not much office contact
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Waa good company, learned a lot in home health, very good mentoring, support staff.
Learned a great deal about home health and patient advocacy.
Pros
great mentoring
Cons
company closed/sold
Productive , learning experience
Senior Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2013
Working for Best Choice was a great experience. It gave me a lot of room to grow in the profession I was in and I learned a lot about home care and health care. Managment was very maluable and i enjoyed working there.
Cons
health care
I love this agency
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 23, 2012
I received Certification through a training session at this agency. The training was exellent.
Is a fun place to work with
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 16, 2016
I have learn so much that I really like it was helping others on their special Needs. Also learn about Hospice People in their last resorts of life that really needs our help in doing things for them. Also did a lot of companionship and recreation and some light cleaning for them.
Cons
short brakes
Productive work place.
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 4, 2014
Working at Best choice was a great experience.I helped all the departments out including, Coordinators, Human Resources and Case managers, including my position as Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant.
Pros
Great employees, Free Yankee Tickets
Cons
Some rudeness
Highly rewarding and fast paced environment helping others
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 11, 2014
It was always busy from start to finish. I like being busy and being good at multi-tasking. I learned a lot about home care, especially how nurses would go in and take care of patients who could not do for themselves or ambulate properly. The most rewarding part was to help facilitate that service and to be able to help those in need. I loved my boss, who I worked very closely with. It turned out that we became good friends through the years. The hardest part of the job was the commute. It was about an hour drive on a good day, two hours during the winter months. Some of my co-workers were true gems. They were professional and hard working. Others were like a diamond in the rough. They didn't feel the need to hand in required paperwork, which was a challenge to the other staff members as we, as a company, did not get paid unless the paperwork was turned in. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people achieve a better quality of life. Another enjoyable part was just working with my boss, who I think is a dear.
Pros
My boss was the best. I couldn't ask for a better boss.
Cons
The commute was very long. There was no health insurance coverage.