Best Cleaners Employee Reviews

Waste of time!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 23, 2019
This position is for high school students looking to make some pocket money. Hours are unpredictable. If you're not the manager, your schedule is all over the place. The manager practically makes the schedule when she's ready, so you'll be stuck wondering what's your hours for the following week. Even though you're full time, you'll never make full time hours. This job is based on garment pieces so if it's slow, they'll ask you to come hours later than you're scheduled. Very cliquey environment, also messy drama. Employees constantly whispering amongst each other about each other's business.. very strange! If you're not apart of the clique, no special privileges for you. Unprofessional management and staff. Uses profanity around the elderly workers as well as the customers. Also racial slurs has been heard several times as well. I'm not sure if the owner is aware of what's going on with his own company but he's at the location on a daily basis. Hopefully this review catches his eye. This company is known for doing great things, besides hiring the wrong people. South Main street location specifically! I'd recommend hiring new management and some staff if you plan on actually keeping good workers.
Pros
Great successful company, nice owners
Cons
No hours, no schedule, bad management, unprofessional, Cliquey, etc
Felt completely abandoned
Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTApril 7, 2019
After being promoted to manager and given a store to run, I felt completely abandoned when I couldn't get my crew to show up. Was later let go when I could not complete the job without a crew.
Very good and fun experience and stayed always busy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 10, 2019
Best Cleaners was a very good company to work for. I really learned a lot of valuable tools on how to become a great manager and
learn and grow on how to handle guest complaints and just overall interactions with your employees as well.
Pros
Very flexable hours and gaining experience in manangement
Cons
Pay raises and no room to advance past manager
good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poquonock, CTMarch 6, 2019
For a first time job in the state i love working here. Friendly involvement close to the bus stop and places to eat. Love the hours the gave me . i love it
I loved working there
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 24, 2018
I left because my mom passed away ,and i needed to move in with my 86 year old father with dementia to take full time care for him .i enjoyed taking care of him .so i would to be a companion for someone who needs one .
Pros
Love my customers and employees
Cons
11 hour work days 6 days a week
productive and good employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 25, 2018
taken in laundry for dry cleaning. How to dry clean an stains. management was fine. but not enough hours.Everything was fairly easy.Meeting new people was always enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on dry cleaning
Cons
not enough hours
Very Unorganized
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTMarch 20, 2018
There was never a schedule up... I would get called in last minute while im at school or out of time. I even took days off in advance and I would stil get called in because nobodt kept track of anything. Customers would get mad because other team members would lose stuff or do a poor job. Our managment was not up to part at all. I like a set schedule and an organized work place. I work better and more sufficent when I know ahead of time. Over time I got tired of the lack of respect I was shown and poor managment so I quit.
Pros
Lack of managment so you can work at your own pace
Cons
No orginization, no respect, lack of mangament, scheduling
Sometimes fast paced other times slow paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 12, 2018
Some days are very busy other days are very slow so it can get pretty boring. Sometimes the customers are rude other times they are very nice and easygoing. It’s also really hot from pressing a bunch of clothes all day
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Family owner, with 8 locations
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miiddletown, CTJanuary 12, 2018
I worked in corporate office, With a full serve dry cleaning and tailoring serve located at the facility, The staff is very friendly and we had a very loyal customer base.
Pros
Free Dry cleaning
Cons
Building extremely worm during the summer
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 30, 2017
I loved working for best cleaners they r family oriented and very caring . Positive and strong working skills . I have learned a lot with this company.
Pros
Easy pace good people
Cons
Short breaks hot in the summer and cold in winter
Relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 10, 2017
Nest Cleaners was a easy relaxed job. At times it would get very busy with customer but depending on who was working it was a good steady environment.
A job
Part time employment (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 9, 2017
Generally a typical day involved taking dry cleaning orders. A lot of work was given out to those part timers who were expected to mop the floors every time and do general cleaning duties. Could be stressful due to fast pace at times but overall it was just a job.
Pros
location
Cons
never get out of mopping the floors as a minimum wage employee
Great work enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 12, 2017
Great dry cleaners service with a great customer service. Over 50 years family tradition in the dry cleaning industry with professional tailoring service and leather service
Pros
Direct contact with people
Cons
Constant work short breaks
organixed place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 4, 2017
work was organized, took employees needs and ideas into consideration. offered many fun things t do to lower stress. would recommend o any one even as a part-time.
Pros
free dry cleaning
Cons
hot enviorment to work
Fun place but bad pay
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTMarch 2, 2017
I moved on from this job because the hrs and the pay was not good at all. This job was very stressfull and for the hrs you worked it was not worth it.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative-Part Time Nights (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 13, 2015
Nice manager, nice coworkers. Job is fun.
Contributes consistent, profitable performance. Excellent inter-departmental relationships with and knowledge with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Accounting and suppliers to accomplish high levels of customer service and profitability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; keyboarding, data entry and word processing skills; attention to quality, mechanical aptitude, and blueprint reading skills. Constant focus on continuous performance and improvement. Works well independently with very little supervision. Dependable, reliable, conscientious worker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 10, 2013
The work atmosphere is very docile and the people are easy to get along with.
Best Cleaners-More like Bad Cleaners
Pant Presser (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTMay 25, 2013
Punch into work at 8am and would have to work until the work load for the day was done, which could be anywhere from 100 pieces of clothing to 1000 pieces in a single day. There was no set time to punch out at. We were allowed 1 10 minute break to smoke or eat at 11am then it was back to work until we finished. The manager was very discriminative which is the main reason I left the job. My co-workers were nice and friendly. Most of them didn't speak too much English. The hardest part of this job was that I had no time to myself or my family.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No lunch breaks, 1 day off a week
Good enviroment
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 12, 2013
I would arrive at 7 am and just start by taking bags that came in at night and putting them in the right pile. I would also register the clothing by putting the customer's information in the computer. Our model was in by 11 and out by 4. So we had to make sure we had all the clothing that was in by 11 am out by 4 pm. I liked my co-workers there, we got along fine. My management was nice to everyone. The hardest part of that job was no matter how many bags we got that day that they were out. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting the customers as they came in and having conversation with them
Pros
school reinburstment
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Cleaners. Our community is ready to answer.