Best Cuts Employee Reviews

love it
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  richmond heights ohioMay 24, 2019
love the atmosphere it was laid back and friendly and fast pace company. i enjoy working for the company and looking forward to being part f the team in the near future.
great
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJApril 19, 2019
this company is great at hiring new stylists. they give the time you need to learn. i unfortunately had a lousy manager who was very unorganized and mentally unsteady. i love the company otherwise.
Could improve
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 27, 2018
The best part about my job at Best Cuts was the clients and my coworkers. Management could use some improvement. Goals are pretty unattainable and you don't receive benefits. It is very hard to advance your career at Best Cuts.
fun place to work
Hair Stylist / Manager /Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHSeptember 24, 2018
bust place to work take walk in no appointments did cuts color perms highlights weaves cap highlighting take turns doing customers unless you had a request. usually busy on weekends so that makes your day go by fast which i like
Pros
busy
Cons
no healthcare
Miserable
Westlake, OH - Stylist (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 6, 2018
You are worked to the bone here, I dont think ive ever hated a job so much. You get absolutely no help from anyone, including your manager and district leader. The pay is HORRIBLE
Pros
Cons
pay, management
Salon Manager/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy the walk in and appointment balance. I can take care of my current customers and still grow my book with walk in customers as well. Fun place to work.
I enjoyed working here
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44707May 26, 2018
I enjoyed the customers, they were very friendly and nice. The company was in a good area for a lot of walk ins. I left Best Cuts because i wanted to go out on my own. You can make more money working for yourself.
I love my job Very friendly coworkers
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lodi, OHMay 1, 2018
I love working for Best Cuts in Lodi. The staff members are very friendly and professional. I love the environment I get when I'm working here. The clients are down to Earth people and I love giving them a stylist they wanted.
Pros
Learning the up coming styles of the trade.
Cons
Not enough clients on some days.
Good place to start.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 16, 2018
Best Cuts is a great place to start out as a stylist. There are a lot of learning opportunities and growth to be had at Best Cuts. I would definitely recommend Best Cuts as a place to work.
okay place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Not much advancement for your career and it is an easy place as a stylist to get stuck. If you are young please go to a high end salon and start your career there, not a corporate salon. Their interest is not you, you are just a number.
Cosmetologist
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2018
On a typical opening and closing, I would count the money and input the information on the computer and write down the numbers. Clocking in and turning the electricity on or off. My job was to input clients information into the computer, use and recommend products and do what the client asked for with their hair, As a cosmetologist I would listen to the patrons needs and make suggestions. Cleanliness, organization and stocking were also part of my day. I learned to stay on top of current styles and to work with various socioeconomic backgrounds. The most enjoyable part of the job was being social with the clients and trying to satisfy their needs.
Pros
A fun career
Cons
Not being able to please everyone all of the time, even though that was my goal.
Good company
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Free education. good pay. nice people. steady customers. Nice work environment. clean. Good benefits.friendly management. Wonderful products. Continuous education.
Lots of clinetele
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Very busy, but basic chop shop rules applied. Get them in out and done. Make money as fast as possible. Not how most stylist build relationships with clients. Good manager and tips. But was more of a stepping stone.
Pros
good tips, good manager
Cons
not able to build relationship with client
Good company you can learn a lot from them.
Managing Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJuly 21, 2017
Not much to tell. You learn a lot from the company. They need to listen to there employees more. I just need to get off my feet. Not a bad company to work for.
very laid back company to work for
Mgr (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJuly 10, 2017
this company was a great company besides the pay. they could do better with raises! they give you free education to keep up with your licenses with the hours you need from state board. if you have a problem management was very good about helping you out. the salon its self was very laid back and I would help girls right out of school learn coloring more and helped with haircuts.
Pros
stable business to work for
Cons
no real break room, no scheduled breaks if busy
I do have fun but there is a disconnect
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2017
The hardest part of my job is that i have people in a low income area that can't afford a 14.75 haircut she i was charging 66.00 in my previous job but it dit in crude everything.. working with thing all ala carte is difficult to produce the results the want
Pros
small staff easy to work with
Cons
corporate beaucracy changing by the day
Good starting job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 27, 2017
I worked here for a long time and over the years the management has its favorites and its very difficult to get vacations. Some days its very busy but most days you sit and clean. There's only so much cleaning can do. I did learn a lot more here than I did in school which was very good. The hardest part of the job was keeping your mouth shut to people who too close to the boss. I met so many awesome people including clients and coworkers.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Not enough money for everything you do
Poor management
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 6, 2017
Disliked being lied to on numerous occasions. Was promised a managers position and never received it and found out the manager had been lying to me about the position the whole time and I didn't make enough money there.
so so
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHApril 27, 2017
this company is good if you are starting out and want to enhance your cutting skills and styling techniques. They only pay min wage with no raises or bonus structure. they will not promote for you and is more concerned with retail sales they forget about the styling part.
fun place to work with great people
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  alliance ohioApril 1, 2017
Best cuts was overall a great place to work. A typical day was cutting/ styling hair. I learned a lot of different techniques and the managers were very nice and always helped me when i needed help. The hardest part of the job was the days we were slow because we would just sit there and it got really boring. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were busy because we get to meet so many different people.
Pros
free services
Cons
not a lot of hours