Best Cuts Employee Reviews for Stylist

great
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJApril 19, 2019
this company is great at hiring new stylists. they give the time you need to learn. i unfortunately had a lousy manager who was very unorganized and mentally unsteady. i love the company otherwise.
Miserable
Westlake, OH - Stylist (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 6, 2018
You are worked to the bone here, I dont think ive ever hated a job so much. You get absolutely no help from anyone, including your manager and district leader. The pay is HORRIBLE
Pros
Cons
pay, management
I love my job Very friendly coworkers
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lodi, OHMay 1, 2018
I love working for Best Cuts in Lodi. The staff members are very friendly and professional. I love the environment I get when I'm working here. The clients are down to Earth people and I love giving them a stylist they wanted.
Pros
Learning the up coming styles of the trade.
Cons
Not enough clients on some days.
Good place to start.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 16, 2018
Best Cuts is a great place to start out as a stylist. There are a lot of learning opportunities and growth to be had at Best Cuts. I would definitely recommend Best Cuts as a place to work.
okay place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Not much advancement for your career and it is an easy place as a stylist to get stuck. If you are young please go to a high end salon and start your career there, not a corporate salon. Their interest is not you, you are just a number.
Cosmetologist
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2018
On a typical opening and closing, I would count the money and input the information on the computer and write down the numbers. Clocking in and turning the electricity on or off. My job was to input clients information into the computer, use and recommend products and do what the client asked for with their hair, As a cosmetologist I would listen to the patrons needs and make suggestions. Cleanliness, organization and stocking were also part of my day. I learned to stay on top of current styles and to work with various socioeconomic backgrounds. The most enjoyable part of the job was being social with the clients and trying to satisfy their needs.
Pros
A fun career
Cons
Not being able to please everyone all of the time, even though that was my goal.
Lots of clinetele
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Very busy, but basic chop shop rules applied. Get them in out and done. Make money as fast as possible. Not how most stylist build relationships with clients. Good manager and tips. But was more of a stepping stone.
Pros
good tips, good manager
Cons
not able to build relationship with client
Good starting job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 27, 2017
I worked here for a long time and over the years the management has its favorites and its very difficult to get vacations. Some days its very busy but most days you sit and clean. There's only so much cleaning can do. I did learn a lot more here than I did in school which was very good. The hardest part of the job was keeping your mouth shut to people who too close to the boss. I met so many awesome people including clients and coworkers.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Not enough money for everything you do
Quick full service salon
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Best cuts is a great place for walk in services. If time is used efficiently the stylists can usually preform one family members service while another is processing.
ok place
stylist (Former Employee) –  virginia beach,vaDecember 31, 2014
I started here right after I arrived in town and at first liked the place but as time went on ,management wouldn't work with me or my schedule.
Great
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed working at Best Cuts. The co workers were great, the hardest part was dealing with rude customers, management was wonderful.
fun work place
Managing Stylist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 17, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company because i got to meet a bunch of different cultured people and i enjoy talking to people from all over the world.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no room for advancement
Average chain salon
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 4, 2013
Usually worked with two or three other stylists. This salon only does hair, no mani/pedi services. My coworkers were friendly and our clientele was mostly repeat customers. Because of our close proximity to many military bases, a lot of our customers were either Service Members or family of Service Members.
Pros
Close to home and a high walk-in volume which made it easy to build clientele
Cons
Commission-based pay, salon was not well kept