Best Cuts Employee Reviews

Boring
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2017
This is a job for a young person staring out. Learning her craft. Made for someone trying to build their clientele. Not for me, not interested in doing chemicals.
Pros
Cons
Hours
regis is a hard company to work for
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Mantua, NJJanuary 20, 2017
interesting clients clean work place retail always full pleasant people to work with big corporation supervisiors are well educated and are always offering help
Pros
breaks hourly and commission
Cons
no health care long hours
Productive and fun working place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 5, 2016
A typical day at work was spent answering phone calls, setting up appointments, selling hair products to customers, etc.
Pros
Free hair products
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 7, 2016
Bestcuts is a very enjoyable place to work. I have put in almost two years there. The clientelle is very decent. My coworkers are very easy to work with.
Great place to start out
Manager (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 30, 2016
Enjoyed working at salon until it closed. Enjoyed teaching the stylists. Great clientele, and was fun. The hardest part was trying to get clients to come in. I did get the salon out of a rut when another manager put it in one.
Pros
Great place to start your career
Cons
Not busy enough
Nice place to work
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day is updated paperwork, checking the Salon's progress, servicing Clients and having group huddles with stylist about ways to improve productivity. I have learned skills that will continue the growth of my career. Just like all Salons and Corporation the slow times are the hardest, nevertheless; it can be an opportunity to learn, practice and get creative ideas flowing. The most enjoyable part of my job and career is the people I service. I enjoy making people feel and look good
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Slow days
Quick full service salon
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Best cuts is a great place for walk in services. If time is used efficiently the stylists can usually preform one family members service while another is processing.
Best cuts
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  HarborcreekJuly 31, 2015
Making people feel great about themselves... Everyone has a unique way of making their signature and final touches. Hardest is making a living with making minimum wage and living off tips.
Proffession workplace and fun co-workers
hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 9, 2015
I worked with great people for a great company. Very exciting to be making a person's looks and attitude change and see them so happy.
Pros
Great experience with the public
Cons
Nothing unless somebody had a young child that didn't like sitting for a haircut.
Productive interesting place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Solonm OhioMay 15, 2015
A typical day at work involved cutting and color, and thinking of ways to pull people in. While working with this company I've learned many things, such as time management, the proper application of color and perms. Management is always available to help with a questions or problems. The hardest part my this job is to not take things personally. The most enjoyable part of this job are the guests I get to take of everyday.
very slow work place
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  El Paso txFebruary 21, 2015
Typical days was very slow , there wasn't must to do , specially all day. I learned a lot this is were I structured all my haircuts , a lot of coworkers would help me so much all through haircuts. I learned what most stylist do. Most enjoyable was the learning and how nice my coworkers were.
Pros
only the learning
Cons
low pay
ok place
stylist (Former Employee) –  virginia beach,vaDecember 31, 2014
I started here right after I arrived in town and at first liked the place but as time went on ,management wouldn't work with me or my schedule.
Fun busy salon.
Manager of 2 salons (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 10, 2014
As a manager i enjoyed team work and absolutely no drama. I had young ladies working for us. It was very rewarding and I learned a great deal. Hiring, retail inventory. Paper work and banking deposits. I truly enjoyed my employment with this company. The hardest part was floating between salons and balancing my work schedule so I can help manage various salons.
Pros
Growing opportunities, rewarding learning experience
Cons
Low pay, salary based management.
just the staff were like a big familey
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 2, 2014
I had a great boss that always worked with us. we laughed all day long . we all worked toghether.
Pros
our gm she was great she knew how it was at times she gave us a bost wene we need it
Cons
health care
the cutting edge
Assistant Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2014
there's nothing typical about about being a hair stylist, but man is it one of the best jobs to have. i worked for Best Cuts for quite a long time, and was able to become an assistant manager once i obtained my managers licence. the most enjoyable part of my job was my interaction with customers, over the years you build a rapport with them. i really liked my customers, they become like family after a while. the hardest part had to be dealing with employees that didn't get along, playing peacemaker so to speak.
Pros
made great tips
Cons
made commission
they gave me my start
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMay 28, 2014
This was my first job outside of Beauty school, so I was a little ignorant. They did help me learn a lot of things, that they only briefly go over in school, like men's clipper cuts. The manager and my co-workers were very patient while I was able to get a feel for the clipper cuts. I was very appreciative of that. The hardest part, was trying to get the fast pace down, I was still trying to learn. I did enjoy the fact that I was still learning and they, for the most part, didn't seem put out, by stopping to help me.
Sell,Sell,Sell
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights,OhioMay 26, 2014
A typical day of working here consists of helping customers with product knowledge and making them overall happy with their hair. Management is a joke. There is no room for advancement, and your treated like your a dime a dozen. If your not "upselling" to every customer, they try to write you up.
Pros
Hair classes
Cons
Haircut sale, Benefits are extremely unaffordable
Great
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed working at Best Cuts. The co workers were great, the hardest part was dealing with rude customers, management was wonderful.
A fun place to work, where your team almost feels like family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHFebruary 7, 2014
Going in with a positive attitude every morning, getting my morning paperwork done, so I can begin the day off with my customers. I love most of my clientele and I look forward to seeing them. My team and I work well together, and help each other out as much as possible, to keep the day moving smoothly. We check our goals out every morning and strive every day to hit them. The hardest part of my job is keeping the girls from bringing their home problems to work with them.Problems at home should stay at home. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make somebody's day. Some of my clientele are very elderly, and going to get a haircut, or a perm is the highlight of their week. Some of them look forward to it, just so they can come in and talk to someone. When they leave happy, I'm happy.
Pros
Making people feel good, making my own schedule
Cons
No benefits and not enough money
fun work place
Managing Stylist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 17, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company because i got to meet a bunch of different cultured people and i enjoy talking to people from all over the world.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no room for advancement