BEST FITNESS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Day care/ front desk (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 17, 2018
Everyone gets along. Hours are flexible management is understanding when it comes to things coming up in personal family life that may interfere with working.
Easy going but stressful work place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 12, 2018
It sounds crazy that something can be easy going and stressful but thats how best fitness is. Your day is just sitting at the front desk talking to the people who walk in and out and answering phones. Its stressful because of the pressure they put on you. All phone calls are recorded and listened to reguarly by the managers and others, they also watch the cameras. They are so strict on the dumbest things and its just a gym. They best part about working their are the members and the employees. Everyone I work with including my manager are the nicest people and are always willing to help but the higher up people take this gym too seriously.
Flexible Schedule is a great perk
Personal Trainer/ Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 14, 2018
This job is a good stepping stone for incoming personal trainers. The flexible schedule is nice but the low salary makes it hard to survive. They do give you clients but not right off to start you have to earn it. If you get through the first 90 days it does get better!
Pros
Schedule
Not a Trainer friendly workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 8, 2018
the gym tries to sell training to the clients but the money mostly goes to the gym. The trainers do all the work building rapport, workouts, and a personal relationship after the contract expires most clients leave due to not being able to pay.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
all money goes to the gym
Great job until they switched management & gym name.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Great job until Iron Oxygen bought them out. Fun place to work. Great learning experience. But management followed over into the switch and still was very unprofessional as well as some of the Best Fitness employees that followed along.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Unprofessional management team
create your own schedule
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
The trainer is responsible for filling their schedule and keeping clients accountable in and out of the gym. I found that it was difficult to help people who didn't want to better their lives, those who needed their own internal motivation. If your schedule is not filled, you are not being paid. Pay is per session only.
Awful company to work for
Fitness Counselor (Former Employee) –  Drum HillNovember 19, 2017
Terrible business to work for. Over worked, under appreciated. They work you like a slave then deny you your earnings when you quit. All they care about is $$$$. Management is lazy, un-motivated, and will literally shame you for trying to help people out.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Management, pay, lack of employee loyalty, terrible hours
Competitive workplace
Membership Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 30, 2017
The harder you work the more money you make. It's a great job the only down side is you have to call at least 50 people a day to great traffic in the club. At least 5 appointment everyday in order for you to increase your sale.
A great place that rewards effort
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY and Erie, PASeptember 25, 2017
Industry leaders in everything they do from the front to the back of the house.

This is not your typical job at a gym. They have a heavy focus on training and developing staff within. You will receive an education, and can apply it to anything you do.

If you are willing to put in the effort, you will be taken care of.

Great leadership team, that is always willing to help you learn and grow.

If you are interested in the industry, this is the place to be.
Pros
Good Pay and Better People
Fun environment with good team
Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I’ve been a part of best fitness for a couple years now and it’s a great company to work for. You have the ability to make your own schedule and work the hours you want.

I have worked a split schedule and it works well with my personal life.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of college students as demographic, so generating clients is tougher.
Working with family
Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Working at best fitness feels like I'm not even working at all. I have a great work community and the atmosphere is amazing. I love my job and I love the people I'm surrounded by.
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
Summer tend to be slow
employment
Membership rep (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MASeptember 7, 2017
If you have a family Best Fitness is not the right company for you . They just care about themselves . every week is a different schedule so your not entirely sure what days you have off . management only care about themselves and their bonuses . the have some decent workers but most of them are selfish and only care about themselves
Great work environment - Feels like Family!
Business Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 30, 2017
Best Fitness has always been such a great place to work! Everyone within the company is so personable and care so much about their workers and members! There is so much opportunity with this company; whether you are looking for a part time position or want to make a career for yourself!
Pros
Free membership, great pay, much growth
Casual work environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 29, 2017
Great environment to work in. Everyone is friendly and warm. Healthy competition among athletic minded people, but management is always trying to get employees to meet their full potential.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Not a 9 to 5 job.
Great Experience
Daycare Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 24, 2017
Worked there while going to school, great job with flexible hours, low stress, and great coworkers. Management has high turn over which causes procedures and rules to change often, but overall would recommend the job if you enjoy being around children of all ages.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Short shifts
Good first sales job not a career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 29, 2017
Okay job to get your feet wet with sales. Teaches you basics of sales in the fitness industry. Not much room for growth but a select few make it to the top with the right attitude and right connections..
Fun Place to Work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 20, 2017
If you enjoy personal fitness and what to learn what its like working in the world of personal fitness then any position at best fitness will gewt you that. Fun first Job and mangment treats you like family.
Pros
Fun, free membership included
Cons
hours
Maintenance Staff (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 17, 2017
I would clean the bathroom then move on to the some of the work out equipment and wrap the day up cleaning a workout room. I learned how to clean efficiently and how to spot grim from a mile away. The management seemed to be very thankful of my time at there. The workplace became a very personal place, as much as I tried to keep to myself it seemed like people really wanted to become closer to me. The hardest part of the job was definitely the bathrooms. The most enjoyable part was getting to clean the Group-X room while listening to music.
Pros
Break room with refridgerator, Free Gym Membership
Cons
Work days become Double Shower Days
Left Because I Did Not Agree With Everything
Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 8, 2017
I left this job because I was not comfortable with the management and how the gym was run. I did not feel comfortable in my position, and wanted to leave before things got worse.
Great Company
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 2, 2017
Great place to work everyone is very welcoming and friendly is a nice place to work the hours are flexible and is very easy work my experience working at best fitness has been great
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BEST FITNESS. Our community is ready to answer.