Best Pets Veterinary Hospital Employee Reviews

Freedom to practice quality medicine
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury MAOctober 13, 2018
I enjoy having autonomy in my medical decision-making and also having support and collaboration from the other veterinarians. Best Pets is veterinarian-owned and management values quality medical care, staff morale and client satisfaction. Work-life balance is great compared to other similar employment situations. Radiology, pharmacy and surgery are well equipped. We have good relationships with local specialists, laboratories, rescue organizations and emergency facilities.
Staff members are highly supported in their training/ advancement goals.
Excellent veterinarians to work for and fun family of staff
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAFebruary 3, 2018
I worked at Best Pets for a year and a half during which time I learned more than I had ever expected. I started with animal care experience based in wildlife and quickly learned how to apply my skill set to the field of companion animals. I was given guidance by the staff on how to be an efficient, thorough and compassionate technician. The head veterinarian was an amazing teacher who truly values the importance of hands on teaching and learning. She even encouraged me to expand my clinical knowledge and skills by taking online courses to be a Certified Veterinary Assistant while working full-time.

All the veterinarians know how important new skills and technology are to improve the quality of patient care. During my time there, the hospital was upgraded to digital x-ray and they even installed a new dental x-ray machine. We also had numerous lunch and learns to stay up to date on the latest veterinary products.

The clients that come to the clinic are amazing and being able to form connections with them and their pets has been incredibly rewarding. I loved being able to build relationships with the owners who genuinely trust and value Best Pets values and opinions.

The practice is smaller than average, so the staff naturally form a tight knit veterinary family. Upon starting I instantly felt welcomed and have consistently been pleased ever since with how well we all get along. Everyone is respectful of each other and no one hesitates to help in positions other than their own when needed. I grew to be good friends with many of the staff and we came to enjoy each
  more... other’s company outside of work. They love what they do and understand the importance of having fun while working in what can sometimes be a stressful environment.

Working at Best Pets was an invaluable opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about applying!
Pros
Great benefits, Flexible work environment, Lots to learn
Cons
Best Pets provided me with invaluable experience that further advanced my knowledge and passion for veterinary medicine
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 19, 2017
I worked at Best Pets for about a year and a half as a veterinary technician during my gap year before vet school and I have gotten more experience than I thought was possible in such a short period of time. Dr Tapscott and Dr Franson were very respectful and were more than happy to teach me how to draw blood, restrain fractious animals, prep and monitor anesthesia for surgery, place intravenous catheters, and so much more. I also loved that they were able to trust that I could do certain things independently and were never impatient when I needed their help. This invaluable experience has made me more passionate and confident in veterinary medicine and confirmed how much I love this field. I also became extremely close with the whole staff including the receptionists, the doctors, and the technicians, so I was actually excited to go to work every day, which was different from previous work environments. The clients in this area are also generally respectful and appreciative, especially when you take the time to carefully explain certain treatments/prevention/procedures to them. Overall, I always felt appreciated and welcomed by the staff and it felt really great to make a difference for not only the animals, but for the clients as well. I had a very fulfilling time at Best Pets Veterinary Hospital.
Pros
Paid-time off, dental insurance, great staff, hands-on experience
Friendly people, great place to learn
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 25, 2017
Like most veterinary clinics, the work is taxing and the hours are long, but the small nature of Best Pets makes it a fun and positive place to work. The small staff makes for a close knit work community. It is not as fast paced as a large small animal hospital, and management is very open and straight forward about working with you to find a schedule that fits their needs and your lifestyle. If you are looking to learn more about the veterinary field this is a great place to be because they are willing to teach.
Pros
easy to work with management, rewarding work
Cons
low pay to start, long days
Productive workplace with great employees
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 20, 2016
I worked at Best Pets for three years and now I am going to college to become a veterinarian. Typical work days were exciting because I was able to work with different animal health issues, treatments, and diagnostic testing.

The owner/veterinarian(s) is generous and creates a positive work environment. The staff are all experienced and get along very well. I enjoyed playing with all the new puppies and kittens. In summary, I feel Best Pets was a great place to work because of the fun lunch and learns and the nurturing work environment.
A small, close-knit animal hospital
Receptionist/Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 4, 2016
Best Pets Veterinary Hospital is a wonderful small animal hospital with a very personal feel. You develop relationships with everyone from coworkers to customers. So being a people person is just as important as being an animal person! The veterinarian/owner, and coworkers were all very pleasant to work with, and management definitely takes into account who will fit in with the team to keep a positive, happy working atmosphere.
I joined the team because I was interested in veterinary medicine and had experience as a receptionist. The management is very willing to listen to what your goals are, and help you to achieve them. They appreciate hard workers who are willing to take on projects to further the practice. I found there was a lot of room to grow and help, which was very rewarding. While most of your time is spent at the front desk, this job can be whatever you make of it! I took on projects in the social media aspect, as well as helping around back from time to time. There is a lot to learn if you show yourself to be a dedicated employee. The more effort you put in, the more rewarding the experience!
Due to a large move I was only able to stay a short amount of time, so I did not feel I could comment on the compensation/benefits or job security/advancement. But from my experience on how management handles other things, I would expect them to be very open, flexible, and helpful.
The job description is very accurate at explaining the practices needs, expectations, and benefits. I really enjoyed my time working for Best Pets, and I would definitely recommend this business
  more... to applicants.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Pets Veterinary Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Best Pets Veterinary Hospital Reviews by Location