Best Version Media

Best Version Media Employee Reviews

If you would like the benefits of building a long term profitable business, but don't have the lump sum of cash to get it started, this could be the opportunity for you. It will not be easy, but the toughest obstacle will be voice in your head telling you its "too hard and too good to be true." This kind of work is not for everyone. But if you can overcome fear of the phone, follow a rock solid action plan, and cover your expenses, (phone, gas, a pressed shirt), for 3-6 weeks, you can build a great business. I am very appreciative of the opportunity I was given almost 1 year ago. I now have a healthy publication and I connect with influential people in my community everyday. I am working on launching a 2nd publication very soon. Now that I understand how things work, I know I could have 3 or 4 healthy publications by now. I am the only reason I don't. BVM has given me all the support I need. If you make a lot of excuses, or are afraid of being told no, this is not the position for you. If you can accept that NO means "Next One" and keep going, you will thrive with BVM. Being a Publisher at BVM means you are commission only. There are bonuses, but you must earn them. The salary is $0! You get paid based on your productivity. If you don't catch, you don't eat. On the bright side of that, if you catch a lot, you have plenty to share. You can take a vacation whenever you choose. Following the plan means never having to ask for time off to go to your kid's school functions or the beach. I enjoy being my own boss. But I also accept that I own my own failures - more...
September 11, 2019
Thanks for leaving such a detailed review! We agree that hard work is the best path to success for anyone pursuing the BVM Publisher opportunity. We appreciate the feedback!
I've worked for BVM for a total of four years now and before that, was an Independent Contractor working on local magazines for five years. The first thing I noticed when I signed on is the culture. Not only does BVM have the best culture around, but I am also blessed to be able to work with some of the smartest, most capable and interesting people I know. We tackle projects quickly as a team and come up with new ideas all the time. Being creative is exalted here and interrupting someone with an idea or question is welcome. The culture is fiercely protected and that is part of why we're so successful as a company!
Pros
team building outings, approachable leadership, collaborative environment
Cons
short turnarounds for projects
May 7, 2021
Thanks so much for the great feedback. We're proud of our company culture and we're so happy to have you on the team!
Great culture, very serious about everyone's success! This company truly believes in what it stands for and that is integrity, honesty and virtue. My only regret is that I didn't find them sooner
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
There are none
April 13, 2021
Thank you for the fantastic review! We're proud of our company culture and we strive to help all of our people find great success.
I have the ability to meet people and work with various types of people while making my own hours and helping neighbors and businesses alike. It is a good environment.
Pros
Setting my own schedule
April 11, 2021
Thanks for the review! The BVM Publisher role offers entrepreneurs the exciting opportunity to build a business in their local community.
At Best Version Media we have a very fast paced environment that is full of hard work, dedication and lots of fun. I enjoy the work/life balance and the unlimited vacation/sick days. It is so refreshing having the ability to take that day off when you truly need it and not have to worry about how many are left. The best part of my day is getting into a meeting with my team (remote for now) and brainstorming ideas with lots of laughter. Here leaders are open to hearing where you want to go in your career and how they can get you to where you want to be. As we continue to grow the pace remains the same, but it is so rewarding to hear how much our company is continuing to bring people together through this ever changing world.
Pros
Career advancements, monthly gifts, lunches, work life balance, unlimited vacation/sick days, culture
Cons
Company growing pains, projects move too fast at times, side companies cause a distraction from the main company
March 12, 2021
Thank you for the great review! We are happy to have you on the team and hear about your experience. Our leadership is dedicated to helping people grow and become the best versions of themselves. We take pride in our ability to bring people together and have a fun company culture.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I started as a publisher last year. This is contract position so you will not get paid until you do the work but the potential is limitless. It's almost like owning a franchise without paying the franchise fees. There is free training everyday. They have a simple system to follow. They have a huge team to help you with everything. If you have been in cold calling sales or fundraising this could be an incredible opportunity. I try to do 2-3 meetings w prospects daily. Besides the paycheck, the best part is I get to bring my community together by publishing a family magazine every month. This is not a scam. It takes a strong mindset and a positive attitude but it's the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Flexible and the money is amazing.
Cons
You have to work.
March 1, 2021
Thank you so much for the detailed and positive review! BVM Publishers are independent contractors who have the exciting opportunity to build their own business alongside endless training and support. We strongly believe that anyone can find success with us by working hard and staying committed to the program.
Great idea and pitch but the problem is this is a good job for people who are retired or are financially stable somewhat. The interview requires you to go out of state to their headquarters for a group session and anyone that attends is then hired. Not only was this a huge cost of money to go, they pump up the job a fair amount. They do warn you that it’s a slow start but then there is promises of how much money you can make residually, they don’t fully explain that you are trapping these businesses into contracts with them, and their media outlet is 90% untrackable in terms of if they can attribute a sale to their advertising. Great group of people when it comes to sales and motivation, unorthodox methods.
Cons
Pay scale
February 17, 2021
We understand the BVM opportunity may not be for everyone. We proudly offer one of the most impressive commission structures in the industry and we believe anyone can find success with BVM by building a sustainable business designed for uncapped earning potential. We also offer world-class training virtually, no travel is necessary. Working with BVM means you are truly in control of your own future.
This company and training is very impressive. In these times though it is a rough market. We focus on small businesses. To help get them on the front of everybody in direct targeted neighborhoods. It has a great concept, but in these times the small businesses are struggling and has a very small budget for print media or any advertising. I absolutely love this company and the training and support they give.
Pros
Cons
No health insurance or any 401 K offered
February 1, 2021
We strive to offer world-class training, support and resources to help every person we work with find success. We greatly appreciate the feedback!
There are a ton of leaders at Best Version who have the vision of success and they entertain themselves on keeping your best interest as successful as well.
December 21, 2020
Thanks for the great review! Our leadership is dedicated to helping people find success working with BVM.
The management overall is amazing, they make sure the staff knows they care and they are appreciated. They do fun things to bring everyone together and are great for team building. They are flexible in hours and understand family comes first!
Pros
Paid time off, Great management
October 19, 2020
We take pride in our award-winning culture and we're so happy to hear you enjoy it. Thanks so much for the great review!
I loved the writing aspect of the job. Management was unprofessional, disorganized, and unwilling to fully train. Teammates were helpful and understanding.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
No benefits, poor management, contract position
October 13, 2020
We greatly appreciate the work of our Content Coordinators and strive to offer the best training possible to help them find success. Our magazines wouldn't be the same without the talented writers who work on every new edition. We'll take this feedback and use it to improve the role moving forward.
I love the flexibility BVM has for all their employees! I’m a contracted employee and my work and pretty much guaranteed every month. As long as you meet deadlines you work whenever you want to and wherever you want to!
September 24, 2020
We work with some of the most talented graphic designers in the industry and we always love hearing their feedback! Thank you!
I applied to this job more than once, and finally got the job. I was so excited! I did all that was asked of me in regards to setting up my e-mail, ordering business cards, attending the pre-training meeting, and then it came time to actual training. I woke up, morning of the first day, and still had not received the link. I contacted my District Manager and the home office. They sent it, so no biggie. Got to training an hour ahead of schedule, as requested, and got kicked off at one point. I contacted the person they asked me to contact. I got back on, he followed up, I told him I was able to get back on, and asked him if he could send me a recording of the training. I wanted to see what I missed. He said he would, and never did. After that training, we were given homework. We were asked to fill out the hiring paperwork at that time, and also gather 200 leads via looking online etc. I worked on that, sent my DM the “in progress” lead list to ensure I was on the right track, he said I was, and filled out the paperwork. After filling out the paperwork, we were supposed to receive a link to the back office. The morning before day two of training I did not receive that link or the link for day two training either. I addressed the issue with my DM, and he insulted me. I contacted someone else, and he said he was going to try to help me. What he did was tell his boss that I said I wanted to quit, which I did not say. I asked if it were possible to have a new DM, but I did not ask to quit. This company does not live up to the professional values they claim to have. I believe they - more...
Pros
Free Training Material
Cons
Everything Else
September 18, 2020
We take pride in offering endless training and support so that every entrepreneur who works with us finds success. Our leadership has been instrumental in helping our people grow and the hundreds of successful Publishers we work with prove this to be true. We understand the Publisher role may not be for everyone, but it's unfortunate this reviewer decided to mislabel our business after such a short period of time working with us.
Slick sales approach in recruitment phase. Training (as they call) it just brainwashing for the most part, fact is there were some good locations to make money with BVM early on. Those were grabbed long ago, no it's the drecks, areas without the proper dynamics to make money. Management is a joke, local manager was a hot head big mouth that finally was sacked by BVM as no other publishers could stand him. Magazine is outdated without online component but CEO is a dolt and won't pull the trigger. I believe a class action lawsuit for former publishers is in order.
Pros
Nice Title, even photo in each issue in magazine
Cons
No support, corporate people are out of touch, prepare to not make money
July 21, 2020
Anyone can find success as a BVM Publisher regardless of their location or prior work experience. We have a number of Publishers who have proven this to be true. We offer entrepreneurs training, resources and endless support to help them build a successful business in their local community and our magazines remain one of the most powerful branding tools for local businesses. Many of the claims made in this review are simply not true. It's unfortunate the reviewer decided to mischaracterize our people rather than leave a meaningful review that could help us improve the opportunity moving forward.
A very American company that doesn’t fit well with Canadian beliefs about inclusion. They consider Pride day “controversial” and would not allow any reference to pride in their articles or even calendar of events.
Pros
You work from home
Cons
Aggressive sales tactics and lack of communication
July 23, 2020
The Content Coordinator opportunity is an excellent way for freelance writers to write for a local magazine. We strive to offer an inclusive environment for our readers as well as everyone who works with BVM and we do not have restrictions on matters related to Pride Day.
I just thought people in charge had no direction and did not come across as warm people. Very few were nice. In fact I did not hear about getting pushed off the magazine until my publisher told me? That is not good. I love publishing and been working for awhile in the business so I really don't know unless there trying to get young blood in there? The publishers I had worked with were great! If you asked them I would still be there!!!!!
June 29, 2020
We strive to offer every individual the opportunity to become the best versions of themselves at BVM and we'll use this feedback to improve the Designer role further.
The sky is the limit to the income you can bring in. You are your own boss, you set up your appointments on a workable time, have daily call-in encouragement meetings, a great support group, and are bringing an innovative community magazine to your area "By the people because of the people".
April 13, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! The BVM Publisher opportunity is a flexible role that offers uncapped earning potential.
Best version media is a great company to work for just not this department. They create a unrealistic goal for each person and when you can’t hit that goal everyday they make you feel like you’re not good enough. I was fired and blind sided for a reason that made no sense and had nothing to do with me. My own boss wasn’t man enough to do it they will blindside you with the quickness but let people miss weeks of work who are “sick”.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Morning Confrence call about nothing. Unrealistic goals. Bad management.
March 17, 2020
Your feedback is important to us and we will use it improve the role moving forward.
The company goes above and beyond to train and prepare you for success. If you put in the time and the effort then you will succeed. They are a good company.
December 6, 2019
Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review! We strive to provide every Publisher with the tools it takes to be successful.
I wish i would of done more with this company. These people are everything ythey say they are and there idea is genious. If you have the oppurtunity to work with them i strongly recommend in doing so!!
December 2, 2019
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your kind words.
I Loved the job, the community aspect, and my direct supervisor (publisher). It was a collaborative effort each month and something we were proud of. It Just wasn't enough money for the work I was putting in, nor did it represent fair pay for my experience or skill set.
November 15, 2019
Content Coordinators are so important to our magazines. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the job and appreciate the feedback.
  1. Employee Reviews