Best Version Media

Best Version Media Employee Reviews

This is a great opportunity for well disciplined, self starters.
If you would like the benefits of building a long term profitable business, but don't have the lump sum of cash to get it started, this could be the opportunity for you. It will not be easy, but the toughest obstacle will be voice in your head telling you its "too hard and too good to be true." This kind of work is not for everyone. But if you can overcome fear of the phone, follow a rock solid action plan, and cover your expenses, (phone, gas, a pressed shirt), for 3-6 weeks, you can build a great business.

I am very appreciative of the opportunity I was given almost 1 year ago. I now have a healthy publication and I connect with influential people in my community everyday. I am working on launching a 2nd publication very soon. Now that I understand how things work, I know I could have 3 or 4 healthy publications by now. I am the only reason I don't. BVM has given me all the support I need.

If you make a lot of excuses, or are afraid of being told no, this is not the position for you. If you can accept that NO means "Next One" and keep going, you will thrive with BVM.

Being a Publisher at BVM means you are commission only. There are bonuses, but you must earn them. The salary is $0! You get paid based on your productivity. If you don't catch, you don't eat. On the bright side of that, if you catch a lot, you have plenty to share. You can take a vacation whenever you choose. Following the plan means never having to ask for time off to go to your kid's school functions or the beach. I enjoy being my own boss. But I also accept that I own my own failures
 - more...
September 11, 2019
Thanks for leaving such a detailed review! We agree that hard work is the best path to success for anyone pursuing the BVM Publisher opportunity. We appreciate the feedback!
Great Community Job
The sky is the limit to the income you can bring in. You are your own boss, you set up your appointments on a workable time, have daily call-in encouragement meetings, a great support group, and are bringing an innovative community magazine to your area "By the people because of the people".
April 13, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! The BVM Publisher opportunity is a flexible role that offers uncapped earning potential.
Appointment coordinator position.
Best version media is a great company to work for just not this department. They create a unrealistic goal for each person and when you can’t hit that goal everyday they make you feel like you’re not good enough. I was fired and blind sided for a reason that made no sense and had nothing to do with me. My own boss wasn’t man enough to do it they will blindside you with the quickness but let people miss weeks of work who are “sick”.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Morning Confrence call about nothing. Unrealistic goals. Bad management.
March 17, 2020
Your feedback is important to us and we will use it improve the role moving forward.
Good Team support
The company goes above and beyond to train and prepare you for success. If you put in the time and the effort then you will succeed. They are a good company.
December 6, 2019
Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review! We strive to provide every Publisher with the tools it takes to be successful.
excellent people and environment to work in
I wish i would of done more with this company. These people are everything ythey say they are and there idea is genious. If you have the oppurtunity to work with them i strongly recommend in doing so!!
December 2, 2019
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your kind words.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Content Coordinator
I Loved the job, the community aspect, and my direct supervisor (publisher). It was a collaborative effort each month and something we were proud of. It Just wasn't enough money for the work I was putting in, nor did it represent fair pay for my experience or skill set.
November 15, 2019
Content Coordinators are so important to our magazines. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the job and appreciate the feedback.
Best version media
I didn't work for this company directly but for an employee as an independent contractor. I did the stressful part of the job which was calling perspective clients. I wasn't paid in the end.
November 8, 2019
The BVM opportunity is not for everyone, but we believe if you work hard and stay committed to the program you will find great success.
Content Coordinator - low pay, lots of work
As a content coordinator, at least in my experience, you are expected to do quite a lot of work for roughly $300 per month. You are in charge of assembling and compiling all of the information that goes into the month's edition, formatting it into a style readable by the graphics designer who then takes it, and writing content for articles, sponsored business pieces, and so on. There's a lot of back and forth and writing involved for per-hour pay that isn't amazing, and you're doing more work than the publisher who appears to be doing very little at all. Expect to be dealing with a lot of people all at once, none of whom will be sticking to anything resembling a schedule.
September 12, 2019
We greatly appreciate the work of our Content Coordinators and will use any feedback as we continue to improve the opportunity. The Content Coordinator role offers freelance writers the freedom of flexible scheduling along with compensation that is cohesive with the model of an inaugural magazine.
Must like working mostly alone.
For those who want to work from home. Advanced computer skills required. Doesn't matter what credentials you have but popularity does matter. For the right person, this is okay.
September 9, 2019
We appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue improving!
This place will change your life
I have never experienced such an amazing culture. A lot of companies talk a big game, but BVM puts it into action each and every day. The leadership is genuine and culture-driven. Not just a bunch of cheerleaders and phony smiles. They are the real-deal in every way.
September 9, 2019
Thank you for the great review! We take pride in our culture and are always thrilled to hear from the people who experienced it!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Best Version Media?
Positive and collaborative work environment
All employees and contractors are positive and want everyone to succeed. Upbeat environment. Encouraging and enthusiastic. Great for a self starter who is looking to advance and grow in their career.
July 19, 2019
Thanks for the great review! The BVM Publisher opportunity is an excellent fit for anyone who wants to be in business for themselves, but not by themselves.
Independent Contractor
This is a 1099 employment position with no benefits. You are essentially a business owner of your publications.
You set your own schedule, meetings,work with business owners and decision makers presenting the advertising programs available in the exclusive neighborhood publications produced each month.
A+ Organization
Opportunity to publish your own magazine with the backing of a professional organization. Well thought out program. Exceptional leadership. Unlimited income potential.
Pros
Opportunity to become a Publisher
Cons
100% Commission
Fun and educational place to work, especially for young journalists
I love working here. I can keep this as a side job since it doesn't take up too much time but I get to to do what I love -- write! The stipend is decent and the employees are pleasant.
Great Place to Work
Happy that I had opportunity to work for the company. They company provided me with an opportunity to better myself. I enjoyed that they always wanted you to give the best version of yourself.
Excellent Experience Working for this Company
Excellent experience working with this company! Top-level leadership is friendly, accessible and works hard to support the team and promote good values and health for employees.
Pros
Transformative company culture with friendly and talented leadership
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities for writers/editors
Would not recommend
No base pay, never reimbursed for any gas used to travel to client locations and never reimbursed for the mandatory training (where you fly out to Milwaukee in order to get the job). You do get 300 dollars as compensation for booking 3 appointments within a certain amount of time from training but everything is very fine print and a little sketchy. They promise you can make big bucks and I'm sure you can, if people buy. Cold calling all day, every day and setting your own schedule is very draining when you never get a paycheck.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
No base pay, cold calling all day everyday, unreal expectations
A good part-time job you can do from home
This was a great job to have while in university/college. You can make your own hours and meet a lot of amazing local people. The pay wasn't fantastic but I had a lot of fun. I worked from home most of the time but there were opportunities to get out and attend local events to get stories to feature. I like to think this job gave me a taste of what its like to be a professional.
Pros
Work from home, make own hours
Cons
Low paying
Commission-only Sales, no Base Salary.
When asked what will be needed to best succeed, my mentor responded that keeping gas in my tank was all that would be needed. No base salary, so the biggest enemy for the sales agent is the clock. Supervisor were trained to dog sales agents with the question, "How many yesses today? Did you get your three?"
Pros
Good management, weak supervisory mentorship.
Cons
Commission only with heavy competition is a rough environment.
Short time spent with the company
Was only with the company for 6 months. It was my first job after graduation. It was a freelance gig so I knew it wasn't going to last very long and that was a while back now. I don't recall anything of importance to report on.
Very rewarding
Requires cold calling and discipline. Heavy sales skills and service sales skills. Relationship building.
The hardest part is the lack of co-worker motivation

The best part is the freedom of setting your own schedule and the ability to schedule your job around your personal life