Best Version Media Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 24, 2018
No base pay, never reimbursed for any gas used to travel to client locations and never reimbursed for the mandatory training (where you fly out to Milwaukee in order to get the job). You do get 300 dollars as compensation for booking 3 appointments within a certain amount of time from training but everything is very fine print and a little sketchy. They promise you can make big bucks and I'm sure you can, if people buy. Cold calling all day, every day and setting your own schedule is very draining when you never get a paycheck.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
No base pay, cold calling all day everyday, unreal expectations
A good part-time job you can do from home
Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 15, 2018
This was a great job to have while in university/college. You can make your own hours and meet a lot of amazing local people. The pay wasn't fantastic but I had a lot of fun. I worked from home most of the time but there were opportunities to get out and attend local events to get stories to feature. I like to think this job gave me a taste of what its like to be a professional.
Pros
Work from home, make own hours
Cons
Low paying
Commission-only Sales, no Base Salary.
Advertisement Executive (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 10, 2018
When asked what will be needed to best succeed, my mentor responded that keeping gas in my tank was all that would be needed. No base salary, so the biggest enemy for the sales agent is the clock. Supervisor were trained to dog sales agents with the question, "How many yesses today? Did you get your three?"
Pros
Good management, weak supervisory mentorship.
Cons
Commission only with heavy competition is a rough environment.
Short time spent with the company
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 21, 2018
Was only with the company for 6 months. It was my first job after graduation. It was a freelance gig so I knew it wasn't going to last very long and that was a while back now. I don't recall anything of importance to report on.
Great Experience
Publisher/Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 8, 2018
I loved the opportunity this position was. Very rewarding and the culture was great. Learned a lot of valuable skills, habits and strategies. I would recommend this to anyone who has an entrepreneurship drive.
Freelance
Layout Artist (Former Employee) –  CanadaAugust 28, 2018
It's good for designers who want to supplement their income and work from home independently. Great procedures and protocol, supportive management team. In addition to graphic design skill must be strong with project management, admin and very assertive.
Great place to work, especially if you want the freedom to run your own business!
Publisher (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJune 11, 2018
It isn't for everyone, but this is a great fit for me. You are really running your own business, so if you don't have the ability to set your own hours and sales calls. They give you the tools and support to succeed. Anyone can do it...even if you do not have a sales or advertising background.
Pros
Ability to be your own boss.
Cons
You have to be able to get by for a few months with no pay from this job.
Great Experience
Associate Publisher (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 24, 2018
I started working at BVM fresh out of college and it was a great experience, (I had to leave due to a family issue). You have to really be self motivated, and work on your own since you're essentially your own boss. I struggled with this since I need some supervision to stay focused. The culture is great and the opportunity is there, but it is all commission, so you could go months with no paycheck. Overall it's a great company with good managers, but I think its better for someone who has experience in being their own boss.
Pros
Independent, supportive managers
Cons
No paycheck right away, too much freedom
Let Go Without Warning.
Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 24, 2018
My boss let me go without warning. He found someone who had previously worked for the company and hired her for my position. I worked there for 3 months, and then didn't even get to finish what I was working on at the time.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Fired without warning.
Too hard without enough support
Associate Publisher (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ONJanuary 15, 2018
This was too difficult of a role without adequate support. I would not recommend this role to anyone. There might be a point when it gets good but it is very difficult to get there.
great company for working flexible part-time hours
Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2017
On a typical day, as content coordinator, I interview people in person and over the phone, write their stories, collect articles from other people and maintain relations with our sponsors who advertise in the magazine. I spend a lot of time at my computer, but I also get out to maintain my connection to what is going on in our community.
The culture is laid back and friendly. I love most of the people I work with, including my managers. I have learned a lot about community relations and advertising from them. I have also sharpened my writing skills significantly.
I love getting to know people in the community and getting to write for a living. I also enjoy the flexibility of the position, so I can still spend time with my family and do volunteer work.
Working with the some of the sponsors can be frustrating, though. Compensation isn't great, and there is no paid time off. There is also not much room for advancement, unless I want to give up the writing portion of my position and focus more on securing advertisers.
Pros
flexibility, autonomy
Cons
no health benefits or paid time off
Fantastic
Publisher (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 18, 2017
Work hard and get rewarded. This is a significant business opportunity. Treat it like your own business. There is a very strong support system in place to make sure you succeed.
Difficult Start-up, great people
Associate Publisher (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 10, 2017
If you can get the business off the ground, you're with some of the best. Management is always supportive and there for you, the compensation structure can get quite lucrative and the other publishers are very friendly and supportive as well.
Fantastic career, strong leadership and empowering culture
Publisher (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 29, 2017
Best Version Media is a company that gets it. There is strong camaraderie in the field, great leadership at the top that inspires and that gives insights beyond the skill required for your daily tasks. Strongly recommend it.
Pros
Fantastic Income, Autonomy, Stature
Great Company
Associate Publisher (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 22, 2017
Best Version Media is a great company with great training and support. CEO is one of the best in the business and is heavily involved in the business. Great place to work and if you are willing to make blind phone calls to set up appointments doing business to business sales this might be for you. If you can be consistent and like being in front of people, a self starter then I doubt you can find a company that has a better commission plan.
Pros
Best Commission in the business, Freedom, Involved in Public
Cons
Getting publication off the ground is tough work, Lots of phone calls to get appointments witha 15 to 1 sales conversion on an average.
Best in the Business
Publisher (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 17, 2017
If you want to be your own boss and have the diligence and drive to be successful then this is the greatest job in the world. You will work harder than you ever have but the end results will change your life forever.
Great company, Great values
Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 3, 2017
Best Version Media is a great company. They really believe in their team members and give them the tools they need to succeed. As a Content Coordinator, I love working with their experts who only make our magazines better!
Great company for a driven person
Account Executive and Publisher (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 25, 2016
I am a publisher with BVM. Warning: Not for the faint of heart, it is very simple, it is very hard, it is very rewarding (financially) . You get all the training, business support, and mentoring by top notch people in the business.
Pros
High commission rate of 80% once you publish, freedom of being an independent contractor.
Cons
Not getting paid during the launch period, dealing with businesses that don't understand the value of branding.
Commission Based
Associate Publisher (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLOctober 26, 2016
Best Version Media is a publishing house across North America with huge distribution to selected target markets. This is a B2B position with a lot of prospecting
Innovative new business approach to print media
Publisher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
Cutting-edge use of micro-targeting consumers with print publications by using methods taken from social media. Monthly community magazines help local businesses reach their target audience while developing a brand. Platform to share stories and bring a sense of community together between homeowners and industry experts in the neighborhood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Version Media. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about