Best Western Employee Reviews

Found 3,411 reviews matching the search See all 4,632 reviews
Enjoyable work environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 16, 2018
Loved this job until new management came in and ultimately let me go. Reasons still unknown to me this day. I guess I wasn't the right fit for the new manager.
Slow Paced Environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXOctober 15, 2018
I worked the night shift at best western so my shifts were actually pretty slow. Would check in the occasional guest, make sure the hotel was kept, tend to guests needs throughout the night, and make breakfast in the morning. The pay could have been better though.
Busy fast paces work office.
Accountant / Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 15, 2018
I started at the front desk and customer service. I was promoted to the back office as the accounting manager of the hotel, restaurant and sports bar. I was responsible for all accounts payable, receivable, employee files and pay, all finances for the property. Working with customers and employees was a gratifying experience that I enjoyed. I had the opportunity to attend the University of Oregon or I would still be at this position.
Pros
Got to meet many great variety of traveling customers.
Cons
I never got a raise when promoted to managment.No benifits package.
Fairly busy work shift, horrible management.
Hotel Concierge and Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 15, 2018
Aside from dealing with occasional problem guests, it's a pretty straight forward job. One major complaint is that the hotel owner cuts many corners, doesn't provide free water for guests, and he personally is a very racist, misogynistic, emotionally abusive person who I dreaded seeing on a daily basis.
Pros
Can take your break whenever there is downtime.
Cons
Dealing with owner and problem guests.
Awful place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davison, MiOctober 15, 2018
Best Western are individual owned franchises. Davison/ Lapeer owners are not all that great. You work your but off. Go above and beyond for minimum wage. There are no benefits and no raises. Would not recommended this job to anyone. If you are not in with the owners click you will lose you job for no reason. When asked why you will not get a responds. Michigan is an at will state and they will let you go just like that. Just bad place you work. Unless you are their golden child
Pros
Free room once a month
Cons
Everything else
Fun and very Strict when is time for work
Internal Auditor / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Belize city, Belize central AmericaOctober 14, 2018
A normal day at work there was always something new to learn and gain experience on like how to be a better communicator with guests and also co-workers. Management are very strict but also considerable with workers, they treated staff as family by making our workplace very fun to work at. I work on checking the daily transaction making sure it is accurate in the system it was fun but
although at night which was my shift I meat guest and personal I love to interact with them by making conversation and at the same time ensuring guest are satisfied and had everything they need. so basically that is a day or night I should say at work.
Pros
Free Dinner & Breakfast
Cons
N/a
Great Experience !
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 14, 2018
Great experience , met a lot of people as well as mentors during my career their, would have stayed their but after working 4 different positions when asked by management , their was never a raise or appreciation in value for my skills as well as my efforts . none the less it was a pleasant experience !
Pros
professional manager
Cons
low pay
It’s poor management, I was let go because it was slow and the manager kept calling me off
Laundry/breakfast (Former Employee) –  Butler, OHOctober 13, 2018
Everything was bad at my recent job. It was poor management, manager and owners were kind of rude, I kept getting called off by the manager. And I was let go because it was slow and because the manager called me off so much.
Best Western is a great company as long as good management is in it
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, GAOctober 13, 2018
Hardest part of the job was understanding why management did certain things but Company all together was good. I enjoyed working with the public and make some great relationships with regular customers. Loyal customers and keeping them was not a goal for the management
Poor work environment
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOOctober 12, 2018
It could have been a nice job if the place would have had a decent manager. They expected each person. To do three persons worth of work. They would expect more workload without giving a raise
Hi
Housekeeper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 12, 2018
Best Western is not a fun place to work. Management is terrible and uncaring individuals. Do not work there at all. Find a different more fun place to work.
Sales
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with the groups that would come in, enjoyed showing future groups our rooms and ammities, it is a beautiful location, the owners are great, they had a new GM that at the time was very had to work with, other than the GM, it was s great place to work. I would still be there, however, my husband was transferred to another part of the state.
Pros
Great Owners
Cons
Gm
Kind and caring atmosphere
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 12, 2018
The company creates a professional, yet friendly atmosphere. I always look forward to coming into work the next day! Management is attentive and caring.
Pros
Kind staff, kind guests, kind management
Cons
Wages
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
Management went above and beyond for employees aleays did everything they could to help out during busy times of the year. Always Provide the best training.
Good job
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 10, 2018
This job was good until we had new management come in and the company went down hill fast. Building was not kept up, customer service starting to go down and business went down.
Relaxed safe environment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAOctober 10, 2018
A daily work day would consist of creating reservations, receiving incoming calls, general help to customers; ex - checking guests in or out, processing payments, making deposits.
Pros
Helping guests
Cons
No benefits
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 10, 2018
A typical work day is cleaning the rooms, vacuuming and making the beds. Taking the laundry down to the laundry room. I worked very well with the other employees.
long hrs with lilttle pay
Head Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 9, 2018
my typical day at work was working 4 am till 12 then back to work in 2 hrs for banquet working 10 more hrs n leave very late having to get up again in 4 am
Cons
hardly any breaks sometimes you get to eat
No complaints
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93727October 8, 2018
No complaints it was a great work environment if I didn’t have to relocate I would still be there employed working for them and if I can I would do so again..
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short breaks
Productive but not so great
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 8, 2018
I like my job but am looking for another job as well! I just need another job to help with some financial issues I got going on & also having problems at work with certain crisis going on
Pros
Lunch break is great
Cons
Somedays don't get breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.3K
31.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Western.

Powered by Comparably