Best Western

Best Western Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA29 reviews
I had a great team at work. When I first started there it was like a lot of strangers doing a job. By the time I left we were all a family. We worked together to get things done. If a department needed help, someone to offer to pitch in and help. I really enjoyed the people that I met at the hotel from all over the world.
Excellent . good . great experience. Good.Good ,Good, Good, Good
Best place to work. Boss ensured to have good balance of work and home. All employees are treated with respect and fairly.
Managers changed frequently. Most days were hectic. Employees are respectful for the most part. Working with a diverse group of customers was fun. I enjoyed my overall employment.
Ha sido grato trabajar para esta compañía ,me gusta lo que hago allí
It was a job where I learned a lot about how to manage a company on morals and standards.I met a lot of great people that helped me with my business and life goals.The hotel owner taught a lot about maintaining a business.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
typical day at work would be dealing with people all day an answer phones
learned better customer service

the management is good just i need to be taught more

the workplace is very clen and well maintanied

hardest part is learning something new on your own

the people i work with and learning new things
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
30 min breaks and paid holidays
This franchise is badly ran from the top down.. There is constant labor shortages because the owner don't meant to pay employees living wage.. Terrible owner very selective in rules and enforcement
Work this please just for 4 month. And you can feel All kind of negative energy by owner and management. Don't pay in time. You have to ask several times for get your own paycheck. zero benefits, don't feel safe, never know when you're going to be kicked out of the job for no reason. They cut my paycheck just bcoz of I decided not to work with them anymore coz of their own attitude. Be careful people before you are work there.make sure you prepare by yourself.
Always short staff. HR never found employees and right employees. Worked double shifts without any help. Management was using personal device watching games, posed very busy.
The owners of the Best Western Manassas are dishonest in almost every way. They cover up mold in rooms with wallpaper, and treat their employees very poorly. They even get bad reviews from guests who witness them yelling at employees to the point where they cry.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
The manager would not schedule me for 40 hours per week and I was only afforded 3 nights and one mid-day shift. This was not enough to make a living and afford my own place.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
the job is simple, if you willing to learn. my day at work goes smoothly. i listen carefully to the customers. and i think that the key for any customer representative.
Pros
discounts in Hotels
Cons
no health benefit
You really never know what to expect dealing with people coming in/Out of there. But everyone working there will greet you with smiles and jokes and is always willing to give a helping hand
I acted responsibly as a personal assistant to guests during their stay. I welcomed guests upon entrance and confirmed their reservations. I acted as a point of reference for guests who need assistance or information. I was required to show an understanding of guest needs and provide them with personalized solutions. I remained knowledgeable of hotel surroundings and ability to inform guests of activities and facilities in the area. I handled financial transactions quickly and effectively. I successfully operated multi-line phone systems and maintained an exceptional level of customer care at all times.
Pros
Free hotel stays
Cons
Late hours on pm and over night shifts
great company to work for the only reason me leaving this company because i got different job offer that offers me more money and position and i also wanted to mover up
Good place to work. Amount of work is pretty fair but can be difficult at times. Good people very friendly.I have enjoyed working there overall but one downside is having to stand pretty much the whole time.
It was nice place to work with. They had very good work ethics, disciplined staff.

Employees used to get DISCOUNT on food they would purchase from the restaurant on property.

We had paid vacation.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Health benefits
it was peaceful for the mane part i loved everyone there i got to meet i lot of great respectable people i would always love to go back to that job never had any bad day with this job i just did file and database work i had a lot of fun i got free lunch it was the best
I had a good experience working such a hotel, with friendly co- workers, neat and cozy place that our guest love the most. Company offers not so bad salary to start with and also health benefits.
I was very impressed with the training and support the BF Saul company gave its hotel and staff. We had a strong hard working crew.
A typical day at work included attending to customers, making sure all finances were correctly settled, and keeping the workplace clean and organized - simultaneously. It was very busy and a lot of work. At this facility, I learned the importance of detail and reading everything I am required to sign. I also learned a great deal about professionalism and time management.

My managers were respectful and patient with me; they gave me consistent feedback and worked with me as much as they could. My coworkers were kind and helpful to me, and they answered any questions I had. They demonstrated each task first, and then allowed me to try the task on my own. Then they would provide feedback.

The most difficult thing about the position was the financial part of it - a lot of detail needed attention and any small mistake could lead to a very big problem. But my coworkers and managers all assured me that there is always a solution, no matter how big the problem.
Pros
Separate space for lunch, employment discount at restaurant
Cons
A lot of down time coupled with a rush of high-paced work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K
1.7K
1.4K
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Western.