Best Western Employee Reviews

Good atmosphere
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 22, 2018
Great people to be and work with just not paid enough to live on. Fast paced environment and the people are great to be around. If the pay was better it would be better
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Low pay
worst place ive ever worked
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 22, 2018
these people are really nasty and just looking for money. They use the same things over and over and sometimes dont wash them, they run out of everything because management sucks and the housekeepers are left to deal with it. They have bed bugs and dont even clean properly and the list goes on.
poorly
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 21, 2018
The Day and Nights were long and the employees were hateful, But I learned a lot because I had to figure out everything with no help or gaudiness. It was to stressful with the negative environment.
Pros
Would say free water but we didnt even get that.
Cons
The People that i worked with
Only do if necessary
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYMay 21, 2018
While working at Best Western, the company was understaffed, underpaid, overworked, received little to no benefits, and had to face customer lash back caused by the owner choices of money cutbacks. Some benefits of working here included tips left by customers, free breakfast, and discounts if not free stays at the current Best Western or one in another city. Also, this job includes a disgusting sort of cleaning considering how dirty the room(s) were left which happened all too often.
Pros
free breakfast, tips sometimes
Cons
over worked
Great workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 21, 2018
exceptional customer service, Friendly guest, and co-workers, clean hotel, great benefits, flexible work schedules.Management was excellent and respectful
Great coworkers, nice management, hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIMay 16, 2018
I loved working with the coworkers I had, and the management was very friendly. You worked at a quick pace, have a certain amount of time to get a room cleaned. You start at 9am, and could get done anywhere between 12pm to 3pm, depending how many guests you had.
Cons
Short 15 minute break
Best Western Hotel
Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALMay 16, 2018
Best Western Hotel was a good place to work for a part- time job the people are very sweet and understanding if you ever need a friend the manger will be there for you.
interesting location
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COMay 15, 2018
loved the environment of the hotel! had lots to offer guests! great location in the area, kinda away from loud surroundings
the staff there was very well organized and it was a tight running system that worked well for the hotel
Needs benefits & more money
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAMay 15, 2018
This job has it's ups and downs but overall it could be a wonderful place to work and retire from if it had the benefits and the insurance you need for retirement.
New owners dont know how to run a business
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 15, 2018
The job was easy but the owners wont delegate so they are the managers and they dont know how to run a business. They were rude to the regulars and talked behind all the employees back.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Owners dont know what they're doing, low paying, no benefits, cant stay in hotel, no discounts
Productive work place and some likable people
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 15, 2018
Good job with some rewards when you work by yourself. Sometimes it gets boring when you are working in Night shift but at the same token it's also peaceful. Sometimes customers are annoying but that's what you get when you work in customer service.
Pros
Decent pay. Peaceful night shift
Cons
No benefits. Pays low. Bratty customers.
Great staff
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2018
We start our day upon the arrival of our housekeeping team with a smile and appreciation with the staff members. The hardest part of the job was that the GM of that property would not give enough liberty to make work related decisions even when he is not around .
Pros
understanding staff
Cons
no benefits
productive and high customer service volume
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
Great company to work for, I was happy with the benefits and short amount of time it took to move up on positions. I learned new hands on skills and took pride in the work I provided for the guests and company.
Pros
good hours
Cons
varied schedule
It is a great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnet, TXMay 14, 2018
At Best Western we strive to provide great customer service. It is a great place to work where everyone is treated just like family. You get to work with a diverse group of people so great communication skills are a must.
Front Desk
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 12, 2018
The front desk have a great relationship with each other. We are true team players. However, the other parts of the company are not and it sometimes can make things difficult at the front desk when other departments are less than productive.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No benefits
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbia, KYMay 11, 2018
I enjoyed the leaning experience of my first hotel experience and learning all the duties that came with housekeeping in the hotel industry. I would not however advise anyone to go with a hotel who does not appreciate their employees or the lack of pay. Daily jobs included, stripping beds, cleaning rooms, some deep cleaning when necessary. Making sure all standards were met and how I wanted a room to look if I was a guest.
Pros
Cons
low pay, lack of-consistent hours, no benefits
Never know what to expect
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 10, 2018
Typical day starts with morning check outs, run reports and empty key cards with making reservations. Answer phones and help with guest in the lobby. o
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Sometimes working by yourself
Not the best work place
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2018
It is very demanding for little to no pay to compensate the stress level offered at this hotel/company. Management besides myself is very poor in choices and cause a lot of internal conflict among our employees and managers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay, benefits, terrible manager/ owner
relaxing, calm
Hotel Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
working here has it ups and down but mostly its ups. you meet a lot of new people, see a lot of new faces, management was understanding about everything an that was my favorite thing about working there
Good exercise while working.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaMay 8, 2018
This was a great job, friendly staff and it was located on a beautiful beach. This company also provided staff accommodation and a bonus at the end of the summer.
Pros
Discounted food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Western.