Best Western Employee Reviews

Found 3,245 reviews matching the search See all 4,425 reviews
A supportive employer
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 21, 2018
The Best Western Management supported their crew, which is very important in the hospitality industry. I learned quality industry standards, which I am very thankful for.
Wonderful place to work until new management took over
Assistance Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Branson West, MOJuly 21, 2018
There was room for advancement almost immediately, I was promoted twice in the first six months of employment. Had to work well with others and guests everyday.
Faced paced environment friendly staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZJuly 20, 2018
Clean environment friendly staff great support team fast paced. Typical day at work would be stripping bed sheets pillowcases and other linen and make the bed with clean fresh linen. Dust and wipe down all furniture clean restroom restock toiletries vacuum
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not a good place to work
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 19, 2018
Poor management. Not enough of help. Employees are not nice people and the employer is not nice either. Don't get paid enough. I would recommend working at any other hotel
An OK Company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
Working at Best Western's corporate offices is a mixed bag. The campus is located in the nice Biltmore district of Phoenix, AZ. Covered parking is ubiquitous (a rare and much-welcomed luxury in Arizona), and there's on-site chefs who cook awesome meals. However, if you get a job in BW's supply/design department, be prepared for long hours, hectic/stressful work, and negative attitudes from employees. The pay is lackluster, and the raises are few and far between. The benefits are also below-average to save the company money. If you must work here, try not to get stuck in the aforementioned supply/design department (the other departments tend to be better).
Pros
On-site chef for excellent meals.
Cons
Low-ish pay, stressful environment, long hours.
Had a very bad exsperence poor management
Breakfast Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 18, 2018
Very poor management the exsperence was horrible to work their with mangers they need new managers they don't have it all together very unorganized at the time.
Hard on back.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJuly 18, 2018
It's too hard on back and they were too picky about the beds and the extra work and and being done by a certain time. I never got a uniform to wear. Always getting yelled at by the supervisor. That was to the hole group not just me.
Great facility!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 18, 2018
This facility was under reasonable and well worked management.
Learned how to maintain a tight and pressured work pace.
Didn't have any problems with management under any circumstances.
Exciting productive work Zone
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 17, 2018
You really never know what to expect dealing with people coming in/Out of there. But everyone working there will greet you with smiles and jokes and is always willing to give a helping hand
it was ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDJuly 17, 2018
had a god day . I learned what ever I did not now . management was rude .work place ok .hardest part of job. cleaning lots of rooms. the most enjoyable part of the job. meeting new people .
Good work environment. Nice mgt. Nice employees. Low Income
2ND SHIFT GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 16, 2018
Good work environment. Nice mgt. Nice employees/co-workers. Friendly mgt is helpful to new-hires. Hotel guests nice. Good work schedule. Consistent work schedule plus!
Pros
Good work environment, Good work, Good work schedule, Keeps you working throughout shift. Nice Mgt Nice employees
Cons
Low Income
Relaxed Workplace
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
A typical workday is comprised of few things happening:
- People checking into their hotels
- People having problems with their WiFi, worker's are expected to help
- Relaxed work especially after hours (12 AM - 6 AM)
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low pay, can potentially get robbed
Great place to get started on a career
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work when starting out in the hotel field. The location was a very fast passed but it is also a great stepping stone. Not a place I suggest to stay at for longer then what is needed.
it was a job
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 16, 2018
it was a job it put food on the table and paid rent but not something i want to do my whole life especially if i'm seeking to further my education in the future.
very nice place to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJuly 16, 2018
nice place to work for.the management is also nice.i like my job cause you get to meet different people that stay there.The hardest part of my job is when someone don't show up for work.
Productive alot of cleaning friendly team and i really loved it one of my firat jobs
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 15, 2018
I had the best experience working here it was pretty hard at first but once i got the routine down i loved the job ever since i loved to do housekeeping
Fun place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJuly 13, 2018
A very peaceful place to work at. Co-workers were very nice as well. I had a lot of fun working at Best Western since everyone was very kind and they were goofy as well. They were also great workers and they were very helpful as well.
Pros
free cookies
Cons
Co-workers were the best but dealing with guests can be a pain
Front Desk/Valet/Bell Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 13, 2018
During certain times of the summer, it can be pretty non-stop and during holiday weekends it can be a nightmare. The best part was the people who I worked with and the location (by the beach).
Enjoyable
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXJuly 13, 2018
Working with Best Western was like working with family! Not only did we work hard together as a team but we also celebrated achievements together. Making this job best for learning teamwork!
Corrupt and over worked
Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 13, 2018
It may have changed and I sincerely hope it does, but the GM was cutting hours off payroll and did not allow for employees to receive a raise. Worked constantly and never had enough supplies.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.2K
31K

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Western.

Powered by Comparably