Best Western Employee Reviews

Found 3,583 reviews matching the search See all 4,848 reviews
great coworkers
Hotels and Resorts Front Desk and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJanuary 16, 2019
The manager was sort of heartless and hard to please but my coworkers and work environment were great. All the customers were super nice and fun to. I loved helping them! Made my job worth having.
Best horrible job I have ever had.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 16, 2019
I was hired with the expectations of having flexible hours for my kids. It didn't happen. The management staff were great to work with, but the fellow cleaning crew was horrible. They were slow and ran the clock, so they could get their hours. The manager's would allow them to treat the new workers poorly because they have worked there for a lot of years. The job itself was great. It was a easy to follow instructions on how each room should be cleaned. Very easy instructions. Overall, it was the best, worst job, I have ever had.
Pros
Easy step by step instructions
Cons
Lazy and slow crew, short breaks
They falsely accused me of taking boots from a checkouts room when I didn't even have the check out on my list
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIJanuary 16, 2019
Very naggy, druggies,tip thiefs,repetitive,under paid & rude the woman managing there has control issues & overworks people they call you down for the same meeting each day they nag about the same stuff over and over again they treat you like you're in jail and someone's always on your a*s about something after you're done busting your a*s all day long cleaning rooms they try to make you do other work like clean public areas or help someone else I also got accused of stealing some boots but I didn't even have that room and they try to tell me that they caught me on camera walking out with them but in reality they just wanted to pin it on someone because they want to make themselves look better I had a bag of booze and they try to tell me I had the boots in there!
Pros
Everything sucked
Best Western
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Best Western is independently owned and operated by a hotel management company, Visions-Hotels. Best Western as a team is great. Visions-Hotels as a management company is satisfactory.
It was good
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAJanuary 15, 2019
All independently own so different things may apply at other Best Western hotels. We worked the whole day through with no breaks most of the time we're alone at our location.
Its a job
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Canton, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Its alright if you need a job, but isn't worth the pay. Can be stressful at times. Expectations are way too high. You keep being told to watch your time, but then get told to go back over things if you missed something. They will keep adding on stuff to do and tell you to watch your time.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours, low pay, hard work
Cool
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Great work and the kids was great company had tup share everything okay 50% off rooms friends and family friendly food on site plenty of time to get relaxing
Pros
Free food
Cons
huge hotel with affordable rates
Cook (Current Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJanuary 15, 2019
It has amazing breakfast with affordable rates and clean rooms. Excellent customer service care from all employees as well. Pet friendly and its right next to Walmart and a bunch of restaurants.
Pros
wonderful tasting food great service
Cons
never any food to cook
Desauno
Hosekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Buenos compañeros de trabajo. Buena compañia y mucho trabajo
Productive and busy
Housekeeper and Laundry (Current Employee) –  Milroy, PAJanuary 13, 2019
It’s fast paced some times when it’s busy but otherwise it’s not bad. When the days are slow you don’t get a lot of hours so your pay checks are small.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Low salary
Average opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hugo, OKJanuary 12, 2019
Assist in grooming personal time management skills. Workforce grows together. Provides helpful positive customer service skills. Negative experiences involving customers are rare. Selective hiring provides stable workforce.
Pros
Personal skill groomimg
Cons
None worth mentioning.
Slow-Paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Reservations, phones and data entry. Worked during a renovation; Made the job a lot more interesting and enjoyable. Management team was terrible because of verbal abuse shown to several employees.
Pros
Transportation was convenient, lunch break, free meals on some occasions, fun co-workers, got to meet Keith Sutherland in person.
Cons
Mean Manager, Verbally Abusive, Hours Kept Changing, No Room For Growth.
Fast-paced environment with many twists and turns
Executive Chef/Kitchen ManagerExecutive chef (Former Employee) –  Burley IdahoJanuary 11, 2019
Fast-paced environment with many twists and turns. It’s a job where you need to stay on your feet and be able to think quickly and make decisions that will be best for the company and your coworkers. The job can be stressful at times but the reward is always worth it. Great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Being able to interact with people and recognition from Staff
Cons
Long hours and constant changes the schedule
Productive at time
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
The most hardest part of my job was cleaning the rooms for the stay over guest. which are very pacific about there rooms being area cleaned with very little time to clean them!
Poor management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2019
We were not given the proper tools to perform our job. Management was disorganized. Theft by co-workers was a problem. No proper protection provided for employees.
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work
productive place of work only good thing
Front Desk Agent/Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Was never a dull moment at the place, very stressful only good thing about that place was the employees were very nice, and the front desk manager, the owner was very rude and mean to women if you made a mistake, he will make sure you feel bad about it the front desk manager was crying because he was so hard on her, and he was very mean to me as well a lot of people quit since then even me and the front desk manager quit as well. Just hope in the near future there will be a better owner there, he is also abusive towards the women there as well
Pros
not fun place to work
Cons
owner is very mean to women
Competitve
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clifton, COJanuary 9, 2019
There was about 5 of us housekeepers all together & majority of the ones that I worked with "daily" were either rude, unpleasant to be around because of their poor attitude/moods, sloppy, or extremely bossy. it was always like a completion on who could finish the rooms they were assigned first or who did it more efficiently. Say that you missed a spot maybe 2, in one room out of the 6-8 that you had right? You would get belittled , talked down on & pretty much punished like getting your hours cut. It was ridiculous in all honesty.
Pros
tips
Cons
everything else. literally.
Everybody is great to work with
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 8, 2019
There are great co-worker here very helpful in training for front desk. I started as a laundry attendant was able to change departments to the front desk. Everything got explained to me very well and there was a step by step book I could follow.
small motel
Front Desk Agent, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJJanuary 8, 2019
this motel was a small motel where people did their best to compete with other properties in the area, but couldn't quite keep up. The staff was ok. The owners didn't give money to the hotel, so lots of problems went unaddressed.
Pros
staff, easygoing atmosphere
Cons
low pay, not enough hours
Very dirty place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Delta, UTJanuary 8, 2019
Old outdated, the outside was poorly managed, everything was disgusting. The people were nice to work for. They had bed bugs I don't know if they still do or not. They let people live there for a long period of time and that room was the worst of all to clean, felt uncomfortable cleaning the rooms when guest's were still in them.
Pros
morning shifts
Cons
working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Best Western.

Powered by Comparably