BESTCO Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Educational,Hard working enjoyable place to work with great management
Palletizer/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 27, 2018
Take inventory of tasks to perform during the work day,Gathered necessary materials to perform work tasks,Fulfill all task to complete the work day. Learned State and federal regulations pertaining to sanitatation in the workplace. Inspect and palletize product to fulfill work orders. Management was dedicated,hardworking,diligent,reliable and an honor to work with. Workplace culture was excellent throughout my recent employment with bestco. Honestly, there was no actual hard part of the job with the tools made accessible to the employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing your work day would go smoothly every day.
Pros
Great management
Favortism
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 24, 2018
The whole company operates on favoritism, if you're not part of the in crowd you will be met with aggression for doing your job. They say they take quality seriously but don't actually want you to do your job. They will repeatedly ask you to look the other way and get angry and aggressive if you refuse, even though its your name you are signing to that check. HR is a joke and will not do anything except blame you as well, this is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Work Culture, Management, Hr, Not Enough Parking for Employees
Prepare to be overworked and unappreciated
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 3, 2018
The work load is overwhelming. Everyone is stressed and miserable which explains why so many people quit. More and more duties get piled on to our everyday duties. Expectations are unrealistic. Vacation time is the worst Ive had (you get about 1.5 hours of vacation per week). You will rarely get to leave work on time. Some days you may not even get a break and/or lunch. Lab managers are very friendly however they seem to be out of touch with how stressful the chemist role is because they keep adding on more work. The salary for this position should be at least 10k more per year. You get trained on EVERYTHING on the lab in a short period of time... so at least you'll have different instrumentation to add to your resume...
Pros
Nice lab managers and coworkers
Cons
Skipped lunches/breaks, unwanted overtime, unrealistic workload, underpaid, stress
High standard of quality
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 15, 2018
A good place to work. Production and quality high standards. Most days are steady.. Quality and safety are very important. Temp jobs for entry positions but it usually takes at least a year to get permanent posiyion.
Pros
Steady work. High quality standards
Cons
Overtime most weeks
Fun and productive
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 4, 2018
Worked there through a temp agency, which really wasn’t my goals there but had no choice at the time. It was a fun and clean place to work. Very productive and some places were more fast paced then others.
interesting learning environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 26, 2017
I abosolutely loved the continuous learning process of machine operations. .However, i was a floater amount departments because I was a contract worker.Some departments was very slow and there wasn't much to learn doing routine jobs (packaging ).. Their was an awful amount of favoritism. The management was ok in some departments. A lot of the Bestco employees frowned up on Temp workers ..They showed lots of superiority and treated you like dirt if you wasnt in their social circle. I wasnt affected by this that much..Bestco employees would take advantage of temps taking extremely long breaks,excessive disappearing acts and laziness leaving you to do their work and if you complained they would try to get rid of you saying "you have an attitude ".. They would promote or hire their picks regardless of work ethics ... I left because they dont offer u a job when your hours are in..you have to bid on a job that you've been doing just so they can give it to someone else...
Pros
constant learning..company luncheons
Cons
Bestco employees. .favoritism
strict work place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 16, 2017
at bestco its really strict but its a good paying job its many different parts to work in and everyone there is welcoming and helpful. They make cough drops and other candies.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks and strict
Terrible management
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  MooSeptember 22, 2017
Bad management, favortism, not enough pay for amount of workload, no sick days, a lot of lying from upper management as well as overworking hours no matter your home life
Pros
Pay for some
Cons
Management, no sick days, parking, working hours
Good first job, great benefits, underpays
Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I started working in the qc lab straight out of college and the pay was low but they trained me how to do run many instruments that will benefit me later in my career (hplc, gc, ftir, flame aa). Good insurance at a really low price, good 401k, vacation and sick time off, nice break room. HOWEVER pay is lower than at other similar places and promotions are not that common in the quality department. I feel because you are getting good benefits, the company thinks they can be cheaper on the pay but I guess it's a trade off. They are also EXTREMELY busy, very fast paced environment with plenty of overtime to offer; they may make you work overtime whether you want to or not when things get crazy. I have been here 5 years now and I am ready to move on, but good starting job for experience.
Pros
Great insurance, 401k, wellness program
Cons
Below average pay, very busy
It's a company that have too many cliques and they discriminate openly.
Weigh and Dispense Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NC 28115July 5, 2017
Some management does care about their employees or their input. My supervisor never listened to what we as employees had to say, and never took time to learn our job but always was willing to make changes and critique our job performance alot.
Pros
Good competitive pay
Cons
Employees aren't treated well by upper management. They do not listen to the worker's input enough
Very fun, easy, calm.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 12, 2017
BestCo was by far the best job I have ever worked at. I loved my job so much. From meeting new people, to being able to sit on the job. To being able to do what you want, while at the same time doing your job.
Pros
Sitting on the job, new friends, working in different departments, helping operate machines.
Cons
No smoking section, couldn't leave the building at anytime.
Great company for employees who have been with the company for over 5 years.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCApril 7, 2017
The company has a lot of potential It will be highly success once the tiny team culture removes the barriers between the tiny teams and embraces all employees as equals based on who they are and not job functions
Pros
President, Ceo, and EVP are awesome
Cons
Too much favoritism, unbalanced reward system(s)
Bestco was full of people friendly work oriented individuals. i was avdise and refer anyone to them
Bagger Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCApril 6, 2017
Working for Bestco was a great experience. I hardly ever had anything to complain about the employer was pretty fare with its associates. pretty down to earth people i would say. if offered a job i would go back.
Pros
awarded us with free dinners on our breaks now and then
Cons
bathroom breaks were limited
Its a job
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Hard to become full time instead of remaining a temp. But it is a job that pays. Work is consistent and your given anything that you need to do your job efficiently. This company is improving but still has some ways to go.
Poorly Run Company
Engineering (Current Employee) –  NcAugust 28, 2016
Bestco was a great company 5 years ago. New management has ruined the company. They no longer care about the people. Now you are just a number not a person. It's sad because this was a very good company before the new management destroyed it. The production workers are unhappy with the people who are now running the company into the ground.
Pros
You get a pay check every two weeks.
Cons
Unhappy work environment for everyone.
very productive workplace with a nice breakroom.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 12, 2016
I had great coworkers that worked very hard with me to complete orders correctley. We had 4 paid breaks a day 3 10 minute breaks and a 20 minute lunch.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short breaks
Productive environment and tiring positions
Packer (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 26, 2016
Bestco is not a bad place to start out at if you just need the money to support and sustain life. However if you want family time, overtime, your beliefs and things of that nature to be honored then you can forget a bout applying at Bestco.
Productive, but tense environment
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists of supporting production, analyzing finished and stability products as well as qualifying raw materials for use. The past year I've been exposed to a cGMP, FDA regulated environment.
Bad experience
EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  mooresville, NCJune 25, 2015
poor management, favoritism, discrimination, stressful, no recognition.
Co workers were helpful and some friendly
long work hours
Pros
lunches, contacts, learning
Cons
poor management
A great first job experience
line worker (Former Employee) –  mooresvilleSeptember 15, 2014
After I finished school I needed work and got hired here. The hours can be long but pay is decent. The people are also friendly and I became good friends with some of my co-workers.
Pros
pay, management, good work
Cons
hours can be long