Bestmark

Bestmark Employee Reviews

United States20 reviews
This allowed me to be a secret shopper trying different businesses and restaurants while being paid for it. It was not a lot of money, but it was fun to do.
Pros
I determined hours
Cons
Not a lot of pay
Didn't find Bestmark to be worth the time or money. They have very specific requirements on the shops with zero wiggle room. On a recent shop, I went to Port of Subs and paid $14 on two subs with a $12 reimbursement and $5 in compensation. I had forgotten to ask the name of one of the associates not wearing a nametag, but had his description and he was the only male out of just 3 employees on shift when I was in. The rest of the shop had fully detailed information including this person's description. Because of missing his name, the shop was invalid and I'm out an hour of my time, and $14 on two moderately gross subs. It could be a cool gig to get free things, but the risk is too high on if you make a human error to not be reimbursed for things I would never typically purchase.
Cons
Poor compensation, high risk of no reimbursement or compensation
I was getting assignments an hour before, and at least 30 mins away. 15 dollar reimbursement for spending 30...I dont think so.I would never go back!!!
The Quality Control Editors are the RUDEST people of all here. No matter how humble & polite you treat them, they talk down to you on the phone & in emails as though your TRASH. Management & Field Supervisors that were once awesome, have turned into total Jerks as well.
The hardest part of the job involves lots of writing. A typical day at work is evaluating employees to make sure they are doing their job. Your aloud to manage your own time and schedule shops when you want to do them. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid about $20.00 an hour.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
Lots of writing
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
What I liked the most about this job was that I could work at home and work around my family's schedule. I learned how to quickly proofread and edit surveys.
It is easy and I am able to be home with my daughter. I am given certain amount of points a day, and then able to work on those for a certain amount of time.
I worked on my own schedule.The compensation was good. I balanced my time with their deadlines. I had to drive to different locations and make an on line report for each evaluation. It can take about one hour-two hours.
Pros
Sometimes you can get a free meal or oil change on your car as part of the evaluation.
Cons
Sometimes there is not enough jobs.
I've been doing mystery shops for a while now because it allows me to be a stay at home mother and earn a little income without having to pay for day care services. I enjoy giving feedback on customer service and products provided and it has kept me active with modern technology, since it is all online. I work well independently and appreciate the freedom of managing my own schedule. Plus mystery shopping is a good way to get out and interact with others in a friendly way.
I've been working as an independent contractor, scheduling audits for car dealerships. So far I have preformed 4 only been paid for 1 but that's because my,position only gets paid twice a month. I am expecting more checks in mail. I do not have any complaints
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Low pay
Bestmark has an incredible culture of people who care about doing work efficiently, and with pride. The company sincerely provides support, and attention to it's employee's concerns. The honesty, integrity, and respect for their employees is overwhelmingly evident. Bestmark exemplifies the meaning of a company built to support it's employees, while getting the job done right for their clients.
Pros
Support from Management, and respect for employees.
Cons
There are no cons.
Unfortunately this job paided poorly but was fun too do while earning a few dollars. I could set my own schedule and is why I had choosen to do this one job so long despite the regid rules.
Pros
Set my own schedules
Cons
Low wages when working locally. Cannot do more than one per day.
This company was a good place to start considering its a family business. I started at a young age and worked alongside my 6 older brothers and learned the value of hard work and teamwork. Scheduling was very flexible and usually was scheduled to work around my education. Hardest part of the job dealing with personal issues within the family. The most enjoyable was knowing and always having work when I needed it.
Pros
Free lunches, was driven to work each day
Cons
No healthcare, no bonuses or vacation paid time off or sick days.
Typical day at work is good, just do as the paperwork tells you.
I learned very specific company information that I will not share out of my own personal integrity.

Management is reviewed at stores by you.

I have no co workers, I work for best mark in a best buy store. We work for different companies and have different goals.

The hardest part of the job were the judgements made about the store and people that worked at the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience that will be carried throughout my career.
I get to check on different companies employees and rate their customer service at different companies.
Pros
Able to make own schedule
Cons
Not full time
This position allows you to schedule assignments based on convenience and interests.
Pros
flexibilty
conducting anonymous surveys at some of your favorite restaurants, hotels, retail stores.

You work alone and manage your own time and schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being eat, shop and play for payment and or reimbursements.
Pros
free food, free car services, free night at hotels.... many perks
Cons
no benefits since you are a contractor
This company has reasonable compensation and few benefits. They require salary after 90 period - for entry level positions - they require a lot of overtime and will not pay time and half. They have unreasonable expectations and demands for their employees. Within a 6 month period, I was #10 to leave the company. I highly do NOT recommend seeking employment from BestMark.
Pros
location
Cons
no pto or paid sick time.
An individual would have to be desperate to do this work. BestMark will give you 1 hour of pre-shop study material(all their specifications as to just what and how you must do everything, including a test) ... then 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete their detailed shop and driving time, then another hour to complete the actual paperwork submitted online with all the details of the 'shop' written up for them. In my case, it was $15.00 offered for what would have been 4 hours of work plus gas expense out of my pocket. I did not do the 1st shop requested because of this negative financial impact.
Pros
can work when you want
Cons
terrible pay
I enjoy working for Bestmark because I can pick my work hours. I usually can do shops were I will be refunded for things I like doing.
Pros
free meals, tanning etc.
Cons
shortage of shops