Bestway Rent To Own Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst Experience Ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 13, 2018
Terrible people, terrible company. Management lies to employees, and to customers. If you enjoy working with roaches and angry people, this is the company for you.
Very competitive business
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 5, 2018
Used to manage with Bestway got to experience things I’ve never done at any job. Never flown in an air plane Bestway I flown 3 times in 1 year and met some great people along the way. I resigned in the fears of being bought out by buddy’s home furnishings.
Pros
Great pay with benefits
Cons
Staffing- my area no one wanted to work
Worst Rto Company Ever Run while you still can.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 28, 2018
Constant management changes. You as a sales rep know nothing at all you are viewed as inept even though the delivery guys make or break the store. Shown zero respect. You're expendable. Have to buy your own uniform shirts. Delivery's thrown in on the schedule that weren't there before and management blames it on you for the delivery not being meet. Unrealistic expectations of employees. Run while you still can.
Pros
Hour lunch
Decent Pay, Terrible Work/Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2018
Overall a decent company to work for. Current CEO has a strong emphasis on sales and not much else. Overly pressured sometimes on sales. Big culture change in the last year, some good and some not so much.
Work/Life balance isn't very good. Most employees work 45+ hours per week. Most general managers work 60+ hours per week. They do offer some incentives, but they aren't nearly what they should be to put up with some of the clientele and the constant pressure.
Pros
Good employee purchase program, decent pay
Cons
Work/Life balance, job insecurity
Micro management
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 14, 2018
If you want a job where everything is laid out step by step in a check list then this is the job for you. And God forbid if you were to miss a step regardless of how busy you are. While this company does offer recognition for achievements, be ready to be expected to do amazing every day. Accomplishments of last week doesn't mean a thing about this week. If you do great for several weeks and have an off week, be prepared to be chewed out as if that was a normal week.
Pros
No worry of reduced hours due to slow periods.
Cons
NEVER have a Saturday off unless you take a vacation.
Horrible company to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 22, 2018
Save yourself the trouble and don't work for this company! The hours are long and the management is horrible! I worked as a sales manager. The quota was unrealistic. The company has such a bad reputation of screwing over the customers that none of them will do business anymore. They also screw over the workers and if you don't meet their unrealistic quotas, they will fire you on the spot.
Pros
Hour long lunch and decent pay.
Cons
Everything about that place!
excellent
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2018
Owners listened to employees input and used that information to grow the company. Employees were treated very well.

Bonuses were excellent for good results and people were never threaten with losing their jobs as a way of motivating sales.
Pros
great place to work, was like family
Cons
I saw no cons
Moderate paced job.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 5, 2018
Great place to work. Do workers are great people and you meet new people everyday. Pay could be better and could have more time at home but if you like meeting new people then this is for you
One of the best jobs i have ever had the pleasure of working for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  York, SCMarch 26, 2018
Days go by so fast its amazing. I look forward to comming into work every day and my managers are like my family. Long hours but the pay is the best I have ever had. I feel like I am valued as an employee. I like how when I have a problem my peeps make sure im taken care of. I take care of my peeps too. Its a family at bestway. Wish the roads were faster so I could be better for our customers. But otherwise I love my job.
Pros
Free lunch almost every week. Bonus opportunity every month. Room for advancement.
Cons
Not everything can go according to plan. Its life.
Not a good place to work if you're looking for improvement.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2018
I worked here for 7 months as a sales manager. I never received proper training and was never rewarded for a good job. Management all the way to CEO is incompetent and workload is impossible.
Pros
Cons
High turnover
fast paced
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 4, 2018
Very fast paced, I really meeting new people daily, it can be fun at times, the bonuses are pretty good on average, but its lack of management, a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Bonuses
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2018
A typical days work was good just depended on the assignments for the day, management was ok. The hardest part of this job was trying to get furniture in and out of homes and apartments. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to move around to different locations and didn't have to be in place all day.
Not good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  It going okFebruary 20, 2018
It was great starting then just got crazy i have had three dm 4 store manger's just crazy for real just want to work for a good company. Some people is ok to work with other not so much
Pros
Cons
Bad work envorment
sometime fun working environment
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNFebruary 9, 2018
decent place to work, good bonus program, and get to meet new people daily, (must be a peoples person) room to advance at 1st, learn how to assemble furniture and appliances.
I loved managing the location
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 29, 2018
I loved working for this company until they hired the new GM . He had been fired from a similar business . I couldn't work for this person. He had really bad ethics.
This is a “Rent to Never Own”
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJanuary 23, 2018
I worked at Best Way for about 2 years. 6 months as a MIT and 1-1/2 as a store manager. The turn over with the company is astronomical. They are not able to hire experienced managers as pay is 20% less than most rent-to-own companies, so they are constantly promoting warm bodies.(throwing to the wolves) Managers roll over constantly,either fired for credit issues or quit. You can find a better job in this economy.
Pros
Taught me the meaning of corporate greed.
Cons
Stores are purposely understaffed
Would not recommend
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 22, 2018
Not enough pay work way to many hours would not recommend. Need something else that treats you like a human. This company may work for someone else just not me
lay out
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 12, 2018
good company they show you everything you need to know .good people all the way to the home office .all you have to do is show up in a good mood and be ready to work
Not the best job
Sales Manager Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, IN New Albany, INJanuary 1, 2018
Job has high stress. No home life balance until work complete. Mgmt will train and will help from time to time. Pay is high expectation are too. I would use this as a experience only type job
Pros
Lunches paid for sales goals
Cons
Mgrs are stressful job is high stress
Difficult home life, every minute was about the job.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 21, 2017
Very stressful place to work,there was no quality home life, could not leave work on certain days of the week until company credit standards were met, which would be nearly 12 or 1 in the middle of the night.
Pros
Free lunches when company sales goals were hit
Cons
Long hours, no home life.