Bestway Rent To Own Employee Reviews

Micro management
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 14, 2018
If you want a job where everything is laid out step by step in a check list then this is the job for you. And God forbid if you were to miss a step regardless of how busy you are. While this company does offer recognition for achievements, be ready to be expected to do amazing every day. Accomplishments of last week doesn't mean a thing about this week. If you do great for several weeks and have an off week, be prepared to be chewed out as if that was a normal week.
Pros
No worry of reduced hours due to slow periods.
Cons
NEVER have a Saturday off unless you take a vacation.
Horrible company to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 22, 2018
Save yourself the trouble and don't work for this company! The hours are long and the management is horrible! I worked as a sales manager. The quota was unrealistic. The company has such a bad reputation of screwing over the customers that none of them will do business anymore. They also screw over the workers and if you don't meet their unrealistic quotas, they will fire you on the spot.
Pros
Hour long lunch and decent pay.
Cons
Everything about that place!
excellent
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2018
Owners listened to employees input and used that information to grow the company. Employees were treated very well.

Bonuses were excellent for good results and people were never threaten with losing their jobs as a way of motivating sales.
Pros
great place to work, was like family
Cons
I saw no cons
One of the best jobs i have ever had the pleasure of working for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  York, SCMarch 26, 2018
Days go by so fast its amazing. I look forward to comming into work every day and my managers are like my family. Long hours but the pay is the best I have ever had. I feel like I am valued as an employee. I like how when I have a problem my peeps make sure im taken care of. I take care of my peeps too. Its a family at bestway. Wish the roads were faster so I could be better for our customers. But otherwise I love my job.
Pros
Free lunch almost every week. Bonus opportunity every month. Room for advancement.
Cons
Not everything can go according to plan. Its life.
Not a good place to work if you're looking for improvement.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2018
I worked here for 7 months as a sales manager. I never received proper training and was never rewarded for a good job. Management all the way to CEO is incompetent and workload is impossible.
Pros
Cons
High turnover
fast paced
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 4, 2018
Very fast paced, I really meeting new people daily, it can be fun at times, the bonuses are pretty good on average, but its lack of management, a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Bonuses
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2018
A typical days work was good just depended on the assignments for the day, management was ok. The hardest part of this job was trying to get furniture in and out of homes and apartments. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to move around to different locations and didn't have to be in place all day.
Not good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  It going okFebruary 20, 2018
It was great starting then just got crazy i have had three dm 4 store manger's just crazy for real just want to work for a good company. Some people is ok to work with other not so much
Pros
Cons
Bad work envorment
sometime fun working environment
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNFebruary 9, 2018
decent place to work, good bonus program, and get to meet new people daily, (must be a peoples person) room to advance at 1st, learn how to assemble furniture and appliances.
I loved managing the location
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 29, 2018
I loved working for this company until they hired the new GM . He had been fired from a similar business . I couldn't work for this person. He had really bad ethics.

Want to know more about Bestway Rent To Own?

Ask a question
This is a “Rent to Never Own”
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJanuary 23, 2018
I worked at Best Way for about 2 years. 6 months as a MIT and 1-1/2 as a store manager. The turn over with the company is astronomical. They are not able to hire experienced managers as pay is 20% less than most rent-to-own companies, so they are constantly promoting warm bodies.(throwing to the wolves) Managers roll over constantly,either fired for credit issues or quit. You can find a better job in this economy.
Pros
Taught me the meaning of corporate greed.
Cons
Stores are purposely understaffed
Would not recommend
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 22, 2018
Not enough pay work way to many hours would not recommend. Need something else that treats you like a human. This company may work for someone else just not me
lay out
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 12, 2018
good company they show you everything you need to know .good people all the way to the home office .all you have to do is show up in a good mood and be ready to work
Not the best job
Sales Manager Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, IN New Albany, INJanuary 1, 2018
Job has high stress. No home life balance until work complete. Mgmt will train and will help from time to time. Pay is high expectation are too. I would use this as a experience only type job
Pros
Lunches paid for sales goals
Cons
Mgrs are stressful job is high stress
Difficult home life, every minute was about the job.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 21, 2017
Very stressful place to work,there was no quality home life, could not leave work on certain days of the week until company credit standards were met, which would be nearly 12 or 1 in the middle of the night.
Pros
Free lunches when company sales goals were hit
Cons
Long hours, no home life.
temp job
Manager - Sales (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 20, 2017
i took this a temp job decent place to work and do things not one i wanted to be at for a long period of time.. so if you are wanting a sales postion and enjoy helping people go for it
stressful
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  York, SCNovember 2, 2017
The job is not hard. The problem is the management. There are several managers that for one reason or another do not know how to talk to people. As long as the manager works with you and not against you.
A good rent to own job.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 31, 2017
My time there was enjoyable. I worked there for 2 years as the Sales Manager, but felt like I was the one running the store because our Store Manager felt the need to leave all the time to get her hair done, nails done, etc. Pay and benefits were great. If you don't mind working long hours then you will definitely enjoy this job. If you are a whiner who wants to work 32 hours a week then go into a different field.
Pros
Employee purchase program, pay
Cons
Was a great company that provided me a living for many years
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 17, 2017
Bestway was a great company that offered employees a place to grow and make a good living. I raised 4 children on the salary I made while employed there.
Pros
Security, good upper management, lots of opportunity
Cons
Not any
Disorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 10, 2017
Was a chaotic, unforgiving, poor managed and disorganized company. Liked the people and employees, but was dissatisfied with the organization. I was unhappy, underpaid and very much overworked. I bought my own tools to work with and was not compensated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bestway Rent To Own. Our community is ready to answer.