Bestway Rental, Inc Employee Reviews

Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 17, 2019
The job was ok, The District manager was better at starting mess and talking about what you are doing wrong than training someone to do it the right way.
Pros
Great discount on furniture
Donot work here
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2019
I have worked for this company going on 7 months now..
No at home work life balance...forced to work off days and bullying with unachievable goals...
The pay is not good compared to stress level you endure
I am credit manager for this company....
Pros
Cons
Work late/early, no time off, bad management from home office to district manager....company should shut down
Laid back and fun job
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexander City, ALJanuary 7, 2019
As long as you do your best and get results; this job is a breeze. You have the opportunity to move up through the company and they do value the fact that you have a life outside of work.
Pros
Good pay, small emploee groups, and laid back when things are going well
Cons
Can be extremely stressful, will get tough without a full staff
Worst workplace environment I have ever experienced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 4, 2019
My experience working for bestway for 8 months was absolutely terrible. I left a great job to come work for this company in 2017 in hopes to learn new skills that would better help me achieve a career I would love. It only took me a month or two to realize I had made a horrible mistake. Management constantly cut corners to save money, even if it went against the supposed company policy. This caused numerous problems, the worst being infestations and a generally unclean work environment. This eventually caused an incident with me personally, due to blatant disregard for company policies and procedures in an attempt to save money. I have since then tried to get in touch with corporate office in regard to my situation that ended up costing me a lot of time, money, and ultimately my job, and have yet to ever get a response from anyone. Might I add, the customer service at my store from my coworkers was particularly embarrassing and I was constantly having to correct or be forced to come up with an excuse for inappropriate behavior. It became very difficult to do my job when I knew I could not count on support or even my coworkers and superiors to act with integrity. There were numerous occasions of inappropriate behavior towards customers and between employees brought to management's attention and they consistently choose to ignore everything. My experience there was dealing with very crooked people who had zero ethics or integrity.
Cons
Terrible management, lack of integrity, unclean environment
They need a lot of internal restructure stay away for now
MIT (Manager in Training) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2018
Totally Disorganized. From Top to bottom.
No Structure. Poor follow up. Poor Customer Service.
Work Hours are as expected but the lack of the previous makes them expand your Hrs. and makes it stressful.
Been doing this job at other companies and I saw the worst in this one "Daily".
Management is terrible as there is not follow up. I was in the MIT program as I Manged before it was a shock for me
No culture.
I was appalled seeing the treatment and interaction with good customers.
Hardest part : All of it....
They have great customers unfortunately they do not know how to keep them and respect them
Pros
Cons
No structure lack of respect for customers
It's okay job for someone that's never been in the rent to own business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TN 38134November 27, 2018
O my I have been in this type of business for over 10 years and I strongly agree that someone who never done it would love the rent to own business I did when I first started.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
To much favoritism
Lots of time will be spent at bestway....
Sales Representative/ credit manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2018
Bestway will be your first family. You'll see them more than your own family. Bit it very competitive and I enjoyed my time with the company..........
Pros
Not many lol
Cons
Time vs $$
Taking care of the customer
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSNovember 8, 2018
Greeting customers as they enter the store. Demonstrating high energy, enthusiasm and the ambition to flourish in a fast-paced sales culture. Growing customer base by reaching out to new and existing customers by telephone and on the showroom. Consistently achieving daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals.Seeing and maintaining knowledge of current products, pricing and sales promotions. Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws.Control of cash flow, balancing and audits while maintaining standards. Maintaining company standards as related to staffing, operations, marketing, collections and customer service
great place for fast advancement
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 30, 2018
loved the pay but the company puts more infasis on work than balancing family and work. managers are great and you can move up quickly in the company however there is a high turn over rate.
Pros
competitive pay.
Cons
no family time
Long hours required
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2018
Be prepared to work long hours to achieve numbers They have a saying....8 to faint. Which means 8 in the morning until you can’t handle anymore. Or 9 pm.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great Place to work, overall great atmosphere
Sales Representative/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 27, 2018
I love the atmosphere and the culture of the company. The employees are always very helpful and understanding. overall this is the best rent to own i have had
Good job for a single person
General Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 24, 2018
Bestway pays well and was a good place to work but did not allow me to spend much time with my family, and that was ultimately the reason I left. Good job if you have no outside life
Long hours, stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 20, 2018
You have to work long hours and have to meet a sales goal that is hard to meet in a small town. Management doesn’t want to train and doesn’t want anyone to make any decisions. I was the Sales Manager at the store and it was okay at first until after my 90 days and that is when everyone start acting different. My manager would approve people and not verify information but if I want to approve someone I had to go through him first and half of the time he would block my sales. He would not let people pay out to keep them in debt with them. You have to Sale items that are only worth $200-300 for over $1000 that is unrealistic. You get an hour lunch break which is good but if you are the only manager on duty that day then you do not get a lunch break and you are expected to work 9-11 hours with out break. There aren’t anymore breaks only 1 hour out the day. I learned a few things and one of them is not working in rent to own ever again. Also the insurance is not good the vision only covers $50 for an eye exam and no materials and it has to be an eye company in there network I never used the dental but I did use the health which is decent. You have to wait one year before you can receive vacation. If I was you I would apply to Aaron’s. Also the people are so negative when I first stared everyone was telling me that I wouldn’t change the store or anything and everyone was saying I wasn’t going to last and also they are so last minute about everything but the pay was good and cheap insurance. It’s hard to have a life working here, you work from all day it’s hard to handle any business.  more... You also have to work every weekend. Assistants work from 46-54 hours a week, and you have to take the money to the bank every night after you clock out doesn’t sound safe to visit a bank with hundreds of dollars at night. You also have to work while on break if you do not leave for break. Good look if you want to work here. I warned you.  less
Pros
Hour lunch, pay.
Cons
Management, quotas
Always something productive to do!
Credit and Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
I don't know about other people, but I come to work to WORK! And at Best Way I am always busy and working towards a goal! I don't see myself moving jobs anytime soon. Hours are long but at the end of the day I feel accomplished and ready for the next day. Even as a woman in today's day and age I am treated with respect and equality.
Pros
Great coworkers, good pay, great benefits.
Cons
longer hours
Worst Experience Ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 13, 2018
Terrible people, terrible company. Management lies to employees, and to customers. If you enjoy working with roaches and angry people, this is the company for you.
Very competitive business
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 5, 2018
Used to manage with Bestway got to experience things I’ve never done at any job. Never flown in an air plane Bestway I flown 3 times in 1 year and met some great people along the way. I resigned in the fears of being bought out by buddy’s home furnishings.
Pros
Great pay with benefits
Cons
Staffing- my area no one wanted to work
Worst Rto Company Ever Run while you still can.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 28, 2018
Constant management changes. You as a sales rep know nothing at all you are viewed as inept even though the delivery guys make or break the store. Shown zero respect. You're expendable. Have to buy your own uniform shirts. Delivery's thrown in on the schedule that weren't there before and management blames it on you for the delivery not being meet. Unrealistic expectations of employees. Run while you still can.
Pros
Hour lunch
Decent Pay, Terrible Work/Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2018
Overall a decent company to work for. Current CEO has a strong emphasis on sales and not much else. Overly pressured sometimes on sales. Big culture change in the last year, some good and some not so much.
Work/Life balance isn't very good. Most employees work 45+ hours per week. Most general managers work 60+ hours per week. They do offer some incentives, but they aren't nearly what they should be to put up with some of the clientele and the constant pressure.
Pros
Good employee purchase program, decent pay
Cons
Work/Life balance, job insecurity
Micro management
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 14, 2018
If you want a job where everything is laid out step by step in a check list then this is the job for you. And God forbid if you were to miss a step regardless of how busy you are. While this company does offer recognition for achievements, be ready to be expected to do amazing every day. Accomplishments of last week doesn't mean a thing about this week. If you do great for several weeks and have an off week, be prepared to be chewed out as if that was a normal week.
Pros
No worry of reduced hours due to slow periods.
Cons
NEVER have a Saturday off unless you take a vacation.
Horrible company to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 22, 2018
Save yourself the trouble and don't work for this company! The hours are long and the management is horrible! I worked as a sales manager. The quota was unrealistic. The company has such a bad reputation of screwing over the customers that none of them will do business anymore. They also screw over the workers and if you don't meet their unrealistic quotas, they will fire you on the spot.
Pros
Hour long lunch and decent pay.
Cons
Everything about that place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bestway Rental, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.