Bestway Rental, Inc Employee Reviews

great place for fast advancement
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 30, 2018
loved the pay but the company puts more infasis on work than balancing family and work. managers are great and you can move up quickly in the company however there is a high turn over rate.
Pros
competitive pay.
Cons
no family time
Long hours required
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2018
Be prepared to work long hours to achieve numbers They have a saying....8 to faint. Which means 8 in the morning until you can’t handle anymore. Or 9 pm.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great Place to work, overall great atmosphere
Sales Representative/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 27, 2018
I love the atmosphere and the culture of the company. The employees are always very helpful and understanding. overall this is the best rent to own i have had
Good job for a single person
General Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 24, 2018
Bestway pays well and was a good place to work but did not allow me to spend much time with my family, and that was ultimately the reason I left. Good job if you have no outside life
Long hours, stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 20, 2018
You have to work long hours and have to meet a sales goal that is hard to meet in a small town. Management doesn’t want to train and doesn’t want anyone to make any decisions. I was the Sales Manager at the store and it was okay at first until after my 90 days and that is when everyone start acting different. My manager would approve people and not verify information but if I want to approve someone I had to go through him first and half of the time he would block my sales. He would not let people pay out to keep them in debt with them. You have to Sale items that are only worth $200-300 for over $1000 that is unrealistic. You get an hour lunch break which is good but if you are the only manager on duty that day then you do not get a lunch break and you are expected to work 9-11 hours with out break. There aren’t anymore breaks only 1 hour out the day. I learned a few things and one of them is not working in rent to own ever again. Also the insurance is not good the vision only covers $50 for an eye exam and no materials and it has to be an eye company in there network I never used the dental but I did use the health which is decent. You have to wait one year before you can receive vacation. If I was you I would apply to Aaron’s. Also the people are so negative when I first stared everyone was telling me that I wouldn’t change the store or anything and everyone was saying I wasn’t going to last and also they are so last minute about everything but the pay was good and cheap insurance. It’s hard to have a life working here, you work from all day it’s hard to handle any business.  more... You also have to work every weekend. Assistants work from 46-54 hours a week, and you have to take the money to the bank every night after you clock out doesn’t sound safe to visit a bank with hundreds of dollars at night. You also have to work while on break if you do not leave for break. Good look if you want to work here. I warned you.  less
Pros
Hour lunch, pay.
Cons
Management, quotas
Always something productive to do!
Credit and Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2018
I don't know about other people, but I come to work to WORK! And at Best Way I am always busy and working towards a goal! I don't see myself moving jobs anytime soon. Hours are long but at the end of the day I feel accomplished and ready for the next day. Even as a woman in today's day and age I am treated with respect and equality.
Pros
Great coworkers, good pay, great benefits.
Cons
longer hours
Worst Experience Ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 13, 2018
Terrible people, terrible company. Management lies to employees, and to customers. If you enjoy working with roaches and angry people, this is the company for you.
Very competitive business
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 5, 2018
Used to manage with Bestway got to experience things I’ve never done at any job. Never flown in an air plane Bestway I flown 3 times in 1 year and met some great people along the way. I resigned in the fears of being bought out by buddy’s home furnishings.
Pros
Great pay with benefits
Cons
Staffing- my area no one wanted to work
Worst Rto Company Ever Run while you still can.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 28, 2018
Constant management changes. You as a sales rep know nothing at all you are viewed as inept even though the delivery guys make or break the store. Shown zero respect. You're expendable. Have to buy your own uniform shirts. Delivery's thrown in on the schedule that weren't there before and management blames it on you for the delivery not being meet. Unrealistic expectations of employees. Run while you still can.
Pros
Hour lunch
Decent Pay, Terrible Work/Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2018
Overall a decent company to work for. Current CEO has a strong emphasis on sales and not much else. Overly pressured sometimes on sales. Big culture change in the last year, some good and some not so much.
Work/Life balance isn't very good. Most employees work 45+ hours per week. Most general managers work 60+ hours per week. They do offer some incentives, but they aren't nearly what they should be to put up with some of the clientele and the constant pressure.
Pros
Good employee purchase program, decent pay
Cons
Work/Life balance, job insecurity
Micro management
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 14, 2018
If you want a job where everything is laid out step by step in a check list then this is the job for you. And God forbid if you were to miss a step regardless of how busy you are. While this company does offer recognition for achievements, be ready to be expected to do amazing every day. Accomplishments of last week doesn't mean a thing about this week. If you do great for several weeks and have an off week, be prepared to be chewed out as if that was a normal week.
Pros
No worry of reduced hours due to slow periods.
Cons
NEVER have a Saturday off unless you take a vacation.
Horrible company to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 22, 2018
Save yourself the trouble and don't work for this company! The hours are long and the management is horrible! I worked as a sales manager. The quota was unrealistic. The company has such a bad reputation of screwing over the customers that none of them will do business anymore. They also screw over the workers and if you don't meet their unrealistic quotas, they will fire you on the spot.
Pros
Hour long lunch and decent pay.
Cons
Everything about that place!
excellent
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2018
Owners listened to employees input and used that information to grow the company. Employees were treated very well.

Bonuses were excellent for good results and people were never threaten with losing their jobs as a way of motivating sales.
Pros
great place to work, was like family
Cons
I saw no cons
Moderate paced job.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 5, 2018
Great place to work. Do workers are great people and you meet new people everyday. Pay could be better and could have more time at home but if you like meeting new people then this is for you
One of the best jobs i have ever had the pleasure of working for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  York, SCMarch 26, 2018
Days go by so fast its amazing. I look forward to comming into work every day and my managers are like my family. Long hours but the pay is the best I have ever had. I feel like I am valued as an employee. I like how when I have a problem my peeps make sure im taken care of. I take care of my peeps too. Its a family at bestway. Wish the roads were faster so I could be better for our customers. But otherwise I love my job.
Pros
Free lunch almost every week. Bonus opportunity every month. Room for advancement.
Cons
Not everything can go according to plan. Its life.
Not a good place to work if you're looking for improvement.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2018
I worked here for 7 months as a sales manager. I never received proper training and was never rewarded for a good job. Management all the way to CEO is incompetent and workload is impossible.
Pros
Cons
High turnover
fast paced
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 4, 2018
Very fast paced, I really meeting new people daily, it can be fun at times, the bonuses are pretty good on average, but its lack of management, a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Bonuses
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2018
A typical days work was good just depended on the assignments for the day, management was ok. The hardest part of this job was trying to get furniture in and out of homes and apartments. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to move around to different locations and didn't have to be in place all day.
Not good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  It going okFebruary 20, 2018
It was great starting then just got crazy i have had three dm 4 store manger's just crazy for real just want to work for a good company. Some people is ok to work with other not so much
Pros
Cons
Bad work envorment
sometime fun working environment
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNFebruary 9, 2018
decent place to work, good bonus program, and get to meet new people daily, (must be a peoples person) room to advance at 1st, learn how to assemble furniture and appliances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bestway Rental, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.