Betfred

United Kingdom871 reviews

Clear

bettingbetshopunsociablebookmakerrotabookiegambling

Workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed working.fro negfred due to the amazing team I had. I got given good training and progressed easily. They can and will ask you to move around shops

Pros

Fun

cleaner at befred

This shop is a lovely little store. All of the staff are really welcoming and friendly. I'm really Enjoying working here. The pay is really fair. Would recommend.

Betfred insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Not great

Most people you will meet and work with in this company are brilliant, but its also not the best job, certain people love to gossip but others are very helpful and brilliant youll get sent to other shops pretty often

Great job

Busy but great working environment, staff and management all close almost like family great hours fair hours also overtime alway available great job to work up on

Could be Fun , challenging

You get support from your area team when you need it. Most people are friendly and supportive. You will have the opportunity to travel to cover the shifts. Good place to work at if you don’t gambling and have a good attitude.

Culture is nice, vibe is relaxed but really bad hours and pay. Nice relaxing environment but really nasty hours, open closed are literally like 8am to 10pm with a hour break.

Pros

Nice colleagues.

Cons

Long hours.

Hard work, little reward

I can’t think of one single positive thing. I’ve worked at all levels. There is a massive turnover of staff because management don’t care enough about our wellbeing. It’s all about the bottom line (profit). Staff do not feel valued, that’s due to the culture of the Company. Shocking Company to work for.

Pros

Not a lot

Cons

Too many to mention

Get the most out of the job, if you have an interest in sports.

The company are driven to provide the best possible experience for customers. They are also very pro-active, following government led initiatives, around problem gambling.

Pros

None that stood out

Cons

None that stood out.

Very flexible and easy to get on and progress

I have worked there for 2 years now and have progressed up learnt a lot feel part of a team and supported love my job there is betfred rewards where u can get money off vouchers at loads of regular shops

Pros

Betfred rewards and very flexable

Cons

Can be long days and travelling

Busy but fun

I'm an ASM at Betfred I've worked here for over 2 years and I love it, the job is interesting and varied. Customers can be really nice, have a good relationship with most regulars. Involves working evening and weekends but that works OK for me so not a problem. Great support and encouragement from the area team too.Definitely recommend giving it a go.

Pros

Fun friendly environment

Cons

Can be long hours.

Great workplace

All the staff were lovely, worked well with every member of staff, the management were so easy to get along with and was a good job overall, we’re always laughing and had a great relationship with customers and staff. Would definitely work here again

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Poor work life balance. Minimal training

Long hours working alone. No help from managers if you have any problems. If your face, or should I say chest size fits, you will be OK. Culture of gossip, anything private you discuss with HR or area manager will be common knowledge quickly. Watch your back

Pros

Comfortable chairs and free coffee

Cons

Long hours, no thanks, no training

Easy going and very accommodating with shifts. Due to the large number of shops there is always someone somewhere you can find a decent work place.

Good place to work. Able to work around various commitments like child care and university. Experienced seniors willing to guide and coach new starters.

Pros

Flexibility with rotas and shifts, job security.

Cons

Some full days, salaries are not the best.

betfred

excelent members of staff and a great work enviroment, had chanenges and upsides but on the whole a nice place to work. very flexablw with shift times too.

Pros

good breaks

Cons

angry costomers

Bedfred

I handed my notice in as job cost me my relationship with my child. Rude staff, never supportive. Rude customers Rude area teams Wouldn't recommend

Pros

Cons

Treated disrespecfully, area team vulgar. Rude staff.

Very sociable

Easy to get the job, quick and pleasant recruitment process, staff and customers very sociable, the key to success is to stay focused all the time, always learning stuff, lots of opportunities to share your faith with staff customers and nobody minds and are interested to listen about your faith.

fun but stressfull

working in betfred is fun but in times can be very stressful, dealing with angry customers, and the management don't provide all the necessary needs in times.

Lovely Customer,s

The Customers become Your Freinds . Management are helpful most of the Time .Also can lead to having a social life . If You like socialising then this Job is good for in work and out of work

Favouritism,lack of respect and stability

No overtime pay and they don’t care about staffs wellbeing, all they want is a running shop and money. Racial favouriting is their culture. There’s no equality among staffs only if you’re from a particular race then you lld get away with anything. Stagnancy is all you get from years of working long days in the shops.

Management poor.

With Betfred you can be sure to meet some awesome ppl and some not so awesome ppl. Mostly hire young ppl, who are not willing to help you out in the job. Management aren’t very helpful either. They use you to do favours for them but when you need something like a holiday or you can’t actually help them out on your day off, they criticise you. Make you work tirelessly, even on your holidays.

Fun place to work

Easy retail job, have to be very vigilant in working their due to the many cons that con be conducted by the public. Staff and management friendly and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Betfred. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits