Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive place
PER DIEM MEDICAL INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
Great hospital to work for, really care about the patients, great teaching hospital, with a variety of specialty clinics. the commute and parking are the hardest part
Innovative and supportive
Director of Development (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2018
Very thoughtful environment with hard working people. Motto of caring very important to all levels of staff and staff work together to provide one of the best care models in Boston.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
I currently work at BIDMC and it is a great place top work. The hardest part of the job is how busy it is all of the time and the best part of the job are my coworkers and patients.
Productive and rewarding work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
I learned and grew as a nurse so much here. There were challenges as we set for new grants and programs and there were uncharted waters and much trailblazing. It was really something to take part of.
Pros
Managing many projects and having input amongst colleagues.
Cons
Commuting was a challenge, but I hear the T is running much better now!
Wonderful place
Medical Assistant, General Surgical Specialties (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJuly 10, 2018
This Health facility has taught me a lot. what I am today is because of them teaching me the necessary skills to become a Medical Assistant. Unfortunately, I was never certified and couldn't take the skills taught to me with me. I've tried applying back, and figure why not?? You've shown me what I know, why can't I get a position back.
average
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
Staff and CEO are nice. Benefit is okay.
Pay is average. flexible schedule , many different research project going on.
overall it a good place for entry level who wants to learn how to do research in academia
Great hospital. Great people
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
I worked there for a few years before coming to Needham. I enjoyed the people at BIDMC.
Typical day consisted of In patient and out patient studies.
I would go back but the commute is horrible
Great environment.
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2018
Working in the hospital has it perks. You get to learn about a lot of things, medical wise. Definitely don't have to deal with stress. The coworkers can be very cool at times.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Great company, great mission
Outpatient Pharmacologic Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2018
"Human First" is one of the company's slogans and so far most of everyone who works here walks the talk. Best work environment, everyone is passionate about serving patients and their needs.
Pros
Great people
Cons
can't think of anything significant right now
beth
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work was fun and speedy. answering phone calls billing insurance meeting new people everyday learning something different from all types of culture witch was one of the enjoyable parts of working there.
hard work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2018
I enjoy what I do and the day goes by quickly. A typical day is very physical and fast paced. The hardest part of the job is not enough help. The most challenging is when people don't have a purchase order number and there are over 1500 employees in the hospital.
benefits
Cons
commute
Great job, medical field not for everyone
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2018
I missed this place. Close to home. Great benefits, great staff and patients. Learned alot, but management took jobs too seriously. Opportunity for growth as long as you know someone
OK place to work
Practice Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJune 24, 2018
BIDHC- APG is a stingy company that always has the managers backs. Could care less about their employees. The main hospital BIDMC however I have heard is a better place to be. Pay is ok, compared to other hospitals in the area they could pay more.
Work/Life balance
Associate HR System Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
Real easy going place to work, no pressure to get things done, low stress environment. Real collaborative place with ample opportunities. Once your in, your in for the long haul.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2018
Nice place to work,

Good benefits.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my interaction with the patients making sure they get the excellent and efficient customer service I would want someone to give me.
Pros
Worked for B.I for 10 years now
Cons
no room for advancement
Overall, I enjoyed my work experience at BIDMC
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at Beth Israel Medical Center. Although at times the work could be somewhat stressful and challenging that is what kept it interesting.
Pros
the people
Cons
the work load
Secure place to work
Government Programs- Analyst/Billing (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJune 15, 2018
I loved my day to day functions at BIDMC. Very friendly clean environment to work. Everyone got along great and looked forward to the next business day!
Secure place to work
Temp Administrative Asst. Orthopedic Surgery (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2018
Typical day was busy and productive. Mangers and Supervisors were great. Benefits and salary was outstanding. I'd definitely refer a friend to work here,
Teamwork
RN Medical Surgical /Cardiac (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 14, 2018
Our floor has unbelievable team work. Everyone works great together we are like a family. Someone is always there to help when your day is not going so well. I love working with the patients and getting to know about them, their families and their lives.
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2018
Nice employees and helpful administrators. There is ample opportunity to engage in activities that forward your career on multiple fronts. The employees are friendly and the culture is healthy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight