Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
71Above average

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States797 reviews
Loved working at Beth israel. Great doctors, managers, co workers etc. Fast paced work environment but plenty of support and good pay. Nothing bad to say.
I would work here forever if I could. I recently got a job in a different field, and so I had to leave but I highly recommend working here to anybody and everybody.
Pros
Good breaks, great people, feel appreciated
Cons
Occasionally stressful
It was a nice environment and everyone I worked with was nice. Job flow was smooth and everyone did they’re best to stay safe. Only reason for leaving was due to corona virus.
I have worked with this facility for years . The Nurses are compassionate, empathetic knowledgable and really care about the patients. The doctors also compassionate and provide excellent care from the Emergency room to the inpatient doctors. Its like coming to work with your family everyday.
Pros
Great people, awesome patients
Leadership and management continue to be an issue. Very few are willing to help.The ones who are willing to help are in over their heads. The wellness culture of the hospital remains low.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The politics and space wars make things a bit unsettling at times. Loyalty is not rewarded often and many researchers feel under appreciated and underfunded. Great ideas can still arise given the proper collaboration and star alignment. The volunteer programs are top notch and deserve more funding. The Reiki Program helps so many ill patients relax and have respite from pain.
BIDMC is one of the worst places I can think of to work. The nursing staff does not respect other employees unless they are of higher power. They do not treat PCTS, house keeping, food worker etc with respect. Nurse managers are equally as bad or worse. NM's do not respect PCTS at all. Most PCTs are students working towards a degree or higher career, they don't like that. If you aren't able to work a shift because of a class, you will be written up or even fired. They do not care about family matters, if you have a death, you are required to work. They do not care about you, you are just another number.
A great experience to learn and grown within the health care setting. This facility provides great care for their patients and their employees, making sure that all needs are met.
It was Avery nice experience and I enjoyed worki g there alot . I achieved alot careerwise and learned many good things. My supervisor was a very nice lady.
I loved interacting with the staff and patients here and will return in the future for a part time position or as a volunteer. I feel as though I now have a great relationship with staff and patients here
I worked for the BI for a few months and enjoyed my time there. The employees on the team were welcoming and it was a great experience. I met many employees and felt helpful being bilingual it came in handy several times. There were a couple of times when we had employees who English was their second language that needed help with translation of the information or questions that they had. They were so thankful.
Great place to work, love the patient care the doctors deliver A*. however one will need to move around to grow.
very little room for growth. If you're looking to start your career this maybe a good place to start but move on.
I am volunteering, so there is little to no pressure and I am treated very well. I run the main Front Desk, answer information calls, greet and direct patients, and sell flowers. It is a pretty relaxed, but busy environment. I am learning new skills and enjoying the job. The coworkers are very helpful. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Relaxed environment, helpful coworkers, ability to learn new skills
Cons
smaller hospital, limited number of positions available
Had the opportunity to work at BIDMC and I was great. I super recommend it as a hospital and work place. Most of the employees were satisfied and happy.
Toxic work culture within my department, would not recommend. Does look great on resume but be careful and do your due diligence in the departments you would like to work for
its a job that doesnt pay all the bills. have to get part time job so i can afford to live. thats alll i have to say. have a great rest of the week and the many days to come.
Beth Israel Deaconess medical center is a very good hospital that provides most of the best doctors and nurses from one of the top University in the World Harvard and they are also connected with other great hospital i.e layha hospital, Boston Children, Brigham and women's e.t.c.
A typical day at work is 10 hours on your feet, fast pace, demanding, and frustrating with high acuity and patient turnover. The team I work with are excellent and have provided much support when needed. Nursing isn't easy, but it is rewarding.
BID-Plymouth is a small hospital where you become familiar with most people in the building, fostering a community atmosphere. The team and educators on my unit were very supportive and went to great lengths to help you succeed. Pay was average, benefits decent.
When in and did what they wanted done.
They supervisor was easy to talk to and work with.

Very quiet and to the point temp job.

Very good location, was not a far distance from my home.
I have been working here as an ECG technician for a total of three years and I love it! I am always learning new things. I have an awesome team and a boss that goes above and beyond!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight