Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

Helpfule enviroment
Financial Counselor/Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2019
Making sure all patient had insurance for all patient that didn't have and needed help to apply for Mass Health or disability thru Mass Health. Ran reports to capture the patient that didn't have insurance that where inpatient or came thru the emergency room.
Fun Place
Practice Coordinator/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 28, 2018
Fun place, nice people, the work culture is very welcoming and friendly. People treat each other with respect no matter what. A typical day at work can be easy going to a day where is very busy, but at the end of the day you end up helping a patient in way or the other.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short lunch break
some pros some cons
Staff Nurse- West Campus Operating Room/CVI (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 16, 2018
overall i enjoy working here but it’s obvious when you’re not “in the click”... therefore it can be difficult to build trusting relationships, not feel uncomfortable during incidents of favoritism, or be confident in support from management
Pros
pay
Cons
favoritism
Volunteer receptionist.
Receptionist/Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 6, 2019
This is a part time volunteer position.
I work one day a week for four hours.
Occasional fill in on other days as requested.
I enjoy the people that I work with, both full time employees and other volunteers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
The people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 21, 2019
Everyone there is pleasant
Everyone is smiling
I've yet to encounter a "gossiping crew"
Everyone works their 8-12hr shifts and go home
I love the company/location
Most Enjoyable Part Of My Day
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2019
The most important part of my day is hearing the patients happy.
Being able to help someone even if it's by just giving them a simple answer/direction.

The hardest part of the job is feeling unappreciated, "micro managed"
Pros
Discounts, Paid time off
Cons
Low salary, management
Typical Postdoc
Post-doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Post doctoral researcher position in Nephrology that I feel is typical to most academic research positions. You have a lot of freedom to pursue your interests, but that comes at the expense of a lower salary in the current climate of academic research in America.
excellent
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Meet and greet patient with a smile, when checking them in for schedule appointment.

● Greeted, registered and directed patients.
● Answered phones and took detailed messages for physicians
● Data entry of patient’s demographic, insurance, referrals, and PCP information.
● Scheduled appointments, follow ups, CT, MRI, Ultrasound and labs.
● Coordinated patient care with other departments
micromanagement
Practice/Telephone Representative (Dermatology) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2018
unless you want to feel like someone's puppet, receiving directions from 10 different people in your department- don't work here.

management is VERY poor
A day at work
Lead Administrative Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
. Welcome patients and escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
Ensure that multi-dose vials of solutions are dated when opened and disposed of promptly when expired.
Worked here for 1.5 years
Patient Care Assistant, NICU/Special Care Nursery (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2018
I worked here as a PCT in a unit for 1.5 years. I graduated nursing school during this time and hoped to be able to gain a new grad position, which 2x during my job search process was posted. I applied to both and manager knew.

This unit has 99% nursing staff that is Caucasian, despite a diverse patient population. That being said, since they like to hire internal, I was hoping I could at least have an interview, especially since I was told that I would be considered. I know many coworkers put in a good word for me, but I was never contacted at all or even acknowledged that I applied.

It disappoints me, and by no means do I think I am entitled to a position, I just wanted an opportunity to interview and to be considered because I really loved working there and the patients. I hope in the future the staff will diversify to reflect the patients better.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Not diverse at all
Very Professional
Patient Financial Associate Beth Israel Hospital (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
The best hospital to work in in Boston MA. There is room to grow and get your education paid for. They are very good with the benefits package for their employees.
Pros
Classes taught in the hospital.
Cons
expensive parking.
Fast paced structural Enviornment
Kept supervisor informed (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
I enjoyed working at Beth Israel Hospital very much. It was constant consistent work that helped the day go by really quick while staying fairly busy.
Working Closely with Fellows
Fellowship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2019
I worked closely every day in Hematology-Oncology, which in itself was difficult because the Fellows dealt with cancer patients; however watching the doctors grow from the time they came in until the time the graduated was an exciting and enriching experience. I enjoyed the interaction and planning process of their educational experience. The hardest part of the job was watching them graduate and move on in their careers.
The two departments in which I was employed, were very busy. the hospital overall is not a bad place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2018
Overall not the worst job I have ever had. I do feel that some managers don't care enough abut the employees. I also feel as though there needs to be consideration into raising the pay at Beth Israel,
Pros
close to home
Cons
sometimes
awful job!
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2019
The patients are wonderful, but my co-workers were terrible people. It was literally unbearable working at Rosenburg. I found myself helping other patients who were not even assigned to me. Why you might ask? Because my co-workers just ignored their calls.
Pros
Some times I eat the patents crackers without telling them
Cons
Everything else
Positive and Collaborative Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2018
Management and coworkers were positive influences within the hospital. While my time here was limited and temporary, it could have become a permanent position if I had chosen. Like anywhere, if you work hard, you will be recognized for the effort and promoted.
overworked and underpaid
Ancillary Department (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 17, 2019
This hospital continues to grow, yet they don't see a need for more staff. There are not enough beds/rooms for patients, they get stuck in holding areas with only curtains for barriers. I would not go here for treatment or recommend it.
loved the patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2018
the environment was wonderful and they love to have luncheons from all kinds of places. great people to work with. just sad when some of the patient come in and then a bad turnaround
It's good
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2019
I work in a research laboratory which doesn't have to do with the clinical aspect of a hospital. I can speak to the laboratory work environment and believe it to be positive overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight