Beth Sholom Lifecare Community Employee Reviews

Awesome environment
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2019
I currently work at Beth Sholom. There are many challenges and no one day is the same as the day before. WE strive for excellence and love our residents. Staffing sometimes is a challenge and I sometimes go home exhausted feeling as if I should have accomplished more. It is an exciting place to work and grow.
don’t go there if at all possible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 9, 2019
They definitely get you with how pretty the building is, but management is not ideal. Very racist atmosphere which was very discouraging. Also, management seems disorganized and rude. It is just not what I thought it would be. The only good thing that I experienced is I made a very few close friendships and the residents are really sweet.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, Extremely Racist
June 21, 2019

I am sorry you did not have a great experience at Beth Sholom. We truly believe that we are a great employer and always open to how we can be better and live up to our motto that "individually we are special but together we are SPECTACULAR".

Never work here they are horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2019
New don is very unprofessional rude and just nasty they never have enough staff they will let you slave working there no team work a few good cna and nurses by overall the worst place I’ve have ever worked and they are racist there also
June 21, 2019

I am sorry that you felt our rock star DON was rude and unprofessional. She has very high standards because our RESIDENTS deserve the best care possible. We certainly maintain very low resident to staff ratios because we want our staff to meet the residents needs and also have time to build relationships with the residents. We have such a diverse staff made up of many different cultures both in leadership and staff that there is no opportunity for racism in our environment nor is any type of discriminatory behavior tolerated.

Horrible Management at Beth Sholom.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 28, 2018
HORRIBLE Management ! Not supportive when there are issues or concerns. You truly feel just like a number. I had high hopes that everything that was appealing to me at the time of hire would stand true !
Pros
Attractive Workplace
Cons
Horrible management
June 21, 2019

We have new and exciting leadership and are looking forward to changes as a result. So sorry you had such a negative experience.

workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2018
beth Sholom use to be a great place to work. but now all the old staff are gone. And now they're under new management its a total flop now. beth Sholom home has just been renovated for about a year now so it looks really nice in there. but the new nursing staffing person sucks, and the pay rate is horrible they don't want to give their employees any raises. there excuse for that is they over budget. don't work here go somewhere else.
Pros
less paitents then most facilities
Cons
pay
June 21, 2019

We are a great place to work and continuing to grow and get better. We have an annual review process and merit increases are directly tied to the results of one's evaluation.

A Great Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2018
I have worked at Beth Sholom for 2 years. I have seen people come and go. Some are missed and some needed to leave as they were not good team mates. Yes you will work hard at Beth Sholom. But you will have fun and the residents are great!
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Not on the bus line
Great place for advancement
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2018
If you are a hard working person and apply yourself this is a great place to work with opportunities for advancement, co workers are friendly and helpful. The Home has been beautifully updated, the Residents and Families are great to work with.
Pros
On site Bistro
Cons
Healthcare insurance is expensive
Love working here
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2017
I have been with Beth Sholom for 5 months working directly for the CEO. I have enjoyed my time at Beth Sholom and look forward to many years to come. The CEO has been one of the best managers I have had in my career and I have learned a lot from him in a short period of time. His communication style is direct however he is very fair and consistent in his approach.

I have enjoyed working directly with the Board of Directors, Administration, HR, and nursing staff. I find everyone to be very professional and willing to help if you need it. The families at Beth Sholom are also very friendly and I enjoy getting to know them.
Pros
Ceo, co-workers, residents
You do not want to work for Beth Sholom
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2017
The CEO/President is extremely angry all the time. The work atmosphere is very negative and it is hard to stay motivated. The CEO/President is truly mentally ill.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Negative atmosphere.
June 21, 2019

It is a shame to bash a great company because one's boss had issues with work output. I work for the CEO and I have seen no evidence of an angry or mean spirited individual.

Great people to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 24, 2015
It has been a pleasure to work with some of the co- workers that I work with they help make the day go by fast and fun. I enjoy working with the patients they make it very worth my while.
Very poor managment skills, No team work, Extremely understaffed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Parkside ALMay 14, 2015
A typical shift at Parkside would start Extremely understaffed to No staff on the floor.

No Nursing station to have report or to document in.

No incentives to improve moral of employees.

Not enough parking for employees or residents.

Unable to purchase meals on site.

Management is not supportive

No team work due to a Negative / Hostile environment

Unsafe working conditions with Lack of supplies
Pros
The Residents
Cons
The Managment and The Lack of Support for their Employees
Non-productive, poor managment skills, absolutely no team work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  RichmondFebruary 12, 2015
Your typical day at work will start with no staff, and your DON will bully you all day long; Unprofessional, knows nothing about management or her patients and could care less about her staff; not supportive at all!!! The pay is horrible as well as the benefits and your co-workers do not believe in team work. There was nothing enjoyable about working at Beth Sholom.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Substandard
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaApril 11, 2014
One of the worse places to work as Nursing Professional:
- Management isn't supportive
- Extremely understaffed
- Management doesn't help/no teamwork on the floor. - Negative environment starting from the CEO throwing tantrums in front of family and staff to underhanded bully practices by Don/Admin/Human Resources
- Unsanitary
- Lowest paying facility in the area/no incentives
- Unprofessional, unsafe, hazardous working conditions
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Better Places Out There
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 3, 2013
The lure of a nice building drew me and then reality set in. The company culture is not as nice as the decor and it all starts at the top. An assisted living environment always has challenges but dealing with residents is one thing, now dealing with the leadership or lack there of is another. Look elsewhere if you are serious about your career and want to enjoy your job.
Pros
Nice new buildng.
Cons
Por company culture, not a positive work environment.
Productive and fun workplace.
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2013
A typical day at work I plan and do activities to stimulate and promote social interaction with elderly people also with people with dementia. I have learned how to work as team and also enhanced my social skills. This job isnt really hard because it fun.
Pros
Benefits and Experience
Cons
unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Sholom Lifecare Community. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4