Beth Sholom Lifecare Community Employee Reviews

A Great Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2018
I have worked at Beth Sholom for 2 years. I have seen people come and go. Some are missed and some needed to leave as they were not good team mates. Yes you will work hard at Beth Sholom. But you will have fun and the residents are great!
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Not on the bus line
Great place for advancement
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2018
If you are a hard working person and apply yourself this is a great place to work with opportunities for advancement, co workers are friendly and helpful. The Home has been beautifully updated, the Residents and Families are great to work with.
Pros
On site Bistro
Cons
Healthcare insurance is expensive
Love working here
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2017
I have been with Beth Sholom for 5 months working directly for the CEO. I have enjoyed my time at Beth Sholom and look forward to many years to come. The CEO has been one of the best managers I have had in my career and I have learned a lot from him in a short period of time. His communication style is direct however he is very fair and consistent in his approach.

I have enjoyed working directly with the Board of Directors, Administration, HR, and nursing staff. I find everyone to be very professional and willing to help if you need it. The families at Beth Sholom are also very friendly and I enjoy getting to know them.
Pros
Ceo, co-workers, residents
You do not want to work for Beth Sholom
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2017
The CEO/President is extremely angry all the time. The work atmosphere is very negative and it is hard to stay motivated. The CEO/President is truly mentally ill.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Negative atmosphere.
Great people to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 24, 2015
It has been a pleasure to work with some of the co- workers that I work with they help make the day go by fast and fun. I enjoy working with the patients they make it very worth my while.
Very poor managment skills, No team work, Extremely understaffed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Parkside ALMay 14, 2015
A typical shift at Parkside would start Extremely understaffed to No staff on the floor.

No Nursing station to have report or to document in.

No incentives to improve moral of employees.

Not enough parking for employees or residents.

Unable to purchase meals on site.

Management is not supportive

No team work due to a Negative / Hostile environment

Unsafe working conditions with Lack of supplies
Pros
The Residents
Cons
The Managment and The Lack of Support for their Employees
Non-productive, poor managment skills, absolutely no team work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  RichmondFebruary 12, 2015
Your typical day at work will start with no staff, and your DON will bully you all day long; Unprofessional, knows nothing about management or her patients and could care less about her staff; not supportive at all!!! The pay is horrible as well as the benefits and your co-workers do not believe in team work. There was nothing enjoyable about working at Beth Sholom.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Substandard
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaApril 11, 2014
One of the worse places to work as Nursing Professional:
- Management isn't supportive
- Extremely understaffed
- Management doesn't help/no teamwork on the floor. - Negative environment starting from the CEO throwing tantrums in front of family and staff to underhanded bully practices by Don/Admin/Human Resources
- Unsanitary
- Lowest paying facility in the area/no incentives
- Unprofessional, unsafe, hazardous working conditions
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and fun workplace.
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2013
A typical day at work I plan and do activities to stimulate and promote social interaction with elderly people also with people with dementia. I have learned how to work as team and also enhanced my social skills. This job isnt really hard because it fun.
Pros
Benefits and Experience
Cons
unorganized